Days of Our Lives - Fri. May 27, 2016

I thought the Rafe yelling at Rory, and Hope being nice to him was a partner method of good cop, bad cop. It didn't work though and it was mean of Roman to come down so hard on JJ. Set him aside and tell him instead.

John's hair was poufy yesterday too, I don't like it

I wonder if Aiden has something to do with the texts Eduardo is getting. I also thought Eduardo recognized him.

I was surprised Eduardo didn't want Gabi with JJ only because he was a cop. I thought maybe he knew about JJ being with Eve, the woman that had his child, Paige.

May sweeps ended on Wed.

I wondered too if Eduardo knows Aiden.

Did Andre have Chase stabbed to make Aiden be his lawyer?

I think Rory will fit right in at the commune.

I laughed when Chase told his dad he would work all the angles to
get Hope
back..... would Aiden have someone stab Chase to get her back????

I think Eduardo should have talked to Gabi about the blouse she was wearing

Shame on Roman. He supports Hope when she murdered Stefano and framed Andre for it, then he went along with Steve and Kayla when Joey confessed to killing Ava but allowed Steve to take the fall. However, he could not find it in himself to talk to Justin to see if they could support immunity for Rory, or at the very least, get him in rehab for his drug dealing and drug use?

As Gabi said, the cops had been looking for those drug dealers for a few years since JJ was in high school. Lucas and Sami had nothing to worry about a few years ago when they wanted to hide that Will shot EJ from Roman. It appears if you are family, you will never go to prison or pay for a crime while Roman is the commissioner, but everybody else, watch out! (I know Eric went to prison, but there was no way Roman could cover that up, everyone was aware Eric had been drunk the night he hit Daniel).

Joey is being a moron. He wants to leave the commune, but when Steve arrives, he runs off with Jade. Can he just stop already so that we can get out of this tiresome story. And here Kayla is too sick to travel with that head injury, but she refuses to let Steve find Joey and bring him back while she waits at home.

I also believe Andre set up the fight in the prison yard so that Chase would get stabbed and Aiden will be forced to help him get out of prison.

Eduardo reasons that Gabi should not date JJ were pretty lame because he is a cop. I like the way Gabi held her own and mentioned that Rafe is a cop, but Eduardo would have no problem with him having a love life. I am still waiting for Eduardo to find out JJ cheated on Paige with Eve.

I am not interested in the Rafe/Hope/Aiden story. It has been on four out of five days a week for the past few weeks and usually dominates the show when it is on. Rafe and Hope desperately need to be on the backburner and Aiden involved in other stories only a couple of days a week.

I did not care for the Paige/JJ, Eve/JJ/ or anything to do with those characters when the stories concerning them all was shown, so hope neither of the two women is ever mentioned.

How odd to end sweeps in middle of week. LOL...Days has a fab episode on Tuesday, next to last day of sweeps. Then follows with ...........well, let's just say skipable ones.

She says she is dating JJ, likes him, he is a great cop
and yet...
Roman is terribly angry, JJ had no right, no authority, and they cannot give Rory the immunity.
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
Pow, JJ goes down when Rory delivers a right to the jaw.
I've been waiting to see Rory for decades and this is what they give me? If I wanted to watch this type of tale, I'd just pull out Reefer Madness. :rolleyes::rolleyes:
The drapes in JJ and Gabi's hotel room were the DiMansion living room drapes.
I guess times really ARE rough for the DiMeras!! Renting out their draperies!!! :rotfl::rotfl:
Jealous Rafe doesn't work for me and Hope looks like a fool right now.
Hope and Rafe continue to be a fail on all levels. They're trying way, way, way, way too hard here.
WHERE IS THE CONTINUITY?
Corday ordered 'no continuity after Sept 1st.'
Please give Rafe a storyline or 2 that is more in character for him.
The current writers (as the previous two sets of writers) apparently only looked back about 6 months for their character sketches (Bo Brady and Patch aside). They think this is the kind of character Rafe is.
I'm still hoping he ends up being a good guy but something is definitely off about him.
Ditto what I said above about Rafe. The writers don't know this character, and their version of him is an attempted-murdering slimeball. My hopes are not high, but my desire is.
But the problem is I think the writers STILL don't know where they stand with the character.
Shame on you!! These are professionals, they must know what they are doing!!!!:sarcasm:

How the heck did Rory find JJ?
Everyone in Salem wears a Comm Badge like they did in Star Trek The Next Generation. Rory simply said, "Computer, give me the location of Officer Deveraux." The computer replied, "Officer Deveraux is in the Stop and Shtup Motel, Route 9, Take Exit 47 and turn left." :wink:
The best way to go with Chase's defense is to get his thoroughly tainted confession tossed and note that there's no physical evidence.
There are three ways to do things on Days...the right way...the wrong way...and the Salem way. Your way my friend is not the Salem way. LOL
Speaking of Rory -- fie on the writers for turning this popular character into a drug dealer.
I'm surprised that in the unusually progressive State of Whatever that Salem is in, marijuana is not legal in some capacity. That could make for a more compelling story.

I REALLY HATED Rafe's interrogation scenes!! Oy with how they're writing this character...I just can't. Why wasn't he this tough with Nick? Oh right, his
months-long head injury that kept him from going both barrels on EJ...gimme a break....
May sweeps ended on Wed.
That explains a lot about today's doldrums. I could excuse a slow post-sweeps episode if sweeps hadn't been...
sweeps.gif
I also believe Andre set up the fight in the prison yard so that Chase would get stabbed and Aiden will be forced to help him get out of prison.
I wonder how many sets of drapes André had to sell to get the cash to arrange this. :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Did not like Roman reaming out JJ over Rory.

JJ is inexperienced and did what he thought was best to accomplish the goal he was set forth to achieve. Maybe Roman should have done the job himself instead of manipulating JJ & Rory's connection. Just thought it was unprofessional on Roman's part and not the way of a leader.

Roman agreed to let JJ talk to Rory......because he was his friend. If JJ was not allowed to say something, offer something, etc. then he should have been told before he went in. Roman lets a couple people off for murder, but reams out JJ.

I think perhaps Rafe & Hope were playing good cop/bad cop with Rory.

And I truly HATE that the show still has Rory getting high, selling drugs, etc. etc. He seemed to be doing well at one point, when he first went to college.

I'm just gonna say this about the show from Friday, and in general. Sweeps or not, it seems like the vast majority of storylines or episodes Days of Our Lives has aired over the past few months have been filler. This episode was no exception. And sadly, it looks as if Jennifer's addiction/counseling will receive the same treatment Jack's PTSD and counseling did back in 2011.

This makes me wonder, if they are slicing and dicing scenes in an "attempt" to fix the shoddy writing, how bad was the stuff we aren't seeing? Or it could be they don't know how to repair it because they wrote this garbage in the first place.

Last edited:
I guess it's because I have always liked Aiden, but I really felt for him today. I am still not sure of what's going on with him - if he's pretty much straight with the audience or if there is something we don't know. But I was glad to see Hope go to him, even if it was just to be nice, or out of some sense of duty. Yes, he got himself into trouble - but now, everybody hates him and his son just got stabbed (which was probably courtesy of Andre). She certainly is under no obligation, but I was glad to see Hope go to him. Let her still be cautious, but let her be kind, as her character generally has been.

Oh, we have questions, for which there will never be answers. Scenes have been cut, in order to change story direction, I suppose in another month at the most, we will be seeing the effects of the change in writing. The show did take that month (5 weeks) off in order to lessen shooting time, and I am guessing that when the shut down for the Olympics occurs, they will not be filming.
It is assinine that they are already into filming October.

The drapes in JJ and Gabi's hotel room were the DiMansion living room drapes.

Oh, no!!! :sick: :sick: :sick:

I think Eduardo should have talked to Gabi about the blouse she was wearing

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I am still waiting for Eduardo to find out JJ cheated on Paige with Eve.

Me too!!!!!! Someone in that family needs to exhibit some intelligence. :sick: :sick: :sick:

Re good/bad cop, Rory (and everyone else) should be wise to that stunt. :rolleyes:

I guess that dinner, to Hope/Rafe, is considered "space." :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Rory could simply refuse to testify, sans immunity. His giving up of names during interrogation would be a little shakey. Would like to see him rehabilitated, and given a job with the SPD. :)

Jade is absolutely stomping on my last nerve. PS to Joe, when she starts her blackmailing attempts, deny, deny, deny! You told a big fib, because you knew she liked bad boys.

Last edited by a moderator:
And Joey had the super intelligent idea to tell Jade, of all people, he killed Ava. It is the ONLY reason she was interested in him in the first place. His mother is a doctor and he didn't inherit her brains. His Dad is edgy, but I don't remember him being stupid. Please stop the insanity.

Back