Days of Our Lives - Fri., May 15, 2015

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Friday, May 15, 2015

Replay of Stefano's goons taking Marlena to the window, her struggling and pleading with Stefano, who looks on expectantly. He asks her if that is how Kristen pleaded for her life before Marlena sent her out the window. Abe is getting Chad to phone Stefano, and get him to spare Marlena. Roman comes into the study, Abe tells him Chad cannot get through, they ask Chad to try again, then go to "toss" Stefano's room, maybe it will give them a clue. Chad debates a few seconds, then sends a text saying "emergency". Finally Stefano answers the phone, Marlena screams for help, Carson covers her mouth, Stefano claims he is watching TV, which is now muted. And the "Spectator Award" today goes to Billy Flynn as Chad DiMera, as he pleads with Stefano to spare Marlena. Stefano, of course, denies she is there, but Chad persists. Good dialogue, as Chad tell Stefano all that Kristen did. Stefano refuses to believe him, no, Kristen did not.

But Chad is telling him how Stefano feels family is so important, that he is the last one left....naming Lexie, EJ, Kristen all dead, and if Stefano goes through with this, Chad will be dead to Stefano as well, because Chad will no longer be his son. He has related how Kristen stole the baby, held the others prisoner, intending to kill them. How Kristen was willing to take this baby away it's family, and kill it's parents. Stefano is appalled at what Chad is saying, mostly about no longer being his son, they end the call, with Chad telling Stefano he wants to see Marlena alive and well in Salem.

Stefano tells the goons to let her go. Abe & Roman ask Chad if he got through to him. Chad doesn't know, the two men leave. Chad looks sad, has to get out of this house.

Abby sees Ben Weston on her caller I.D. and is surprised, just as Ben comes up to her in the park, she asks about the name, he tells her he decided to go back to his birth name, she wonders why he had not told her. He says Weston is a better name than DiMera, she asks if he is going to throw EJ up to her every time they have an argument. She thinks they should talk later, before either says something they might regret. Ben leaves.

Xander tells Serena to leave his apt., she opens the door to find Nicole about to knock. They are back to sniping at each other about Daniel, Eric, and then Xander, who comes out of the bedroom, asking why Serena isn't gone. She quickly leaves. Xander lets Nicole know she should have called first, he doesn't like people just dropping by. But soon they are comfy cozy talking, ordering champagne, she is agreeing to be discreet about them seeing each other, suggests she take his picture with his phone, and put her number under it. He agrees, she takes a few snaps, then fakes stumbling or something, needs ice, he goes out to get it, and she proceeds to go thru his phone calls or contacts....finally finding something that surprises her.... a picture of that dang elephant.

Serena has gotten a text from Daniel, who is asking her about Xander, she is avoiding any answering, he is prodding a bit, she is evading, then finally tells him that if he wants to know about Xander, just ask Nicole, who is with him right now.

Earlier, at his apartment, Melanie comes in with a gift bag, has been shopping for the baby. Dan says all went well with the transplant, she should go to the hospital. She is making excuses, giving Brady & Theresa space, but Daniel knows Brady would want her there, want to share, etc. Tells her to think about it, leaves.

Theresa wakes up, is all smiles, baby is fine, is right there in the room, Brady points out. She is happy she could do this for her little boy, asks him to stay with her until they let her hold the baby. He agrees.

Later, at the hospital, Brady is talking to Daniel when Melanie does show up. Hugs, and he takes her in to see the baby and Theresa. Theresa smiles, thanks her again, then wants Melanie to be the first to know. She & Brady were talking, and if the baby had been a girl, would have named her Melanie, but that would not go over for a boy. So she & Brady talked, and decided to name the baby Tate, which means cheerful and happiness, and it is to honor Melanie, who brought cheer & happiness to them all. She is touched.

Brady makes a date with Melanie for later that night, she leaves.

On a plane, Stefano sits with Marlena, asking her if she remembers the last time they were on a plane together. Another flashback of young Marlena, saying "Rachel", as she pulls a covering off off someone laying there, and it is Stefano. In the present, Stefano smiles, tells Marlena that right now he would like her broken and twisted body to be lying at the bottom of that cliff for the coyotes. What did Chad say to you, asks Marlena. Stefano won't say, only that Marlena owes her life to his son.

Abby is in the park, Chad has come up, she says he looks upset. He says he is tired of being upset, that she was right when she left the other night. (Ben is eavesdropping). Chad goes on...if you are smart, you will stay far away from me. You deserve so much better. He strokes her cheek, goes off. Abby is on the verge of tears.

Brady kisses Mel, will see her later as she gets on the elevator. The doors close, he takes a velvet bag from his pocket, pulls out a diamond engagement ring, stares at it, smiling.

In her room, Theresa is wearing a gown, gloves, hair covering and facial mask as she holds and rocks her baby. She tells him that Daddy will be back soon, and when they leave the hospital, you & I will never ever be separated from him again. Not for a single night.

Abby sees Ben Weston on her caller I.D. and is surprised, just as Ben comes up to her in the park, she asks about the name, he tells her he decided to go back to his birth name, she wonders why he had not told her.
Even though Ben changed his last name to Weston, wouldn't it still come up as Ben Rogers on Abby's phone since that's how Abby would've programmed it when she saved his number? Guess we're not supposed to think about that.

gotta tell ya, surprised me. But guess it was a call or message from him, and he changed his name on his phone.

But even though he changed it on his phone, it would still read "Ben Rogers" on Abby's phone when he called or texted her, because that's how she programmed it. She'd have to edit it in her phone to change Rogers to Weston.

If you called me (on my cell) and I saved your number on my phone as something like "Queen Poirot of the Spectatorshire", that's what it would show every time you called until I physically changed it. (even though you may have programmed your own cell phone to say "Barb")

To my knowledge, they've not yet come up with (or released) the technology in which your name automatically comes up with your cell phone number (on another cell phone). I believe all that shows up is the number (unless you've previously saved that person's number/name to your phone, then it displays whatever name you saved the number to).

Thanks for the summary. I can do without the Serena stuff, Melanie, or Daniel.
Was really glad to see Marlena being saved by Chad. Fantastic acting (I saw clips)! The storyline ended in a nice way; I also liked the Chad-Abby-Ben stuff. I feel so bad for Chad.

Did anyone else think that naming the baby Tate in honor of Melanie was a bit far-fetched? Sorry, but that bit was ridiculous. It is nice to see the baby and happy family...for now. Theresa no doubt will ruin it with yet another of her harebrained schemes. But at least she will have broken up Brady and the toddler (hopefully).

I can see that also, JS. But to make such a big deal about it the way Theresa did seemed really contrived and odd. You would have thought that she and Brady talked it over and had decided to make her the baby's Godmother the way she was acting. Instead, it was "oh, we are giving the baby this random name that means 'happy' because you made us happy by finding him for us". That was silly.

I loved Chad today. He really breaks my heart lately. I don't really want to see him with Abby, but if that would make him happy I would swallow my ire over it. At least for a little while. :rolleyes:

I loved Chad today.
Yes, Chad was really on his game, making up for all his past misdeeds, including the Mia pregnancy, beating up Tricky-Nicky, disrupting the Gabi-Nick nuptials, and his fake-brain-tumor ploy. Once the word gets out about how he saved Doc Evans, how could Abigail or any other local young lady resist him? It was fortunate for Marlena that Stefano's two feeble flunkies were unable to immediately pick her up and toss her into eternity. That said, going forward, the Phoenix really should insist that his thugs get into better shape. Finally, Bluebird was really flashing her cleavage today in the Love Doctor's office. Only the fact that she was wearing a blue dress, not a hospital gown, saved her from being introduced to his repertoire of amorous advances.

Would it not be a stitch if Theresa never filed those Vegas divorce papers???

I really thought Chad was outstanding today. He really laid into Stefano......and it truly is hard to believe that the almightly Stefano did not know exactly what transpired when Kristen went out the window. He did not know about the baby?? Or that Brady, Melanie & Theresa were there??? Or even WHY Marlena was there??? Sure, he did not care about anything, except that Marlena was responsible in his mind.
Stefano is slipping, for sure. That castle is obviously owned by him. So...he did not question the security staff. The cop he probably has working there, his mole. No one??? He got a call that Kristen was dead, but asked no questions, just went there.
These writers really slip up all the time, don't they?

What crack are the writers smoking?
TATE
Meaning & History
From an English surname which was derived from the Old English given name Tata, of unknown origin.

http://www.behindthename.com/name/tate

I hereby name you Tatas Black. If you are anything like Daddy you'll be into them, that's for sure.

IF Abby has an iPhone and IF Ben sent her the contact info file thing and IF she accepted it as a contact then yes, it'd update somewhat automatically. I have a dorky photo of a friend's husband as the profile in my phone purely because my friend sent me the contact file thingy from her phone, and that's how she has it set up.

Just remembered, (cannot believe I forgot this, but....) In Poplar Bluff, Jeremiah has just taken Will on a tour of the town, back to the cafe, then he tells Will that seeing the town is not going to tell him anything about Clyde Weston. He then calls Clyde an SOB, says he was a drunk, abused his kids, and his wife, they all went thru hell. And what Clyde did affected a lot of people in town, you should talk to them. (Is this a set up?) He leaves, but Will says to himself, no, I can't, I can't as he looks at a picture of Sonny & Ari.

Back