Days of Our Lives - Fri., Nov. 11, 2016

Just Samantha

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Kimberly stammers and doesn't really say anything to Brady about Jeannie T's plan. She says Theresa doesn't think she deserves to be happy and Brady begs Kim to help Theresa. Kim keeps talking nonsense, about how maybe Theresa might never change, but Brady keeps begging her to come to Salem to help Theresa. Kim agrees to "take the first flight out" to Salem.

Victor comes in and asks what Kim had to say about things, and asks if there's any improvement with Theresa. Brady says she's even worse, and Kim's agreed to "come to Salem" (not knowing she's already here).

Jeannie T is kneeling at the altar at church, with Caroline's rosary in her hands, begging God for guidance on this plan, as she sobs. She hears "Theresa Donovan, praying in church??" and turns around to find a stunned JJ staring at her. (he's dropping off something for the church, in 2 shopping bags) They trade snarks, but he notices she's really upset. He offers an ear to listen to whatever's going on, having been a member of the same screw-up club she was in. Theresa snaps at him, says her past has caught up with her due to her actions, but you can see she appreciates him being kind to her (he says they were both a mess, but have worked hard to change their lives).

JJ tells Theresa that he keeps making the same stupid mistakes, too. She tells him to stop being so hard on himself, that he's a cop now and he puts away bad guys. He says not everything is about work; she says he's not still beating himself up about Eve and Paige? He says no, he has made some new big mistakes. Theresa asks him to talk about it with her, to help get her mind off what she's dealing with. He says he's afraid to tell Gabi his huge mistake for fear of losing her. Theresa says she figures what he did, but will respect his privacy and not mention it specifically. He asks what to do. She tells him to own up to it before someone else finds out and tells Gabi. He thanks her and they hug as she tells him she's glad she was able to help someone, at least. He leaves, as she sobs. Really nice and unexpected scene between the two of them.

Chad and Gabi continue their hug in the park, then she tells him to take the rest of the pie from Mr. and Mrs. Bush and go home, while the Mystery Lady puts a death grip on Thomas' stuffed bunny. Chad goes to the square to order a bouquet for a special lady and be sure to add lots of lavender (Gabi's favorite), while Mystery Gal spies on him, clutching poor bunny.

Joey and Claire and eating together in the square. Jade keeps texting him, driving him crazy. She asked him if he wanted to "sext". He turned off his phone. He tells Claire he feels like he's being cyber-stalked. Joey says he has to break up with her completely. Claire offers to talk to Jade on Joey's behalf and he agrees.

Sorry folks, only got half the show due to some local news story that took over. Please feel free to fill in the rest.

A few highlights:

Brady finds Theresa in the church, they have another big fight, she is crying and he almost gets to her, then she slaps him and runs out, Brady stays and prays.

Jade finds Joey. He tries to break it off. She says no way, because she is pregnant.

Chad gives flowers to Gabi. She gets a text from JJ, leaves for his home. He stumbles with words and tells her he cheated.

Theresa goes back to the mansion, very upset, grabs a bottle of pills, takes them all with something from a flask. Then pulls out a white powder and cuts it with a credit card, not seen taking it but assumed.

I think there was more but missed some too.

I was really hoping Kimberly was going to tell Brady. I liked that Brady was picking up on Victor not acting quite right but Vic did fix that with his snarky comment. Brady and Theresa are killing me. I don't know how she does not break down when he is being so loving and supportive regardless of her actions. Theresa and JJ had me tearing up too. I had kinda forgot about their past.

What happened with Joey? Why is he so suddenly anti Jade? I didn't really like them but I did actually see something between them. I kind of thought they could be a good couple. Such a shocker. She's pregnant.:sarcasm:

When will we get to see Abby's face? And such crack Dimera security. She gets right in the house? I would think if security spotted Abby they would immediately contact Chad.

I sure hope the Brady, Theresa story isn't dragged out to much longer, it has me an emotional wreck. I have never cried watching a soap but I have to admit I actually lost it today. Tears, lump in my throat, nose blowing, the whole nine yards. Won't someone please come to the rescue, Kim, Shane, or Victor and arrange for Theresa to tell Brady the truth so he isn't so broken. I can't stand to see him in such pain.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you so much JS.....And Trop. Weird how TV gets interrupted everywhere for different reasons. I caught the end. I guess Claire talked to Jade first, trying to make her realize Joey wasn't responding, because she is coming on too strong. However, Jade was insistent they were o.k. And when she & Joey finally met, he said they would be breaking up. Nope, you can't, I'm pregnant.

Gabi was absolutely stunned with JJ fessed up to cheating, Theresa is falling apart in their bedroom, as she sobs, takes tons of pills, guessing it is booze in the flask, and cocaine or heroin in the powder she empties on to the mirror.

Chad is home, talking to Thomas, gets a call, tiptoes out of the room, enabling the person dressed like a Halloween witch to enter the room, clutching the bunny tightly, as she slowly walks towards the crib.

WOW! Such a powerful performances today from Jen Lilley (Theresa).

(Sorry. I get to giggling every time I type the actress' name. I have a friend with the exact same name as her.)

Um, Jade, yes he can break up with you. Just because you (may?) be pregnant doesn't mean he is stuck to you like glue. He only needs to take responsibility for the support of his (?) child.

For some reason I don't believe her. It wouldn't be the first time a girl lied about being pregnant to try to keep a guy.

With the way people are in Salem about their disguises, Abby should've just done this. No one would've recognized her.

8cc8b15ef06180f463f23ed9694a520a.jpg

I am thinking that on Monday, we will probably see at least a couple of the ending scenes???

Wonder why, if Jade was home for Halloween, & had so much "fun" with Joey, she did not mention then that she could be pregnant.

Anyone know when Jade left to go take care of the sick grandmother? Seems like it was months ago. I do hope she is either faking, or someone else is the father. We already have pregnant Chloe, just don't need another.

Joey and Jade: Ho-hum. Here's my problem with this couple I get the impression the writers don't really have a clear idea of who Jade is. When she first came on she was an annoying wanna-be "Wild Child" who was constantly telling Joey that if he wanted to "be with me you have to be on the edge." Then after the situation at her aunt's compound in California she seemed calmer, less abrasive. Sure she still had her issues but I was starting to think I would eventually warm up to her. Then poof! she disappeared.

Now she is back and apparently is now two steps away from being a full-fledged cyber-stalker and claiming to be pregnant. Okay whatever.

I don't hate or even dislike her per se I just find it hard to latch on to her as a character. So for that reason I find hard to care about her and Joey or their story. But that of course is just my very humble opinion.

St. Lukes: I found the JJ and Theresa scenes were quite nice. As far as her scenes with Brady are concerned all I can say is Just tell him already!! Oy!

Chad and Gabi: Okay, I know I've been fighting it but there's something happening here that's more then friendship. But the somewhat interesting thing about it is that on Chad's part and not Gabi's. I got the feeling that before she was interrupted by JJ's tweet Gabi was going put Chad in what is known as the "Friend's Zone."

But I'm not sure if Chad is really falling for Gabi or if his loneliness is just getting to him. If that's the case and I hope it is then from what we saw today that's not going to be a problem for him much longer. :)

Please writers don't have Abigail slink around in the shadows for a ridiculously long time.

Now getting to JJ and Gabi it makes me to want to :cry:!

I've said in other threads that I give JJ credit for telling Gabi the truth. I do believe that was the right thing to do but the way he did it frustrates me to no end. Because after hemming and hawing he just blurted out that he cheated. I appreciate that's not an easy thing to admit to and there's no guidebook but I think if he told her the whole story it have mitigated things somewhat. She would have heard him out yes would have still been hurt but I think would have been easier to forgive. But now whatever he says will probably just feel like making excuses to her.

I get why they did it this way because they are trying ramp up the angst quotient between JJ and Gabi. I get it but nevertheless it's still frustrating. *sigh*

Last edited:
JJ is sure to tell her the whole story, as Gabi has got to have questions. He prefaced his statement by reminding her how much he loved her, and would not ever want to hurt her, and how hard he took losing Abby and being so far away.

Here's my problem with this couple I get the impression the writers don't really have a clear idea of who Jade is
Why should they? Hope has decades of story and they don't know who she is. André as well. And when it suits them to change a character completely, they do. I liked Jade and she's fresh blood (something the tweenty-something set desperately needs!), but I expected better for her than a lame-o pregnancy drama.

I have no use for any further Jeannie T/Brady scenes, I do not need to see her doing drugs again, and as far as I'm concerned, she and JJ don't even know each other. This is another big tactical misdirection (which pretty much all of her story has been, in my opinion, sans being a designer) in the life of the Donovans' daughter.

Last edited:
Interesting show with confessions and half truths.

I was shocked when Victor told that story that Henderson saw Theresa drinking. I'm glad
Brady realized Victor has been acting strange. Then Victor had to say something mean about Theresa.

I enjoyed the scenes with JJ and Theresa. They could be honest with each other. Theresa mentioned Paige/Eve.

Claire shouldn't have helped Joey. It just made things worse when he saw Jade and she told him she was pregnant. I'll believe it when I see a baby :)

I laughed when Theresa was talking to god and having a dunk tank.

Interesting conversation Chad had with Thomas. He told him "What's happening with
your old man?" Feelings for Gabi????

Back