Days of Our Lives -Fri., May 26, 2017

I hope Ciara brings Shawn and Belle back to Salem with her.
I'd be OK with them returning to Salem with an inexplicably preteen daughter played by Lauren Boles and lamenting the loss of Ciara, who fell into a volcano. I won't miss Ciara.
What kind of pilot doesn't send out a MayDay?
Why, a Salem InstaPilot Academy graduate, of course!! That's covered in day 8 of their 5-day course!!

I got to see the show this morning and I can't even remember all the stuff I laughed about! A couple of things come to mind.

Gabi is getting around quite well (from the crashed plane to wandering around the sand of that island) in high heels with her twisted ankle.

Did anyone else think the rock at that campsite looked like a big dinosaur foot and leg? LOL

Now we know Ciara is only leaving for 6 weeks. But I do think she is being ridiculous about the whole thing. Theo just trying to set her up. Wyatt seemed like a nice guy. Big deal that he doesn't love all the things he said he did. You still got along with him!! Though he did have a slightly sinister look in the hallway. I just think it's dumb. And did I miss it or did Claire never make any mention of the fact that Ciara (her aunt) is going to stay with her parents? I did like that Claire texted Theo he had to say goodbye to Vista.
Once again, the writers made a hash of a plot. If Wyatt was supposed to be so bad, why not give the viewers more evidence that a bit of money-grubbing. etc.?? He could have been shown sitting around with his Salem U. buddies laughing about how he's getting some rich girl who thinks he likes her to give him money and write his term papers. They might also have shown Wyatt smooching some girl in the Town Square Park and then displaying his "luv" skills to yet another young woman at a booth at TBD.
I know I was a broken record asking, "excuse me, what exactly are they able to arrest Deimos for?" But it's been ridiculous since the start. Did they really believe a judge, or anyone, was going to believe Xander or this Guy over Deimos? Because that's all they had, his word against theirs. So stupid.
This is a good point. The inept Salem P.D. couldn't get Deimos for holding people hostage, so that's out. Nicole was kidnapped near Winnipeg, so Manitoba has jurisdiction. She was held captive on an island near Athens, so Greece has jurisdiction here. Does the foolish Salem P.D. think that crimes against members of the Salem in-crowd are like piracy, meaning that anyone can claim jurisdiction?

Last edited:
I was equally annoyed the other day when John called Paul and told him about Brady's condition, but not Belle. Why call the sibling that has known Brady most of his life when they can call the brother who has only known Brady for a couple of years? Even if the show did not want to have Martha Madison (Belle) make a cameo appearance, why didn't they show John or Marlena having a one-sided phone conversation with Belle about Brady's condition? At least it would have shown the audience that Belle was in the loop and concerned about her brother.

Instead, Ciara calls Shawn, asking for a favor. And off she goes to stay with them, and no mention at all of Brady at death's door. Not even a let Belle know Brady is in pretty bad shape.

When Caroline died during the Salem Stalker storyline, they said Kim and Kayla were there, but were downstairs at the church, watching all the children. After the funeral, they either all went back to California quickly, or were "in the other room." (can't remember which one they said)

True JS. And even more recently (on Thursday), Marlena spent a good deal of time talking about John, who was in Brady's room, and neither was seen. She even went in and talked to him (also so Victor could take a call). It would have been super easy to say, "I'm so glad Belle is in with her dad, I'm going in to see her."

Back