Days of Our Lives - Fri., June 2, 2017

@daysdg.........I would not exactly call Chad's telling his wife that he also has feelings for another woman as "fighting for her". Nope, Chad has definitely been wishy washy about his wife, his marriage. Yep, supposedly still wanted his wife, but wanted that mistress on the side. In my opinion, Chad has perhaps a "lust" for Gabi, but isn't really in love.

And also, in my opinion, the actor, who I have thought to be terrific in the past, seems to not care for this storyline, because he sure is not performing as he did in the past. He gave his all, his full attention, his emotions & feelings were all right there, in his face, his actions, as he fought for Abby. got her away from Ben, married her, etc.

Now, he just stands there, going uh, huh. And looking blank.

It is a shame writers have favorites and write for them, and not everyone. Or destroy other characters in the process of headlighting the ones they favor. Dena Higley is not the only writer to have done this. Does anyone doubt at all how much Dena LOVES the character of Daniel? Or Nicole? Or how little regard she has for the character of Chloe, or ...well, there are others who have not fared well under the current writing regime. Why go on.

Heck, we have all noted that it had to be Daniel's child, Holly who "saved" Brady, not his own son, Tate, who was lucky he was brought to see Daddy and hear his goodbye!

When exactly has Abby ever fought for Chad or their marriage? Was it while she was engaged to another man but having sex with Chad and making excuses to be around Chad? Or was it while she hid in her mom's attic, or was it once she came back into Chad's life, but found excuses to be alone with Dario, a man who told her he is in love with her? I personally can't ever think of a time she fought for this relationship.

I agree that Chad has not had very good lines lately. Why they make him always joking or acting stupid around Gabi is annoying to watch, in my opinion.

Last edited:
Yep, Abby has been a doofus, and still is. She & Chad do make a perfect pair. LOL

I do not think either one has tried at all to get back in the groove with their spouse. And again, it is horrible writing, so, broken record that I am, don't think the actors can stand their own story. LOL

When exactly has Abby ever fought for Chad or their marriage? Was it while she was engaged to another man but having sex with Chad and making excuses to be around Chad? Or was it while she hid in her mom's attic, or was it once she came back into Chad's life, but found excuses to be alone with Dario, a man who told her he is in love with her? I personally can't ever think of a time she fought for this relationship.
:clap::clap:

Poirot, I understand your point of view. Chad certainly has been acting silly these past few weeks, and I definitely get Abigail's frustration. Still, he hit the nail on the head when he said she just wants to be a martyr, and look better and like a victim (much as Jennifer did throughout her relationship with Daniel and her situations with Nicole in 2012).

Abigail was the one slept with EJ, knowing that it probably would affect Chad in a negative way. But beyond that---she led him on while with Ben, having an affair with him, knowing that she would remain committed to her then-fiance. Later, she faked her death with the help of Andre, despite having a son with Chad. She chose to remain hidden in her mother's attic rather than reunite with her family.

Even when Chad found out she was alive, it wasn't because she mad the right decision---it's because she happened to get caught, unluckily for her! If she hadn't been, I've no doubt she would still be in Jennifer's attic, if she chose to remain in Salem, that is.

Chad may have acknowledged his feelings for Gabi (which never would've happened if Abigail hadn't faked her death and remained hidden for months thereafter), yet he was still willing to work through their issues and chose her, at the end of the day. Instead, she threw him away, and now plays victim when he seems to be moving on. Because of this, while I acknowledge the silly elements of the storyline and Chad's contradictory behavior at times, I find Abigail more at fault for this divorce than him.

Last edited:
Yes, Chad SAID he was willing to get his marriage back on track, but his actions said different. In addition, he even told his wife he had feelings for another woman. Not pinning roses on either one...both are at fault here, and Gabi did not help the situation at all.

It certainly was difficult to watch both of these characters, who had such a huge fanbase, act like such stupid idiots.

i like Gabi with Eli.....there is not a single spark (to me) between Gabi & Chad. Their lust is apparent...but to me it is no different than drooling after some character.which many here do.....me included. lol but nope...that is all it is...just admiration.

I'm glad Eli walked away from Gabi's fickle behind. Gabi is going to have to find out the hard way like Nicole did with EJ. The minute Sami threw him a crumb he would go running. lol. It's the same way with Chad. He will never get Abby out of his system. At least as long as either one is on the show. lol

I agree. Billy Flynn (Chad) has definitely been sleepwalking through this storyline.

edited to write out actor's name and add character's name; please remember not everyone knows the actors' real names - JS

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't forget the goat.
Yes, let's not forget the goat who has more smarts than all the Salem castaways put together. In fact, Eli should quit tinkering with the radio and let the goat fix it. While he/she is at it, the goat could probably also help Gabi and Chad resolve their relationship problems, help Paul talk sense to Sonny "Big Boy" Kiriakis about Titan, and educate Lani and JJ about the mystery skull.

black_goat_postcard-r28bec5708f8b48008dd1a7a1059fb703_vgbaq_8byvr_324.jpg

Island Goat: Hey, Salemites, got problems? Ask me.

It is a shame writers have favorites and write for them, and not everyone. Or destroy other characters in the process of headlighting the ones they favor. Dena Higley is not the only writer to have done this. Does anyone doubt at all how much Dena LOVES the character of Daniel? Or Nicole? Or how little regard she has for the character of Chloe, or ...well, there are others who have not fared well under the current writing regime.

Sonny, Chad, Abby, none of them are the same characters we knew months ago. Tsk tsk writers, more subjected to bad writing.

Definitely we have seen favoritism from the writers for certain characters in the past, but Dena Higley has actually managed to make former favorite characters of mine like Sonny, Gabi, and Chloe extremely hard to root for and quite unlikable in the last couple of months. As for Chad and Abby, I really enjoyed them in the Fall of 2015 and Spring of 2016. I felt that we were finally seeing a young couple headed to supercouple status which has not happened for over a decade. Sadly, with the recast of Abby, I just don't see the same chemistry between the two, but at the same time I don't see Chad with Gabi other than a short term fling. I am really hoping the new headwriter can turn these characters around and make them rootable again.

@daysdg.........I would not exactly call Chad's telling his wife that he also has feelings for another woman as "fighting for her". Nope, Chad has definitely been wishy washy about his wife, his marriage. Yep, supposedly still wanted his wife, but wanted that mistress on the side. In my opinion, Chad has perhaps a "lust" for Gabi, but isn't really in love.
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Uh-ohhhh, does Ruffles McRed have some competition??
It's possible. There's a rumor that Salem's sleazy tabloid, the Intruder, is considering signing up the goat to do an advice column. The straight-talking goat would provide frank advice instead of Ruffles's platitudes that center on home-baked cookies, warm milk, and a chat with cuddly Victor as the solution for most problems. Below is a sample of the goat's advice

Ask the Island Advice Goat
black_goat_postcard-r28bec5708f8b48008dd1a7a1059fb703_vgbaq_8byvr_324.jpg

Dear Advice Goat,
My mother's awful, stoopid husband ruined my life years ago!!! I actually saw them cavorting on a table-top!! I HATE him!! How can I convince my mother to leave this life-ruining doodyhead?
SG

Hey SG,
Years ago? You sound more than a little obsessive. Get over yourself and get on with life. And for heaven's sake stop using all those exclamation points.
Island Advice Goat

And also, in my opinion, the actor, who I have thought to be terrific in the past, seems to not care for this storyline, because he sure is not performing as he did in the past.
I'll second that. He's phoning this performance in.
Heck, we have all noted that it had to be Daniel's child, Holly who "saved" Brady, not his own son, Tate, who was lucky he was brought to see Daddy and hear his goodbye!
Or his mother, father, sister, niece...easily accessible in a Salem second. And his ghostly visit had to be from the sleazy doc, even, not his birth mother, Isabella.

Peaches? Peaches are grown around where I live but I'd never thought of them growing wild on some island..

I got curious and looked it up. Peaches are originally from China, and spread via the Silk Road from there

I wonder if Sonny flew in the Bermuda Triangle because the island has lemons, peaches and goats.

And now Paul is acting strange after he got bit by a bug.

I'm glad Eli mentioned the black box. I wondered about that since plane crashed.

Well, since both lemons and peaches are originally from Asia and spread from there, I'm willing to accept them both growing on the island. What with the goat and the human skull, it's apparent that people were there at some point and time in the past.

Either the mosquito (or some other variety of bug) is carrying the fastest incubating virus in the world, or Paul is having a really weird allergic reaction to the bite!

I'm glad Eli mentioned it too. It'd been driving me nuts ever since the bit about not being able to transmit their location because the radio was too badly damaged in the crash and fire.

Back