Days of Our Lives - Fri., Oct. 14, 2016

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Friday, October 14, 2016

Bedlam in Salem as bombs go off all over. Steve rushes into the Pub, calling for Kayla, who comes running in, they hug. Marlena has gone off to meet John somewhere, Kayla has barricaded Caroline upstairs in her bedroom. Kayla has to get to the hospital, Steve will take her, first calling Adrienne, who is worried sick about Sonny. Steve promises to find him.

Eduardo is in the square, talking on his phone, spots a wounded Dario, who collapses in his arms. Ed eases him down to the ground, and later has brought him to the hospital. Dario is bleeding from a chest wound, Ed holding something on it to try and stop the bleeding.

Ciara, Claire & Joey figure they are going to have to pitch in to help, and show up at the place where Blanca is giving instructions to the nurses and aides. She sends them to the basement to get more beds. Joey tries to leave, Ciara & Claire stop him, just as Kayla has arrived. She gets upset at him, he promised to stay, he wants to help, he can help right there. He promises his mom he will stay put.

Theo is in with Abe (very good scenes) who is upset because he is not able to see what is going on, he is mayor. Theo tells him just to rest and get better. Now Abe talks of how wrong it was for Theo to take his gun, Theo wishes he had shot Clyde. No, no, violence is not the answer, you don't take matters into your own hands, that is never good. Theo promises not do something like that again.

Later, Kayla comes in, tells Abe the x-rays came back, the bullet fragment is moving, he will need surgery, as soon as this crisis is over, it will happen. Meanwhile, stay still, calm.

Sonny rushes into the dark penthouse, finding a bleeding Paul on the floor. Paul is barely conscious, manages to say was in square during explosions, flying glass, came back here. He passes out, Sonny is calling to him, Paul stops breathing. Sonny does CPR, gets Paul to cough, breathe, awaken. Steve comes bursting in, Sonny has called for EMTs who are swamped, ambulance won't be here for a few hours, Steve says we have to do this now, they both carry Paul out, get him to the hospital.

The teens are rushing around delivering boxes of supplies, taking empty ones back, bringing up beds, answering phones at the nurses' station. Ed has brought in Dario, Blanca gets him to a cot. Kate comes in, evidently with whiplash. Was in her car, braked when explosion came, guy behind her did not. He was o.k. Kayla gets her pain prescription, only when needed, heating pad, etc. but stick around for a few minutes. Ed has been with Dario, who has softened toward his father, is sorry for what he did, and confesses to hiring the guy to attack Rafe, who got Gabi instead, only because Dario wanted Ed blamed. Eduardo is very understanding, really nice conversation. He says Dario made a terrible mistake, that he himself has made worse, Dario has to forgive himself, he is a good man. Blanca comes in.....Ed goes out.

She dresses his wound, he offers to buy her a drink sometimes, nope, she is his patient, but he can take her dancing, she will buy her own drink. LOL

Kate is getting ready to leave, spots Eduardo. They have a rather awkward conversation at first, with Ed being so sorry she was hurt, all these people were hurt. She finally guesses that he had something to do with the convicts escaping, and he tells her the whole story. How he tracked this guy trying to harm his family to Dixon Correctional, he was being transferred to maximum security, Ed posed as a guard to get on the van, yada, yada. Crash, he was knocked out, came to, they had escaped. Kate tells him he has to tell this to his family, to his children. Things happen, but he cannot go on blaming himself, because he was trying to protect his family. Talk to them.

Theo has come out, been helping where he can. Kayla talks to Ciara, who is worried about her mom, but Kayla assures her she is fine, just talked to Roman, Hope is helping the injured.

Sonny is with Paul at the hospital, waiting their turn. Joey spots them (sorry, I misses a few minutes her, but Sonny explains how he found Paul). Paul tells Sonny to go, he is fine.The looks on the faces of Paul, and then Sonny tell of the concern for each other.

Eduardo goes back to see Dario, who is worried about Club TBD. Ed already knows, there is damage, enough that it will be a while before it can reopen. Dario figures he is out of a job. Eduardo says he was hoping Dario would think about coming in with him on a new thing he is working on. Dario smiles, figures he is broke, so why not. He is in.

Steve comes in, Kayla at the nursing station. He thinks she needs a break, she says no, lots of yellow tags yet to see. Seth Burns has closed the doors, so any additional folks needing care have to go to St. Mary's.

What more is there now. What else is going to happen. They wrap their arms around each other, worried looks on their faces.

For someone with whiplash, Kate sure was able to move her head around. I want her pain killers. And what is Kate going to do with the information on Eduardo?? I can't see her keeping it quiet.

While I am not fond of Dario hating his father, this abrupt change is grating. But I'll give it a chance. Nice to see that Blanca can dress a wound and put tape on it when it is over the heart with such confidence. And I don't remember seeing gloves.

The teens were hyper annoying, with the exception of Theo.

And who knew that tiny little Salem has three hospitals? Salem, St. Mary's and Community.

Thanks ever so much for the write up.

Really bad editing today. Theo was giving me whiplash. One scene he was with Abe, next scene with the girls, then back with Abe, then back with girls. Pick one!

I thought the teens were some fun comic relief today. But it was really annoying when Sonny and Paul went past the nurse's station yet Ciara and Claire weren't there but 2 seconds later they were. Again bad editing.

Funny how the explosion knocked Paul out and he was bleeding, yet the townhouse was in tact.

I think Eduardo should have been angrier at Dario for what he did. Now Dario is redeemed too? :rolleyes: Still have no use for him. And what is Eduardo's "new thing"? Also thought Rafe should have been on today. But he's only allowed to interact with Hope.
Steve and Kayla :love::love::love:

And we got Steve and Sonny today but no "Uncle Steve". Maybe we will get Steve and JJ next with an "Uncle Steve".

Wow, Blanca is still in Salem.

Poor Kate, last week she had headaches because of Clyde. This week,
she injured her neck.

Interesting Dario confessed to his father he hired someone to hurt Rafe. Then
Eduardo told Kate what he did.

I'm still not sure how Paul got injured. Was he outside on the square when it happened
and was able to get John and Marlena's before he passed out? Will things work between
Paul and Sonny? Joey thinks it should.

Poor Abe. Super doctor Daniel is dead and Abe might need heart surgery.

I thought it was interesting the children of the heroes of Salem were helping out in
the hospital.

PAUL was in the square. flying broken glass, then a tree limb hit him../he stumbled to penthouse, where he passed out. There were 8 explosions...The Pub wasn't damaged. but club tbd was...?????

Funny how the explosion knocked Paul out and he was bleeding, yet the townhouse was in tact.
I thought he was injured elsewhere and then returned to the townhouse?
Wow, Blanca is still in Salem.
I like her, but she needs to be more connected to Salem. Actually some characters who appeared today I was sure had left town - Eduardo, Dario, Claire, and Blanca, to name a few.

I enjoyed today's show, and I agree it was nice to see the young people making themselves useful. But I had to laugh when they first decided to help and started taking off to get boxes or whatever it was they were about to do. For a few seconds there, they reminded me of the gang that was always on a mission with Scooby Doo.

It was a fast turn-around for Dario, so I'm not sure he's going to be a nice guy overnight, but I am glad to see him dropping his nasty attitude toward Eduardo. I'm also interested to see what kind of business Eduardo has in the works for the two of them. It would be easier for me to get on board with Dario if he would shave off that dark growth from his face!

I hope Steve called Adrienne after he found out Sonny was all right.

I really enjoyed Theo and Abe. The show has done very well with the actors they've had to play the role of Theo. The little boy was just great, and so is the present young man.

Another well done episode.To me it was absolutely nice to see family interacting with family. I enjoyed the Dario and Eduardo scenes a lot as well as Kayla with Ciara scenes. Nice to see touching family moments instead of them all acting like strangers.

Something interesting though was when Eduardo asked Dario if he still worked for Kiriakis. Dario said no and seemed like he was going to say why but stopped. Was there a reason why Dario stopped spying on Chloe or not bringing it up to Eduardo? Just seemed like he was quick to brush that off.

Lexi was also brought up again by Kate to Theo. There's been a lot of that too maybe because today definitely seemed like a family episode. Actually this could be the first time the show could've passed for a PG rating.

I think the writers are very aware of the comments made on boards about never mentioning close family members who may be deceased, or live elsewhere. So perhaps are making an effort to do so. In addition, it does help newer viewers know that there is or was other family for various characters.

I thought there was a scene last week where Deimos gave Dario his final payment? I usually fast forward anything with Dario in it so I'm not the best source to confirm this.

I think the writers are very aware of the comments made on boards about never mentioning close family members who may be deceased, or live elsewhere. So perhaps are making an effort to do so. In addition, it does help newer viewers know that there is or was other family for various characters.

I agree. But I wish they would do a better job of acknowledging this within the scene. Today we had a scene with Sonny and Steve but not once did Sonny call him Uncle Steve. Last week we had a scene with JJ and Steve. Once again no mention of Uncle Steve. Yesterday Hope called her cousin "Deveraux" at the station. I get they are working but she also called her SON Shawn "Honey" while they were working. My point is while we are getting more scenes with extended family members, if they're not acknowledging the connection, it doesn't help educate new viewers. I'm willing to bet most newer viewers don't know that Steve is Adrienne and Jack's brother. Have we even had a scene with Steve and Jennifer?

Just a few comments.

The hospital certainly could have used Maxine barking out orders. It would have provided a sense of crisis better than some extras made up to look like injured persons and teens carrying boxes. Regarding Eduardo telling slimy Dario that "he didn't want to lose him," many viewers probably wish for just that. Not his death, but the news that he's rejoining psycho Summer in California. As for Orpheus, he's not doing any better than Clyde in achieving his goals. He said he'd level Salem, but he couldn't even totally destroy TBD. Finally, Abe should repeat his line how being reckless is not handling things to people like Steve, Brady, and all those who insist on wandering around Salem by themselves. Some of these people bring to mind movie teenagers who go out in the woods even though a crazed killer is lurking there.

Last edited:
I think I am in the minority, but I'm not enjoying the three criminals storyline. To me it's just too cheesy. Clyde isn't the same guy, this Clyde is not too bright, and lame instead of smart and threatening. I am enjoying seeing family members interact (Steve, Adrienne, Sonny, etc.).

All 3 convicts specialize in "threats". Keep the victims quivering in the boots. Keep them wondering what comes next. That is their modus operandi.

It is too bad for them, they did not stick together, but each is intent on ONLY their own choice of victims. Thus...I guess the "divided they fall" is what is going on presently, while the "victims" are in the "United we stand" frame of mind.

Back