Days of Our Lives -Fri., May 26, 2017

LOL, don't think Corleone was worried about cursed amulets......but too bad she did not refer to Jackson Michael Kiriakis...that one would fit the Corleone image. LOL

Back in one of the plane crashes of the Salemites, I seem to remember someone able to play an electric keyboard........Everyone wondered what tree had an electric plug. (that is why I laughed about the rechargeable flashlight. )

Didn't they use "Michael" during the vow renewal before Abby called it off? I think I remember hearing it quite recently, so it didn't surprise me.

I'm beginning to think the writers copied the idea of the amulet after the one ring from the Lord of the Rings. The thing is evil and causes bad things to happen, but the one who possesses it does whatever they can to hold onto it, even if it is detrimental to their health, LOL. I knew Chad had not thrown that thing in the ocean like he told Gabi.

Talk about contrivances. They had to share blankets because there were not enough to go around. Of course, Gabi and Chad would have to share one :rolleyes:

So when did Sonny learn how to fly a plane? He needs a refund from whoever taught him to fly as he did not know how to check where they were and did not send out a Mayday before they crashed. If his CEO skills are anything like his piloting skills, then Titan is in for a rough time ahead. I feel like Victor should mend fences with Philip and bring him back to run Titan. Sonny can be a high end executive, but Philip as Victor's son should be running the company.

So, I guess they wrote the current version of Ciara off of the show and sent her to Shawn and Belle in Hong Kong. It was so messed up that Claire did not acknowledge that Ciara is staying with her parents, while she remains in Salem. Claire could have at least told Ciara to tell her parents she said hello. Wyatt showing up and believing Ciara was just going to take him back and did not admit his wrongdoing in what he did to Ciara showed just how much of a jerk he actually is. I'm glad Ciara and Hope at least had a final moment together.

I liked Hope bringing Deimos in the station in the beginning of the episode and loved it when she told Rafe and Abby she brought a souvenir back from Greece :rotfl:. However, it became obvious as the episode went on that they were not going to have enough evidence to hold Deimos. The way he smirked throughout the whole episode and the fact that it was only based on Guy's testimony was going to be flimsy at best to hold him. I was not surprised to hear that Guy was killed before any statement was received. Too bad, I was ready for Deimos to go down. The incompetence of the Salem PD strikes again.

Chad constantly running to cut Eli off at the pass every time he tried to speak to Gabi was really, really, REALLY annoying. I mean seriously, what was up with that? Is the amulet messing with his brain or something? I was starting wish Eli would just knock him on his keister because he clearly wanted to. It was driving me nuts.

Speaking of the amulet, I had been racking my brain trying think of what this epic is reminding me of and that someone on anther site brought it up: The three part storyline on "The Brady Bunch" where the family went on a vacation to Hawaii and the kids found an ancient amulet that was cursed. They were kidnapped by a daffy archaeologist played by the late, great Vincent Price. Maybe we'll get lucky and there will be another loony-tunes archaeologist on this island as well. I doubt "Days" has the budget to resurrect Price via CGI like Rogue One: A Star Wars Story did with Peter Cushing (the character of Grand Moff Tarkin). Such a pity. That could elevate this story into a classic. *sigh*

By the way I really wanted Chad to just shut up and sit down.

So it looks like Deimos is going to walk away from having Xander kidnap Nicole and Holly, smelling like the proverbial rose. Somehow I'm not surprised. But I have to ask what the point of this "sweeps" story was?

I know Vivian Jovanni (Ciara) was leaving and they had to write her off some way, but I don't know the phrase "Drama Queen" kept coming to mind during those scenes. I mean, I understand why she would be upset with Theo, but this just kind of seems like an over-reaction. But I suppose it's not entirely out of the realm of possibility that I could be wrong about that. LOL

And finally I don't know if I mentioned it but Chad was REALLY bugging me this episode.

Why do I remember Chad Peterson Woods as the name of the character originally, before he took on the DiMera name.
Peterson wasn't his middle name; I believe his last name was Peterson-Woods, hyphenated, as his mom's last name was Peterson and his dad was DA Woods.

In any case, thanks for the summary. Yup, a really terrible episode, totally predictable with Guy and Deimos. And I think it's so silly they all toasted (with water bottles, no less) to Deimos' predicament while they are stranded on an island with no help.

So what do we have........2 cops, an FBI agent, a private investigator, 2 millionaires/billionaires, and a stowaway, wannabe stewardess, who is absolutely useless, and likes throwing hissy fits.
:clap::clap::rotfl::rotfl: Sounds like a terrible pilot for an awful TV show.
(Imagine if Percy (and his bird-watching binoculars) popped out from behind a bush and said, "Greetings!")
I would love that. Maybe this is the island where EJ stashed him, too, LOLOL.
Is Sonny really so incompetent
At everything but inheriting money and status, yes.

The three part storyline on "The Brady Bunch" where the family went on a vacation to Hawaii and the kids found an ancient amulet that was cursed.
That was a "cursed" Tiki idol.

Image1.jpg

Now we know Ciara is only leaving for 6 weeks. But I do think she is being ridiculous about the whole thing. Theo just trying to set her up. Wyatt seemed like a nice guy. Big deal that he doesn't love all the things he said he did. You still got along with him!! Though he did have a slightly sinister look in the hallway. I just think it's dumb. And did I miss it or did Claire never make any mention of the fact that Ciara (her aunt) is going to stay with her parents? I did like that Claire texted Theo he had to say goodbye to Vista.

Still trying to shove Chad and Gabi down our throats. They are not destined to be together. I liked her and Eli. Eli should fight for her. Abigail makes no sense why she is divorcing Chad, a man she loves that loves her, but glad she has no regrets. :confused: And I knew Chad did not throw the 20 million dollar amulet in the ocean. Gabi is stupid to believe him.

I can't believe that the awesome Salem cops did stick it to Deimos. So unlike them to not nail someone down. :sarcasm:

Last edited:
Thanks, Poirot.

Great seeing you post Troy. I've been wondering where you were.

I'm glad Hope got home in time to take Ciara to airport. Hope was
lucky she flew a commercial plane and not Sonny's plane.

Poor Theo, his best friend left. I'm glad they said goodbye to each other.

No, no, no. That guy Guy is now dead. Does this mean Deimos gets out
of jail?

Does Salem have an aviation school? Sonny needs to get a refund because
he wasn't taught how to read maps (he's not sure where they are) or send out
a May Day. I'm glad some of his hair got unstuck after the crash.

Does the amulet make the person who has it do bad things? Chad lied to
Gabi and said he threw it in the ocean. He couldn't wait to get it back. Did he think
it would be stolen?

Poor Eli, there's no one on the island to share his blanket with.

Geez! I only get to see the show on Fridays, and I get this junk.

What the heck was Gabi wearing?? That light colored top with the black tank, bra, or whatever the heck it was looked awful. I hate it when straps or underwear (on women or men) are hanging out of clothing.

I'll give them a pass on the "rechargable" flashlight. I have one of those flashlights that are shaken to recharge. I also have one that has a handle that you turn to recharge it.

I also wanted to add if we can't get a loopy archaeologist on the island then I'll be more then happy to settle for a polar bear and a smoke monster. Yep I was a HUGE fan of "Lost" especially in it's hey day. I still like to pretend the finale never happened. :)

I know I was a broken record asking, "excuse me, what exactly are they able to arrest Deimos for?" But it's been ridiculous since the start. Did they really believe a judge, or anyone, was going to believe Xander or this Guy over Deimos? Because that's all they had, his word against theirs. So stupid.

And don't most private jets have showers?

Not jets of that size

We learned today that Chad's middle name is Michael (Gabi "middle named" him). Or did we know that before?

It was mentioned at his wedding

So, I guess they wrote the current version of Ciara off of the show and sent her to Shawn and Belle in Hong Kong. It was so messed up that Claire did not acknowledge that Ciara is staying with her parents, while she remains in Salem. Claire could have at least told Ciara to tell her parents she said hello.

Equally messed up was not getting an acknowledgement about Claire and Hope remaining in Salem. Ciara could have asked Claire to check in on Hope or asked Hope to keep an eye on Claire for her. Always one step forward, 2 steps back with this show. After great Marlena and Victor scenes, we get this.

I hope Ciara brings Shawn and Belle back to Salem with her.

I did enjoy the rest of the Claire/Ciara scenes as well as Claire texting Theo.

I fast forwarded most of the island gang. What kind of pilot doesn't send out a MayDay? That's unheard of.

Deimos should have been written as a villain all along. None of this Nicole and Helena nonsense. He lost direction somewhere along the way.

At least Hope acknowledged that Deimos was responsible for Bo's disappearance. That was a surprise.

Back