Days of Our Lives - Fri., Nov. 21, 2014

I liked the Salem Place set as well and actually think it creates storyline potential as folks could get part time jobs there, offices could be located there and perhaps Sonny could open a club there.

However, I'd prefer to see Hope's house set and maybe Aiden's as well. And John and Marlena's townhouse before all these newcomers get their own sets.

The neat thing about Salem Place was that it was really outside (I was there). It was very small, though, so I don't think offices would have been able to be accomodated. It had one glass enclosed small area for Ballistics, so you could see window displays, but that store was changed to a jewelry store, Bridal shop, etc, whatever, as needed. There were double doors on the one side near the back, (the exit doors from the NBC tours) which served as the doors to the movie theater, back wall had a pay phone, lol. Next to Ballistics in front was Johnny's Burgers, where Nicole first worked as a waitress. Just a window thru which the waitress ordered, then received the plates, or bags to go. There were a couple of tables for 2 in front of that place, so they could pretend to be just having coffee at a coffee house, or eating from Johnny's. The sidewalk was right there, so they could make good use of bumping into friends, etc. And right scross the street, a large park.
Alas, that entire outside set was dismantled, taken away, and next time I was there, was just a 3 sided cement walled enclosure. The door still there,of course, but have no idea now what they use it for, if anything other that entrance and exits for employees.

Now that I've finally watched...

I liked that Jen told JJ that he was her son and that nothing would ever change that, although I wish she would align her actions with that a little better. The one thing I still like about Jen is that she won't reject her kids no matter what, though I think she could use some chats with Marlena about how to actually be an effective parent instead of whatever the heck it is she thinks she's doing. (I also wish she had said "son" instead of "boy." Her tendency to treat JJ like he's seven years old doesn't help anything.)

What I didn't like was Eve and Jen's fight, not just because of Jen's reaction but also because I swear I saw Eve regressing into teenage hood before my eyes, except she was stronger as a teenager. The way she said to Jen, "It wasn't intense," was like she was another one of Jen's wayward kids trying to defend herself from getting in trouble. That was ridiculous. Also, I think I could have done without the 150000th rendition of, "JJ will never be around Paige and I'm seeing to it!" after her 15000th fight with Paige over JJ. This awful JJ/Eve pairing has changed nothing storywise. Eve is still in between a very-much-committed-to-each-other JJ and Paige. The only thing that's changed is JJ has a reason to feel guilty.

Also, Jen and Eve are once again more alike than different, with Paige telling Eve to stay out of her business and JJ telling Jen not to go talking to Paige about his.

I wish JJ would just tell Jen what he did, then tell Paige, then go tell Daniel and let's get onto something else, but of course that is not what is going to happen. I wonder if next JJ will tell Jen he was drinking that night and when Daniel shows up to "clear the air" (why, Daniel, why??? She did you a favor by cutting herself out of your life) she'll accuse him of providing JJ with alcohol. Hopefully JJ won't overhear any fight over him between Daniel and Jen and conclude that he should avoid Daniel because it's his fault that Daniel and Jen have broken up. :rolleyes:

YAY for Melanie coming back!!! I am super excited about seeing her, plus maybe she'll keep Maggie occupied so Maggie stops running all over town trying to find out if Daniel gave JJ his money back. I don't understand why that's even any of Maggie's business, and I certainly don't get why it is such a big emergency that she has to ask everyone she knows. Did she remember to ask Daniel when he came by? And what is this about Parker being with Chloe fulltime all of a sudden? I can only hope it's because they're trying to cast a different kid to play Parker; that truly came out of nowhere and made no sense.

Incidentally, Paige should have already known Daniel gave the money back to JJ, as she came out of the bathroom and stared at them exchanging it.

In re: Parker. Yes, first Parker was coming home, Daniel was all excited, and next thing, he is staying with Chloe all the time.
I have given Shawn Christian a great deal of credit for being able to ad lib so well during any scenes he has with Parker, inasmuch as he rarely gets any sort of verbal response from the kid.

Cryin4days would you like Melanie better if someone else was her daddy :)
Nope, because being the spawn of Daniel and Carly wasn't the start of the problems with this character. My problem with her started when TPTB attempted to make her the desire of every breathing straight male under 30 in Salem. She literally had a different guy every year and sometimes more than one at a time. Add to it the toddler-ish way she started to babble out sentences with a finger in her mouth. Then Maxine shows up when Melanie decides she wants a career in nursing :rolleyes: and becomes head cheerleader only second behind daddy dearest and Grammy Mags. My dislike for this character would be the same regardless of who her dad was.

ETA:
Cryin', I'm shocked that you despise the return of Melanie even more than the constant return Kristen has had, or for that matter, Jennifer returning yesterday/today.
The difference is DaysD, I actually love the character of Kristen. Her last return left a disgusting taste in my mouth only because she spent 95% of it with Daniel. I enjoyed her last 2 days of scenes with Theresa and Brady because those are the people it would've made more sense for her return to be centered around given her continued obsession with Brady. I also like Jennifer, just not with Daniel.

Back