Days of Our Lives -Fri., May 26, 2017

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Friday, May 26, 2017

Bet I will not be the only one doing a lot of eyerolling today.I could probably summarize the show in about 3 sentences, but what the heck. Evidently the Salem group aboard the plane have crashed on some little tiny island, which could be in the Atlantic, Aegean, Mediterranean or who knows. Sonny has no idea, knows he was lost, did not have time to give out a distress call, (MayDay) and because the plane hit a rock when crash landing,, the engine caught fire, radios burned, blah, blah.

But hey, some sort of Survival kit stayed intact, they have fire starters, rechargeable flashlight (does it recharge by itself?), bottles of water, and later, we learn, even some blankets. JJ & Lani go off to get wood, managing to return with perfectly formed/sized branches. Paul went back to plane to recover the satellite phone, but tis broke. Angry Gabi goes off somewhere, Chad follows, silly argument, they return. Lani hears noises of birds & insects, and supposedly is scared, city girl. They sit around campfire, toast water bottles, to the end of Deimos. Later, Sonny brings the blankets, but not enough for each person, so they have to share. Yep, they all couple up, except Eli, who gets one all to himself. By the way, Chad tells the upset Gabi he threw the amulet & it's curse in the ocean to ease her mind. And of course, he did not, when alone, he retrieves it from under some plant where he hid it, puts it back in his pocket.

Hope brings Deimos into the P.D. He is very cocky,. sure he is going to be released. She has a private welcome back nuzzle session with Rafe, then does her best to try and intimidate the grinning Deimos, assuring Rafe they have a witness, hard evidence, and Guy's signed statement will soon be here by fax. She tries to call JJ to no avail, figured they should be back, but just figured a delay. Abby uses a short time period alone to tell Deimos off, hope he rots in hell for all he did to her, Chad & Gabi, and everyone else in Salem. Deimos just keeps grinning.

Theo & Claire return to the apartment, see Ciara's luggage out. She has packed up, is leaving, going to spend the summer in Hong Kong with Shawn & Belle. (and no mention of them being Claire's parents). Her plane leaves in 2 hours, she has to see her mom, Wyatt arrives, Claire & Theo go for ice cream, Wyatt tries to wiggle out of his lying to her, but Ciara is having none of it. She tells him to get lost, leave, don't try to contact her, call, text, nothing.

Theo meanwhile, over ice cream, finally tells Claire that Ciara cannot be around him, because she is in love with him, but he is in love with Claire. She panics for a minute, but Theo doesn't mention the missing letter. Claire decides she has to go tell Ciara goodbye, leaves Theo. At the loft, she & Ciara have a nice conversation, will miss each other, hug, say I love you, (and Claire never says to give her parents a hug). When Ciara leaves, Claire texts Theo that he has to say goodbe to Ciara in person.

Ciara goes to the cop shop, wants to talk to Hope elsewhere, evidently tells her all, and about going to Hong Kong. From all the talk, Ciara is to be back for the fall semester, tho Hope talks about her being gone 6 weeks. They are at the Pub, Hope goes to get the car to go to the airport, telling Ciara to wait for the takeout. Theo shows up, apologizes again to Ciara, never meant to hurt her, will miss her, etc. Hope returns, time to go. They leave. Theo looks a bit lost.

At the cop shop, Rafe is on the phone , evidently with Greek authorities, cannot believe what he is hearing, gets upset. Abby asks what is wrong, seems the guy, GUY, who was to give a statement and evidence is dead. They never got the statement from him signed. Nothing to hold Deimos on now. He looks thru the window at Deimos in the interrogation room. Deimos is grinning ear to ear.

Evidently the Salem group aboard the plane have crashed on some little tiny island, which could be in the Atlantic, Aegean, Mediterranean or who knows. Sonny has no idea, knows he was lost

That's what Salemites get when they take those quickie courses on how to fly a jet, lol. I would think knowing how to navigate should be a top priority!

rechargeable flashlight (does it recharge by itself?)

:rotfl::rotfl:

@Finchelcaine......Guess they don't have a "smashed up plane" set......so our little group is in this magical clearing. I thought the same thing...if Paul could go back to the plane for the phone, and Sonny can retrieve a fully packed survival kit, while Eli managed to have raided the snack machine before they left, plus really clean blankets, despite the comment that the smoke had done something or other on the plane.........why not sleep on the plane.

Wonder if that plane is called The Minnow perhaps.......LOLOL (referencing Gilligan's Island)

So what do we have........2 cops, an FBI agent, a private investigator, 2 millionaires/billionaires, and a stowaway, wannabe stewardess, who is absolutely useless, and likes throwing hissy fits.

I think Paul or Sonny said that the cabin had smoke damage? I don't know.

Oh look - Chad and Gabi are in another situation and he is being super annoying, like he can't leave her alone. I really liked Gabi and Eli together. Chad is becoming insufferable, he was one of my favs!

Good think Hope got back in time just for Ciara to tell her that she's leaving!

If Ciara told Theo how she felt, does the letter she wrote even matter anymore? I know, I don't hate Claire - and I don't want her with a guy who is thinking about another girl.

I knew Guy would end up missing or dead - catching Deimos was too easy!

here is what puzzles me. Why doesn't Abby file charges against Deimos? Same for Gabi & Chad? O.K. Chad & Gabi have no hard proof they were put in the meat locker by Deimos.........but when all 3 were in that room, with the poison dripping into the girl's veins......it was Deimos who came in, taunting, and giving the antidote, which Chad divided between the two.

That is kidnapping and attempted murder. They were witnesses, 3 of them against one man's denial. Just don't get it.

Did Deimos come in? I thought he was only on the phone with the voice-changing program and he told Chad the vial was behind the box or something? Or his goon handed the box with the antidote to Chad. I don't remember Deimos being in the room with them.

A few questions about the current doings.

Why are people so anxious to confront and berate Deimos? He always stays calm, tells lies with a straight face, and smirks.

Why did Rafe and friends ever think that they had a case against Deimos? The X-man certainly wouldn't have talked and if Guy had survived long enough to get into court, he would have been a cross-examiner's dream with his long criminal record and the fact that he'd have been testifying because he was threatened by law enforcement.

How will Victor react to "Big Boy" Sonny crashing the Kiriakis jet? After all, this is a bit of a bigger deal than putting a dent in the family car.

Why wasn't the Kiriakis jet equipped with tents just like the Black jet that crashed in the deep, dark forests of Greenland? If it had, the happy castaways could have gotten frisky just like the survivors of the Greenland crash.

Why is Gabi so obsessed with curses? If she really believes in this sort of thing, she ought to get something to ward off the evil eye. After all, in Salem, there's always somebody trying to give people the evil eye.

Is Sonny really so incompetent that he had no idea where he was before he attempted his sorry excuse for a forced landing? Who knows, maybe the plane went down in Salem Park or the Forest Preserve and everyone is only minutes away from the Pub or Club TBD. (Imagine if Percy (and his bird-watching binoculars) popped out from behind a bush and said, "Greetings!")

Chad's plane is still grounded so he hitches a ride on Sonny's. Of course Gabi is there, too. Plane crashes on deserted island. No time to make a mayday distress call. Have to share blankets. Guy, the ONLY witness dies before his documented confession. WOW! What surprising material. Recycled material again. :beat:

Is Sonny really so incompetent that he had no idea where he was before he attempted his sorry excuse for a forced landing? Who knows, maybe the plane went down in Salem Park or the Forest Preserve and everyone is only minutes away from the Pub or Club TBD. (Imagine if Percy (and his bird-watching binoculars) popped out from behind a bush and said, "Greetings!")
Maybe they landed on Smith Island and will be greeted by this welcoming group.

How-To-Get-Rid-Of-Raccoons.jpg

What an exciting show.

Regarding the flashlight:

http://www.bonton.com/product/30355...77562-sku^0897112000598@ADL4BONTON-adType^PLA

My kids all have a flashlight sort of like that one. They got them for Christmas one year, for emergencies.

Wow, only in Salem would Deimos be able to walk away from this. But then I'm not really sure what they thought they had him on any way. Kidnapping Nicole??

Ever so sorry this won't be picked up and continued on Monday. :sarcasm:

Back