Days of Our Lives - Fri. Nov. 18 , 2016

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Friday, November 18, 2016

Tis the Day of Whine & Roses, as Jeannie T says her final goodbyes, while Lucas & Adrienne are trying to get married, amid much turmoil.

Lucas is in the square, on the phone with Jen, who is explaining why she & JJ cannot come to the wedding. He sees his mom, tries his best to avoid, but no one avoids the ever nosily insistent Kate Roberts. She is dripping sarcasm as she learns Jen cannot come, thinks perhaps it is a sign that all will not go well, perhaps they should rethink getting married. She evidently thinks Adrienne is boring, but Lucas says he was married to Sami, Nicole & Chloe, has had enough "flair" in his life. He throws back at her, the marriage to wicked Stefano, warns her to behave at the wedding.

Adrienne is talking with Kayla, has her jitters, Kayla is supportive, Adrienne rips her white stockings as she is putting them on, Kayla promises to go buy a new pair, is leaving as Steve arrives. Some good natured fun here, as Steve first notes their mother cannot come, is wiped out after her last chemo treatment. Adrienne is wondering if they should forget the wedding, and elope. Nope, he whips out his harmonica, plays 8 bars, tells her that was the blues, and she needs blue for her wedding. LOL. Kayla gives her a locket from Jennifer, containing Jo & Jack's pictures, which Adrienne had given for Abby's wedding, thus something borrowed. Well her dress is new, just something old now. Steve pops up, well, you got me. LOL. Adrienne is grateful he did not say her.

Meanwhile Sonny is talking to Justin, who is feeling bad over Hope's sentence, did all he could to gain leniency, did not work. Sonny thinks Justin is not over his mom, perhaps should try to rectify that, but Justin is firm in the fact he let Adrienne down, that Lucas was there for her when he was not, she has moved on, rightly so, he is fine with that. Sonny leaves, Justin has a flashback to when he begged Adrienne to marry him, using a cigar band. Both are very wet, bedraggled, he has a cut on his cheek, but he loves her and will always make her happy. (That is the only flashback he has).

Jeannie T. is with her parents in the Pub, (Kim has brought Tate, so she talks to him quite a bit) hearing how much they love her, while she is determined to be strong, praying to God to give her strength. Kim is gone, Jeannie T alone with Shane as he promises to do what he can, is sure she will get the goods on Mateo, perhaps in just a month or so.

Now she goes to pack her things, Victor sees her, and is very kind, understanding, promising to look after Brady. He even tells her how very proud he is of her, and what she is doing. She laughs a bit, who are you, and what have you done with Victor K....but she ends up crying, Victor holding her, before she resolutely pulls herself together.

Brady is in an alleyway, pondering all that is going on, Philip comes by, figures Brady is figuring how to oust him (Phil) from the company. Phil throws a few snarks at the obviously distracted Brady, who finally yells at him to just go away, leave. Phil is tired of being dismissed by family members, more snarks at Brady of his perfect life, baby, terrific fiance', causing Brady to rant away, spilling it all to an astonished Philip, who finds it just as hard to believe as Brady.

And over in the park, Jade is trying to convince an unwilling Joey that she is pregnant, his kid, he has to support her & the baby, her parents threw her out for good. Joey is disbelieving, she was on the pill, but she claims she ran out of her prescription when at her grammas. Joey has a fit she did not tell him, he has been trying to break it off with her, she keeps calling and texting him. She says he was there when the package was made, so should be there when it gets delivered. He runs off.

Back to the church, Lucas & Sonny have arrived, yes, Sonny has the rings. Steve has been concerned the florist has not shown up. Adrienne is all dressed, getting approval from Kayla. The music starts, Steve is sitting in the pew, texts Joey that the wedding has started, where is he. Kayla comes down the aisle. then the familiar strains of Here Comes the Bride begin. Joey has arrived, has to tell his dad something, won't wait, despite Steve's efforts. Adrienne is coming down the aisle, smiling at Lucas, as Joey blurts out to his father that Jade is pregnant, and he is the father. Over to the smiling Adrienne, Sonny, Lucas.........as Justin bursts in the door.......Adrienne, you cannot do this.

Shane & Kim sit in the Pub, holding each other, talking of their little Jeannie who changed so much when she turned 13, and now, they had her back, only to be losing her again. Shane promises he will be doing all he can to put Mateo behind bars.

Theresa is packed, satchel in hand, as Brady, from behind her, says ...so you are leaving. She straightens up, puts on her act. He cannot believe this, refuses to believe she has changed, there is something she is not telling him. But Theresa puts on her flippant act, claims she never really loved him, and as to Tate, well, his ex-girlfriend ripped that fetus from her body, so "I did not carry it to term, did not deliver him, so he really means nothing to me. Am not cut out to be a nanny". She flounces out, and out side sobs uncontrollably. Eventually, she meets up with Mateo, it is done, they can go now. He gives her a rose, assuring her it will be even better than before, a lot of fun. As they walk away, at the next table, Shane looks up, says into a hidden mike, o.k., they are on the move.

Brady walks over to the liquor cart, staring at the containers of liquor, the glasses. It seems as tho he is wrestling with himself, but, no....he angrily sweeps it all over the cart, glass shattering everywhere, as Victor comes in, puts his hand on Brady's shoulder. Brady turns, Victor holds him, as Brady sobs on Vic's shoulder.

Interesting that Justin has just the one flashback, since Wally Kurth (Justin) in interviews said there was a whole bunch of them, in one he said there were 13!

Kate was unbearable, I honestly wished it wasn't live so I could FF thru all her insulting remarks. But then, Adrienne did my heart good when she called her "the mother-in-law from hell."

Lucas noted to Sonny that he probably was remembering his & Will's wedding day. Sonny says it was the happiest day of his life. Lucas tells him then that if Will had lived, he would have been his best man, so it means a great deal to him that Sonny is there to do so.

I truly loved Shane....I hope he will be around for a while.

Wasn't even thinking of it being Jeannie T's last day when I posted the link to her Christmas song in the Donuts thread this morning.

Jeannie T and Victor's scene was heartbreaking, but beautiful.

I think Jeannie T's exit has officially outlasted her cousin Sami's exit. Both lasted much longer than they should have. Good acting by all involved today though. I'm having a hard time believing Brady would be this upset over what Jeannie T is doing to him though. He wasn't like this with Kristen or even Chloe.

LOVED the Steve, Kayla, Adrienne scenes. And all 3 of them looked great too. But really a white gown and a church wedding? Is this Adrienne's 3rd or 4th marriage? I think it's Lucas' 4th.

LOL at how everybody was at the courthouse for Hope but nobody was at the wedding. Kind of takes away the drama of Justin interrupting it. I know Jen has Abby but I don't believe she would skip Lucas and Adrienne's wedding over that. Nor do I believe Abby would let her. Come on now. Even JJ's reason was silly, especially since he just got out of the hospital.

We got a lot of mentions today (Bill, Austin, Billie, Will, Jo Johnson Scofield) but no mention of Adrienne and Justin's other 3 sons.:rolleyes: Same goes for Kim and Shane discussing young Jeannie T. They couldn't mention Andrew as well?

So sad to see Theresa (Jen Lilley) go. I really did come to like her. The scene with Victor had me bawling. Always throws me when Victor is kind to someone other than Maggie. It seemed that Shane has a plan, we'll have to see. Poor Brady. I hope he doesn't fall off the wagon though.

Wedding interruptous. Shocking. :sarcasm:

The less said about the unsavory Jeannie T.-Brady plot and the trite Joey-Jade nonsense the better. A few words on other subjects.

Shane thinks that Mateo could go down in month. Does he keep up with the news? Mateo is far more likely to be terminated by a rival drug gang than laid low by the hapless ISA or any other law enforcement agency.

Justin interrupts the Lucas-Adrienne wedding. Ill-advised perhaps, but at least he didn't shoot the groom like Will, shoot the bride like Carly, show a compromising photo of the bride like Kate, or raise a ruckus like the original Chad.

Lucas would put his money on Adrienne in a back-alley fight with Kate. Is he kidding? Once Kate unsheaths her claws the objects of her displeasure are lucky to survive. Just ask Chloe and Deimos.

Justin says he "blew it" with Hope's case. Yes, he sure did. Professors teaching criminal trial practice to Salem U. law students will probably use Justin's performance as an example of how not to handle a criminal case.

Justin interrupts the Lucas-Adrienne wedding. Ill-advised perhaps, but at least he didn't shoot the groom like Will, shoot the bride like Carly, show a compromising photo of the bride like Kate, or raise a ruckus like the original Chad.
Don't forget having Marlena show an x-rated video of the bride in bed with a local priest.

Or the bride's brother and sister coming in to say she lied that the groom was her kid's father

I swear the purse Jeannie T was carrying today was the purse Brady bought her when they started hooking up together. The one little Ciara drooled over.

It was. I noticed that too. I thought it was odd considering she gave the ring back.

Good point, JS. When the Salem Spectator society page reports on the Lucas-Adrienne nuptials, it will likely say that it was a dull affair -- nobody was shot, nobody showed a sex tape, and nobody was charged with disturbing the peace. In fact, given the track history of Salem weddings, everyone, even the priest, would have been well-advised to wear bullet-proof vests.

I swear the purse Jeannie T was carrying today was the purse Brady bought her when they started hooking up together. The one little Ciara drooled over.

I remembered the purse also and noticed how much the camera was on it especially when she was outside the K-mansion door.

Don't get me wrong, I love the new and improved Theresa, but is she gone? Please tell me today was the goodbye, I can't take anymore. Today was a three tissue hour. I really liked them together the way they are now and wish the would have recast Theresa's character so the love story could continue. It would have been refreshing to see the relationship grow to one so strong that nothing and no one in Salem could destroy.

It does sound like the door is open for Theresa, the character, to return. Probably when Tate is thirty and Brady living happily ever after with the final Ms. Right (Nicole)

My future would have Deimos gone, Brady the new head of Titan with his bride (Nicole), raising baby
DanielNicoleChloe with one of their own on the way.

Please, enough already. No more sorrows for Brady or Nicole

Brady already mentioned that something doesn't add up, so I wonder if he is going to figure it out because of little things Theresa did before she left?

Tate's book positioned by the crib, buying him a new shirt to replace him to small favorite, and the purse Brady gave her.

Last edited:
Kate was unbearable, I honestly wished it wasn't live so I could FF thru all her insulting remarks.
Not only insulting, but insanely repetitive.
I truly loved Shane....I hope he will be around for a while.
Ditto.
I think Jeannie T's exit has officially outlasted her cousin Sami's exit.
Yes, we are almost at Daniel Jonas levels. Very shocking for a 3-year character.
LOVED the Steve, Kayla, Adrienne scenes. And all 3 of them looked great too. But really a white gown and a church wedding? Is this Adrienne's 3rd or 4th marriage? I think it's Lucas' 4th.
By my count, Adrienne and Justin were married 3 times. Lucas 3 times also (he named them today as Sami, Nicole, Chloe). White schmite, I say. It's too bad one of them had to get married to have more than a 30-second Steve/Adrienne scene.
We got a lot of mentions today (Bill, Austin, Billie, Will, Jo Johnson Scofield) but no mention of Adrienne and Justin's other 3 sons.
Not by name, but they did talk about their 4 sons.
They couldn't mention Andrew as well?
Great minds, Heather.
Lucas would put his money on Adrienne in a back-alley fight with Kate.
Steve actually said this.

That purse thing is actually sweet. Though I still don't care about Brady/Jeannie T and never ever will. I don't feel bad for Brady. He'll be shacking up with another woman within weeks, to be sure.

This episode really dragged for me. I would have liked to have FF'd the Jeannie T stuff and the Kate nonsense.

I am a fan of Justin and Adrienne of yore. And I don't much care for the pairing of Lucas and Adrienne, though I don't hate it. But I feel nothing for Justin. It really seems like he wants Adrienne only because he can't have her anymore. The writing for all 3 of these characters has been atrocious.

When Sonny said to Justin, "come on Dad, mom and Lucas??" I jumped up from my couch and screamed "AMEN, SONNY!!!"

Today I agreed with Kate, no flair. The writing for them is really bad. I totally agree with you, Jason.

I totally laughed out loud at Philip telling Kate to stop playing candy crush. So funny.

A good episode even though it was filled with sadness.

Sad to see Jeannie saying good bye to her parents and Tate. What happened
to Victor? He hugged her.

Yes, that was the purse Brady gave her. Will he ever figure that out later she
kept it? At least, he sort of figured out there must be a reason she's leaving.

Kate's belt had a snake on it.

Poor Adrienne, she got the typical Salem wedding where someone has
to come in and say Stop.

Nice to see Shane and Kim again. I wonder how much money Caroline
lost the past few days since the pub was closed?

Back