Days of Our Lives - Fri., Nov. 7, 2014

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Friday, November 7, 2014

Good day to take a nap, although you might want to be awake for the last scene. Lots of little scenes. Victor meets up with Kate in the town square, chides her for hanging around with that hillbilly, who has a corn cob pipe. He tries to get her to dump DiMera Enterprises and come back to Mad World. She is happy where she is. Now Vic goes to see Sonny, giving him a kindly and grandfatherly talk about Will being out in CA while Sonny is here, urging him to go visit, and talking of Will having a lot of ambition. For such a young writer, he already hit two out of the ball park with his articles, and now is doing a screen play.

Meanwhile, Chad sits with Kate, talking over their plans. She tells of purposely taking Stefano's bait (those no good share) bought them, and so Stefano is going to get comfortable and sure of himself, and then they swoop in and put the final nail in his coffin. She is supposed to be meeting someone else, but he is late.

Sonny arrives at the club, reams out Ben for getting into a fight with Chad, they mention Abigail, tho Ben talks of Chad seeing his sister. Sonny says she is a big girl, and if she wants to see chad, it is her business. Ben realizes he is right. Sonny warns him that they are building another club on the south side, will be busy, Chad will be in and out. And if Ben cannot control himself around Chad, perhaps he should look for another job.
Meanwhile, Chad is at the hospital, telling Kayla that the board has reversed it's decision, and yes, he is taking the family seat on the board, thought it unfair Abigail lost her job, so she has it back, & Kayla should tell her.

Daniel comes to the hospital, is pestered by Anne that his new patient is waiting, but first Daniel has to sign a confidentiality agreement. Dan bristles at that, he is a doctor, all patients fall under this, but this one is special. Anne ushers him into Paul's room, who evidently is a famous baseball player, a torn rotor cuff, and being a free agent now, no other team can get wind of his situation. Anne does a lot of bowing and scraping before she leaves. Dr. Dan assures Paul all will go well, and they have a great PT person, Paul wants to know if she is pretty. Dan says she is a very good therapist. Later, Kayla comes in, Paul figures she is the therapist, is already flirting but Kayla lets him know she is Dr. Brady. Uh, oh, Chief of Staff. Paul apologizes, she says Dr. Dan is the very best.

Eve wakes up, is flashing back to rolling around with JJ, realizes it is not a dream. She is verry upset over it all. Paige is calling JJ, wants to meet with him. He suggests she come over there. Abby comes in, JJ whines about his problems, only telling Abby that Paige knows about Dad & Aunt Kayla, wanted to talk to him, and he reacted badly. Abby asks how she found out. He thinks Eve told her, he doesn't know. Abby leaves, goes to see Eve. Paige is gone, Eve has been trying to text JJ not to say anything to Paige. She must never know. Battery dead, plugs it in, lets Abby in. yada, yada, about Eve telling Paige about Kayla & her dad, yammering that JJ is completely different, blah, blah. Eve finally tells Abby to leave, she does, but warns Eve she will tell her mom about her trying to sabotage JJ.

Meanwhile, Paige has come over to see JJ, is sorry for how she acted, she knows this person was trying to lead her astray in re: JJ, but Rory set her straight. She is sorry, knows JJ is a wonderful person......and more of the same. They both love each other, hugs.

JJ has gone to see Daniel, who asks him for his key back. Tells him it was a mistake, informs him that things are over with his mom, and it is final. That he did something, a mistake, and he also realizes he has to respect her wishes. He wants Paige's key as well. JJ asks what happened, but Daniel says if your mother wants to tell you, that is up to her. But I cannot. But just don't make the mistake I did, one from which there is no going back.

Paige goes home, talks to her mom, is sorry about last night, wishes she had been there for her mom, knows it was a big blow, etc. etc. She has now talked to JJ, tells her mom about overhearing her and Kayla talking, and has now talked to JJ about it. This is huge for his family, no wonder he was upset, she loves him, and tells her mother that the 3 of them will have to learn to work this all out together. Eve has really nothing to say, just nods, understands. When Paige leaves, she calls JJ, we have to talk, privately, NOW. JJ agrees.

Abby meets up with Kayla, they talk about Paige learning what happened with Jack & Kayla so many years ago. Kayla wishes she had a chance to talk with JJ, she could see he was troubled. She gives Abby the news that she has her job back. Ben walks in, hearing this, and definitely thinks she deserves it.

In his bedroom, Clyde wakes up, is half asleep, but reaching across to the bedside table, feeling around. A voice asks "is this what you are looking for". And there sits Jordan, pointing a big gun at him. They go back and forth about how Mama died in the accident, with Clyde again accusing her of killing her mama. Jordan denies it, but wants him to tell her all, and the truth. He wants the gun back, but she cocks it, is going to do what she should have done long ago. More pussyfooting around about her forgetting her name, taking his son away, not telling Ben how mama really died, and beating around the bush. Clyde has gotten out of bed, is sitting on the foot as he talks, stands up. She is talking of him beating Ben, her, that his mistreatment started long before Mama died, and they all were victims. He is talking of being sorry, that he was wrong......she is getting angry. Sorry? Wrong? I was 15 years old, you *******. It was RAPE.

Daniel getting the key back because JJ was drinking in his apartment would have been okay. Listening to Jen about this is not. JJ's need for Daniel in his life has not changed, and this lie the show keeps perpetuating that Daniel only cares about JJ as a favor to Jen has got to go :angry:

Thank you, Poirot. This was my only day to watch the show, and most of it was a snooze fest.

There were a few bright spots for me. I enjoyed Victor's conversations with Kate and Sonny. The Kayla and Paul scene was cute. Looks like he's going to be a big flirt and player. I also enjoyed Kate's talk with Chad. I'm still not sure who he's really trying to take down.

I was wishing that Jordan would just pull that dang trigger already.

Eve/JJ/Paige is just getting too weird and creepy. Days can also stop the looping of Paige and JJ apart, together, apart, together any time. I tend to zone out during that.

The whole Chad/Abby/Ben stuff is stupid. I wondered how long it would take for Chad to see to it that she got her job back. Chad and Ben constantly fighting has gotten old. Chad needs to just make up his mind to either go after Abby or Jordan.

I really missed not seeing Rafe, Hope, Aiden, Marlena, and John today.
I definitely didn't miss Kristen, Brady, or Theresa.

Great episode today. I knew Clyde molested Jordan since Clyde has that same slimy sleazy mentality Curtis had with Billie molesting her. My speculation is Clyde blames Jordan for her mother's death because Jordan was going to run away home arguing with her mother to leave Clyde.

What I feel is Jordan tried to run away and her mother chases after her to stop her and gets hit by a car dying. Clyde bitter with Jordan goes beyond the physical abuse and starts molesting Jordan until she runs off with Ben. My theory because Clyde said Jordan pushed her mother but I think more she ran after her. Another thing Jeremiah said he hadn't seen Jordan since she was 15. Clyde might have tossed Jordan around to his junkie buddies.

Kate and Victor were nice today. I liked how Victor still is concerned about Kate despite everything warning her about Stefano and to stay away from Banjo playing Clyde. Good ole Victor. Sadly I think the powerful person Kate was telling Chad would is going to be Clyde not Victor. But I feel when Kate finds out Clyde molested Jordan it will bring back memories of how Kate wasn't there for Billie while Curtis molested her then she be disgusted in which Clyde will blackmail her.

Abby and Eve were pretty boring today. I think Chad is enjoying the power to give Abby her job back and still cares for her.

JJ and Paige I feel bad for cause next few months it's gonna explode.

It's already been said that Jordan and her mother were in a vehicle that Jordan (who was too young to drive) was driving. There was an accident of some sort and the mother died.

With the way Clyde mentioned Jordan had more than her mother's blood on her hands, makes me wonder if their mother was pregnant at the time of the accident.

The speculation was brought up here quite some time ago (that Jordan was raped by Clyde) And yes, so far, in the bits and pieces that have been thrown out....The mama did not want to drive, she was upset, and asked Jordan to drive. (they may have been escaping from a drunken Clyde on the rampage???). He followed them, because ...he IS the one who found them. Jordan was driving, but evidently Clyde "fixed" things so no one knew that. The vehicle hit a tree, the passenger side was crushed.

And sure, maybe ol Clyde or Jeremiah tampered with the brakes or something, intending for Mama to be done in. Only they were not expecting Jordan to be with Mama. Thus, Clyde followed them.
And this paragraph is all just conjecture on my part about the brakes, etc.

It makes me uncomfortable how often this show uses rape to forward every. single. plot.

Except EJ/Sami. Unequal time. STINKS.

I'm with you HeroicMuse - JJ is an adult, if Daniel wants to give him a key for whatever, that's between two adults. The shrew can stuff it if she doesn't like it.

It's already been said that Jordan and her mother were in a vehicle that Jordan (who was too young to drive) was driving. There was an accident of some sort and the mother died.

With the way Clyde mentioned Jordan had more than her mother's blood on her hands, makes me wonder if their mother was pregnant at the time of the accident.

That's if the writers stick with that story - and Clyde is telling the truth - both risky propositions I wouldn't bet on!! :wink:
Jordan's reveal was even boring. Took too long, she should have at least shot him after, oy.

Meanwhile I'm tired of these text-effects on the side of the show. And Eve's hamming around the apartment was sooooo stupid...only worsened by Abby pointlessly sticking her nose into business that doesn't concern her. I'm kinda wishing Abby would leave town - love the actress and the character but she gets lousy stories.

Victor/Kate scenes were great, but I think his brain fell out afterwards. He thinks Will's first two articles were "home runs." I want whatever he's snorting.

We must be back on track - this episode felt like a Friday.

I liked that today used a lot of characters and sets however, I did NOT need to see Eve and Paige EVERY single day this week! :beat:

Should we start taking dibs on how long before Paul gets revealed as a long lost Stefano offspring? :rolleyes: Plus he has already had more airtime than John and Abe combined this month. I fear he will be the new character that writers shove down our throats. And was he having surgery immediately? Because otherwise, why was he in bed as an in-patient for rotator cuff surgery? I actually thought that was an out-patient procedure. So, there are major hospitals around the country that specialize in this surgery yet he comes to Salem for Dr. McScruffy?
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I actually also was thinking that Ben might be the result of the rape. This show defies logic. If Eve can be Shane's kid and and Lucas can be Kate's, then why not? I would also venture to guess that there are at least 15 years between Jordan and Ben, both on the show and in reality.

Chad is the new player in Salem.

Kate has lost her mind. She showed her hand to Chad by coming clean about Victor's job offer. I don't think she should trust Chad one bit.

Interesting about Abigail's job. I didn't see that coming.

The dialogue between Kayla and Abigail was :rolleyes:, especially Kayla's comment about "JJ's dad". Ummm ok last I checked he was also Abigail's dad!

I didn't like the way Ben looked at Abigail through the Brady Pub window. Creepy.

Does anyone think that Ben is the end result of that rape? That Jordan/Clyde are actually Ben's parents?
Oh my......that never occurred to me but as warped as some of the story lines are, you may very well be onto something

It makes me uncomfortable how often this show uses rape to forward every. single. plot.
They do seem to be dwelling on the sex quite a bit. Must be something in The SALEM water supply

Back