Days of Our Lives - Fri., Nov. 13, 2015

Steve gets a text from his enemy.
Only in Salem, right? I make sure never to give my enemies my phone number.
Tell me what I can do to make you believe me now.
Rafe & Chad's "bromance" is my favourite thing from the new writing regime.

Rushed to the hotel to catch the episode and found that the show airs an hour earlier than on the schedule I accessed. :( Sounds like a good show, maybe I'll watch it on NBC.com tomorrow.

why is the letter addressed to Mrs. Bo Brady? It should be addressed Hope Brady, Ms. Hope Brady, or Hope Williams Brady.

Hope is back to being just an added appendage to Bo rather than her own person. No wonder she's never given a fair shot at love and happiness post-Bo, by the show or the audience. Poor Kristian Alfonso (Hope) as well.

I, also, wondered if the mail Hope got was about the insurance policy since
Aiden changed name. maybe it was something to remind her that she loves Bo.

I'm hoping Rafe made Jen wonder if there is something wrong
with how Abby left.

Interesting dream Abby had with Ben and Chad....Will her dream
come true :)

I enjoyed all the family scenes on today's show. Especially when the members
made jokes. You couldn't help but laugh when Bo was talking to Kayla at
the end. All the stuff he went though to get home

I thought about that Insurance thing, needing her signature, etc., but.....(and this goes for the divorce papers, as well..........why is the letter addressed to Mrs. Bo Brady? It should be addressed Hope Brady, Ms. Hope Brady, or Hope Williams Brady.

Precisely. If it were the insurance policy or something to do with Aiden, it theoretically should have said Mrs. Aiden Jennings or Hope Jennings.

Hope had said she sent the letter to Bo's last known address. What if the Dimeras intercepted that letter?

I understood why Rafe was a bit skeptical even though we know Chad's right about Abigail being in danger, Rafe really does need more to go on then "I told Abigail to say goodbye if she was trouble and she did." But I got the impression that after he talked to Jennifer Rafe started to suspect that some was off as well. I was also glad to see a light bulb go off for Jennifer as well. But to be totally fair while it's been days for us in the audience it hasn't even been a full twenty-fours for the good folks in Salem. So it makes sense that nobody is in panic mode yet. But the important thing is it looks like what I think is the best gosh darned "bromance" on soaps (Chad and Rafe of course) is back on track!! :clap:

The Bo thing *sigh*: I'm going to refrain from saying too much about this until we see how it plays out but as of right now seeing where it appears to be heading it brings two words to mind. And those words are: "Hulk Smash!" :angry:

Last edited:
If it were the insurance policy or something to do with Aiden, it theoretically should have said Mrs. Aiden Jennings or Hope Jennings.

She would have had to change her name, though, and since he died on their wedding night, I doubt she had time to do that.

I'm thinking it's just something to add to her emotions- seeing "Mrs. Bo Brady" with Ciara going on and on about them remarrying.

Does anyone on soaps take the time to legally change their name? From all the couples I've seen get married or unmarried, it seems the name change is usually pretty instantaneous. One episode they are using their maiden name, the next a married name. It's no different than how the show ignores HIPAA.

Also, if you want to get technical, my marriage certificate has my married name on it even though I still had to legally change it later. So theoretically anyone could have referred to me as Mrs. immediately after I got married.

I'm just shocked that the press isn't camped outside Hope's door, making life even more miserable for her. She was almost killed on her wedding night by her groom and her ex-husband showing up. Tabloid heaven. They wouldn't have to show anything, just every time the door open people shouting "Hope... What happened? How do you feel?"

The Mrs. Bo Brady letter was dumb, in my opinion.

Pity poor Hope. Not only is she dealing with the aftereffects of the Aiden affair, but she's dealing with two problem teens (she's probably thinking: "I hate SORASing"), and now will have to cope with the miraculously-returned Bo suddenly being stricken with some mysterious soap disease. And with Dr. McScruffy pushed to the plot fringes and shorn of his facial hair, he probably no longer has the magic powers to save Bo as he did with his famous pancreas transplant. Over at the cabin, Ben is showing why, in a city full of fools, he goes to the head of the class. What did he expect when he kidnapped a woman who is in the late stages of pregnancy??? Sooner or later, he's going to have to take Abigail to the hospital or hustle over to the Salem Barnes & Noble to purchase a copy of Cabin Delivery of Babies for Dummies.

Thanks for the summary----good show today, all around. Really good acting, loving the family angle, and finally the whole Ben and Abby thing is coming to a close. I hope that JJ is involved in this rescue somehow; glad that finally Jennifer seems to be concerned. And I'm enjoying the Chad-Rafe angle.

Question here: Hope and Aiden were legally married so, aside from the DiMera debt, wouldn't she be liable and responsible for any other debts he accumulated?

Last edited:
I'm thinking like a criminal here. If some thug was so desperate to get Steve I would think a professional would go after Kala and Joe to smoke him out no matter what corner of the world he was in.

From what I saw, Bo's name was not on the life insurance policy, just the kids until Aiden changed it.

Abby is pregnant and having contractions, yet Ben is the one resting on the bed. He must not care much about the baby.

maybe I'll watch it on NBC.com tomorrow.

Good luck with that, Jason. I have to watch there and it is awful, even worse the last few days.

Did anyone think Hope finally found Don Craig's long lost mail? It's a good thing she didn't get sucked into the black hole mailbox, lol.

Still can't believe that wardrobe dressed Jennifer in that ugly ill fitting powder blue dress. What was with those sleeves? You could see right in them when she was sideways. Definitely not flattering.

I was wondering if anyone would comment; it is pretty bad. At least it is semi-sleeveless, which is a step forward.

That dress also proves I was wrong when I recently implied that there was really nothing copyrightable in fashion design! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

As for the rest of Friday, where do I begin?

When Chad burst into that cabin, I thought that it was perhaps the worst scene that I have ever seen on Days, and that's saying a lot. Making that amount of racket while Ben lay on the bed. Abby/Ben exchanging tenderness instead of disabling Ben, and escaping. What an enormous relief to have Abby awaken!

Jen's complete gullibility re "Abby's" text. :rolleyes: Thankfully, Rafe's expressions showed skepticism.

Could Chad have grabbed a couple of Dimara security persons to help him rescue Abby?

Doubting Ben would likely be able to feel Abby's contractions. :rolleyes:

Did Kayla mention a brain scan among the tests she ordered for Bo? I think he may be needing Daniel's considerable surgical skills. Fynn can deal with Abby.

It will be nice to have the weekend off! :drunk:

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone on soaps take the time to legally change their name? From all the couples I've seen get married or unmarried, it seems the name change is usually pretty instantaneous. One episode they are using their maiden name, the next a married name. It's no different than how the show ignores HIPAA.

Also, if you want to get technical, my marriage certificate has my married name on it even though I still had to legally change it later. So theoretically anyone could have referred to me as Mrs. immediately after I got married.
Not everyone, male or female, changes their name when they marry. Some couples hyphenate, or keep their birth names. Some people who aren't in a "couple" change their names for other reasons: professional, a whim, identity, safety. The gender of the couples, by the way, doesn't matter.

Back