Days of Our Lives - Fri., May 15, 2015

I totally agree that Billy Flynn (Chad) has been excellent over the past couple of days. I would go so far as to say that his performances were the highlight of the week and I can definitely see a "Performer of the week" column in Soap Opera Digest in his future. :)

However I would have to say that the word of the day was definitely Contrivance. Such as in the Abigail/Ben fight today. I could understand her being mildly surprised that he had changed his name so fast but since they aren't married and she hadn't changed her name to Rogers it affected her adversely how exactly? It was just an excuse for him to stalk off and then see her with Chad. It was very clumsy in my so very humble opinion.

Serena has her money. Xander has his diamonds. So the reason why she is stupidly playing mind games with him now is what? She wants him to leave her and Eric alone and the way she wants to achieve that is to get in his face and annoy him? I'm totally at a loss here to even begin to understand this and the fact that I really don't care that much makes it all the more annoying. What a waste.

I'm curious how is Brady and Theresa naming the baby Tate honoring Melanie? I know she had a miscarriage was she thinking of naming that baby Tate? I feel like I missed something there.

I'm curious how is Brady and Theresa naming the baby Tate honoring Melanie? I know she had a miscarriage was she thinking of naming that baby Tate? I feel like I missed something there.
Theresa said had the baby been a girl, they'd have named her Melanie. And they didn't want to name him Melvin. Then Brady said that since Kristen had named him Christopher, they wanted the baby to have his own name, not named for anyone. Theresa said the name meant happiness and cheerful. And due to Melanie bringing him into their lives, they were cheerful and full of happiness, so they were naming him Tate in honor of her (for bringing the happiness and cheer into their lives).

I did hear Theresa say all that stuff about happiness and light but it just sounded like so much malarky it just didn't click :).

So I agree that Jen Lilley (Theresa) definitely deserves props for getting through it without busting a gut.

That was the dumbest explanation for naming a baby I've ever heard. It made absolutely no sense at all. I need to come up with an alternate name for him because I do not like the name Tate.

I enjoyed the Stefano/Marlena flashbacks the past two days but the story was somewhat ridiculous. So he kidnaps her for a few hours, threatens to kill her, then gets a call from his son which stops him, and then accompanies her back to Salem? What? So this will be two visits to that castle whereby Marlena has been in grave danger and John is going to find out about it as an afterthought. Is it August yet?

So Nicole now knows that Xander is involved somehow in the elephant heist. What did I say two sentences ago? Yeah, same sentiment here.

I feel the need to comment on some hair/wardrobe. Nicole's hair looked fantastic today. The dress, however, was atrocious. Abigail from head to toe looked like she woke up in a box and grabbed whatever was within reach and put it on. Was that a shirt dress? Whatever it was, it was very unbecoming and just...no. And the hair....no words. :drunk:

If Brady and Theresa wanted to honor Melanie for her role in getting their son back why didn't they just give him the middle name Jonas? And picked a better first name. Also I swear that baby was looking at Theresa at one point like "get a grip Mommy."

Chad was the episode's MVP. I like his struggle with being a Dimera but not wanting to act like one.

I missed yesterday's episode but what the heck was Abby wearing.

Also did Serena raid Anne's wrap dress collection.

Can someone in Popular Bluff toss Will into the middle of a field and let the buzzards have at it.

However I would would have to say that the word of the day was definitely Contrivance. Such as in the Abigail/Ben fight today. I could understand her being mildly surprised that he had changed his name so fast but since they aren't married and she hadn't changed her name to Rogers it affected her adversely how exactly? It was just an excuse for him to stalk off and then see her with Chad. It was very clumsy in my so very humble opinion.

Serena has her money. Xander has his diamonds. So the reason why she is now stupidly playing mind games with him now is what? She wants him to leave her and Eric alone and the way she wants to achieve that is to get in his face and annoy him? I'm totally at a loss here to even begin to understand this and the fact that I really don't care that much makes it all the more annoying. What a waste.

I enjoyed the Stefano/Marlena flashbacks the past two days but the story was somewhat ridiculous. So he kidnaps her for a few hours, threatens to kill her, then gets a call from his son which stops him, and then accompanies her back to Salem? What? So this will be two visits to that castle whereby Marlena has been in grave danger and John is going to find out about it as an afterthought. Is it August yet?

You 2 just saved me 5 minutes. My sentiments exactly on all counts!

Yesterday I thought Abigail was wearing a long shirt with funky leggings. Today it looked like a shirtdress with fishnet tights. :rolleyes:

Serena and Nicole's dresses were way too tight and showed way too much cleavage for work.

Chad's dialogue today was fantastic as was Billy Flynn's portrayal of Chad.

ETA: I am ok with Tate. Very soapy. But Tate Black is just ridiculous.

I am still trying to wrap my head around "Tate". I'd actually prefer Melvin. Melton. Meldon. Melancholy. Mel-adjusted is what the poor kid will be anyhow. (See what I did there?)

I wish it were actually funny, I wish I could really be happy for this kid. But again, this whole story line is so far-fetched. I know that people like Brady and Theresa become parents all the time, but I don't like the chances of this kid, and I don't like the writers thinking we are all this dumb. Hopefully, redemption is coming.

I guess I can see why they wanted to name the baby in her honor. After all, if it weren't for Melanie being so persistent, they wouldn't have him.

Oh I understand that too...I just mean that Tate sounds nothing like Melanie, no closeness to the resemblance of the name. Would've made more sense if they named him something closer, like Mason, Matthew, something at least a bit closer.

They explained why they picked the name. Had it been a girl, they'd have named her Melanie. Then Brady said since Kristen named him Christopher (presumably after herself), they wanted him to have his own name, not named for anyone. Then they did that bit about how Tate means cheerful and happiness and that since Melanie brought him to them and they are cheerful and full of happiness, they were naming him Tate in honor of her.

I enjoyed Chad today talking to Stefano. He saved Marlena and he didn't have
to use violence to do it.

Baby's new name Tate doesn't make sense if it's supposed to honor Melanie.
Only in Salem, right? Maybe the hospital bassinet is special and it
keeps germs from going in it LOL

We saw Fred the elephant today. It's been awhile.

I wondered about Abby's phone too since Ben's last name was changed.
Unless Ben had access to her phone, the last name shouldn't have changed.
Maybe Salem's smartphones are smarter than people :)

At the end it was interesting because Ben was in the bushes peeping after
he told Abby he was taking Weston as his last name. Like Father, Like Son

Back