Days of Our Lives - Fri., June 26, 2015

Some truly laugh out loud segments too. Abe and Roman telling Serena that Salem PD was building a solid case against her.:rotfl: Like Salem PD knows what a solid case looks like.
Laugh out loud indeed. For starters, there was poor Abe suggesting that the Salem P.D. could cut Bluebird a deal if she talked. Sorry Abe, but avoiding customs duties by smuggling diamonds is a federal, not state or local offense. And bringing "blood" or "conflict" diamonds into the U.S. from Sub-Saharan Africa is a violation of the federal Clean Diamonds Trading Act of 2003. Thus, if anyone is going to offer Bluebird a deal it's going to be the local United States Attorney. As for having a strong case, perhaps you don't, Abe. If Xander has sold the diamonds, and he and Bluebird get lawyers and wisely clam up, there goes your best evidence. Another laugher was Abe threatening Ms. Mason with attempted murder charges, which is an absurdity because Xander's attempted murder of Nicole and Eric was not directly connected to the diamond smuggling plot. So, Abe, be happy with nailing Xander for attempted murder, which will be your first big arrest since the Salem P.D. busted the hapless Gabi for shooting Tricky Nicky.:clap:Get on over to the Pub for a celebratory beer with John and Roman.

LOL I wouldn't even say the SPD "busted" Gabi for Nick's murder so much as she confessed to it. I know Hope told Rafe that even without her confession they had a strong case against her. But what did they really have? As far as I could tell they had pictures of Gabi getting off the hospital elevator without Ari's diaper bag which had been seen with in the square. But is that a smoking gun? Unless everybody walked to the hospital she could have just said she left it in the car. I don't think those pictures alone would have been probable cause for a search warrant would they?

Because somebody had to say: "Gabi Hernandez, you're under arrest," the success-starved Salem P.D. would probably count this as a "bust." As for the Gabi search warrant, I no longer recall the circumstances that led to her arrest, but if Roman & Co. got a warrant, which was based on "she had a diaper bag and then she didn't," it sounds like one of those only in Salem moments. There are just too reasonable explanations for Gabi not having the bag after Tricky Nicky was shot. Perhaps, Roman said to the judge: "Please your honor, I've got a hunch on this one. Give me a break. Everyone is laughing at the Salem P.D., and we need a big arrest to shut them up."

All I remember about Gabi's arrest was her walking into the police station and confessing. I don't recall the cops saying they had evidence regardless, especially since the had already made another arrest in the case. As fans, many of us noted the diaper bag at the time but I don't recall the Salem PD discussing it.

As I recall the events leading up to Gabi's arrest went this way:

Hope and Abe were in her office discussing Will's confession which Hope was having a hard time buying. She said that she had been pouring over the case file and nothing had changed and that apparently was her moment of epiphany; because she grabbed the file, asked Abe to try to stall Will from signing anything for as long as he could and rushed out. She then showed up at the apartment just as Gabi was heading out.

Then we had the scenes of Gabi and Hope playing with Arianna and having rather a strange conversation; then heading to the police station where Gabi then confessed. Hope later told Aidan that when she went to the apartment she didn't know if Sonny or Gabi had done it just that she felt Will was covering for one of them. Then when she brought out the pictures Gabi broke immediately. *This of course was all off-screen.*

She later told Rafe that forensics had found powder burns from the gun in the diaper bag after she showed Rafe the photos. I got the impression that Gabi had voluntarily handed the bag over so I doubt there was a warrant.

I only brought up the warrant because Hope had told Rafe they had a case without the confession and the only thing I could of were those pictures from the hospitalsecurity cameras. Since they were all Hope mentioned I don't see how they would be enough for her to get a search warrant if she asked for one.

How do I remember all this some of you may be asking? What can I say I have the memory of an elephant. :)

Back