Days of Our Lives - Fri. May 1, 2015

I was surprised to read a lot of the comments here. I actually enjoyed the show for the past week. I don't think the fetus napping storyline is the best Days have done, but it was considerably more interesting than some of the other current storylines (e.g. Eve/JJ/Paige and Daniel/Nicole).

Considering that most of the build up headwriters Gary Tomlin and Christopher Whitesell have put into their stories and then falling flat at the end, this is probably about the most we can expect for any story from them for the next few months. I liked Theresa and Brady interacting with their baby, and they both seemed awkward and uncertain around him, which seems natural as neither of them had a pregnancy to prepare for his birth.

Theresa seemed relieved that she was in fact pregnant last fall and now she has a baby to show for it. Yes, she acted horribly the last few months, but she did not understand why she was feeling a sense of loss. I don't expect her to become of goody two shoes by becoming a mother, but she seems protective of him already.

I loved it when she gave the baby to Marlena to hold, so Marlena had some bonding time with him (I just wish Brady had done that), and no one prompted her when she thanked the toddler for figuring out what happened to him. Speaking of Melanie, you can tell she's a little jealous of all the attention Brady's giving the new baby, as well as Theresa.

The casting did a good job picking out that baby. He's fussy and whiny a lot, which would fit with a baby who is ill. He's also such a cutie pie.

Back in Salem, I enjoyed Chad and Stefano grieving together over Kristen. After losing EJ, it probably was a shock to both of them to losing Kristen. I sure hope they do find a way to bring Stefano back to town. Phone calls with him are just not cutting it.

I liked seeing Nicole with Eric. After seeing the way Daniel treats her, I would rather see her with Eric, after he crawls around begging for forgiveness for awhile. I liked Xander at first but he's a bad seed and even terrifies Serena. I don't want Nicole with someone who maybe as abusive as EJ was.

Caroline and Will were not necessary today. Couldn't they have been in the next episode. Maybe we would have seen the phone conversation between Eric and Marlena. How come we had to see Melanie on screen calling Daniel and Maggie? Here Marlena saved the day, but she doesn't get enough screentime after that.

So the Italian officials still haven't recovered Kristen's body! Hum, no surprise there. However given the tearful reaction of Stefano as he tells Chad of the sad news, I'm wondering if she really is dead. I'll bet Dr. Mandrake made a quick recovery and swiftly carted her body away so she can be put back together again to live another day and create havoc for poppa Brady and momma Theresa. Oh poor little baby whats-his-name.

P.S. Just want to add that even though we love to hate Theresa, Jen Lilley is a terrific actress. I just hope she mellows and loses the snarky attitude as it is a lot over the top most times. Can't wait to see Anne Milbauer's reaction to the news.

I may have to watch this one again online. We had a news break for about 10 min so I missed Marlena holding the baby. But I agree that Brady should have given him to her.

Jen67, I agree with everything you said about Jeannie T however, she has been awful since she came to Salem. It had nothing to do with her feeling a loss. I hope we some character development now but I also doubt that we will. These writers like one note characters with no development or redemption.

heather, if you go online, that newbreak stuff you missed will begin about the 10 minute mark on a 36 minute full episode clip.
And I do agree that Theresa has had an "attitude" since she arrived in Salem. She has been snotty, ungrateful, to everyone.....even to Anne who befriended her. And definitely on the prowl for anyone with some money. So......that "sense of loss" to me was just done in the story so Melanie would see/overhear, and get involved.

It's terrible that I'm so uninterested in the storylines that my biggest question is "What happened to Brady's pilot?". I think perhaps the Italian cops kept the plane as collateral for allowing the Salemites to leave, but nothing was said about the pilot having a seat on the flight back. Perhaps he's in an Italian psychiatric hospital after having to deal with Melanie??

Thanks Poirot. The break was about 20 min in for me. I saw the scene with Marlena and the baby. I think it was more Jeannie T being nervous than anything. She didn't even say "Here is your grandma" or anything like that. It may have been implied but I would have liked to have heard it. There should have been a scene with Marlena, Brady and the baby. In rewatching the castle scenes, Marlena was constantly in the background because of Melanie's awkward and unnecessary placement in this storyline.

Also, Abigail was just as oddly inserted into this episode as Will and Caroline.

Xander has nice 6-pack abs. So does Ben. But Serena's dress is again too tight as is Eric's sweater.

I think the Days laundry department uses too much heat when they dry.

... [Jeannie T] has been awful since she came to Salem. It had nothing to do with her feeling a loss. ...
This is my major quarrel with the story as well. She "felt a loss" and seemed sad 5 or 6 times, among scores of incidents of pure vile being spewed from every orifice in her head, and without ever knowing she was really pregnant, "instantly" "connects" with her son. Not gonna buy it.

It would be super easy for the new writers to say the Italian cops were paid off to fake DNA tests and let the drunk and the twit (you pick who's who in that scenario, LOL) take the child back to Salem. Anything's possible and doesn't even require insulting our intelligence with telling us to "just forget" what we've seen.

Edited to add...just imagine the emotional toll that would take. You've been told by authorities and a dumb nurse that the baby is yours. You take him home to Salem and raise him, love him for 6-8 months; then some Italian lady shows up claiming Kristen DiMera stole her child and "Christopher Donovan Black" is really her son. Sure, it's been done on Days before, but it rarely disappoints and really allows actors to delve into their characters. My opinion only.

LOL, It is like Drake Hogestyn (John) who said in an interview about the fact John turns out to be Paul's father........The timeline does not match anything at all, so you just have to go with it.
So, the same goes here.....don't try to make sense, just go with whatever they throw on the screen. LOL

I would love it if in the long run, the baby turned out to NOT belong to Brady and Jeannie T. That or have them decide to let an offscreen family adopt him. It's been done before with Philip's son Tyler.

I agree that Theresa was her usual nasty self to the police and the government official. However, as soon as the baby was brought to her, her whole attitude changed and she seemed so happy to be with the baby. Theresa will probably never win mother of the year award, but I do believe she will love this baby because it is hers. Remember, Kate, Sami, and Eve are also horrible people who have done nasty things, but they are all mothers and love their kids, even if that love is not healthy (as it is with Kate/Lucas and Eve/Paige).

I agree that Jeannie T will likely be a good mother. But we've already seen signs of her trying to use the baby for her personal gain with private jet comment and I believe she made another comment about Brady's money as well. I think she will no doubt use the baby to try to get Brady back. It's going to be Sami, Will and Austin 2.0.

I'm on the fence about whether Kate "loves" her children, especially after she just threw Lucas under the bus.

Some of Salem's parents THINK they love their children, but their ideas of what is best for their children are actually very self serving. These parents talk of "protecting" their children, but it is really not the case. It is themselves who benefit by whatever it is. And sure, Eve, Kate, Jennifer, Stefano, Daniel, Sami, Will......they all do the same thing. Luckily Salem has plenty of readily available nannies, baby sitters, etc.

Back