Days of Our Lives - Fri., Mar. 3, 2017

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Friday, March 3, 2017

Chad & Abby sit in the living room, talking over the donation DiMeras have given to the Read to your children event going on in Horton Square. Hope arrives, hugs for Abby, glad she is o.k., Tells the same to Chad, mentions the family wars just getting worse, etc. Bad enough the DiMera/Kiriakis were rivals, but now with Hernandez thrown into the mix, anything can happen.

Hope arrives at the cop shop with breakfast goodies for Rafe, sly references to "last night", smiles, a stolen kiss. Rafe makes reference to her being reinstated, just as Roman comes in, yep, she is back to being Detective Brady, hands her the badge & gun. She is about to take off for the file on Nicole taking Holly, Lt. Raines says she is confined to desk duty. She says only the Commissioner can do that. Ooops, Roman has not yet told her...he decided to retire, Raines is taking his place. Yes, Sir! Later, Roman has a nice long talk with Hope about why he decided to retire. No, it had nothing to do with him keeping quiet about her involvement with the Stefano "death". Well, maybe a tiny bit. But actually, it is Bo. Ever since Bo died, Roman has felt lost, not himself, he wants to find out who he is.....you name it, he uses the cliche'. He tells her how proud he is of her, of the work they all have done in Salem P.D. Hugs, light cheek kiss.

Kate is with Gabi in the square, looking over her business plan, thinks it is fabulous, will talk to Chad about perhaps investing. Nope, Gabi wants no investments, just Kate's opinion. Kate blathers on about Chad/Gabi, which Gabi disputes, tis over, he is committed to his marriage. Kate is advising her that the brain can tell you one thing, but to go after what the heart wants. Gabi spies her dad, tells Kate to follow her own advice & takes off. Eduardo now makes his plea to her, perhaps they both can forget whatever they were to do today, spend the time together, have some fun. Kate says she can't, he just says he will be at the club later, waiting for her.

She & Andre now show up at DiMansion, somehow having heard Hope had been there, are cautioning Chad & Abby against having Hope visit. The couple is very nice, very kind, but Hope is family, and is welcome there. Andre mentions "what would father say", Chad says he is gone, I head up the business, with Abby talking of this being their house, they will welcome who they choose, hope both Andre & Kate will continue to feel welcome. Chad now invites them both to move in, Andre accepts instantly, Kate is just a trifle hesitant, but accepts as it will be better for DiMera business. (So much for the Martin house, and this was all hogwash, in my opinion). He tells them of striking back at Deimos, who has already promised retaliation, and mentions the photos he saw in the safe, seemed to be some old things, antiquities, but he has to talk to Gabi, who may have gotten a better look.

On to the missing Nicole. Both Deimos & Brady are calling, leaving messages, desperate to find her. The two men get into a confrontation over who should find her, who is in love, Deimos calls her his fiance, Brady refuses that, she gave back the ring. Deimos feels Nik will be in more trouble, landing in jail now, he will do everything to get her off, Brady is sarcastic, mentioning Deimos bribing people. Oh, yes, he would, or he will find a place for her to be safe, blah, blah, blah, Brady says Deimos is the reason she lost her daughter to begin with, storms out. We see him in various places, asking friends if they have heard from her. Rafe at the cop shop, Maggie among others.

Meanwhile, Nicole left her hotel, is skulking around alleys, meeting up with a former informant when she was a reporter, who has managed to get her a room at Dew Drop Inn. (aside....that was the name of a place on The Walton's, lol) gives her the room key.She tells him she really needs a place to lay low, until she can get out of town, and no one will ever see her again.

In the room, Nicole gets panicked as Holly doesn't seem to want to take the bottle, although Nicole knows she has to be hungry. She calls Dr. Lee, makes up a story about Chloe being out of town, not having left any breast milk, she has tried giving formula, etc. Dr. Lee is obliging, he can take care of the problem.

At the square, the reading fair is going on, Ari spies Chad, runs up, he swoops her up, Gabi hurries up, going to take Ari back. But Chad wants to talk to her, Abby goes off with Ari, Chad asks about the photos, Gabi remembers a few, describes them. Abby is watching them, not too happy. She comes up, Chad has to make a little speech. He starts out, but then Ari runs up yelling, Chad, read to me, read to me. He scoops her up, someone brings a chair, and on the stage, sits with Ari on his lap, begins to read. Gabi has come along, is fussing over them, photographers snapping pictures, of Chad, Gabi & Ari, one little happy family. :sarcasm: Andre comes up behind Abby, goading her with his comments.

Brady has now come to the hospital, is going on about Nicole taking Holly, cops looking for her, etc. etc. Dr. Lee is at the nurses' station. His ears perk up.

Nicole is in the seedy hotel room, listening to a message from Deimos, she deletes it. She is telling Holly that Dr. Lee will be helping them, then worries that perhaps her phone could be traced. She spots a microwave on the counter, takes her phone, puts inside the microwave, and presses the button. Sizzling noises. Phone is fried.

Just a couple added notes. Brady also talks to Victor about being unable to find Nicole. Probably 20 second scene. Eduardo sits in the club, finishing a drink, looks around, Kate never showed up. He starts texting, or punching in a phone number, she comes in, sees him, changes her mind and leaves.

And.....Abby sits on the park bench where her statue used to be, flashes back to destroying it, Andre comes along, makes another snarky remark about how things are now.

And one last comment.........I just did not like the dress Abby was wearing.

Oh no! What is Roman going to do now?
Easy, he can now pursue a kiss full-time. On other subjects:

Desk-bound Hope: She got off easy. On the crime series Murdoch Mysteries a series regular, a Toronto police constable, was convicted of murder and later exonerated. He was allowed back, but was demoted and placed on probation. Anyway, desk duty might not be so bad -- Hope and Rafe can sit at their respective desks and make goo-goo eyes at each other all day.

Cleaning-up the DiMera image: The first thing Chad should do is keep Andre well out of sight. He might also provide Salem's eager young readers with a new children's book, the heavily-sanitized Child's Life of Stefano DiMera.

Fugitive Nicole: She really should have purchased a copy of Life on the Run for Dummies. It would have told her never to use her cell phone and to avoid prowling around back alleys with infants.

That is a good sum up. The show really concentrated a lot, with various people, mostly Brady, and the search for Nicole, plus her attempts to stay under the radar.

While I applaud Days for it's PSA on reading to your children scenes, and I really love Chad's interaction with Ari.........I have had more than enough of Gabi getting in Chad's face, claiming to others it is nothing, over, etc. while she is just ALWAYS there. Nothing jibes for me with Chad/Abby being so loving, great home life, and then Gabi showing up constantly, always getting in there.

Roman retiring, with no love interest or other reason to be on the canvas makes me think that he's going to go upstairs at the Brady Pub and we'll never see them again. And putting Raines in as the Commissioner isn't the way to get us interested in the goings-on at the Salem PD. Hope, Rafe, JJ, and Lani will just have uphill battles and never get anywhere with Raines in charge.

I certainly won't care about anything that goes on there - not that I was overly intrigued in the first place, but come on. Raines just makes me roll my eyes. He belongs on something like Chicago PD, not Days.

No, it had nothing to do with him keeping quiet about her involvement with the Stefano "death".
Too bad, that would actually make me like this slug of a slug again.
of the work they all have done in Salem P.D.
DBF, will you weigh in on this? LOL

I just can't with Gabi/Chad. It's stupid. And I'm tired of dorks on twitter telling me that soap couples need grist. This isn't believable grist. It's crappy writing.

Heck, Andre alone could provide enought "gris" for the couple - trying to wrest control of the business from Chad, doing underhanded, nasty stuff (as he did with kidnapping Sonny). Heck he was talking today again about sinking a couple of Kiriakis ships that were in the harbor!

Maybe Roman will work at the pub since we haven't Caroline in awhile. I haven't
seen anything about the actor leaving.

It's going to be interesting to see what Raines will do. Will the Salem PD finally
catch their man/woman? Will he split the partners that are also sleeping partners :)
I hope he does.. Rafe and Hope are annoying..

Since the DiMera living room is back, maybe Kate lost her entry way and she and
Andre have to move in the DiMera mansion.

At the end, Abby gave Gabi that look.. will Abby put Gabi in the freezer alone?

I'm all for Raines giving Hope hell for a while. No way should she be back on the force so easily.

REALLY nice to see Rafe and Nicole's friendship acknowledged. It's about time. I hope Rafe goes rogue and continues to help Brady on the sly. No Hope required.

Also nice continuity with Raines telling Hope and Rafe that JJ and Lani were already working on the kidnapping case. 2 months ago we would have seen Hope and Rafe working on it with no mention of JJ and Lani working on it the prior episode.

While I applaud Days for it's PSA on reading to your children scenes, and I really love Chad's interaction with Ari.........I have had more than enough of Gabi getting in Chad's face, claiming to others it is nothing, over, etc. while she is just ALWAYS there. Nothing jibes for me with Chad/Abby being so loving, great home life, and then Gabi showing up constantly, always getting in there.

And it also annoys me that she seems to be jealous of JJ and Lani at the same time. What exactly does she want?

Maybe Roman will work at the pub since we haven't Caroline in awhile. I haven't seen anything about the actor leaving.

I had the same thought about the Pub. I also really like seeing Roman with Eric so I need to see some scenes of them together. I would also really like to see him hook up with Kate again. Also, where was the buildup to the retirement? All so sudden.

Both John Aniston(Victor) and A Martinez(Ed) were on for 30 seconds today. These are recurring characters. The show paid them for these 30 second scenes? Stuff could have been edited but I don't really see where.

Back