Days of Our Lives - Fri., Nov. 20, 2015

They just got really lucky there. I thought it was weird that they went from planting a tree to snow. I thought you didn't plant stuff unless it was kinda warm.

I didn't think about the planting time, since I live in South Alabama and this is the usual time to plant trees. What caught my attention was a tree that had leaves on it, lol!! Most people plant dormant trees around here, lol.

They do here, too. But perhaps Bo dug it up from elsewhere?? LOL. He did have a burlap bag, but then, heck, leaves are gone from all the trees in the midwest and up north, except Oak, and those still have leaves, but are brown. They don't drop til Spring. Gotta remember it is the thought that counts. :)

Overall well done. I might have done it differently (as others have said, included Shawn-D, Roman, Victor, etc), but I liked how it was done. Steve & Kayla were great.

Wonderful flashbacks. What really struck me is how much talent young Kristan Alfonso (Hope) had. Days really struck gold there.

In my fantasy brain, Bo came back to Salem weeks ago, Hope married Aiden anyway, but forgave and bonded with Bo. Bo dies, and she and Aiden can be happy together.

:sick::sick::sick:

Now having finished the episode, I can say WOW I love seeing old flashbacks. That is absolutely my favourite thing the new writers have done (whereas six months ago we were forced to watch flashbacks from earlier in the episode!!).

Peggy McCay...what a powerhouse. Is there a way for Peggy McCay, Kristian Alfonso, Stephen Nichols, and Mary Beth Evans (Caroline, Hope, Patch, and Kayla) to all get Emmy® Awards?

I also forgot how Bo looked without facial hair. LOL

Shallow root system?? Guess you would only need a trowel for that! LOL.
There were so many "little" things, but ones that were important. Bo gave the keys to the bike to Steve.
Steve told Kayla she knows full well they both still love each other.
Caroline told of how Bo whisked Hope away from a wedding to a man she did not love....on his motorcycle. (Holding out for a Hero was the music, even if we did not hear it....and I was not watching then, but love the scene of Hope on the back of that bike, wedding gown and all, speeding along)
I liked that Caroline told Ciara that Bo gave his mother a great gift, she got her memory back.
I really did like that the episode kept focussed on one thing, and only had the 6 characters.
I thought the scenes of Steve & Kayla, sitting on the bench, watching the sunset, were so perfect interspersed with the Bo & Hope scenes.

I do wish there was some way that the 5 of them (Hope, Bo, Steve, MaryBeth, Caroline ) could all receive Emmy's for their work in this story. And Especially this day!

I wasn't expecting him to die today. Didn't read spoilers if there were any. Knew it would be soon. Wow, I felt it.... more tissues please. Well written. Powerful acting.
I agree! I didn't realize it was going to be that quick. It caught me off guard, it took me a minute to realize what was happening, then the water-works started. I wasn't sure about Bo coming back but watching the past couple of days made me realize I missed him with Hope. Watching the old footage brought back so many memories. Very well done.

There's really little to add about this episode. As many have pointed out the plot leading up to Bo's exit had numerous flaws, but in the end, a long-time fan favorite who'd been kicked to the curb by previous writers got the emotion-filled exit he deserved. As for Bo's tree, perhaps Victor could arrange for a fine bronze bust of Bo to be placed in front of it. In the future, little girls could visit Bo's tree to wish for new things for their backpacks, young lovers could meet by Bo's bust, Salem U. students about to take a test could pat Bo's head for good luck, Salem P.D. detectives with tough cases could meditate by Bo's bust seeking inspiration, or future Rorys could smoke pot, drink beer, and chill out by Bo's tree. (Bo would understand. He always enjoyed a good time.)

Sorry folks, I could not name all the clips, as there were just too many flashbacks. It is a very moving, well done and emotional episode. The show certainly did well by the Bo & Hope love story...and this summary was very difficult to write.

There is a song being sung in background of the final montage of clips....I cannot live without your love.....we even see Hope ice skating in a couple of the clips. Hope is breaking your heart at the end, as is Bo.
The song was written by Peter Reckell's (Bo) wife, Kelly Moneymaker.

Do you think this was all so fast, at the end, because Peter gave them a time limit, on how long he would be there? I'm sure the writers could have made the story much longer, if he would have agreed to work longer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, he definitely had a time limit. Just as Jason Cook (Shawn D) does. But yes, that is why they stretched out his time as a captive. He filmed a bunch of scenes, they got inserted into episodes all thru September, part of October. Finally, when Steve located him, they both eventually managed to escape, had their little adventures getting back to Salem. And finally, he got back (I still don't know why he burst thru the living room door) and all the rest of the time only encompassed not even 24 hrs.

While I definitely was not happy with how long it dragged with Bo in the cell, and being tortured, I really give the writers a great deal of credit for managing to write the final several days WE saw, and have them somehow stuffed into just a few hours in Salem.

:cry: Omg,I didn't expect it to happen this way either!! I have to watch a day behind on Roku, and watched this morning. Loved the clips and everything, but I wasn't ready for him to go so soon, or like that! It doesn't seem fair, because he just got back. Then again, when it happens in real life, it isn't fair either. Never enough time. I'm really surprised they were able to keep it out of spoilers. I thought it odd they didn't say approximately when he was leaving again. The show just won't be the same without the hope that Bo will someday return.

Do you think this was all so fast, at the end, because Peter gave them a time limit, on how long he would be there? I'm sure the writers could have made the story much longer, if he would have agreed to work longer.

I think the show wanted Bo and Hope's reunion to be on the actual 50th anniversary. However, I still think they could have written this better to minimize Bo's time in captivity. If the actor gave limited availability for taping, they should have shifted his taping dates so that he had more time on the back end instead of the front end. The limitations were probably around his time in LA, not so much his actual tape dates.

You know, this is hard for many of us here, in more ways than one. Some of us have lost husbands, children, siblings, parents, best friends and this story brought it all back.
My sis had emphysema, was on oxygen at home. She became a sort of recluse, not even wanting to go outside to walk, as doctors ordered. complained about no fresh air. I drove 13 hrs to go see her, more or less kick her butt, to get her to at least sit on her porch. Long story short, 3 mos. later, she fell, broke a rib, went to ER, got sent home, died that night. It was unreal. We all have had this happen to our loved ones.
This is what happened to Bo.
I was not a fan of the character, but I did feel that his previous departure had not been dealt with in a good way. So I am grateful to the writers, and thank them for a really emotional, and fitting departure for a character so beloved by so many.

Ugh, here in Indiana, NBC decided to show Jared Fogle getting sentenced, grrr. Waiting until Monday, can't come soon enough

Back