Days of Our Lives - Fri., Oct. 10, 2014

J.S., :rotfl:

Katmouse, I seriously doubt if EJ is at peace, if he is dead.

Writer, I still think EJ might not be dead, if Samantha is not in on it, but yes, if she were in on it, then he is not dead. (I don't think I said that last part right. If Sami was in on it, she would not have put on an act in private. If he is alive, Sami doesn't know it).>

Clyde's reactions following the shooting make me believe he did not know that was going to happen, which makes me think it could be a scheme concocted by EJ.

Oh my goodness, just forget that second paragraph. My mind isn't working this morning. I tried to edit it twice and it still doesn't make any sense! Oops! I mean the third paragraph. I should just delete this whole post. Aaarrrrggghhhh........

:rotfl:Don't worry, OC ! I got it ! :) You are right on the fact that IF EJ is still alive, then Sami does not know about it. But I still can't get behind the fact that his heart is not beating. Yeah, yeah, I know, the drug that slows down the heart rate. Typical soapy thing to do. :rolleyes: How original if that's the way TIIC go ! :sarcasm: I just would find it much more interesting if Clyde actually did off EJ. A true villain would be back in town. Not an Avon guy or an has been. (No offense to the actors, just talking about characters, here).

Edited to add : Or... EJ is dead. And Dr. Rolf comes into the morgue, gets a blood sample, or an hair strand, and gets working on EJ's clone in a new secret lab built by Stefano. :wink:

Hell Sami could possibly be in on the whole thing, look how she was hysterical and theatrical when EJ was hauled off to jail after his wedding day and Sami was behind it the whole time.

No internet, so I can't type as fast or much on my phone. But I have to weigh in on this episode. It was way better than I thought it would be, and not just in a "Hallelujah, EJ is gone" kind of way. Maybe I just needed a good cry, but I let myself get pulled in and left my distaste for EJ/Sami out of my viewing. I'll admit, I bawled like a baby. It felt spot-on for the actors, and EJ's line about not wanting to leave Sami first sent me into tears. The spilled punch/blood and the overlay of the kid's singing "Ring Around the Rosie", very good cinematically and pulled at the heartstrings to remind us of the kids.

The picture Barbara posted of Stefano, that is the moment I lost it again. Joe Mascolo really is masterful of that kind of grief look. The "I love yous" from Sami....realistic, but also my jaded side just kept thinking, "the writers are just making sure they appease the EJ/Sami fans by making up for all the times Sami never said those words".

As far as real or faked death, it is ambiguous. It all depends on where Miguel's real loyalty lies and if he really flipped to supporting Clyde. Clyde didn't plan to kill EJ (at least not at that particular moment). So Miguel could have been ready for a more ruthless and aggressive boss (more money) and wanted to prove his loyalty to Clyde, or he could have been faking the flip to give EJ a heads up on Clyde's real actions and set this up. It plays well either way with what we've seen so far.

EJ knows that Sami is irrational and impulse so perhaps he decided that he should keep her fully in the dark regarding his plans just as he did when he conspired to have the hostile take-over. He did not tell Sami anything until she walked in an saw that awful portrait of EJ and herself

That is what bothered me about Sami's infatuation with EJ. She kept babbling to one and all about how he "changed", and yet he was as underhanded, secretive, and still prone to nefarious acts, and she knew it.

Back