Days of Our Lives - Fri., May 8, 2015

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Friday, May 8, 2015

The Salemites have all returned from Italy, & are being hugged and greeted in various places by family members. Melanie is at Daniel's apt with Maggie, Daniel arrives, and in her halting, babbling way, Melanie manages to tell them what happened, and all about Brady & Theresa's baby. Daniel is going to the hospital, but Melanie declines going.

At the hospital, Eve is being oh so polite and devious with Jennifer, talking of just stepping back, letting Paige & JJ do their own thing. Theresa & Brady arrive with the baby, oohs, ahs, explanations. The baby is being seen by Dr. Williams to be checked over.
In his hotel room, Xander is making a play for a reluctant Nicole, but gets a call from Uncle Vic to get over there right away. He leaves, as does Nicole, will call her later.

Cole is prowling the Deveraux home, looking for somewhere to plant the bag of pot, hears JJ & Paige at the door, knocks a plant to the floor, dashes upstairs. JJ is surprised to see the plant, can't believe whoever did it did not clean it up. He & Paige go upstairs to his room, where Cole is, looking for a place to put the bag of pot. Cole dives under the bed, JJ & Paige make out a bit, but soon stop, doesn't want to get in trouble, he promised, they go downstairs. Cole comes out of hiding, looks around a bit more, negates the night stand, spots JJ's backpack. Perfect.
Downstairs JJ & paige are discussing their California plans, kissing just a bit, Cole quietly sneaks out. In the park, he calls the Tip line at the cop shop, says he saw JJ Deveraux in the park, dealing drugs.

Eric & Serena are in the square, she bought him a Hawaiian shirt, but it is a bit premature for Eric. Nicole comes along, got a call from her boss about some breaking news concerning Brady, Theresa, and your mom, Eric. But she told him to get someone else to cover it, she did not want to do anything that might hurt Eric's family. He gets a call from his mother, goes off, Nicole & Serena face off, do their little mutual insult dance, Serena goes off.

Victor greets Xander in his usual brusque manner, and wants Xander to make sure the house and grounds are absolutely secure. Wants an excellent markman, but doesn't want anyone knowing Xander is working for him, just a visiting family member. He says there was trouble in Italy, the DiMeras may want revenge. Then he mentions Brady coming with a baby,and it will be housed at his place after they get through at the hospital. Xander is not all that happy being treated as though he was NOT a family member, but just the hired help.

Back at the hospital, Daniel has arrived, so has Melanie & Maggie, Eve has seen the baby, is standing near Theresa, jennifer is there, Theresa makes a big apology and thank you to Melanie for not giving up, despite Theresa's treatment of her, because now she has her son, thank to Mel. Hugs. She talks also of the baby having this auto-immune problem, needing her bone marrow, but not immediately. Daniel goes to check on the baby again, Brady will be there in a minute, wants to talk to Mel, Theresa takes Eve, off they go. Brady gives Mel a big kiss, that is his thank you, he loves her!

Over at Victor's, John has come in, soon followed by Marlena. Victor is very jovial, as he talks of Marlena doing something right, she finally killed Kristen. Marlena is not smiling, John is perplexed. Victor finds himself having a celebratory drink alone, so goes off to let the two talk. Marlena tells a confused John what happened, the struggle with Kristen, etc. John is worried as Brady texted to meet him at the hospital. She says Brady is fine, and all is good, but he will tell you the news. She asks what happened with paul, John shrugs, complicated, will talk with her later. He is so glad she is o.k. Victor goes to see his new great-grandson, briefly. Is happy, but hopes Brady is not going to keep the name Christopher, Kristen named him after herself. Brady only says it is his name, but Theresa does want it changed.

Later , Nicole is at the Kmansion, leaving a note for Brady, Daniel comes in (no idea why). He suggest they go for coffee, she sees Xander outside the open French door, eavesdropping, refuses, it is over, don't call me. She walks out, in near tears, as she whispers, I am so sorry, Daniel.

Marlena meets up with Eric & Serena, tells them the tale of all that happened. She doesn't ever wish anyone dead, but she is so glad now she doesn't have to worry about Kristen hurting those she loves.

John arrives at the hospital, and there is Brady with a baby in his arms. What is this? This is my son! Cue puzzlement on John's face.

Jennifer has come home, JJ gives her the acceptance letter from San Jose' State college, she is thrilled, JJ explains about it being just about 1/2 hr. from Stamford, and then lands the bombshell that he & Paige are planning on getting a place, and living together. A lot for Jen to take in, California is so far away, but she wishes them well. She tells Paige that she has to call her mother, she has something to tell her, and it is good. They are all at the door, JJ is saying good bye, Jen opens the door. There stands Roman. He, uh, wants to talk to JJ...alone.

The look on Jennifer's face when Theresa shows them the baby is absolutely priceless!

Edited to add: And the look on Brady's face when Theresa hugged Melanie was also priceless!!

Both of these scenes alone are worth watching today's episode.

:clap: I always enjoy when this show has Eve and Theresa act like they like each other. They both looked nice in their blue.
:clap:to Eve being in scenes with adults.

I hate how the Jonas is always forced into everything. Marlena and John should have been at that hospital and John should have found out about his grandson before the Jonas clan even got there. Why the heck did Marlena go to Victor's anyway?

Way too much Melanie. I don't care how this affects her and I can't stand it when she talks like a child. Also didn't like all of the smug faces Dan kept making. No one asked or forced you to go to the hospital.

Cole's jacket looked like the one Nicole, Brady and Eric shared last year (or the year before).

I feel so bad for Xander. I don't know why he wants Victor's love, but I sympathize. I want him to double cross the old bat and take over the company. Then Philip can come back and they can fight over the company.

I wish Nicole and Xander were interacting for different reasons. I can't take her seriously when she acts like Serena is the devil that would only hurt Eric. She also needs to quit her job since it seems all she does is turn down stories.

I hope they change the baby's name. I don't like Kristen and I don't want to be reminded of her.

It really feels like the show sucked all the drama out of this baby story. But at least I got some nice scenes of Eve and Theresa:).

Victor treats Xander like he's one of the lowest life forms on earth. How can he stand this treatment? I mean he tells the man, who is actually family, to act like family. Of all the things Vic has done in the past weeks, the way he treats Xander is what angers me most and the fact that we don't know why. All he seems to want is for Victor to treat him the way he does the others. I hope he snaps, tortures Victor and his prized family for a bit, and then gets some help.

Isn't JJ still on probation? Don't probation laws prevent you from leaving the state? And if he is still on probation, Cole and Eve are absolute snakes to plant drugs that could lead to serious legal trouble for JJ.

Nicole crying over Daniel.

Much conversation about changing the baby's name which leads me to believe this will be the first disagreement between the new parents.

I enjoyed all of the interaction that had to do with what happened in Italy and about the baby.

The rest of the show was quite boring for me.

Why the heck would Brady be ok with leaving the baby's name as it is? That is just plain stupid writing to me.

Can JJ and Paige PLEASE go to summer school in California?!?! I am soooooo tired of their entire story line.

Nicole and Daniel ...... just shaking my head.

Xander ......I have absolutely no interest in him or any story line that he's involved in. That goes double for Serena.

Why the heck would Brady be ok with leaving the baby's name as it is? That is just plain stupid writing to me.

The only reason I could think of is he still has feelings for Kristen. Think about it! Christopher was conceived when Brady slept with Theresa after a fight with Kristen. He was upset with Kristen when he thought she slept with Daniel. Kristen carried the baby and named him after herself. As twisted as it sounds, he may see that baby as a connection to Kristen lol.

Good episode and good summary, thanks Poirot!

I am already annoyed by Theresa's over the top 'mothering'. It would have been endearing to see her become a good mother rather than pretending she knows everything and hovering like a lunatic grizzly. It's off-putting in my opinion. Maybe it's meant to be. But I doubt it.

We are supposed to find it charming coming from Maggie too, I guess.:confused:

Thanks for the summary! I loved the interactions surrounding the baby and the "Italy crew", lol. Really nice and sweet scenes. Can't wait to see it continue on Monday. I'm also interested in Xander's backstory. Why is Victor treating him like he's just a goon? Can't wait to see where that's headed.

Nicole & Daniel...:beat:
JJ, Cole, and Paige...:rolleyes:

In the castle, correct me if I am wrong, but I seem to recall Brady going in the baby's room (for whatever reason) and he picked up a picture of Kristen holding the baby, and he took it. Seems like they are trying to leave Brady's door open to her .:rolleyes:

When Brady took Jen aside to tell her of Kristen's death, and she was talking of the pizza parties her and Billie and Kristen had, I wanted her to say "of course you don't remember, you were just a baby then." (or wasn't he even born?) :rotfl:

Not sure what I think of Xander yet, but the actor does a good job of showing flashes of pain across his face when Vic is treating him like dirt.

I really wish Marlena would have accompanied John to the hospital to meet his grandson. I know they're not on the best terms but it could have been a really sweet moment. I mean, I still liked the looks on both John's and Brady's faces during that scene but how awesome to have Marlena in the background with a proud smile on her face watching the moment. Yeah, I know, these writers have no clue that Marlena/Brady are even family. :rolleyes: If you ask me Eric/Serena were completely unnecessary to this episode. I FF'd the JJ/Paige/Cole scenes. Hopefully JJ won't get in trouble for what Cole/Eve did and maybe he or Paige will figure out that the drugs were planted on him. I hope this leads to (finally) the big reveal too. I'm over this story and ready for Paige to find out.

The writers are just so gaga over Daniel that it never even crossed their minds to actually write a story where the words coming out of Nicole's mouth toward Daniel should be spoken as truth and not this lame story of her purposely acting this way all in the name of getting info from Xander about Serena. Wow. Where does she think this will lead her? Let's say she does eventually get to the truth does she expect to go back to Daniel and say, "sorry, I didn't really mean those things but I had to play Xander to find out what Serena was up to." He's going to berate her for the umpteenth time and accuse her of only doing this because she's obviously not over Eric and on and on we go. The storytelling on this show is SO bad.

I was hoping Theresa actually meant the things she said to Melanie and was starting to turn over a new leaf but alas she's still the same old manipulative scheming witch. I did like her scenes with Eve but you can already see the wheels turning as she's formulating her plan re: the baby and Brady. And sorry, I know there are people who like the name but I am on Theresa's and Victor's (apparently) side here. I want them to change the name. Brady should want to change the name too but I agree with Cryin' that there's a part of him that still cares about Kristen and this is his last connection to her. Blech.

I'm not surprised that Theresa's still the same old person she's always been. I just hope whatever she's planning doesn't involve actually putting the baby in harm's way. I will not stand for that at all. I am also with her on changing the name and I'm actually even more disappointed in Brady. He must not really care about Theresa's feelings if he wants to desperately keep any ties to Kristen by keeping the baby's original name.

Actually, now that I think about it... maybe Melanie should be more concerned about Brady having any feelings for Kristen than with Theresa.

I hope the new writers stop this madness of ignoring that Marlena is Brady's mother. She should have gone to the hospital with her grandson and called John to meet them there. It should have been a Black/Donovan scene at the hospital not a Jonas one.

Brady must not care about anyone in his family if he wants them to always be reminded of that evil being.

Well, Brady told Jen that he does hate Kristen, but still has some feelings for her, if she could understand that.
And Eve told Theresa she has been soooo nice and sweet since they came back, she knows she is planning something. What is it. LOL. And Theresa looked directly over at Brady, and smiled. Ha.

I was forced to watch this whole thing on YouTube because my power was out during Days and the DVR didn't tape either.

JJ/Paige/Cole: I hope that when the truth comes out Paige goes to Stanford and decides to stay there permanently. Cole should be arrested for a false police report.

The Italy crowd was ok but the scenes were not done properly. Way too much Maggie/Daniel/Melanie in my opinion. It almost seems as if Victor and Maggie lead separate lives sometimes. John and Marlena should have been at the hospital the entire time and Victor should have met them there. Really no reason for the KMansion scenes at all. They could have done in the waiting room at the hospital. In the scenes with the baby in the exam room, it almost seemed like they were using stock footage of the baby. You never saw a wide shot of someone looking at him in the crib.

MARLENA SHOULD HAVE BEEN IN THE ROOM WITH JOHN AND BRADY!!!! :angry:

And her not telling John about the baby but then telling Eric? That's inconsistent writing. If Brady wanted to share the news, why not share it with both of them?

Lots of barf-worthy couples suddenly "in love": Daniel/Nicole, Melanie/Brady, Serena/Eric, JJ/Paige :sick:

Yet John and Marlena, a couple that really should be in love, can't end a scene without John saying "We'll talk" to her.

I actually liked the Jen/Brady scene but thought it was funny they couldn't show flashbacks because Jen was played by Stephanie Cameron then.:)

I wonder if Kimberly will arrive in Salem on this never ending travel day.

I think it's an insult to Josh Taylor (Roman) for him to air for only 30 seconds. He is on contract.

It was the editing, and it really was terrible. The scenes did not "flow" the way they should have.

Why was Maggie at Daniel's apt.? Melanie was texting her dad about landing, going thru customs, etc. Why not go straight to the hospital, which is where Daniel was? AND where Brady & Theresa were going?

So Eve thinks Kristen was "psycho" and "not even human." The way Eve's been acting lately "psycho" might be a good description for her, and if her role in the JJ set-up is revealed, people might just be saying that she's "not even human." As for Eve's observation that Jeannie T. was obviously up to something, she herself is playing a far more dangerous game. The brat girl is playing the usual Salem relationship dirty pool, but Eve is now part of a criminal conspiracy and her pal of the moment, Cole, has just unlawfully entered a premises to commit a crime, which means that he's a burglar. Meanwhile,Victor has a good day with his quips saying that Kristen's death "gave him goosebumps" and that Jeannie T. "will give motherhood a bad name." Finally, the wretched writers continue to have Nicole make bad choices in her pursuit of her pointless quest to learn the truth about Bluebird. She'd be better advised to let this bird fly off to Waikiki and take the sourpuss with her.

I think it's interesting Brady wants to keep the baby's name and Theresa doesn't. Will
Brady back down? And will dopey Brady figure out Theresa will use the baby to get
what she wants?

I felt bad when Victor told Xander "he's just a nephew visiting, no one important"

I'm glad Marlena and John were in some scenes together today. I hope they are
finally on the road to get back together.

Interesting Cole called the police about JJ. Did he use his own cell phone or a burner one?

Daniel looked lost today. For some reason, he didn't want to be by Theresa.
Maybe he's upset he hasn't save the day in awhile.

Thanks for the summary, Poirot. I should tell you more often since you do it
almost everyday :)

Back