Days of Our Lives - Fri., Oct. 17, 2014

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Friday, October 17, 2014

Lots of small conversations around Salem today, and the best comes first. Sami comes into the study, caresses the urn containing EJ's ashes, talks to him. She promises she will find a way to stop crying, and to become strong, to take care of the kids, and to protect them. She doesn't know how, but vows she will find a way to do this, . And from behind her a voice says you will, with the help of those who love you. It is LUCAS! Sami goes to him, big hugs, as he comforts her.
Later, they sit on the sofa, she is finishing up telling him what happened, and Rafe coming to tell her they think they might have the person. (She is wearing that ring EJ gave her now). Allie rushes in, crying "Daddy", hugs, kissing him, getting comforted by him. She is in tears herself, talking of how bad she feels, how Sydney & Johnny lost their Daddy, and she still has hers. She knows EJ loved her, and wants her daddy to be to Johnny and Sydney, like EJ was to her. Lucas says of course, Sami is almost breaking down again. (touching scenes, here). Finally Allie wants to go back up to be with Johnny & Sydney, they have to all stick together now. She runs upstairs.
Lucas asks Sami if he can help with anything...maybe a memorial service. No, EJ did not want that, figured it might be a circus that would upset the kids. But she wants to put together a private thing, for the kids, so they get a chance to say goodbye. Lucas nods, thinks it a good idea, and says he is going upstairs to be with the kids, distract them if he can.

Abby & Ben sit in Club TBD, chatting, she thinks Ben had something more to say about EJ's death. No, he knows it upset her, but he never wished EJ to be dead. He would not wish that on anyone now. She gets the idea he did at one time, and Abby fishes around, pushes a bit, gets him to admit that at one time he wished his dad was dead. He tells her how bad things were after his mom dies, he was very young. Jordan got the worst, but he did, too. That belt came out a lot, and is why he & Jordan finally left. He doesn't wish that now, just that he would go away. He talks of getting a 2nd job, so he can move to a better place, be able to lock his front door. He moves over to sit next to Abby, they chat a bit. She has to leave, has an interview tomorrow. Clyde enters, watches them a bit, goes to the bar. Abby leaves, Ben comes up to Clyde, saying "Stalker, how long have you been here?" Not long, replies Clyde, Ben says he doesn't have the money yet to pay him back, Clyde says it isn't necessary, he owes him that, and much more. Clyde leaves.

Replay of Hope & Ciara talking about Hope having a date, Aiden arriving, and Ciara having a fit. No, no, no, not you. Ciara rants that she doesn't want Hope dating Aiden, and have him be her daddy! Hope is taken aback, as is Aiden, but Ciara says she is divorcing Daddy, and that is why people date, isn't it? To know each other so they can get married.

Ahh, Enter Julie, lol, who exclaims that Ciara is much too excited, calm down, deep breaths, etc. Now she wants to know what is going on. Aiden offers to take Ciara to the Square, they can hang out a bit, give your mom and this lovely lady some privacy. Julie bristles at that, she is not just some lovely lady, but the closest person to Hope in all the world. Aiden & Ciara leave, Hope is sorry Julie learns everything this way, was going to call her, just so much going on. They talk a bit, with Julie telling her that she thinks Bo has been treating her abominably, and she really understands. But wants to know about Aiden. Hope doesn't have much to tell, the man is very private, is a lawyer, has a son in Ciara's class, loves him a great deal, is a good dad. They have a nice talk, Julie wishes her well.

Meanwhile Aiden is having a nice talk with Ciara who is really being very bratty, accusatory, but Aiden is very kind. He assures her he would never ever try or even want to take her daddy's place, charms Ciara a bit, talks of wanting to know her mom better, and how much he really likes Ciara herself.

They return to Hope, and Ciara is o.k. with her mom & Aiden going out, but warns them she "will be watching them". LOL

Clyde is with Kate, still turning on the southern charm, talking of how it was too bad that Stefano & EJ were not on good terms (Kate explained this to him), that it wasn't right, and he made mistakes with his kids, and it may be too late to make amends with Jordan, but he might have a chance with Ben. Kate gets a call, gets rather upset, is sorry she had to cut this short, thank you for the fortune cookie. Outside, she mutters something about Sami having done it now.

Paige has come to Daniel's apartment, obviously wanting to have sex with JJ. She tells him how much she loves him, trusts him, how she watched her mom going thru a series of bad guys, hoped all were not like that, and JJ is not. She shows him the birth control, they start kissing hot and heavy, but JJ stops, he promised Daniel not to use the apartment for this, is going home, is tired, tells her to lock up
She leaves, runs into Rory in the square, he is all accusatory towards JJ stealing this gal from him at the party. He thinks JJ brushed Paige off tonight to go after some other girl.

Eve has run into Mary Beth, yaks about Paige, but Mary Beth keeps her mouth shut about Paige and the birth control. At her apartment, Eve is going over some photos, when Eric arrives to take the head shots. Eve goes into flirtation mode immediately, thinks he should be in front of the camera himself, not behind it. They jabber a bit, she explains about what she wants, he sets up, takes the pics, will see her when he gets the proof sheets. Oh, but Eve thinks that isn't necessary, she can see the shots on his digital camera, while they go out, have a few drinks, talk and make the decisions. Her treat. Eric at first is reluctant, but agrees.

JJ comes home to an empty house, calls out to his mom & Abbey. He looks in the mirror, talking to himself about telling Paige about his dad & Aunt Kayla. He goes up to bed, not noticing he had not completely shut the front door.

Kate comes storming into DiMansion, closing the doors to the study, telling Sami she has done it now, and she is not going down with Sami, who will be going to prison. Sami's jaw drops!

Paige arrives at the Horton house, finds the door open, so goes in. She sees no one, shuts and locks the door, murmuring something about "you said you were tired". She runs upstairs, into JJ's darkened room, where he is apparently asleep. She takes off her top, slips into bed next to him, causing JJ to wake up startled, pulling away, and then realizing who was there. "Paige"?

Aiden's talk with Ciara was SO sweet. Love that man. He handled that perfectly.

Love Lucas and Sami's friendship after all they've been through.

Can't wait to see what Sami did or did not do that will land her in jail.

Paige is something....that girl is really starting to annoy me.

Thanks for the write-up. Sounds like a good show.
Eve and Eric...I guess now that she thinks she won't be able to seduce Daniel, due to him hating her scheming against JJ, she is settling for his buddy. :rolleyes:

Paige is getting even more annoying...The 'will-they-romp-or-won't-they-romp?" stuff we saw with Abby and Cameron awhile back is being repeated here. Either have them wait for a while, or just get in the sack already! Tired of the back and forth that makes this relationship seem to revolve around sex the rest many others on the show do.

I'm intrigued by what will happen to Sami next week...be arrested for what? I'm also glad Lucas is back and supporting her and the kids. Did he run into Autumn while in Hong Kong? Hmm...

I'm really liking Clyde more, as a villain. He's intriguing. But Ben and Abby need to have something better to do than the same ol' conversations over and over.

Julie annoyed me at first as a nosy Maggie 2.0, but it's nice to see her wanting Hope happy, and that Ciara came around at the end. Aiden handled that well.

Pity poor Alice Horton. Her old home has become a stage setting for overeager young women. First it was Abigail trying to make a move on a reluctant Cameron Davis and now it's Paige literally following poor JJ into his bed. If only Alice was on the scene. She could have brought these overheated girls down to earth with some milk, donuts, and common sense. Speaking of the overheated, if anyone can keep the sour expression on Eric's face it's Eve. If Mr. Sanctimonious thinks he's miserable now, a short spell in Eve's company will have him thinking that he's descended into the depths of despair. Finally, what has Salem U. done to poor Rory? The formerly cheerful Salem High slacker is now making sour remarks about JJ. Lighten up, Rory. Salem needs more cheerful faces, not another cheap backstabber.

I enjoyed Allie, Lucas and Sami too. I'm glad there was a
scene with just the three of them.

Nice to see Julie. I don't think Hope told Aiden who
she was. This is my half sister and she's married to my dad :)

I wonder what kind of birth control Paige bought. Probably not pills
because they take awhile to work.

I enjoyed Ciara with Aiden. I'm glad he talked to her
and reminded her they were already friends.

I hope we find out Monday what Sami did this time.

I have to say I'm enjoying this thing with Kate and Clyde even though it's a disaster waiting to happen. What I like is that you can tell Kate knows that she should NOT be intrigued by this guy but she is in spite of that. Again I know there's no way in hell that this is going to end well but I'm going to enjoy the ride.

I have to wonder if the writers had any kind of plan where Eve is concerned then they brought her back? I mean is it really believable that a woman as intelligent and attractive as Eve would have ABSOLUTELY nothing going on in her life other then obsessing over her almost adult daughter's love life? That a woman like Eve would be so desperate that she has to literally THROW herself at any guy (Daniel, Eric, Brady) that breathes? That she practically would have to BEG a guy just to have a drink with her like she did Eric today? Does anyone buy this? *crickets*

I said a month or so ago that I was open to the idea that someday JJ and Paige might have a story that would make me excited to see them on my TV screen. I'm still open to that possibility but for the record it hasn't happened yet.

What the heck Paige??? Wanting to have sex with your boyfriend and getting birth control pills is one thing but 1) she hasn't even taken one pill yet, and 2) she should know better than to come into JJ's house uninvited and sneak into his bed. She's lucky he's not the type that sleeps with a gun under his mattress in case he needs to protect himself. I wouldn't feel sorry for her if he pushed her reflexively and she fell out of the bed (though I'm glad that didn't happen because Eve would find a way to pin a domestic violence charge on JJ if it did :rolleyes:)

Let me guess, Eric and Eve are going to go have drinks someplace where Nicole is just about to settle in with her martini. I think it would be funny if Daniel was there too and interrogated Eric about Eve the way he interrogated Daniel about Kristen, even though Daniel would be just as wrong as Eric was if he did.

I really like the way the Hope/Aiden story is progressing and I loved the scenes with Hope/Julie and Aiden/Ciara today. It feels like the way the show was once upon a time when the writers knew how to write romance in a way that made sense. I was surprised Julie was so supportive. I don't quite buy this Buddhist thing that Julie has had going on lately. I keep expecting the judgmental Julie we've seen since Nick died to reappear. Anyway, I reall yhope that Hope doesn't let Ciara have any say in the progress of her relationship with Aiden. Let Jen talk to her about how well that worked when she tried to defer to JJ's wishes last year.

Allie got the tears flowing for me today. I really felt Lucas was in a tough spot, and admired the fact that he could put aside his personal feelings about EJ to comfort his daughter. I thought this might trigger Allie's feelings about Nick's death again, too, since EJ was killed in a similar manner.

Even worse--Paige IS a grown adult! She is 19.

I have to say I'm enjoying this thing with Kate and Clyde even though it's a disaster waiting to happen. What I like is that you can tell Kate knows that she should NOT be intrigued by this guy but she is in spite of that. Again I know there's no way in h-e-double hockey sticks that this is going to end well but I'm going to enjoy the ride.

I have to wonder if the writers had any kind of plan where Eve is concerned then they brought her back? I mean is it really believable that a woman as intelligent and attractive as Eve would have ABSOLUTELY nothing going on in her life other then obsessing over her almost adult daughter's love life? That a woman like Eve would be so desperate that she has to literally THROW herself at any guy (Daniel, Eric, Brady) that breathes? That she practically would have to BEG a guy just to have a drink with her like she did Eric today? Does anyone buy this? *crickets*

I said a month or so ago that I was open to the idea that someday JJ and Paige might have a story that would make me excited to see them on my TV screen. I'm still open to that possibility but for the record it hasn't happened yet.

Eweiner, that was the same thing I thought, when Paige said she wanted JJ to be her first! :eek:

It's hard for me to believe any man would even give Eve the time of day. I honestly can't take it when she turns on that syrupy flirting routine. Somebody please give her something interesting to do or take her away!

I haven't watched yet. Looking forward to the Lucas scenes.

Back