Days of Our Lives - Fri., Nov. 21, 2014

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Friday, November 21, 2014

Eric has lunch at the Pub with his mom, scaring her for a few seconds when he tells her he is leaving, but he only means the Pub. He is moving into his own place, just a few blocks away. As he is later leaving the Pub with packed suitcases he runs into Nicole. Awkward moments, she asks if he is going on a trip, he says no, just moving a few blocks away, but won't tell her where. Doesn't matter. She wishes him well. As he enters his new apartment, he opens a box, takes out a photograph of a church, sets it on a very modern chest of drawers, then says a prayer that our Heavenly Father bless this place, and perhaps show him now what he should do with his life.

Paige is still in the park, talking with the inquisitive Daphne, trying to explain her mother, getting frustrated, til finally Daphne takes off, Paige goes home. She sends JJ a text saying she knows he needs his space, loves him, then suddenly decides she is going to go see him. Eve returns just then, and mentions seeing JJ, and again is talking a blue streak against Paige being with JJ, but Paige gets angry, tells her mother she & JJ are going to be together, they love each other, and there is nothing she can do about that. She slams the door on her way out. Eve mutters that oh, yes, there is something she can do.

earlier, Jennifer walks in on Eve & JJ arguing and wants to know what happened what night, what is going on. A bit of beating around the bush, Jen thinks maybe Eve came because of the the royalties on Jack's book again. But no, a bit more hemming and hawing, until JJ finally says that Paige found out about dad and Aunt Kayla, and was upset, Eve chimes in with it being partially her fault, as she was talking to Kayla about it, and Paige accidentally overheard. The usual back and forth "not responsible for what Dad did, yada, yada, JJ has said he & Paige are taking a break. Eve leaves, but not before firmly saying to JJ that they have said all they have to say to each other, and it is best for him & Paige to not see each other.
Jen sits and talks with her son, trying to make him realize that nothing his father did is a reflection on JJ himself, and Jack would be so upset if he were there, and saw that something in his life so long ago was affecting his son now. JJ is listening, tells his mom there is something else, and seems about to tell her what happened with him that is causing the problems.

Chad is at DiMansion, on the phone with Tad, worried that Tad won't keep quiet about what he overheard. Jordan comes in, Chad hangs up, small talk, but he tells her of his new job coming up. She is not all that impressed, realizing he now will be living there, in charge of "all this"....and suddenly additionally realizes it will be Co-CEO with Kate, and living there with her. She knows Kate will be out to say bad things about her, Chad says not to worry, he can handle Kate. Yeah, that's what Rafe said, too, replies Jordan. They have a date for dinner later, the announcement will be in a few hours, they can celebrate.

Chad is on the phone with a board member, evidently having a talk about the future of the board now, and Sonny arrives, angry because Chad did not tell him of this new phase in his life. Chad tries to play it down, but Sonny is mad. They own 2 clubs, are partners, Chad is his best friend, but did not tell him. Chad thinks Tad told Sonny....and now Sonny has even more of a fit. You told TAd, and not ME? No, Tad happened to overhear a conversation. Sonny is not appeased at all.

Earlier, at the club, Sonny is calling Will, leaving another message, Victor has come in, hears him, and when Sonny hangs up, tells him his marriage is in trouble. Sonny doesn't think so, but victor points out that Will is not returning his calls or texts. Sonny claims Will is busy with his daughter, helping Sami & all the kids adjust to life elsewhere, and no longer having their father. He is in no mood for Uncle Victor's lecture, so Vic gets down to the point. He tells Sonny he knows he now has the two clubs, so exactly how much in debt to Chad is he.

Marlena runs into Jordan at the hospital, where Jordan is leaving a phone message for Chad. They talk a bit about Chad, that good news is coming his way. Marlena thinks he deserves some, had a really bad time. Mentions how he took a bullet for his brother, who is now dead and Chad is mourning him. She notes that Chad was never in the forefront, like his father, brother and sister, but that will probably change, noting the DiMeras have hurt a lot of people in this town. Jordan remarks.."including you". Yes, replies Marlena, and my children.

Maggie has been flitting around, running into Paige, having a few words, asking if JJ got his money clip back from Daniel, then getting a call from Daniel who wants to meet her at her house. They do, seems Daniel Knows Jennifer is returning today, and though everything is over for them, wants to see Jen once more, tell her he is sorry for things he said to her, wish her well. Maggie will give the message.

Nicole runs into Daniel coming out of The Hourglass where he just bought a blue balloon. Must be a pretty sturdy one, because he is challenging her to a game of Dodge ball in the park, going to pay her back for the football game and being injured. She laughs, agees, both talk of missing having a friend, glad they are, and how he knows she was trying to help. Later they meet up in the park, toss that balloon back & forth a lot, have a lot of fun. She ends up jumping on his back, they are laughing, horsing around, she wants that balloon (tho she calls it a ball, I think) , he shakes her off, she jumps back on, down they both go, she is laughing a lot, but Daniel is knocked out. She gets serious, rolls him over, straddles him, tapping his face, calling him. Suddenly he is awake, laughing over faking her out, a bit more wrestling around around, as now she is on her back, he is straddling her, grabbing her hands while she is punching/pushing him, pinning them down. Uh, oh, up close and personal. Faces close. Laughter stops.

Maggie rushes to answer the door, murmuring, who the heck is that now. She opens the door to find a grinning Melanie! Big hugs, but over her shoulder, Melanie drops the grin, looks a bit down.

She opens the door to find a grinning Melanie! Big hugs, but over her shoulder, Melanie drops the grin, looks a bit down.

Where's that hitman who took out Mayor Marino on the Dimera doorstep. Maybe he could put a bullet in Melanie before she makes it inside. Never a sniper around when you need one!

I honestly don't think there has ever been a character return I've despised more than this. EVER! Come to think of it, I don't think there's ever been a time when I've been opposed to a character returning.

I can't recall whatever Melanie did to make her a more despised returning character than, say, Kristen. It's her Dad and egg-Grammy that are the annoying characters, fawning all over her like she's a baby.

I guess I could stand a Nicole-Daniel pairing.

Gang, is it me or is Paige's continued fixation on her mother's one night stand more than a little, oh I don't know what's the word....yucky? :confused:

I have to say that I actually got a hearty chuckle out of Nicole and Daniel's antics today. From what I've seen so far "fun" and "light-hearted" are not words usually used to describe scenes featuring these two, so it was nice to see. I think I'll put them down in the "maybe" column for potential pair-ups I can get behind.

And finally, I don't want to jump to conclusions here, but I'm getting the distinct impression that cryin4days is not happy about Melanie's return. But I could just be imagining things. :)

LOL, I think that is what Daphne was trying to tell Paige as well.
And just wait until Paige remembers exactly what Maggie said." Did Daniel give JJ back the money clip he left in Daniel's jacket when he borrowed it? "
The wheels are going to be spinning so fast, smoke will be coming from her ears. LOL

Gang, is it me or is Paige's continued fixation on her mother's one night stand more than a little, oh I don't know what's the word....yucky? :confused:
It sure is. You'd think that Paige would run as far and fast as she could from the subject of Mommy Dearest's bedroom antics. Also puzzling is Eve's and Jenny's excessive interest in the love lives of their children. They bring new meaning to the term "helicopter parent." Speaking of Jenny, it's too bad she was exchanging sharp words and dirty looks with Eve and not strolling in Salem Park. The sight of the Love Doctor and Nicole sharing a playful moment would surely have resulted in a volcanic rant sometime down the road. All those who like to hang around Maxine's nurses' station might have been treated to quite a show.
'

I honestly don't think there has ever been a character return I've despised more than this. EVER! Come to think of it, I don't think there's ever been a time when I've been opposed to a character returning.

Actually, I felt that way when Jennifer walked in the room yesterday.

Miss Prissypants Jennifer is back to her old self. I just can't take her anymore. She needed to be gone longer. I actually was hoping the cat would come out of the bag today just so I could witness Jen's head explode. That's about the only thing worth looking forward to with this story. And I totally agree about Paige's obsession with her mom's sex life. I FF'd her scenes with that other girl, who looks too much like Paige, by the way. Bad casting in my opinion.

I just can't take this little 10x10 room for the DiMera mansion. I understand they wanted to drop the living room set to make room for other sets since Sami/EJ are gone but it's just ridiculous. I would have completely gotten rid of the DiMera mansion set and just showed Chad and Kate elsewhere in Salem. Speaking of sets, apparently Eric and Ben live in the same apartment, er building. :rolleyes:

Daniel and Nicole were cute. I wish I could trust this to go somewhere meaningful but I just can't. I'm willing to give Melanie a shot but she's certainly not one of my favorites.

Thanks for the summary.
Y'all--I totally agree about Paige's concern with her mom. I'm guessing that the writers, since they have the parents meddling in their kids' love lives, wanted to return the favor.

The new DiMansion set is too small...it's making ME feel cramped, and I'm not even on the show! I have claustrophobia, and since I'm 6'4", I often don't have much room to maneuver in tight spaces or places where there's a lot of people around.

The Sonny stuff sounds like filler...actually, the entire episode does.

Cryin', I'm shocked that you despise the return of Melanie even more than the constant return Kristen has had, or for that matter, Jennifer returning yesterday/today. I like Melanie; I blame the bad writing on what happened in her final year. Her relationships with Dario and Chad, while tolerable, didn't make sense and went nowhere. I'm hoping she is far more interesting now.

Cryin4days would you like Melanie better if someone else was her daddy :)

I like Melanie... go ahead and hit me with the blue ball...I hated
dodge ball in school. I was picked last and hit the most since there
would be four or more balls flying.

I wonder how long it's going to take Paige to figure out all the clues
about JJ. Hopefully, before next sweeps.

I thought it was interesting Maggie said Parker would be gone awhile
and Daniel can come over for dinner.

I don't like the new DiMera set either. I wonder how far the study/library
is from the living room since Jordan got lost.

I just posted this in another thread but we've gone months now or even years with most of Salem not having a place to live. And all of a sudden in the span of a week, Ben, Eric and even Jordan seem to have new apartments? And with all the talk of Clyde getting a place, it sounds like he will be next. :rolleyes: And I don't like the Dimera set either. Chad should have sent Kate back to her never seen, perennial suite at the Salem Inn and then gotten his own place away from the DiMansion. That would have been more plausible.

I tuned out Jen, JJ and Eve. So sad because I used to be a big Jennifer fan.

The only thing I enjoy about this Nicole and Daniel filler is the fact that Nicole actually looks better in the workout clothes than she does in those mini dresses. But I did like her black heels though.

I wish Victor had bought out Chad's part of Club TBD. Sonny is way too gullible with Chad.

Marlena's jacket is way too 1986. And didn't Jordan call Marlena by her first name last week? Today she called her Dr. Evans.

Eve, Paige, Daphne, and Jordan can all leave Salem anytime now.

Was Rafe even on this week??????? :angry:

Katmouse, you raise a good question about how long it will take Paige to figure out the clues about JJ, If you throw in the big clue Maggie inadvertently gave her today I figure it would take a child of four to put it all together in about five minutes tops. So I say give Paige 8-to-9 months to figure it out and then she'll give up and bring in the child. :)

I am glad to see Melanie back. Hopefully, she is more mature after two years in Europe.

One thing I have noticed lately is that more of the cast is being used. It is nice to see Adrienne, Lucas, Maggie and Victor more often. Hopefully the show will not go back to letting one or two characters eat up all the screen time.

There have been many near misses in the reveal of the Eve and JJ secret. It will be interesting to see if Paige puts the pieces together.

Victor is the biggest meddler in Salem. He tries to manipulate circumstances to get the results he wants. Not quite sure what his purpose was in calling Shane about Theresa's near miss.

I was in Orlando on lunch break during this episode, and I got to watch it fully live (in my local area it's delayed a half-hour), and that's the most exciting thing I can say! I only watched the last 40 minutes - but I didn't miss a thing!

I'm right there with cryin4days about the return of Toddler-Woman. I've never liked her. I think the actress has talent but the way the character is written/directed stinks. At least when Kristen returns, Eileen Davidson plays the heck out of the role. (Also, I loved Kristen once.) Same for Jennifer. Liked her once, and that gives me hope that someday I'll like her again. But Melanie is like Pam on Dallas for me, I know I'm supposed to like her, but I just can't.

Sonny's poor business choices don't really interest me. Why can't he & Will be solving a mystery or looking for a prism or something?

I too am shocked at the number of new sets we're seeing. I hope they keep this up. In fact get rid of the square altogether, I say. Auction it off, piece by piece, raise some cash!!

Nicole & Daniel: I hate Daniel. I love Nicole. The dodgeball thing was...well - kinda stupid. But it was good to see Nicole smile.

And I'll say again, shouldn't Jennifer be gone?

Back