Days of Our Lives - Fri., Nov. 20, 2015

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Friday, Novmber 20, 2015

A very, very special episode, with only 6 characters. Caroline & Ciara return home to the Brady house, after the party, Ciara commenting that although it was a good party, and her parents seemed to enjoy it, they still seemed so sad. They talk about Bo & Hope a bit, a couple of flashbacks from Caroline as they talk of Bo & Hope.

Steve is talking to Bo, telling him not to give up, he has to fight this thing. Hope Kayla comes out of the Pub, followed by Hope. Steve has told Bo he has to tell Hope, Bo knows he has to, asks Hope to meet him in the park, he has to go get something, will be along shortly. Steve and Kayla walk, talk, she is all upset, tried to get doctors to find something that might help her brother, she just doesn't want to lose him. Steve comforts her, she is going to leave, but he talks her into staying, and watch the sunset with him. She does, they sit on a bench, and watch. Eventually, she is holding his hand, and then putting her head on his shoulder.

And over in the park, Bo arrives with a burlap bag, telling Hope it contains their future. There is a ton of flashbacks as they talk, remember, tell each other how much they love each other, and finally, Bo tells her about his brain tumor, been there a long time, growing, and inoperable. Hope is having a difficult time taking this in, and they once again go on a journey thru their lives, meeting, the kissing booth (he brings tickets to the park now, she laughs) the birth of their baby. There are a lot, truly a lot of clips.
In the bag, he has brought a small oak tree, wanting to plant it there, where they first met, and where, in the future, their grandchildren and great grand\children will perhaps carve their initials in the tree.

Now there is a huge montage of clips, including being on the Fancy Face, wedding vows, etc. Caroline has returned to the Pub, remembers when Bo & Hope told her of leaving on their boat to sail the world, no plans, but will be back some time.

In the park, Bo wants to plant the tree, Hope says she will do it. They sit on the ground, remembering more from their life together, exchanging words of love. She is kissing him, he kisses her back, strokes her hair, his eyes close, his hand falls, Bo draws his last breath. Hope screams NO, no, no, don't leave me Brady, kissing his face, holding him.

Sorry folks, I could not name all the clips, as there were just too many flashbacks. It is a very moving, well done and emotional episode. The show certainly did well by the Bo & Hope love story...and this summary was very difficult to write.

There is a song being sung in background of the final montage of clips....I cannot live without your love.....we even see Hope ice skating in a couple of the clips. Hope is breaking your heart at the end, as is Bo.

Kayla kept saying she did not want to lose her brother, was glad Steve was able to find him, bring him home. Steve wishes perhaps he hadn't.....then everyone, including Bo, would not be going thru all this. But Kayla reminds him that if he had not, then Bo would have died all alone, and Aiden would have killed Hope.

No matter when/how Bo was going to die, it was going to difficult for his family. At least he had the time to see them all again, hug them, and they all will have that good memory.

Thank you for the write up. It was so difficult to watch. Yet at the same time so great to relive the Bo and Hope story, from their first kiss to their last. I cried I smiled and my heart cried out NO along with Hope.
The actors were outstanding. and the writers did a great job.

Thank you DOOL for this final chapter of Bo and his Fancy Face.

I don't normally watch the shows later, I can count on one hand how many I wanted to watch after reading the recap. I'll definitely catch this one.

I love that they simplified the episode to make room for all the clips and really gave him a true tribute. I'm sad that he went so fast, but it made sense so that Hope can finally start to be able to move on and continue her story.

Very beautifully done. My only complaint is Shawn wasn't in the episode, I feel like he should have been. I think my favorite part was Bo reminding Hope of the time he told her she couldn't be a cop- "can't isn't part of your vocabulary," he said.

Aside from the pacing of the storyline, this was my biggest complaint about today's show as well. Shawn should have been with Caroline and Ciara. He wasn't even in any of the flashbacks, even as a kid. I hope we get to see their reactions on Monday.

Peter Reckell (Bo) and Kristian Alfonso (Hope) both deserve Emmys for the past 2 weeks of work. This is the best work I have ever seen from Kristian Alfonso and I mean better than Zack's death which is saying a lot.

Today's episode was truly a well deserved gift for both Peter Reckell and Bo/Hope fans. THIS is how you honor a couple who was truly in love and respected one another for 30 years.

Perhaps Jason47 has a list of flashbacks he can share with us?

Back