Days of Our Lives - Fri., May 15, 2015

Nicole's dress is foul. I thought it was a top and it wasn't so bad then, but when I saw it was a dress with a zipper down to her bits I changed my mind. Who would really wear that to work? Maybe out for drinks or to a club or something, but that's so far from work appropriate attire!

I'm sorry but I don't buy for one second that Theresa would have named her would-be daughter after Melanie. No way no how. I really would have liked a scene or two of Brady and Theresa discussing the name instead of the tripe we got today.

I can just see Theresa telling Brady that it was too bad the baby wasn't a girl so they could've named her Melanie. Brady would've eaten that up with a spoon, while Theresa had that "cat-who-ate-the-canary" grin, knowing he was totally buying her new "I now love Melanie Jonas" routine.

IF Abby has an iPhone and IF Ben sent her the contact info file thing and IF she accepted it as a contact then yes, it'd update somewhat automatically. I have a dorky photo of a friend's husband as the profile in my phone purely because my friend sent me the contact file thingy from her phone, and that's how she has it set up.

I get automatic updates on my iPhone because it syncs with both my Google Contacts and with Facebook. So if Ben had updated either of those accounts and his cell phone number was tied to them, it's plausible the new name would pop up on the caller ID.

As for the hospital, ridiculous that they weren't in ICU or at the very least that the baby wasn't in an incubated crib. No way no how. But I guess Daniel having an office was more important than a 2nd hospital room.

I have to say Chad OWNED this entire episode......out of all his children other then maybe Lexie, he twisted Stefano's arm enough to get him to listen and not dominate. I was highly impressed and I am sure now Chad has clearly made a redemption saving Marlena's life.

That was pretty clever of Clyde having Jeremiah say the truth about Clyde's past as a violent abusive drunk who caused fear in people. Will has NOTHING to write about now......it would ruin the article to expose Clyde as a bad person then the hero who donated all that money to the hospital. I think Will is slightly scared now himself.

Even as a gay man YOWZA I can notice Serena can fill out a tight dress. Other then Nadia Bjorlin (Chloe), Melissa Archer (Serena) sure has a nice body and is quite well endowed in the bosom area. If I were a straight man I'd only watch her scenes for not the acting LOL! :)

Though yes realistically Serena dresses to revealing for the type of job she does, every scene she looks like she is going to the club when she works for the hospital. Nicole has a excuse at least to dress flashy and clubby attire since she is on TV and a news reporter so that would fit the job more.

For the first time this week, I really liked Billy Flynn's portrayal of Chad. I loved how he got through to Stefano over the phone and managed to stop him from having Marlena killed. Although I think the actual kidnapping was a letdown and at the very least, John should have been aware that Marlena was in danger.

Abby fighting with Ben over his name was just stupid and is only going to be used so she can turn to Chad. The girl needs to admit to herself that she likes Chad, let Ben go, so she can go be with Chad, but typically with these writers, she's probably going to cheat on Ben and then be filled with guilt and try to hide it from him.

I agree with others that the reasoning behind naming the baby Tate was extremely lame. It did not make much sense that the baby was in the room with Brady, Theresa, and Melanie, and everyone else before the surgery, but at the end Theresa was in a hospital gown, mask, and gloves while she held him. If they had not done that before, why start now? These writers...

I wonder if what Jeremiah told Will was what Clyde wanted him to tell Will. However, it worked as Will was trying to leave Poplar Bluff in a hurry.

I didn't think the Abby/Ben argument was that far fetched - but all she really needed to do was cite Jordan's feelings. She and Jordan were friends, so it would have made sense to me if Abby said something like "Have you told Jordan? Aren't you worried about hurting her feelings?" or something like that.

She did ask him if he told Jordan yet. He had not, was going to do so. I can certainly see why he would be putting it off. It is truly a shame that Ben is so easily swallowing all the malarky that Clyde is dishing out to him, is not in the least suspicious.
It shows the difference between him & Chad, who knows full well what his father has done, can do, etc. But Ben is closing his mind to it all. His eyes, too. But then, Salemites have a really bad habit of not telling all they know. Marlena just did it when she told Chad about Kristen's death, but left out tons of details. She did the same when talking to Stefano, before the goons came to throw her out the window.

I thought Rafe was the one who asked Ben if he had told Jordan? In either case, isn't Chad the only person that knows the truth about Jordan being abused by Clyde? Sure characters know Jordan hates Clyde but I don't recall her ever telling Rafe or Abigail the full story.

...It was fortunate for Marlena that Stefano's two feeble flunkies were unable to immediately pick her up and toss her into eternity. That said, going forward, the Phoenix really should insist that his thugs get into better shape....

:rotfl: I imagine the Phoenix doesn't have a great health benefits plan, given the way he treats his flunkies!! LOL - two thugs couldn't take down a 60+ great grandma? Oy!!

...He then calls Clyde an SOB, says he was a drunk, abused his kids, and his wife, they all went thru hell. And what Clyde did affected a lot of people in town, you should talk to them. ...

Not really, he's too dumb to be set up. They're telling him the horrible truth, knowing he won't print it. Nice touch, took me aback!!

Tate is LAME. I suggest Jonas Walker Black, to honour the two women who led to his discovery. Make Nicole his godmother.

Brady, get engaged to Melanie so she can die, please. LOL

If Abigail is all pure about names, shouldn't she insist Chad go back to Peterson-Woods? :confused: I agree with Troy42, what a contrivance!!

To tell the truth, when Jeannie T was rambling on and on about the name, if it had been a girl, blah, blah, I thought they were going to say Jonathan, or really, better, Jonah. After getting shocked at the Tate decision and reasons.....I realized that since Theresa has such an aversion to Daniel, she would never have agreed to anything resembling the last name Jonas. And I do not think Theresa or Brady knows of the help Nicole gave to Melanie in re: the Mandrake name.

And I know darn well, the viewers could come up with tons of names with no connection to any character on Days, that would have a good meaning. I know any named that begin with ED mean happy or joyful. Noah is a nice name. Riley.

So Theresa is acting grateful and humble again yet everyone is still judging her on her past or possible future actions. I am sure the naming of her newborn baby had more to do with her appreciation of having him in her life than her possible future manipulations of the baby's father.

Theresa might still have feelings for Brady but she definitely understood it was over when things had ended between them. So what if she might want to get back together as a family in the future, that does not mean she is not genuine in her appreciation for what Melanie has a done for her now. So she named the baby a (stupid) name in honor of that appreciation for Melanie's actions. Good for her.

I just do not think Theresa is being sincere at all. She said as much to Eve, who knows full well Theresa is up to something, and told her so.
While she may be thankful that she has her baby. she is out to oust Melanie from Brady's life, to snag Brady for herself, and use the baby to do it. She really is a great manipulator.

Sincere or not, she was hardly going to choose a name she didn't like just to manipulate a situation. Her baby has to live with it forever. So she must legitimately like the name Tate. My guess is she's spun a bunch of bull about the meaning to make the name fit the situation, rather than going with Melvin/Jonah/Whatever which she didn't actually like as a name.

Probably, but I did look up Tate and it does mean happy, LOL. And the thing is, for some reason, she did not like her own first name, which is rather pretty, so instead prefers to be called by her middle name.

Kids in school love to make funny names out of anyone's name, and if they cannot do it to the first name, they pick on the last one.

Back