Days of Our Lives - Fri. May 27, 2016

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Friday, May 27, 2016

A rather confusing show to me, perhaps just badly edited. Aiden goes to see Chase, telling him he is going to get him out of there, saying Chase was overwhelmed, distraught, not thinking straight, get him out of the jail into a hospital, that is close by. Chase has a fit, refuses, is very upset at the idea of being labeled as crazy, prefers to stay in prison. He tells Aiden to stay away, don't come to see him again.

Kayla & Fynn appear to be half way to L.A., in a motel, brakes failed on the car, getting fixed in the morning. Fynn leaves, Kayla gets a dizzy spell and pain, Steve calls, she says she is fine, he has a lead on Joey, telling her to go back to Salem. She will not. Fynn returns with something to eat, she gets another of the spells, he gives her pain pills which knock her out. Bad dream of Steve coming in, he found Joey, he is dead, both are in tears. She wakes up with a start, Fynn is there, tells her the pills can cause nightmares, she tells how she dreamt Joey was dead.

Steve & John are in an office, get a call from Karl, who thinks they are with that commune in the desert. John learns Simone's last name is Michaels, Steve heads out to the commune alone.

Joey has the branding on his hand, Jade thinks it is so cool, Dirk is strumming & singing in the background, which doesn't set well with Joey. He & Jade argue a bit, he decides he is leaving, not waiting the week he promised. Jade is pleading, Dirk comes over gives Joey a hard time about "growing up", they get into a brawl. Jade watches a bit, before she finally gets in between and stops it.
Steve is talking to Simone, who refuses any info at all, Steve is very polite, eventually she admits Joey was there, but claims he & Jade took off this morning. She is making sort sort of eastern food or drink, he can smell it, has had some in Nepal, she shares with him.

Jade & Joey return to the commune, Steve comes into the room, they panic and run off.

At the cop shop, Rafe & Hope finish up their lunch, when Rory is brought in, picked up in a drug bust, 2 others dumped their stash in his lap, and got away. Rafe & Hope talk to Rory a bit, but he won't give up the names. Hope thinks maybe JJ can help, he comes in, just going off duty. Roman is against it, but gives in, JJ goes to talk to Rory, who gives JJ a hard time about being a cop, and never calling him anymore. JJ explains that Rory is his friend, and once he put on the uniform of a cop, he just could not hang with him when he was doing "stuff". Rory is reluctant, but JJ figures he can get him immunity, so Rory gives up the names of the two fellows who ran out.

Roman is terribly angry, JJ had no right, no authority, and they cannot give Rory the immunity. This upsets JJ, who gave his word, but he did not have permission to offer anything. Roman stalks off, Hope explains all deals have to be cleared with D.A. office first, before they can be offered.

Eduardo is going to babysit for Ari, learns Gabi has a date with JJ, she realizes he is not thrilled with the idea, and learns it is because JJ is a cop, a dangerous profession. That sometimes the danger spills onto the family. She teases him about having been an assassin, same thing, & that Rafe is a cop, but that is o.k. ?? He admits all she says, but fathers worry more about daughters than sons. She says she is dating JJ, likes him, he is a great cop, she is proud of him, Eduardo agrees to back off.

Aiden is on the phone with someone, getting background for the argument he is going to make on Chase's behalf. A knocking at the door, it is Roman, Chase got into a fight in the prison yard, was stabbed with a shiv, is at the hospital, Aiden rushes out. In the square, he nearly knocks over Eduardo, not even seeing him, and within a few seconds, Eduardo gets another message from whoever is texting him about Patrick Johanssen & his family.

Hope gets home, calls Ciara, leaving a message, wanting to know how the session with Marlena went. Roman appears at her door, has bad news.

JJ & Gabi come into the room, he has told her all that happened, she says not his fault, those guys were selling at the high school, Roman should be happy they got the guys, & be thanking JJ. They kiss, and soon are doing the horizontal mambo. Knock, knock at the door (swear it seems like a hotel or motel). JJ gets out of bed, gingerly opens the door, there is Rory. Pow, JJ goes down when Rory delivers a right to the jaw.

Aiden rushes to the hospital, gets into the room where they are working on Chase, who has lost a lot of blood. They take him to surgery, Aiden is distraught, sitting on a chair when hope arrives. She comes in, puts a comforting hand on his shoulder. He grasps it, holding it against his cheek, nearly in tears.

Note: There is no show on Monday, May 30, because of Memorial Day.

As far as the rest of the show is concerned :

I don't care about Jade and Joey. Jade is useless, Joey is stupid, and I FF the scenes between Steve. Yep, imagine that, I FF Steve. :eek:

Kayla and Fynn ? :rolleyes: I don't think so...

Could Aiden have arranged for Chase to get stabbed ? I wonder... Though the actor is good. Maybe the character is also a good actor. Again, hum...

Hope : I think she's an idiot now. Sorry. And give some great stuff to Rafe. Please. Way underused right now.

The whole JJ stuff with Rory : That was bad, really bad. Then again, since when does the Salem PD follows the rules ?

Anyway, I'm not excited at all right now.

Paging Jennifer Rose Horton Deveraux, are you still in Salem? :rolleyes: WHERE IS THE CONTINUITY?!

I watched the first half of show, had a client call and then fast forwarded most of the rest. I too fast forwarded Steve and Simone and Joey/Jade. No thanks. And that fight took way too long. It was at least 3 scenes.

Fynn and Kayla are boring me too. Kayla: GET HELP! Remember, put your oxygen mask on before helping others. There is a reason flight attendants say that.

Hope and Rafe sitting around the station AGAIN?! Jealous Rafe doesn't work for me and Hope looks like a fool right now. Isn't she more senior than Rafe is on the force? Why does he always call the shots? I also did NOT like Rafe yelling at Rory. Please give Rafe a storyline or 2 that is more in character for him. Maybe working with Nicole to bring down Deimos. Maybe working with Belle or Justin on some cases with recurring players. Maybe form a friendship with Shawn. Anything but this.

I don't know what to think about Aiden at the moment. I can't figure if it was just bad writing or an ulterior motive that made him to go to Hope before he visited Chase initially. It really could be either. I'm still hoping he ends up being a good guy but something is definitely off about him.

Also, I see we are going back to being lazy about sets again. The "motel" set is communal blue room with dark lighting. I thought we had gotten rid of that for non-hospital stuff. Aiden's room and the one JJ and Gabi were in also looked identical in layout.

It has been mentioned above that some think Aiden was involved with Chase's attack. Remember yesterday (Thursday) as Days was going off the air it was Andre giving a warning to Aiden. The attack I believe was orchestrated by Andre.

Heck, there was no continuity in today's show at all....Seemed as though scenes from a bunch of different episodes were all thrown together to make one show, and then, some had to be cut short, or eliminated because of time. Glad some of you got to FF thru some areas. Tis a shame that a Friday in sweeps period turns out to be such a drag.

Fynn and Kayla: I don't mind it but like I said a week or so ago I don't think anything is ultimately going to come of it so it's pretty much filler as far as I'm concerned.

I don't know what to make of Aiden either. It's the same question as before is he a bad guy or a good guy? The guessing game was fun for a while but it's gone past it's expiration date. But the problem is I think the writers STILL don't know where they stand with the character.

I wasn't surprised that the conversation between Eduardo and Gabi regarding JJ was far less dramatic then the spoilers made it sound. I enjoyed the scenes of course but I can't say they had me biting my nails.

I've seen other people ask this question but I think it bears repeating: How the heck did Rory find JJ?

Do I care who's threatening Eduardo? Because I like the character I can say at that the moment yes, I'm tentatively interested. But when I think about where it could go I can't help repeating to myself over and over; "Please don't be stupid." "Please don't be stupid." "Pretty please with sugar on top don't be stupid!!"

Somebody needs a kiss -- there was no need for Roman to jump down JJ's throat simply for suggesting to Rory that he could get a deal (which is how I interpreted the scene). Speaking of Rory -- fie on the writers for turning this popular character into a drug dealer. Regarding the drug dealers, does Belle know that they're using her joint as a hangout? Her place is going to get quite a reputation. (Salem Spectator: "Major Drug Busts at Edge of the Square.") Bad influence: Jade is the worst. When Steve finally finds his son and sees that stupid scorpion brand, he could be excused for wringing her neck. Finally, Aiden is either a bad lawyer or a major conniver. The best way to go with Chase's defense is to get his thoroughly tainted confession tossed and note that there's no physical evidence. Temporary insanity or reduced capacity are much dicier defense strategies. Could Aiden be trying to have his cake and eat it too by getting Chase put into Abigail's Shady Hills? This would get Chase out of jail, but not on the streets, which might give Aiden a chance of winning back Hope.

I agree that this is not sweeps worthy stuff. It looked like summer interns just threw a bunch of stuff together according to how much time needed to be filled.

The one thing that made me yell today was Hope with her hand on Aiden's shoulder to comfort him. I realize it could've been worse with a hug or arm around him, but she shouldn't have been there in the first place.

The Rory scenes were beyond stupid, but at least I got to see that young cutie. Days needs to turn him into a reformed guy, and use him much more.

redsquirrel, I wish I could say yes, but I was just looking for an uncomplimentary word for Belle's gin mill. A few more comments on today's episode. Sketchy Aunt Simone's nest of scorpion-themed armed robbers has a website? If only all the criminals did this. It would make kiss-starved Roman's job much easier. And what's wrong with Dr. Dingo? Why doesn't he own a car that won't need repair work on the first day of a trip? Could it be true that he is really being paid in gift cards to Outback restaurants?

1306451286_junky_car.jpg

The Fynnmobile?

Last edited:
Back