Days of Our Lives - Fri., Oct. 3, 2014

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Friday, october 3, 2014

And the good news is...John wakes up, is coherent and almost back to being John Black. But first, over to DiMansion, where Kate is getting ready to leave, and EJ is asking her if she has packed up and is ready to move out. Oh, Kate is not to be bullied, influenced by Ej in any way. She tells him that she ic co-CEO, the DiMera house is part of the assets, and the person who will be leaving is going to be him. He goes on about him & Sami being back together, but Kate figures it is only a short spell, til Sami realizes he is just like his father. Oh, not exactly, but enough to lie, manipulate, scheme, etc. She figures he is going to be in jail, he doesn't, but she reminds him that not only is he facing tax evasion charges, she & Sami made sure he had no funds at all to wiggle out. They go back & forth, some mention of the European deal, which he & Sami decided was a no go. Kate gets ticked, she is co-CEO and no decision is made without her o.k. as well. She walks out, says to tell Sami to call her.

EJ meets up with Victor, who warns him that his father has put out the word to EVERYONE not to lend or give any money/cash/loans, etc. to EJ. In other words, do NOT do business with him. Victor says Stefano has "cut off his air", & Victor just wanted to let him know.

Kristen sits in her room, thumbing thru a magazine, but thinking about John, Theresa. She has called Daniel for info, but he hangs up on her, saying not to bother him, he will give her no info. The more she flashes back to her realization that Theresa is the one who hit John, the more determined she gets. She throws the magazine, and leaves.

Theresa is having breakfast with Anne, who wonders why Theresa is not more worried about John waking up, but theresa is confident that John has no memory of what happened that night, all is well. Anne comments that his memory could return any second.

Hope is at Victor & Maggie's, telling them she is filing for divorce, Bo abandoned her 2 years ago, the note he sent a couple years ago, the letter she wrote to the return address on that note. She has not told Ciara yet, wanted to tell them. Maggie gets a call, goes in the other room, Victor asks if she told Caroline. Yes, she did, and Caroline did not take it well.
Victor goes to see Caroline, admonishing her for her attitude. He talks some sense, Caroline realizes she has been unfair, but asks what they do when Bo gets back. Victor says if/when he does, we will deal with that then.

Aiden runs into Nicole, both saying hi. Along comes Chase wondering if Nicole is his date. No, and I thought you were going to walk to school with your friend. Yep, he is across the way. Chase goes to join the friend, Nicole is curious as to the date, Aiden is vague, she promises not to ask anything more, but along comes Hope, Nicole smiles as she puts 2 plus 2 together, and takes off.
Hope worries Aiden told her, nope....he explains about Chase, noting Chase doesn't know it is her, but did hear him making reservations. Now they talk about a few things they could do, places to go. And it is so cute when they entertwine their little fingers, as close as they can get to holding hands. LOL
Caroline calls Hope, needs to see her, and then, at the Pub, tells her she loves her, always has, wishes her well, understands completely, says she should do what she has to, and then tells Hope to convey best wishes to Aiden as well.

John is waking up, with Marlena & Brady at his side. he is coherent, they are kind, he is puzzled about them both, their demeanor, asks just why he is in the hospital. Marlena leaves so Brady can talk to his dad, and he tells him how he was drunk, high, argued with John, hit him. John doesn't believe it, because he knows Brady would never strike his old man.
Out in the hall, Eric has arrived, Marlena tells him the good news. Daniel has gone in to John's room, shags Brady out. John inquires what happened when he was brought in. Daniel says he had been hit with a poker, was unconscious, then slipped into the coma, where he has been since mid-July. Theresa finds him, and is being the consoling comforting friend, but is secretly happy that John remembers nothing. Daniel comes out, talks to everyone about John needing rest, so visitors one at a time. Marlena goes back in, John seems puzzled, been in the coma since July, figures they had not patched things up. She admits they did not, but has not left his side, the staff thinks she is living there now. He wonders if a miracle drug appeared, then asks to see Eric. She leaves, Eric comes in. John questions him about whether he saw John before this happened. Yes. John is having flashbacks, as is Eric.

Meanwhile, Theresa has gone into Daniel's office, making all kinds of threats, as she accuses him of spreading lies about her. She figures he thinks she had something to do with what happened to John, and she will sue him, use social media to discredit him, and she goes on and on. Daniel actually ignores her. He goes home......and now Kristen comes barging in, ranting about Theresa, she did it, she is the one who attacked John, she cannot get away with it. Daniel finally shuts her up by agreeing with her. Theresa is NOT going to get away with it.

Eric has left John's room, so he can rest, but John's mind is going a mile a minute. He is having all sort of flashbacks, all jumbled together, one atop the other, mixed up, repeated, as he is trying to sort it all out. And finally he sees Theresa offering to get the marriage to Brady annulled for a million dollars, and then he sees him trying to reason with the drunk Brady, who is sitting in the chair, and Theresa trying to pull John away, him shrugging her off, and her on the floor grabbing the poker and swinging.
He opens his eyes as the realization hits.......It was Theresa!!!

FINALLY!! John is awake and aware of what happened to him! I am so happy! Gads, how did Theresa become so horrible? Did she just pop out of the womb with this attitude? I'd like to work her over with the poker! Shane and Kimberly must have been the worse parents in the world. Or did genes mutate? Glad that Caroline did soften up with Hope. I loved the little pinky hugs Hope and Aiden snuck in. Victor is probably spot on about the mess coming for EJ when Stefano gets back. He is such a devil, wants a ringside seat!

Gads, how did Theresa become so horrible? Did she just pop out of the womb with this attitude? Shane and Kimberly must have been the worse parents in the world. Or did genes mutate?
Are you forgetting the other Brady grandchild this describes? Miss Samantha Gene Brady?? Theresa is just Sami 2.0

I was 'bout to say the same thing, JS. LOL

Meanwhile sounds like a great show - I wish I'd recorded it. I love Caroline/Victor scenes and I want to see Caroline apologise to Hope.

I'm thrilled John's awake.

One thing I don't understand: Jeannie T's done some awful things ... but EJ is a hero? And honourable? Kristen is free? Etc. So I don't think Jeannie T will actually pay based on this show's history.

Yippee, John remembers everything. I'm glad we don't have
to wait months.

I wonder if the writers are planning a slow journey getting
John and Marlena back together. He was surprised she's at the hospital.

I almost cried when Marlena told Eric how she feels John is
better "The joy just washes over me"

It's going to be interesting when Hope tells Ciara about the divorce.
Good luck with that.

It took Brady less time to get addicted to coke than it'll take these two to truly "reunite." :rolleyes: Nah, their journey and reunion could be rushed or super slow for all I care, as long as they properly work through their problems and things aren't glossed over. But who am I kidding? The show reaaaally hurt John and Marlena, and they still seem sort of bleak at this point, but we'll see.

Some thoughts on the clip above:

Holy effects! Can't remember the last time Days used those. Are they actually getting a bigger budget? They did a two-shot with one actor on Monday, and this today? Cool.

Oh, and Brady is such an idiot. Too much to hope Jeannie T gets exposed and offs him before she goes up the river? LOL

Good show today--thanks for the write-up. Boy, Theresa sure is getting annoying, but it is nice seeing her scared. John waking up is great--it's been too long, and I'm not even a huge fan of his character.
I'm really glad that Victor brought Caroline to her senses. Hope deserves a man that will treat her well. I'm just loving her with Aiden. So much chemistry! I also like that things are starting to fall apart for EJ. A nice buildup.

EJ really needs a new financial planner. Despite being a major player in DiMera Enterprises for years, he's seems to have nothing stashed away in Swiss bank accounts, has no stacks of gold bars in safe deposit boxes, and possesses no porfolio consisting of blue chip stocks. As a result, he was in dire financial straits after Kate and Sami stage a very hostile takeover and now again when vengeful daddy pulls his credit. And his dear fatha is no better. Somehow this arch-criminal who headed a company bearing his name somehow acquired a board with people who would dare to vote him out of power. Somewhere, Santo DiMera must be shaking his head over the incompetence of his son and grandson.

I figured that John had deduced that Theresa hit him, but there was no good way to visually show his thought process so they stuck the actual clip of her doing it into his memories. The montage reminded me of that dizzying set of flashbacks when Daniel figured out that Nicole shredded the papers, only the special effects were better.

Actually, John was sitting facing Brady when he got hit, so he knew it was not Brady, and he remembered shrugging Theresa off and her being behind him. I am glad John is not as stupid as the Salem PD seems to be. They knew John was hit with a poker, and should have been able to tell if the poker was wielded by a right or left handed person.
But then, they don't have Ducky from NCIS, or Maura from Rizzoli & Isles, or even someone like Quincy, M.E. in their forensics dept.
Theresa said Brady hit John with the poker. End of story. LOL

Back