Days of Our Lives - Fri., Oct. 13, 2017

Found a better pic of that "gift" from JJ to Abby......sorry, does not look like a train...

DMEOAuqV4AAFhSn.jpg

LOL, not gonna repeat what I read someone thought it looked like. certainly doesn't look like anything as old as they are claiming. And back that many years ago. most things like that were made of wood....lol

Toy trains were also made of tin/metal back then.

But it's doubtful the Days prop department really used an actual antique toy train for the scene.

To me, it looks very similar to this (only from a different angle):

7a7fe484aa1c77114440f16b9d4ca622.jpg
6408366801047b8eddada559074c50fd.jpg

26de8643a0c190ba014c3ef1cf24cc04.jpg

Just watched the scene again, with the video enlarged to full-screen, and it's the same exact train as the pictures I found. Online descriptions list it as a tin train (on the sites where it is sold). While it's a new toy (as in currently made; Amazon has it for $16), it's made in the design of antique windup toy trains.

should have known better than try and make a point with JS ..lol

don't care what it was. I still maintain it did not look like a train :)

I finally watched. I won't even comment on how intolerable Brady was. I guess they're going to turn him into Deimos, Jr.

I felt like bopping Paul over the head with a bowling pin today. I don't care how concerned he is about what might happen to his love life, it doesn't excuse trampling over other people. Does he think Lucas' feelings are less important than his own? No, he isn't thinking about anybody but himself, although he's making matters worse by trying to rationalize it will be better for everybody if he exhumes Will's body. Also, there is no excuse for John going along with it. I was disappointed that he let Paul pressure him into going against his own better judgment.

The prop department doesn't do a very good job with those "hand-me-down" toys. The train looks just like what it really is: a new purchase from Amazon. And remember that elephant that was supposed to have been Abby's from her childhood, but somehow looked like it came straight to the set from "Elephants R Us"? There wasn't a speck of dirt on it.

Well, you know they're probably figuring that most of us aren't going to notice. After all, we're there for the characters and the story, not the sets or the lighting or the clothes or the props.

Speaking of characters, can someone re-write Brady back to the lovely wonderful guy he used to be? Because right now, he's a raging... I can't use the word I want to use on this forum, so I'll just call him a jerk.

He's being horrid, and Nicole is just taking it. I suspect they had her to do that to underscore her guilt over Eric, more than her being a doormat but to stand still while she's being blackmailed into a relationship for the SECOND time in a year? That's just, sickening, really.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back