Days of Our Lives - Fri., Nov. 17, 2017

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Friday, November 17, 2017

Good episode, although it really jumps around a lot, but the interactions between various people are really well done. Rafe has been called away from Memphis, back to Salem, some emergency. He is in the square, finds Gabi talking to Eli, slowly breaks the news that Will is not dead, that he is alive, Rafe has seen him. Eli watches & listens, comments he doesn’t know any of these people, but later admits to Gabi that he does know Will is his cousin. Rafe leaves, Gabi explains to Eli how it turned out Will fathered Arianna with Gabi, and talks of how Arianna has lost so much, but is a strong child, Will was a great father.

Paul is in the bar, leaving a message for Sonny, apologizing, & saying how much he loves him, hopes Sonny & Will are o.k., call him if he needs anything. As he hangs up, John arrives, a really wonderful father/son conversation ensues, as John is praising Paul for letting them all know Will was alive, but Paul stops him, doesn’t deserve any praise, is not a hero, had seen Will before everyone left Memphis, did not say anything for fear of losing Sonny, it was wrong, he cannot even ask John to forgive him.Paul tells of how Sonny wanted to go home, get married, but Paul felt Sonny deserved to know Will was alive. John points out this is where Paul’s natural goodness came to the forefront….he did the right thing. Marlena wants to see John at the police station, so he leaves.

And at that police station, Sami is bemoaning being arrested, the cop talks of her assaulting a woman, tells her Rafe has had to return to Salem, so, little lady, you are all on your own. NO, she is not announces Marlena, who enters, hugs to Sami. Mother & daughter get into a wonderful conversation, as Sami fills her in on Will’s loss of memory, Susan’s lies, how she decked Susan. Marlena admits she has wanted to do that herself a few times. Sami continues on with how Susan has convinced Will he is EJ DiMera, the tall, British accented husband of Sami. Only Will says ex-husband. Sami & Marlena are repulsed by the audacity of Susan, convincing Sami’s son he is her ex-husband. Sami talks of Will calling her names, berating her, Marlena reminds her of how much Sami hated her mother after seeing her & John together in the conference room, but they eventually got past that. Sami then realizes that real Will has done that, maybe that is how she can get to him, make him realize she is his mother. Marlena suggests perhaps she can talk to him, get thru to him, but Sami puts the kibosh on that. She is dissolving into tears as she notes her mom was very close to Will, and is a shrink, but Will is HER son, she has to be the one to bring him back. The cop has returned, hope she is paying her lawyer a lot of money, as her bail has been paid, he even got that restraining order lifted. Sami owes Justin. She rushes out, hugs her mom, is on her way to talk to Will.

John arrives, Marlena fills him in.

Adrienne is with Sonny in his room, he is whining and complaining, but mom has come loaded with common sense. Sonny talks of Will not knowing him, complete strangers, even mentioning his daughter caused no recognition. He thinks he is EJ DiMera! He rags on Paul knowing and not telling anyone, but Adrienne makes him see how torn Paul had to be, how scared, but yet, he did the right thing, didn’t he? She asks how Paul is doing, Sonny doesn’t know. Adrienne suggests that perhaps he needs to talk to Paul. Sonny agrees, leaves.

Will sits at his home, pondering all that has gone on. Susan comes in with a breakfast tray, yapping about making him a big breakfast, but Will doesn’t want to eat. He cannot get over all those people, insisting he was this Will Horton. Susan claims they are all on that mean, mean, mean Sami Brady’s team, and all want to get their hands on the DiMera fortune, which is Will’s legacy. She has always tried to protect him. But Will wants to go out get some answers on his own, Susan is stopping him, pleading. He talks of how they never watch TV, (except country music channel once in a while), don’t have a computer. Susan yaps about keeping his mind open, not filled with that junk on there. He wants to go to the library, use their computer to research his name, what would he find there that she has kept from him?

Now Susan brings in a couple boxes of mementos from when EJ was a baby. She is showing Will, telling him this is a lock of hair from his first haircut, the first tooth he lost, along with a big story about him not caring about the tooth fairy, wanted Mom to put the tooth back in. Suddenly, Susan has a premonition, it scares her, it is that mean Sami Brady, she is going to cause trouble. We have to leave. Will protests, he likes it there, likes his job. Susan figures they will just be on vacation, a month or so, return when all this dies down, he can then have his job back. He caves, agrees, she starts pulling clothes from his drawers, stuffing them into a bag.

Paul is at the bar, getting what looks to be a big glass of Coca Cola, he turns, and there is Sonny. The two stand looking at each other in silence.

Sami comes into Will’s room, sees the open, empty drawers. Oh, no, she did it again. She has taken Will, is gone. She hears Susan’s voice….”Will just take a minute.” As Susan comes in the doorway, along with Will, she sees Sami. Just stares.

LOL, and Sami, his MOTHER, who has been going on and on and on about HER son.....nope. has not a clue.......yet!

By the way, among the box of memories that Susan had, was EJ's birth certificate. She showed it to Will, pointing out her name, and his father, Stefano DiMera. Will asks why he can't see the date. Susan claims it was smudged by that little dickens who was constantly in the peanut butter, wanted it on everything, bananas, his fingers, etc.

True, however, in this case, I think she is perhaps hiding the year of his birth.....EJ would be a lot older than Will is.........

Notice in those box of mementos, no pics of little EJ as a young boy, huh? hard to explain how his dark hair turned blond, tho Susan seems to have an answer for everything, doesn't she?

Will had dark hair until Chandler Massey started playing him. All the other actors had dark hair.

carpentert.bmp

I was just saying that her lie could be plausible (if he had seen a baby picture) because Will really did have dark hair as a kid.

What I don't get is he seems to be shocked that Sonny said they have a child together, yet he asks no questions about the two kids he thinks he has with Sami.

Also, does he think "his father" Stefano is dead? Or maybe alive and in hiding somewhere?

I tend to fast forward a lot so I'm wondering if this was addressed and I missed it. Doesn't Will think it's totally off that he was married to Sami considering the age difference? Not to mention he seems to be living as someone that's even younger than he really is. I mean he should at least be a young adult and he's living like a teenager in him Mom's house. And I guess if Mom says we have to leave then off we go. This is just such weird writing.

I could see Susan convincing Will he's EJ but why tell him all of the history?

Wonder how Will got that job? He would have needed an ID and Social Security card. Wonder what age they gave the new Mr EJ Dimera (Will) on his ID? Seems like it would have been more effective for Susan to present him with a true copy of EJ's birth certificate to prove the life story she has been feeding him.

And why is EJ Dimera content to live with his "mother" (Susan) and work as a barback after being a famous race car driver and running the DiMera business?

But really, does he think he is EJ's age, supporting his "mother's" (Susan's) claim that he was married to Sami and has some kids? Or does he think he like a nine year old considering how Susan (s)mothers him?

I understand that Susan is keeping him from media and the internet but is he unable to create a timeline based on the life events his "mother" (Susan) has told him and does the job he works at never get a newspaper or have anything on TV?

Yes I know these questions have no answers. Just frustrated with the gaping plot holes though I am usually all about suspending belief.

Thanks, Poirot.

Finally, a new day in Salem and Memphis

Another parent/child day with Marlena/Sami, Adrienne/Sonny, John/Paul
and Will/fake mom Susan.

I'm enjoying the Memphis police officer.

Poor Eli, he was listening to Gabi and Rafe and had no idea who they were
talking about.

I laughed when Sami told Marlena, Paul was selfish when he didn't tell them Will
was alive. Really?? What about her?

Good Lord is Sami really hard to watch! Her selfishness almost outdoes Kate's! No wonder they started getting along! I hope this story comes to a relatively neat ending, because Susan is also getting on my nerves, and some of the plot holes and unanswered questions are getting a bit too over the top.

Also, I'm glad Rafe has gone back and briefed Gabi and Eli on Will. I bet others will be overjoyed after they hear the truth. And I also am pleased that someone told Sonny he needs to put things with Paul in perspective and stop being so hard on him. Hopefully Paul can stop being so hard on himself as well. He did the right thing in the end.

She POSSIBLY could have inherited some money when EJ died.....or perhaps Stefano paid her very well when he wanted her to agree to the artificial insemination in order to produce a DiMera baby.

Back