Days of Our Lives - Fri., Nov. 20, 2015

In less than 24 hours, Hope went to the bicentennial gala, got married, slept with her new husband, had her new husband try to kill her, had her ex-husband get into the house and kill her current husband, been to the hospital, been home, took in her stepson, bonded with her ex-husband, turned down an offer to stay with her cousin, visited with a few family members, had some takeout food with family, had sex with her ex-husband, been to the hospital, talked to Rafe, been to a welcome home party, then had her last moments with her true love.

While it's no secret I have hated this whole Bo storyline. Hate how they threw Aiden under the bus. Hate how they keep having Hope apologizing for not knowing he was in trouble and not waiting for him. Hate how Bo has been portrayed as this can do nothing wrong hero.

But that being said, I did enjoy today. I did not watch when Bo and Hope were the supercouple so I have no nostalgia for them, but I did enjoy the flashbacks. Crazy to see them so young! And their scenes today professing their undying for each other and Bo finally telling her he was dying. I did cry today.

Heartbreaking with him dying in the end. Today was very good but still hate how they got here and it is so unbelievable that so so much happened in 24 hours. It is very sad too that none of Bo's children got to know he was dying. Going to be so shocking and devastating for them. Especially poor Chelsea who didn't get to see him, just speak to him. Very good show today but am kinda glad that it's over and Hope can truly move on now. I hope not that with Rafe, but someone that she can be happy with again.

IF they're going to go the Rafe route (and it certainly appears to be that way), they need to do it very, very slowly. I mean Aiden pace x 3 slowly. I don't want to see them jump into bed for at least a year or so.

However... I know Peter Reckell's (Bo) availability was very limited, but I do think that Victor, Caroline, Roman, and his kids all should have been let in on what was going on. John and Bo should have shared a couple of scenes. I get that Bo thought he had a few days, and that he wanted to tell Hope first, but didn't get the chance until literally moments before. It just seems like some of the prisoner scenes could have been done without in order to afford a better homecoming. Still done very well with what they had to work with.

I would have also liked to have seen flashbacks of the children. We got the one of Zack's birth but no Ciara or Shawn. They could have included an ornament hanging scene of Bo/Hope/Shawn/Zack and Bo/Hope/Shawn/Ciara. I wonder if any flashbacks were cut. Will be curious to see Jason's list.

I also felt we could have used a few less prisoner scenes & more family.... however......we have to realize that all this emotion that has been shown and expressed on the show by the couple had to be very difficult for them. And if that was to be dragged out even further, would have been more difficult. I do not think Bo wanted everyone crying over him. Look at Kayla, Steve. It was very emotional, what we have seen, for us viewers as well, the past week.
And @JS......all that you mentioned that has happened in less than 24 hours......and hey, the sun is just setting in Salem.

But that was very poignant & meaningful, as the sun set as well on the life of Beauregard Aurelius Brady, and the wonderful love story of Bo & Hope.

images

Last edited:
I really did love the flash back of Bo and Hope and their first wedding vows while they were saying the vows today in the park.
It was a tearjerker that's for sure, I too was surprised he died then and there in the park, but it was the spot they first kissed so it was a great spot to have his last kiss. So sad.

A great show today. I'm glad no spoilers told us when Bo would die. FYI, it's been six
weeks since Will died.

Ciara told Caroline she didn't want to be alone. Where was Chase?

I'm glad Kayla has Steve to give her support.

Since Bo died, will Caroline lose her psychic powers?

After Bo died, I remember the scene where Lexie died. She and Abe
were on the ground
in their rose garden. They leaning on a bench. Lexie was on the same side as Bo.
Which is interesting since Lexie's mom was psychic.....

I enjoyed the flashbacks and hearing Bo and Hope's old theme song

I see snow on lots of shows. I wondered if it symbolized something. I decided to look it up.
Here's the link http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SnowMeansDeath

Oh wow. Just finished watching. Such a beautiful tribute to a beautiful love story. I was crying NO! along with Hope at the end of the episode. Wasn't ready to say goodbye. I too wish for more scenes of family and less of the prison but I am grateful for today's episode. And I am so glad they just didn't leave Bo out there, with no explanation. Kudos to these writers for so beautifully repairing the past writers ridiculous send off for Bo.

Wow, they dragged out his captivity for weeks on end, then wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's back in Salem 24 hours and dies?
Yeppers, that's just long enough for Hope to be pregnant by ????.

Bo will be back when the actor needs the money or when he just wants to go to work again. If he is still waiting (as has been suggested) to be front and center again, it will be a long wait. Bo Brady, the heartbreaker, left the building a long time ago.

Last edited:
were on the ground
in their rose garden. They leaning on a bench. Lexie was on the same side as Bo.
Which is interesting since Lexie's mom was psychic.....

I enjoyed the flashbacks and hearing Bo and Hope's old theme song

I actually flashed back to John and Isabella. Her hand dropped in a similar way as Bo's did. Then John started weeping as he held her.

I enjoyed the old music too. I didn't realize all the old theme music is on YouTube.

Back