Days of Our Lives - Fri., June 24, 2016

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Friday, June 24, 2016

Chad finds Andre in DiMansion taking money out of the safe, orders him to put it back, and get out, he doesn't live there. Andre brings up Abby, how she is getting worse, Chad wonders how Andre heard this, as Andre really doesn't even know Abby. True, Andre pretends not to remember where he heard that. Again Chad orders him to leave, Andre tries to moan about Daddy being gone, Chad is all Andre has left, he is penniless, blah, blah. Chad again orders him out, but does give him a wad of bills from the safe so he won't sleep on the streets, admonishing him to get his scar fixed. Andre mentions Abby's face mask, Chad shrugs it off, allergic reaction to chemicals in an accelerant. Andre slyly says something about using a mask on Abby as a way to get her out of that hospital, then leaves.

At the hospital, Dr. Robinson is with an agitated Abby, talking of giving her a sedative. Abby quiets down, she is o.k. Dr. gets an emergency call of an outpatient admitted over at Salem hospital, very agitated, she leaves.

Abby has a fantasy of being home with Chad, seeing Thomas, holding him, happy to be back, Chad telling her he loves her, she is holding Thomas, she loves Chad, too. They kiss, the 3 together, all happy. Now Ben appears, taunting Abby that she will be sent downstate, and will never, never get out. She is covering her ears, saying no, no, go away. A guard opens the door, Abby claims just a nightmare. Ben watches. When the guard closes the door, Abby peers thru the blinds, sees a guy reading a book, exclaims that is it, that is the distraction. Dante's bible. She opens the door, asks the guard if she can get a magazine. He says yes, she goes over, takes a magazine, covering the bible with another magazine, returning to her room with guard watching. The man returns, finds his book gone, and gets all upset, nurse & guard are trying to calm him down, calling for someone else. This enables Abby to slip out of her room.

Nicole & Dario are at the Pub, she is telling him something about still having her job, but Kate's voice is heard saying not any more. You are fired. Kate stands there, Nik asks Dario to leave them, gets Kate to admit she doesn't want to see Nicole spend rest of her life in prison for something she did not do. Kate sits down, talks of how angry she was over what she heard by the river, but it was stupid of her. She isn't worried about Nicole, no body, maybe never. After all, birds have to fly, fish have to eat. Nicole is appalled, thought Kate had a heart. But Kate reminds her she is a survivor. She leaves Dario returns, Nicole upset, he thinks he has a way to take her mind off things. They leave.

At Chloe's, Deimos is thanking her for letting him stay an extra night, Chloe asks if it was Victor who tried to kill him, Deimos says no, it was Kate. Chloe replies to join the club, Kate tried to kill her, too. Deimos says he has a chunk of money put away, and isn't going back to Salem. Wants to start fresh, Chloe wishes she could. He asks her to comes with him, Parker, too, of course. Go out west, CA, Hawaii, talks of Thailand, Australia. Sounds good, but Chloe is going to stay there. He is thanking her again, talking of not wanting to be that revenge seeking man he was in prison, wants to be the man he is now, with her. She doesn't trust anything he says, he understands, but he is kissing her, she is kissing back, but pushes him away. He again understands, thanks her again for all she has done, is out the door, she pulls him back, kiss, kiss, and more, and they are taking off clothes, on the sofa, and nature takes it's course.

Later, Chloe didn't expect this to happen, isn't sure about this all, knows he was in love with a woman in Salem. They are getting clothes back on, chatter, she talks of Parker's father, wonderful doctor, their marriage did not work, but he was a great father. Died in an auto accident on New Year's Eve. Was too sad, he was engaged to my friend, Nicole, who was devastated. Deimos's ears perk up. Nicole Walker? Yes, did you know her in Salem. Deimos only says yes, we had some dealings. Chloe quickly gets the light bulb moment, Don't tell me Nicole was the woman you fell in love with there?

Chad sits alone, looking at his & Abby's wedding picture.

Nicole & Dario are at Club TBD, he has told her his dad bought it, wanted him to help run it. Admits he said no, etc. but thinks maybe he should do it., remembers when it was the Cheatin' Heart, and he worked there. But now, the place needs changing up, he wants Nicole to help him do it. Chloe calls. Nicole is sorry they have been playing telephone tag. Chloe is looking furtively behind her, making sure she is alone. Nicole asks what is up.

Kate sits on a park bench, looking at Helena's ring, talking to herself about it. Behind her comes Andre, noting he is not the only one who is a lost soul today.

Abby has managed to slip into Dr. Robinson's dark office, preparing to open the drapes, but she hears Dr. Robinson on the phone to someone, coming to her office to download some files. She hides under the desk, Dr. leaves, Abby opens the drapes, then the big window, and out she goes.

Thank you for the summary. A half way decent show today.

Days coud have done without the boinking.

I'm so tired of the hallucinations, too. Thank goodness Abigail got out if that place. She definitely wasn't getting the proper treatment. Kate Mansi has done a good job with the newest version of Abby.

No, Ben took her face mask off......though I think she still had her arms bandaged, but had her robe over that hospital gown. She went out that window with no mask.

LOL, as that is what Andre' said......how she could be gotten out of there with a mask on and no one would know it was her.

So Deimos sleeps with Kate, many times, apparently falls for Nicole and now, sleeps with Chloe. :sick: Yeah, thanks for delivering on the promised romance, Days ! :sarcasm:

Thanks for the summary, Poirot, as I might not be able to stomach this show for much longer. Really, really on the verge of quitting for good !

Such a difference than when I was a teenager, during the 80's, and I was the only one who didn't appreciate weekends, as Days wasn't on. :eek:

Abigail's exit: I liked it. If I were to examine how her escape went down.I would probably find more plot holes then a piece of Swiss cheese but darn it all I liked it anyway. I liked her telling Ben's vision to "go to heck," that she was finally done cowering. I liked the way they used the fact Kate Mansi (Abigail) is truly what one used to call a "tiny wisp of a girl" and was easily able to fit in the tiny space under Dr. Robinson's desk. I liked the fact that we didn't see her being dragged off via the men in white coats to a more secure facility or some other more sinister forces.

I liked the fact she left that cotton-picking mask behind. From what I understand it's being used to protect her face from an allergic reaction to the chemicals that caused the fire. Okay, but I have ask what was the reaction? Clean and open pores? LOL

I especially liked the smile on her face before she climbed out the window. that was the somewhat triumphant moment I felt she needed to have.

I know she's really not in mental or physical condition to be running around but darn it I liked it anyway.

Andre and Chad: I've made no secret that I'm not a fan of Andre's return. I just think the evil side of the DiMeras family has run its course. But there's no denying that when those are in scenes together they are pure gold. I found Andre actually trying to ingratiate himself to Chad especially entertaining.

I really enjoyed this episode. I daresay I personally found it one of the more satisfying episodes in quite a while.

One small nitpick it looked like Andre may have been drinking a caramel flavored ice coffee in the last scene with Kate in the park. It's bad enough I have the Portland Pinhead coming from my region of the country, now it looks like Andre has a taste for one of my favorite beverages. Don't worry I know these are just fictional characters we're talking about here. But nevertheless I don't like the thought of having anything in common with either of those sleazebags. LOL

No, Ben took her face mask off......though I think she still had her arms bandaged, but had her robe over that hospital gown. She went out that window with no mask.

Abby and Ben removed the mask together it was just the camera angle was more on Ben. But you could see her hands there. Kate Mansi (Abby) also discussed this in her SOD exit interview last week saying that it was her idea for them to remove the mask together, a sign of her strength.

I was kind of underwhelmed by today's episode and her escaping. I thought the smile before escaping was part Abigail's strength and part Kate saying thank you to the fans. I did like her telling Ben where to go too. Great job by both Rob Wilson (Ben) and Kate Mansi (Abby). I will miss them both.

Andre seemed to know a bit too much about Abigail for someone who has been in prison up until 5 minutes ago.

Chloe and Deimos: Whatever. Why does this newbie suddenly get 3 women clamoring over him? And if Deimos has now spent 2 nights with Chloe, then Chloe either slept in her clothes or has very limited wardrobe.

I want Kate to pay big time for what she is doing to everyone. That pretty much means she probably won't.

Thanks, Poirot.

I enjoyed the scenes with Rob Wilson (Ben) and Kate Mansi (Abby). I'm glad he was there
to work with her on her final day.

Andre knew too much about Abigail and what's going on with her. He's not Stefano. Maybe
someone he knows works at the hospital.

Interesting conversation Kate and Nicole had. Too bad Nicole didn't tape that one. I laughed
when Kate said "Birds gotta fly, fish gotta eat"

Interesting to see Chad give Andre money. I wish Chad asked him how he got into the mansion.

Interesting name of the character who had the Bible. Dante.. As in Dante's Inferno. At first,
Abby wondered if she needed to start fire to leave the hospital.. and we heard the word hell.

I will miss Abby. And I still preferred her with Ben, even though Chad is stellar.

I fully support Chloe and Deimos even though I agree with Heather's contention that Deimos is too new to get so much airtime.

I actually could like André and Kate, as well. I do love Thaao Penghlis, I just wish he were Tony, or even another unknown DiMeraling.

I think Heather may have been right about Dr Robinson, and it's a shame. Can't we have one profession that isn't horribly tainted by the DiMeras?

If earlier this week, Days had "Relationship Tuesday," today was "Sincerity Friday," featuring what passes for that sentiment in Salem. Over at Chloe's there was Deimos earnestly painting a portrait of the happy couple off on an odyssey with Parker. Of course, this magical sojourn features a guy who's just spent thirty years in a Greek jail, has caused his sister in law's paralysis, and stole his brother's billions. At the Pub, there was Kate coming clean about her plot against Nicole. Conveniently, it's just too late for her to set things right. Then, over at the DiMansion, penniless Andre was peddling DiMera family unity and for the moment has garnered a wad of cash for his efforts. Will he now stuff a few bills into the St. Luke's poor box? :sarcasm: Finally, two additional comments. 1) Dario as TBD's manager: with his glowering looks and perpetual three-day beard, this guy will scare away the customers. 2) Deimos asking Chloe to tell him about "Parker's dad": Many Days viewers were probably thinking, "Please don't."

No one wants to hear about the tanned saint of Salem. Why don't they talk about Will? I miss Will. Where are all those memories? Sorry I know things aren't going to change on the show, but I always hope. The episode was decent. Except for the you know.

Speaking of that one.. interesting that Kate, Chloe and Nicole were involved with him
and now all three with someone new in town.. who's name starts with "D"

LOL, Kat, I thought the same thing....

Am only guessing now, but how can anyone mention Will? His mom has gone into hiding somewhere, his father is rarely seen, maybe once a month. His husband went to France, his grandparents are also rarely seen, but when they are, are too involved in something else. And Kate......well Kate never much thought of him when he was alive, so she probably barely remembers him now that he is dead.

Everyone supported Will when he came out, but does Kate come and baby sit? Does she call? Does she even visit? Does she ask about Sonny now? Does she check on Abby? Does she even get along with her own son, Lucas?

Who was the grandmother who really kept in contact with Will, even playing Word games on Facebook? Not Kate, of course.

See, I love Lucas, & his mother constantly interfered in his life. And I feel, if she could have stood a chance at it, she would have done the same with Will & Sonny. She certainly did it with Billie & Austin as well. Nope, Kate really cares nothing for her family's happiness, only that she control what they do, who they see, who they care about.

How are we to have any idea if she calls, or babysits or ask about Sonny? Do they show Marlena doing that? No. For that matter they don't even show Lucas doing that or mentioning Will. So does that mean Lucas doesn't or didn't care about Will? Does Roman not care either, because I don't see him doing any of the things you mentioned either.

Well, then, we have no idea what Marlena, Roman or Lucas do or say to their family, either, do we? What I remember is that Will & Marlena had a wonderful relationship, which is why he & Sonny wanted her to preside at their nuptials. I know Lucas & Adrienne baby sat, Marlena did, but can't say Kate did. Seems she only went there with a gift when the baby would be sleeping, but she actually wanted something from someone, or to find out information.

I don't like Kate to has become entirely too self-serving, & manipulative. Seems to me Lucas, and Marlena were the first to learn when Will came out, & were fine. Sami was not, when she first found out, but came around. I think for everyone else, Will was someone they loved..and they loved him. Period.

We know Marlena at least still has a relationship with Ari and Gabi because she was spending time with Ari in the park months ago when they were both kidnapped. I can't remember the last time Kate even uttered Ari's name and she was nowhere to be found no where to be found when Ari was missing (but to be fair, neither was Lucas).

Back