Days of Our Lives - Fri., Nov. 14, 2014

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Friday, November 14, 2014

It is the middle of November sweeps month, plus it is a Friday, so why was I feeling I would doze off during the show? Probably because, except for 1 or 2 scenes, nothing was going on. Paige sits with her friend Daphne, talking about JJ and then her mom's disappointment at being unable to have the surgery, resume her singing career. Daphne has to leave, Eric has overheard a bit, comes over to introduce himself to Paige, saying her mother talked about her a lot when he saw her yesterday. Paige's imagination goes to work, she now figures Eric is the one whose jacket she saw in the apartment. When Eric mentions the proofs, and perhaps Paige could take them, Paige thinks it better if Eric does, good for her mom to have some interaction with her contemporaries. LOL

Chad is at the club again, Ben's nose out of joint, Chad claims Sonny busy with new club, and starts talking of Ben working there, urgining him, practicallty insisting. Ben just signed his apartment lease, it's 5 min. away, while new club all the way on the south side. Chad think it good opportunity for Ben, he doesn't, figures Chad wants to make sure he spends no time with Abby. Slight argument.

Abby & Jordan talk....about chad, Ben, Clyde, Abby getting her job back thru Chad, blah, blah. Both go to see Paul, who is being operated on this morning.
And in Paul's room, he is talking in Japanese with his agent, Daniel comes in, then Maxine, intros, the agent is all up in the air that Paul is back to normal, free agent, blah, blah. Jordan & Abby come in, Paul does his big time flirting with both, and finally is off to surgery. We actually are in the operating room, as Paul is put under with the gas mask. Daniel finds a bone spur that did not show up in the x-ray, but all goes well otherwise.
Groggy Paul is awake later, Jordan says they will begin therapy in a couple of days, when Daniel says o.k.
Out in the hall, the agent is babbling to Daniel about how surgery went, that they came to Salem for utmost secrecy, he has to recover fast, as the longer it takes, harder to keep the secret. Daniel tells the agent off, is not the pitching coach, cares not about the millions or the agent's 10%. Only that his patient heals properly, then stalks off.

Long, long argument between Eve and JJ, as she insists he break things off with Paige, that what they did was a mistake, but it would absolutely crush Paige if she found out, and not only would things end wtih JJ, but between Eve & her daughter as well. JJ wants to tell Paige the truth, Eve is having a double fit, finally convincing JJ that if he loves Paige as much as he says, he will do it. He wonders how, she stares at Jack's picture, saying JJ will think of something. She leaves, he picks up Jack's picture, stares at it. He gets a text from Paige asking if he is free. Yes, is at home, come over.

Aiden tenderly tells Hope he understands, this was too soon, he is sorry. He talks of how he felt when his wife died, retreated within himself, his son, his career...that was all that he concentrated on. The idea of talking to anyone about what happened, or saying the word suicide, just was unthinkable. And after all this time, he then met Hope. She is telling him quietly, how she has not been with anyone but her husband for years, and then he has been gone for over 2 years. She has filed for divorce, but right now....she is scared. Aiden is too. He suggests they just stay, play cards, watch cable TV.....or ...just check out now. He smiles, they have plenty of time to decide what they want to do. He starts to walk away, (they were sitting on the edge of the bed). She grabs his hand, pulls him back a little, caresses his face, and kisses him. He kisses her back, they fall down on the bed.
We see them closeup, under the sheets, some face, neck, ear kissing. And then he is pouring champagne into 2 glasses, they toast. Hope says she is so happy, and Aiden cannot remember being this happy. Kiss. Later, both in white robes, talking of taking a shower, she says she will need someone to help wash her back. He will be right in. She goes, we hear water running, he picks up a phone, is pressing buttons, then looking, and seeing the article about him on the phone.

Eric is with Eve, showing her the proofs, she is chattering away about how happy she was that day, how UP she was, and not to worry, all of that is now in the past. He mentions meeting Paige, lovely girl, Eve talks of Paige being the best thing that ever happened to her, and brags of how close they are.

Paige is at the door, JJ is staring at the picture of his father, puts it down, answers the door. Paige is smiling, but it is gone, as she realizes something is wrong. What is it. What happened?

Is there something ELSE possibly in this world that Ben and Chad can do besides argue about Abby????? Could they argue about football??? Favorite Pizza?????

Eve/JJ and Paige/JJ; how many times will this conversation be played out??? I don't care, tell Paige, she's going to find out; everyone finds out secrets, it's Salem. Besides, we know she excels at listening at doorways.

I believe I will miss this exciting Friday sweeps show and head to the store to get the ingredients for biscotti that I need to make for Christmas. I will let it DVR but won't watch live today. I don't need help getting a nap.

Poirot, you deserve a medal for watching this junk. What a snooze fest. How does anyone involved with Days think that this is all good story telling?

I only get to watch one day a week, and I hoped for something better than this. I ended up turning down the volume on my tv, and watched a Netflix movie on my Kindle Fire. I only turned the sound up when Hope and Aiden were on and during the surgery / Paul scenes. I love Hope and Aiden together. For me, their story line is the only redeeming factor for this show at this time. The Paul stuff is going to get really boring if it doesn't move along in a major way, too.

I've seen some real dud story lines over the last 49 years, but there have been a great number of very good ones. It just seems like the duds are coming more frequently and sometimes several at the same time.

If JJ only knew it, he has Eve right where he wants her. He should threaten to tell Paige everything unless Eve backs off.

Good point. JJ is holding the high cards. If he tells Paige everything, the worst that happens is that a college freshman romance ends, but Eve's relationship with her daughter will be blighted for a long time to come. Meanwhile, over at University Hospital, it seems Paul's agent learned his ethics from Stefano DiMera. Any team that wants to sign Paul will insist on a physical exam, and it won't be too pleased that information about recent shoulder surgery has been withheld. It also wouldn't be too happy to learn that the surgery was done at a third-rate hospital and was performed by a surgeon who's best known for bedding his patients than anything he's ever accomplished in the O.R.

Poirot: :clap:for sitting through this crap! And for not auto tuning out JJ, Eve and Paige:)

I was waiting for Jennifer to walk in during that entire conversation. And I still don't understand why JJ can't date Paige but I guess it spares us the boredom.

Eric introducing himself to his step-cousin's daughter as if she were a stranger? Yet he knows exactly who cousin Jeannie Theresa is?
:tsk:

If the show wants to do the bad girl/good guy thing with Eric, then they need to redeem him and put him back with Nicole. It does NOT nor will it ever work with Eve. Maybe they should try Melanie but not Eve. This is a where a pregnancy for Nicole would be a good idea if written right.

Hope and Aiden were great but I wish part of the conversation would have been Hope saying "I wonder what Shawn-Douglas would think". And I could have done without the special effects. I don't need to see flying bed 2.0.:rolleyes: Aiden was creepy at the end. I wonder if Meredith's death is a ruse.

Was Chad on? I tuned that out completely.

If the show is going to have characters speak in foreign languages, they need to show subtitles.

Good point. JJ is holding the high cards. If he tells Paige everything, the worst that happens is that a college freshman romance ends, but Eve's relationship with her daughter will be blighted for a long time to come. Meanwhile, over at University Hospital, it seems Paul's agent learned his ethics from Stefano DiMera. Any team that wants to sign Paul will insist on a physical exam, and it won't be too pleased that information about recent shoulder surgery has been withheld. It also wouldn't be too happy to learn that the surgery was done at a third-rate hospital and was performed by a surgeon who's best known for bedding his patients than anything he's ever accomplished in the O.R.

But, since Eve is older, she will hold it all over JJ's head, and he's too dumb too say he could do the same to her. I was gone today and think I'm glad I was.

Ewww... when JJ looked at Jack's picture I remembered Eve and Jack
being together. It's Salem, and that happens a lot

I was tired before I watched and I almost nodded off.

Nice to see Maxine. Was this the first time we saw her in surgery?

Maybe it's my age, but I don't understand Paul's story at all.
except that "save the day" Daniel gets to do his thing.

Did anyone else wonder where Hope and Aiden were when they were rolling
around? The clouds?, under the covers? was it suppose to romantic? and why
did they play music that sounded like Eve's

It was interesting when Paige talked to Eric and she wondered if he
was the one with her mom. Will she look at men in Salem and wonder
if he was the one until she figures out it was JJ?

It was nice to see Eric showing concern for someone other than himself. Nice moment when he asked Paige how to approach Eve about the pictures. Paige was so right that her mother needs friends her own age.

The Hope/Aiden love scene seemed a little too staged to me.

Maxine's reaction to Paul flirting with Jordan was priceless. She can say so much with just a look.

Paul's agent seemed to be pushing for a quick recovery. Seemed like Daniel didn't think that was going to happen.

Did you also catch the odd look on the agent's face when Paul asked Daniel if he could pursue his real passion, playing the violin (after the surgery)? Seems it was said as a joke, but something about the comment concerned the agent.

Poirot: :clap:for sitting through this crap! And for not auto tuning out JJ, Eve and Paige:)

I was waiting for Jennifer to walk in during that entire conversation. And I still don't understand why JJ can't date Paige but I guess it spares us the boredom.

Eric introducing himself to his step-cousin's daughter as if she were a stranger? Yet he knows exactly who cousin Jeannie Theresa is?
:tsk:

If the show wants to do the bad girl/good guy thing with Eric, then they need to redeem him and put him back with Nicole. It does NOT nor will it ever work with Eve. Maybe they should try Melanie but not Eve. This is a where a pregnancy for Nicole would be a good idea if written right.

Hope and Aiden were great but I wish part of the conversation would have been Hope saying "I wonder what Shawn-Douglas would think". And I could have done without the special effects. I don't need to see flying bed 2.0.:rolleyes: Aiden was creepy at the end. I wonder if Meredith's death is a ruse.

Was Chad on? I tuned that out completely.

If the show is going to have characters speak in foreign languages, they need to show subtitles.

Good gracious, I hope not Melanie & Eric! For one, she's too young for him. Secondly, she's no longer a bad girl. And thirdly, nobody deserves whiny Eric thrown into their storyline!

Anyways, thanks, Poirot, for the write-up--can't imagine how you stayed awake this whole time!
JJ/Eve/Paige--You mean to tell me that JJ was smart enough to blackmail Theresa last year, but can't blackmail Eve now? As someone said above, he just has to tell Eve to back off or he'll spill the goods and she'll lose her daughter! Also, why is Paige so curious about who her mother bedded? She's almost as nosy as Julie and Maggie! And a normal 19 year old would not want to hear ANYTHING about his/her parent's (parents') sex life. YUCK! I just can't imagine why the writers decided that this storyline should be the one that's front-and-center right now.

The Paul stuff so far does nothing for me, but since he's in surgery, that's understandable. I'll wait and see what he has to offer before passing judgement.

Hope and Aiden's lovemaking seemed a tad rushed, but considering how great their love story has been, especially to some of the other ones on this show, I'll let it slide.

Chad and Ben are very boring. It's just the same conversations over and over again, just like with JJ/Eve/Paige--I think someone above said that as well. I can't stand Ben anymore. And I'd much rather see Chad mixing it up with Clyde, Kate (which he has to some degree), Theresa and Eve than worrying about his annoying roid-rage employee and his own ex-girlfriend.

Other than the big Theresa reveal and the Kristen-Daniel reveal, nothing has been Sweepsworthy this month...as in the past few years (which were shockingly still better than this Sweeps period!), it's just November Sleeps...and how is this a Friday episode?

Back