Days of Our Lives - Fri., Oct. 2, 2015

Thank you Poirot. This show is so sad today that it stirs inner emotions.

65Days: when my son died I also was completely numb on the surface & withdrawn on the inside. I wanted time to stop before he died & I wanted to isolate to grieve. Some of us experience deepest grief inwardly.

As a NICU/pediatric ICU nurse I have attended too many funerals. Parents -- individuals -- all express their grief uniquely. And some display loud outward pain in the manner they wrote Eve today.

Our grief - like our personalities - are as varied as snowflakes. Someone watching Days could relate to Eve in ways we cannot & may it comfort them. Those who have lost a child live with that sadness every day.

Eduardo was NOT in law enforcement. He said "Security". And if he has/made the kind of money that enables him to offer $100,000 reward, then it would seem his work was not necessarily on the up and up side of the law.

I feel more than likely Eduardo worked for the mob, possibly the Vitalis or even the Moronis (they haven't been mentioned in awhile). Makes sense why he had a different last name when he met Eve. At first I thought bounty hunter when he said he found missing persons not wanting to be found. But that doesn't go as security really.

I also liked the scene where Eduardo looks on as Justin caresses Eve's shoulder while she was grieving. Burn! You all know he would've rather been there instead of Justin.

As far as funerals go, I thought it was pretty good....and some of you wanted to skip it lol. I'm glad they did this, it made for a better story. If Eve had just went and dumped her in CA or wherever, we wouldn't have seen her sadness and it would have taken away from the story and just made Eve look like a bitter shrew out for revenge. Seeing her pain, feeling her loss and what she will miss out on the rest of her life made sense. Good stuff In my opinion.

Great show.

Interesting to see Eve think about Paige and what could have been.

I'm glad Daniel was included with funeral since he helped Paige. Too
bad Kayla couldn't have been there too.

I'm not sure what to think about Brady. He was first nice to Theresa,
then he was upset with her at the funeral. Later, he was being nice
to Theresa again. I guess he's the like the viewers we're still not
sure if we're suppose to like Theresa or not.

I wonder when Rafe will tell Gabi Paige was her half sister.

I missed 10min in the middle due to the special report. Basically the park scenes. For anyone who saw those scenes, were Kim, Shane and Andrew mentioned??? And yes Caroline and Kayla should have been there too. As should Rory and Bev. I was shocked to see Daphne. Plus her dorm room looked like a single to me but what do I know.

Daniel being with Jennifer and JJ was so random. Even silent he has more chemistry with Jennifer than he does with Nicole. Appropriate though that he was at the funeral.

The post funeral reception was at the Edge of the Square.

I actually think Eddie is ISA and that he knows very well what Rafe's professional background is. He made a phone call after arguing with Rafe and asked for a favor. Then in the next scene the news reporters were there.

I agree about Gabi being angry with Rafe about Paige and Eddie. When Eddie said to Rafe that he lost 2 daughters and Rafe didn't know how that felt, I needed Rafe to mention Grace. He did not.

LOVE the banter between Chad and Andre!!! I actually wouldn't mind seeing Andre with Anne.

Sorry guys, I just can't feel sorry for Eve! She set this whole mess in motion, so you reap what you sow! As for Theresa, I am starting to like her a little better. Hope the writers don't turn her evil again! I wish Justin would just go back to being a lawyer! His know it all attitude is not appealing!

Great to see Paige. :cry::cry::cry: Seriously, why is Daniel acting so odd? Is he supposed to be sick?:confused: And Stefano with that oxygen mask:rotfl:Is he sick in real life? It seems like ever since he broke his leg most of his scenes are sitting ones. I've never been to an outside funeral:sarcasm: This is the first time on a soap that the grief has been played out so well by a mother. :( I wonder where they are going with this? Finally. Once Eve finds out that Jenifer's daughter's husband to be is the killer,:fan: she will blame Jen even more.:angry:

I wish Eve and Jeannie T could've been written like this from the get-go. While I'm enjoying the change in Jeannie's personality, it's so odd to see her grief over a niece and sister she was never shown to care about.
Here's 1000 likes for this post. The writing contrast couldn't be clearer in the last week of Jeannie scenes (save her comment about winning back that lunkhead Brady).
I guess he's the like the viewers we're still not
sure if we're suppose to like Theresa or not.
LOL
The first part of the show was interrupted because of the shooting. Was Gabi only in that one scene with Rafe before Eduardo showed up?

I felt sooo much for Eve today. Great scenes. Wonderful direction...the sounds at times seemed muted around her, very appropriate. Just wonderful. I'll miss Paige but, like all soap deaths (that aren't to seek vengeance on a popular departing actor) should, this has opened up story that wouldn't have happened with her alive. RIP Paige. (I do admit I'd love to see what the new writers - Higley & Griffith - could have done with Paige...alas, we'll never know.)

I am overlooking André's being alive, in Salem, and not-entirely-under-the-radar because Thaao Penghlis (Andre) is wonderful. The writing is sharp and witty, and he's a fabulous actor. He could play a plumber installing a drainpipe and it would sizzle. Billy Flynn (Chad) has a similar appeal. Put the two together, and it's amazing!!

Eduardo...wow. Most interesting character to hit Salem since...er...um...Anne Milbauer! He's been a sleaze to TWO families and is probably not doing an honest living if he can drum up $100k so easily in "security"...but darned if I'm not absolutely on his side. Great casting, wonderful writing. (Compare the entrances of Paige herself, Serena, Jeannie T, the return of Eve, and intro to Paul under the old head writers.) I hope the momentum keeps up.

Last edited:
Soaphead, I know-something's off with Daniel. His scene with Marlena last week was more than a little creepy.

Daniel seemed VERY creepy randomly showing up at Jennifer's doorstep just there cold and silent. Daniel has been acting very strangely. I am starting to think Daniel is going through a major depression.

It seems almost like signs of some sort of depression that he is hiding and not letting anyone in on. I think Daniel knows something that he isn't telling anyone, almost like if he has a burden on his hands.

I totally understand why Rafe is handling the situation with Eduardo and Gabi the way he is. *She was actually on today. :love: Maybe we'll get to a point when she's in more then two scenes. I know dare to dream right?* I mean don't you guys remember how before she went to prison she absolutely LOVED it when people tried to tell her what to do and how to think? And I bet now that Gabi's just got out of a place where not only were people constantly telling her what to do but she had to do it she loves it even more. So I see there being no problems when Gabi finds out out about Page and Eduardo. :clap:

Oh uh, wait, Rafe I think you better rethink this strategy before it bites you in the backside buddy.

The scenes with Eve imagining what could have/should have been with Paige were beautiful. As far as her treatment of JJ, Jennifer and Daniel at the reception is concerned that's just Eve's character I'm afraid. If she had actually listened to Paige about forgiving herself it would have felt contrived. As sad as it was it felt real to me.

Daniel has been acting very strangely. I am starting to think Daniel is going through a major depression.
Daniel is the oddest thing. No secret I'm sick of the character. But his few appearances last month, and his appearance today, were almost like he didn't want to be there. (I'm not sure if I mean Daniel or his portrayer, Shawn Christian.)

I'm hoping it's leading somewhere in the story (like Daniel being drugged by André to hypnotise Ben into committing the murders, LOL) but to be honest, I suspect (and this is only my speculation) that the actor is burned out.

@katmouse. I didn't see it as Brady being mad/upset with Theresa, but lately having a calming affect on her. It appears to me that he is trying to guide her to look at situations differently, more maturely and not be so angry, judgmental, and all about her. He looks her in the eyes talking sternly to her and since she is so in love with him she seems to finally be listening. Brady and Theresa could be an interesting pairing now that she is growing up.

Next topic. Eduardo and Rafe are father and son so has there been an explanation as to why their last names are not the same?

Also loving how some of the more intense scenes fade to black with no music. To me this is a very dramatic effect.

Back