Days of Our Lives - Fri., Nov. 13, 2015

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Friday, November 13, 2015

An emotional, family oriented episode. Joey is walking in the square, evidently being followed. He meanders into the park, sees movement out of the corner of eye, turns around, whips his backpack across, hitting his father, who has been following him. They sit, and have a really nice father-son talk, as Steve explains exactly why he left Kayla & his son back in Africa, the danger, and how he thought it over. But evidently there was more than one person, the danger is back. He shows him the note he received. Joey figures they can face this and work together, but Steve notes that his mom said the same thing and no. This is on him, he will handle it. Joey leaves, Steve gets a text from his enemy. "Intrigued, aren't you".

Abby is trying to get Ben, who went out & returned with a beer, to let her loose. Ben refuses. Doesn't trust her. She says she did what he wanted with her call to Chad, then mentions other family members, who will worry, wants to call her mom. Oh, Ben was ahead of her there, he took care of that. (We see Jen getting a message "from Abigail"saying she & Ben are doing great, she loves him so very much. ) Abby gets another pain, but Ben isn't buying it, figures she is acting.

Chad goes to see Rafe, trying to enlist his help, explains how he thinks Abby is in trouble, the phone call. Rafe says there really is nothing to put out an APB on, Chad gets mad, will find her himself, if Rafe won't help.

Shawn is all over the passed out Bo, who comes to, argues with Shawn about calling Kayla, but eventually Bo agrees to go to the hospital, get checked over, if Shawn promises to go be with his mother. They go to the hospital, Shawn explains to Kayla, while Bo talks fatigue, sleep deprivation. She asks if anything else, Bo tells Shawn to go to his mother, he does, she knows Bo did not want to talk in front of him. Bo admits to being light headed at times, dizzy, and havving blurry vision at times. She is light hearted, persuades him to get into a hospital gown, couple of tests, MRI, cat scan. Either he do so, or she will get her two burly orderlies to help him, and it won't be pretty. LOL

Hope comes downstairs with her packed suitcase, Chase & Ciara are sitting, devoting themselves to their phones. She tells them to get going, they are due at Jen's. Chase obviously doesn't want to go, Jen is not his family, everyone just wants to feel good about themselves, feel sorry for the orphan. His father is a murderer, he probably is, too. Ciara jumps up to go upstairs, warning Chase not to put words in her mouth.
Hope collapses on the sofa, crying. Chase calls to her, then calls Ciara down. Ciara says she is sorry for her & Chase fighting. Shawn arrives, then Jen, who wants to make lunch for everyone. What do you have in the kitchen. Hope looks blank, they go in the kitchen, Ciara tells Shawn, see what I mean. Where is Dad. Shawn says he will be along, had a few errands. Shawn & the kids leave.

Rafe arrives to see Hope, she has barely anything to say, mentions the kids, then grabs her coat and is going to see about them. Rafe asks Jen about Abby, mentions Chad was asking. Jen says Abby & Ben had issues to work out, Rafe is just surprised Abby would miss the Gala, and then the wedding. Jen shows him the text she got a little while ago. Rafe leaves, but says to let him know if she hears from her. He leaves, Jen now looks a bit worried, sends Abby a text to call her, she needs to talk to her.

Abby has dozed off in that chair, hears a rattle at the door, opens her eyes. Chad comes in, sshhhh. He is whispering, kneels in front of her, all will be o.k. Ben appears, and the two exchange punches, with Chad evidently knocking Ben unconscious. Chad grabs Abby, still chained up, all will be o.k. She opens her eyes, yes, just a dream. Ben lays on the bed taking a nap. She gets a pain, calls to him, he jumps up, but actually, doesn't believe she is in labor. Figures she is faking it. Tells her she is good, but he is not buying it.

Chad comes into Rafe's office, apologizes for losing his temper. It was wrong. Rafe had faith in him, believed in him before. Tell me what I can do to make you believe me now.

Kayla sits with Bo, they chat a bit, she gets beeped his results are ready, she will be right back. She goes out, he tiptoes to the door, opens it a bit to eavesdrop. Kayla gets the file, reads, looks upset, calls Dr. Michaelson for a consult on Bo Brady's test results. Later, she takes a deep breath, opens the door to his room, he is gone.

Near the archway, Bo is walking, grimacing a bit, clenching and unclenching his hands. Along comes Shawn D, who explains about Mom having no food in the house, so he, Chase & Ciara went on a food run. Those two stopped to see a movie. Both agree it will take their mind off things, but Bo urges Shawn D. to get back home to his mother. He will be along in just a bit. Shawn D. agrees, says the food is getting cold. He leaves, Bo paces a tiny bit, and here comes Kayla, glad to find him, was worried to find him gone. Bo laughs, says, you know, when Steve hears about this, he is going to laugh his arse off. I survived being held prisoner, torture, drugs pumped into me. A plane crash. A motorcycle trip......and now my beautiful, lovely sister is here to tell me I am going to die. Aren't you?

I just could not do all the dialogue today, which was really done so very well, between all these various family members. The teasing, joking, the worry, concern. Nope, not a single "wish I could FF". Well done, in my opinion.

I am wondering why Jen hasn't been more worried about Abby since the last thing she said to her was, "Ben is acting weird." Maybe now, she'll call Chad and ask why he was concerned?!? After all, she's always so "connected" to her kids.

Thank you, Poirot. I thought it was a very good show today.

Still can't believe that wardrobe dressed Jennifer in that ugly ill fitting powder blue dress. What was with those sleeves? You could see right in them when she was sideways. Definitely not flattering.

I'm not really buying this story line that Patch's trouble has followed from Africa. If his family was in so much danger, he wouldn't have abandoned them there. Nope. Our Patch would've gotten them to safety first.

Hope, Bo, Shawn........I like how the actors made it seem like they have worked together every day without all of the intervening years happening.

Joey and Steve were really nice to see. Joey telling Steve that he could help, because he "almost took him out" when Steve caught up with him made me smile. It was also nice to see Joey with a level head, understanding the situation.

Same with Chase, once he saw how badly Hope was hurting, his attitude completely changed, and he seems more open to them getting through this mess together. I hope that lasts.

I am wondering why Jen hasn't been more worried about Abby since the last thing she said to her was, "Ben is acting weird." Maybe now, she'll call Chad and ask why he was concerned?!? After all, she's always so "connected" to her kids.

And at the Gala, she mentioned that the text from Abigail didn't have her signature. Why she hasn't mentioned any of this to Rafe is strange, to me, because she was concerned before. She hasn't actually spoken to Abigail and that should also be a red flag. Not to mention the fact that everyone knows what Ben did to Chad, and ended up with barely a scratch on him.

Jen does seem concerned at last, being she wants Abby to stop texting and actually call her.

As to Steve, he explained how the person was after him, which is why he went away, and managed to eventually eliminate the problem. Steve says he did not realize there was another person (he did explain that there are people who were not happy with him, whether from his time in the ISA, or, other ventures. He left Africa so Joey or his mom would not be collateral damage. He finally put down the thread, so came back to them, but now....well, what happened to Joey the other night was sending a message to Steve. And he intends to put an end to this threat as well.

I think Jen is most definitely concerned about Abby. I really would like to see JJ involved in this and helping Chad. She's not going to get Hope's help right now so someone else should be helping Rafe. That could easily lead to Jen accepting JJ as a cop too.

I enjoyed the family interaction with Hope and the kids and then Bo and Shawn and Kayla.

I'm tired of Steve only being in scenes with Joey, Kayla, Bo, Marlena and John. Can we please get him involved with finding his niece? Can he branch out a bit? Kayla has. 3 episodes now he is talking about a "threat" and we still don't know what or who that is.

Meanwhile, Bo is home less than 24 hours and already has a full diagnosis of an ailment, complete with instant MRIs and cat scans to boot. I'm not happy about the Bo storyline at all. I do not want the character to die if that is the direction this is going. And it seems it is.

Ben is a sicko and doesn't deserve to have a child after what he pulled today.

Edited to add: Anyone think the envelope Hope received at the end is proof she and Bo are still legally married?

Last edited by a moderator:
I just had to laugh at the address "Scuttlehole Road". I was glad to see today Chase warming up to them still being a family. It's still so confusing with the SORAS'd teens. All they keep saying is Bo was gone "a long time". And did Hope and Aiden date 8 years before getting married.

I cannot believe Jen doesn't seem concerned about Abby. This is not like her to just take off. Come on Mom! Worry!! Why didn't Rafe tell her that Abby called Chad and that it was weird. And Ben certainly does not seem concerned about the baby.

Rafe is a very good detective. Why make Jen worry if there is nothing. He was just acting casual, not to alarm her. He already was non commital to Chad, and yet asked the questions of Jennifer.

I do agree that Ben seems very unconcerned. But that is because he thinks Abby is faking the labor. Guess her water would have to perhaps break for him to get a clue.

I'm thinking there is going to be some type of technical glitch with the original divorce papers. You can still have divorce papers signed but not filed. If Bo does die, I think TPTB want them to be married at the time and this is an easy way to fix that.

Good idea, Heather. It would make her marriage to Aiden illegal, right?

I thought about that Insurance thing, needing her signature, etc., but.....(and this goes for the divorce papers, as well..........why is the letter addressed to Mrs. Bo Brady? It should be addressed Hope Brady, Ms. Hope Brady, or Hope Williams Brady.

Back