Days of Our Lives - Fri., Oct. 2, 2015

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Friday, October 2, 2015

Today is Paige's funeral. and about 90% of the show is devoted to it, the sadness, histrionics, and especially the visions/daydreams of her mother, Eve. She is at home, having a daydream of what could have been in the future, first is Paige's graduation, and then she is very pregnant, and they are talking of that. Eduardo is in these daydreams, the happy father, who has been there. For graduation, he has brought a huge bouquet of beautiful flowers, Paige's favorites, and tells her to smell them closely, & it turns out he has hidden the keys to her new car among the blossoms. Back to reality, as Eve sets down the condolence vase of flowers (she is alone).

JJ is soulfully playing his guitar, quits, Jen comes in, comforts him, says Abby is not feeling well, cannot come to the funeral. He nods. Over at the Kmansion, Theresa asks Brady to go with her to the funeral, he says yes, of course. Daniel arrives at the Deveraux home at JJ's request, and goes with Jen & JJ to the funeral. Eduardo has gone to the police station, getting into a hassle with Justin about why the killer has not been caught.

Rafe is having breakfast with Gabi, who talks of job hunting, leaves, Eduardo comes up, comments on Rafe not telling Gabi that her father is in town, or that Paige was her half sister. Nope, Gabi just got out of prison, is putting her life together, and doesn't need any of this piled on her. He has not told her, and neither will Later, after the funeral, Eduardo mentions having been in security the past 2 decades, has more experience finding missing persons. Rafe mentions being in the FBI, which Eduardo did not know.

At DiMansion, Chad thanks Stefano for letting him know in time so he could get out of the shack, asks how the cops knew. Andre' tells him it was his own doing, the lure. Chad returns the money to Stefano, who wants him to keep it, Chad says no, he will manage. They all have a long discussion on exactly how Chad is going to get out of this mess. Andre' wonders if Clyde really is the one, Chad says it could not be anyone else, and notes Abby & Ben are leaving town. Stefano again mostly listens, reacts, no dialogue. (have to say Thaao Pfenglis (Andre') is really enjoying his role, having a lot of fun with it).
The funeral is in the park, coffin, Paige's picture, tons of flowers, even though leaves are beginning to turn for autumn. Theresa goes to talk to Daphne, JJ, Jen & Daniel arrive, . Eduardo arrives at Eve's to go with her to bury their daughter. (and at that point, NBC broke in for a special report on the mass shooting in Oregon) Daphne had been sitting with Father Valerio, she introduces him to Theresa. Guess he does the service.

When the show returned, whatever went on in the park was over, people were drifting into a room - no idea where they were - but Eve was still in the park, having another vision of Paige, who is talking to her about loving, forgiving herself, finally holding out her arms. Eve rushes forward, but there is no Paige, and Eve cries.

At the room, Theresa is getting a bit ticked at JJ being there, but Brady calms her down, telling her that it wasn't just JJ who hurt Paige, that Eve did as well. That brings up Theresa as Brady tells her it is time to let this all go, and remember they are there to honor Paige. Eve comes in, as Jen, JJ & Daniel are about to leave, and begins screaming at them. She rants at everyone, including Daniel, who leaves with the Deveraux duo. Eduardo is watching and listening. Theresa goes to comfort her, says kind words, Eve pulls herself together. Brady compliments Theresa for the kind words to Eve.

When they get home, Jennifer thanks Daniel for being with them. He leaves, JJ wants Jen to go visit her mother, wants to keep her safe. She is refusing, goes to call Abby to see how she is. JJ calls someone, it is me, we need to meet.

Back in that room, Eduardo has been sitting on the side, a reporter and cameraman comes in, Eduardo introduces himself, is Paige's father, wants the killer caught so is offering a reward of $100,000 for the capture of Chad DiMera.

Eduardo is stirring the pot it seems like, all too much and too soon. The fact he went on TV offering a reward definitely is something that will tick Rafe off. I still can't wait till Gabi finds out about Eduardo and Paige. I think Gabi may get mad at Rafe for not telling her right away.

Eve, I am wondering about. Is she just flash forwarding as a grieving mother, or is she slowly starting to lose her sense of reality. I can see Eve going crazy soon enough.

Seems like slowly but surely soon Theresa and Brady may make amends start fresh. I wouldn't mind that with a changed Theresa.

Andre once again great performance love his antics and snide comments.

Oh my God, Rafe! Seriously?! You wallow in self-pity when you think you've failed your sisters, so you don't tell your only surviving sister of your half-sister?! You do know she's gonna be mad at you for a while, right?

And if the rumors of the Necktie Killer's next victim are true, then Rafe is probably going to wait even longer. I'll bet Gabi finds out from someone else.

Everyone grieves in a different way. I can't even tell you who came to the funeral home or who was at the service when my son died. I guess I was in total shock the whole time. I know people came to the house. Can't tell you who. But, I do know that I didn't go through the public displays that Eve does or play the blame game. I just wanted to be left alone or with closest family members. Eve is too over the top.

Yesterday Theresa is all smiles and tells Jenn eve probably won't even know who is at the funeral, and today she tells Brady she can't fake smile at them or it would make her as big a hypocrite? Umm...

In re: the imaginings of Eve.....she definitely was doing the "if only". It is what she yelled at Eduardo when he showed up at her door......"she was supposed to graduate, have a wedding, I was buying the lst pair of shoes for the baby......"

I am more than annoyed not to know now whether she told Eduardo she did not want to go with him to the funeral.......
I do think that there would have been a ton of college friends in real life....but understand the limits of Days' budget. Glad it did not rain.

As to Theresa...she practically had had nothing to do with Paige ever, but it was nice for her to be there for her sister, at the moment Eve really needed her sister. I do hope Kim & Shane are mentioned, come Monday, as I did not hear them mentioned today.

And so now, JJ thinks Clyde did this, as does Chad. Andre' thinks they can keep Chad safe, Eduardo feels he is better able to find missing people than Rafe, while Justin would hang Chad from the nearest tree or even a street sign pole, the minute he saw him.

You'd think some of the Bradys would've been there, being that Paige was Kim's step-granddaughter; at least Eric and Kayla.

The only mention of Shane today was when Eve was imagining giving the pearl earrings to Paige. Eve said they belonged to "her daddy's mother" (the original Jeannie Donovan, who Jeannie T. was named after).

JS, I'm hoping that at some point Eric and Eve will have a heart to heart. I do agree with what Paige said in Eve's vision-Eve does hate herself and she definitely needs to forgive herself and make peace with her past before she can move on with her life.

I cried during the scenes with Eve/Paige as well as the Eve/Theresa scene where she told Eve that she loved her more than she knows. :cry:

::)confused:Am I wrong, did I hear Eduardo say, he was involved with law enforcement, or finding missing persons, years ago?
He said he worked in Security for 2 decades. And knows more about finding missing persons than Rafe does, including those who don't want to be found.

When he said "security" I figured it was at hotels, office buildings, etc. but when I heard the following statement about missing persons.......well, sounds like body guard or mafia work, you know, for the bad guys, especially those who want to "teach a lesson".

Eduardo did say that. Wonder what kind of security gave him $100,000 to spend?? Certainly if he's going to do it, that's nice. Paige was his daughter and he's feeling guilt, I guess. But if you ask Rafe (or Hope), I'm sure they wouldn't have $100,000 hiding anywhere, at least not from their paychecks.

Eduardo is stirring the pot it seems like, all too much and too soon. The fact he went on TV offering a reward definitely is something that will tick Rafe off.
Is it ever. This slimeball Eduardo is truly out of line, and if he was as "good" at his so-called security job as he was at being a husband and father, he probably made mall cop Paul Blart look like a brilliant law enforcement officer. As it is, all he's doing is inciting a collection of greedy idiots to go track down poor Chad. And how will the Phoenix react when he sees the telecast? He probably should send Ricardo and Sergio to "talk" a little sense into Mr. Larson. Elsewhere, Andre is coming across as rather shrewd. This is truly remarkable since the last time he was in Salem, he was the personification of a crazed lunatic. Finally, kudos once again to Kassie DePaiva (Eve). It's about time the writers gave this fine actor the chance to show off her skills.

Last edited:
You'd think some of the Bradys would've been there, being that Paige was Kim's step-granddaughter; at least Eric and Kayla.

The only mention of Shane today was when Eve was imagining giving the pearl earrings to Paige. Eve said they belonged to "her daddy's mother" (the original Jeannie Donovan, who Jeannie T. was named after).
In soaps, the right people are never in the crowd, at weddings, funerals, parties or whatever. Apparently, it's much cheaper to have under 5's than the actors, who portray family and friends.

Back