Days of Our Lives - Fri., Oct. 30, 2015

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Friday, October 30, 2015

Yes, a new day finally dawned in Salem at last. Julie & Caroline are putting the finishing touches to the now, fully renovated Martin house, in expectation of the wedding. Steve & Bo are airborne with Steve getting out of his seat a lot, while Bo stays put. They are finally in U.S. airspace, but still no radio. Hope is surprised with breakfast/brunch fixed by the now teenage Chase & Ciara, and surprised/happy when Shawn arrives.

Aiden has been sleeping at his desk, but goes to see Stefano & Andre'telling them he cannot do it, will not kill Hope. Andre' gets very upset, scolding Aiden as he promised to pay them back with the insurance money after they bailed him out from the threatening loan shark. Aiden has a better plan, figures he can get Chad off pleading insanity, and since it is such a big case, Aiden will get lots of high paying clients, charge big fees and pay them back. Oh, Chad may have to spend a few months in a sanitarium...Stefano interrupts.....absolutely NOT.

Shawn gives his mother something borrowed from Belle, a necklace. It is the one with the rubies that Shawn & Belle recovered for Alice (on that island one summer) and Alice gave it Belle to wear for her wedding to Shawn. Nice conversation. Later, Hope, Shawn, Chase & Ciara are evidently talking via Skype to Belle & Claire, call is ended, Aiden calls, just missed it all. Hope talks him out of stopping by, because Julie & Caroline are coming with her dress. They exchange I love you talk.
Julie & Caroline arrive with the dress, Hope is happy (kids gone) but Caroline is filled with fear, she is having visions of Bo being in danger. Hope gets upset, Caroline leaves, Hope sends Julie to be with her.

Time filler conversations with other Salemites. Nicole brings Daniel a suit she got for him, he has some awful jacket, looks like it should be for a clown, sort of a aqua patchwork quilt number. Theresa is at the Pub, working on some designs, Brady arrives, she got him a suit, a vintage one, she had altered and jazzed up a bit. He refuses it. Later, Daniel & Brady talk of the the gals, the suits, Daniel thinks maybe Brady is falling for someone else besides Melanie.

In the square, Theresa is working on her designs (don't you hate Basic Black has no offices?) Nicole arrives, compliments her, thinks she is good but will get no where as Kate won't let her. Advises her to stand up for herself. Kate arrives for the meeting, tells Theresa to go for coffee. Nicole makes herself scarce saying phone call, Theresa tells Kate to get off her butt and get her own coffee. She now lets Kate know she is a partner, equal, Kate is not going to shove her around, she is not going to be Anne Hathaway to Kate's Meryl Streep, and she definitely won't be the Grand Poobah of this partnership. They are all equal. Kate takes it all with good grace, just tells Theresa equal partner means pulling her weight, Nicole returns, smiles. Kate has to leave, Nicole tells Theresa she is proud of her.

At the cop shop, Justin is talking to Marlena, who wants to talk to Chad, Justin refuses until Chad's lawyer arrives. Doesn't want to ruin any chance of Marlena's testimony being compromised. Chad is in handcuffs, in the interrogation room. When Rafe & Justin leave Marlena alone, she goes in to see Chad. He wonders why she is there, and really looks so forlorn. She wanted to see if his amnesia was fake, he repeats that he could never kill anyone. Rafe brings Aiden in, who starts yelling that he was not informed Marlena was in with his client. But she says she asked no one's permission, wanted to look in Chad's eyes, and see if he is the one who attacked her. She says he is NOT the killer.

Hope has her wedding dress on, is twirling around in front of a mirror. Aiden is looking at her thru a window. Stefano is playing chess with Andre'. Makes a move that picks up a small chess piece. He twirls it, grinning, as Andre' smiles. Rafe comes into the interrogation room, taking away Chad, still in cuffs.
Julie has brought the worried Caroline back to the Martin house, sits her in a chair, goes off for water.
All thru the show there are scenes of Caroline being upset, and the guys on the plane, which runs into an electrical storm. Steve returns, straps himself into his seat, Both guys have referred to the trip back from Ireland, how this is a breeze, compared to that one. (Plane crashed in a jungle in Greenland with a lot of Salemites aboard...for those who were not watching back then).
Back at the Martin house, Caroline is suddenly in different clothes, elegantly dressed, hair just beautiful. But she is getting these visions of Bo in danger, is gasping. We see lightning flashes on the plane, it goes dark inside, is losing altitude, light fixtures sparking. Caroline keeps gasping , Julie comes out also dressed to the nines, looking at Caroline, who is covering her face with her hands.On board the plane, which is being battered, Bo is looking desperate.

Last edited:
I do hate it that Basic Black doesn't have offices. We have the total Pub set back, Marlena's townhouse, the police station and Hope's house, although I'm still waiting for the rest of the DiMansion. Without Eric's apartment and all those hotel rooms, you would think we could have at least Basic Black. We really don't see much of TBD anymore or the Edge. Perhaps after the Gala, we'll get back to the "real" Salem.

Except we do have Eric's apartment in the form of Ben and Abby's apartment:rolleyes: which is the same set redressed. Though I do think we have lost Will and Sonny's apartment now that Gabi lives with Rafe. Let's see if we actually get to see that set.

The only thing that would have made the ruby necklace mention better would have been including Shawn and Belle flashbacks with it. I think Kirsten Storms played Belle at the time but that shouldn't matter since the character is off-screen.

Nice to see the group at Hope's skyping Belle. Glad to see Shawn had his ring on today.

I'm kind of over Bo and Steve being on the airplane. This has been going on all week now. Will these 2 ever interact with anyone else??? I think Caroline's vision of Bo knocked out is from the air pressure change, not from the plane crashing. Though I do think they may get stuck for a while. But they will miraculously, probably still arrive in Salem the same day.

I already miss Lauren Boles (young Ciara).

Can't stand Kate or Jeannie T. but I liked Jeannie T. telling Kate off. Can they PLEASE get a real office set???

Thank you for the summary.

I, too, liked the references to the past that were in today's show.

Aiden lurking outside Hope's window was just plain creepy. Oh please, kill this guy off or throw him in jail when all is revealed. I can't believe that I was rooting for him as a good guy not all that long ago.

Yep, enough of Bo and Steve trying to get home. Just get them back to Salem already. This is too far fetched even for MacGyver (played by Richard Dean Anderson on the old tv show). When this is over, I'll be interested in how they explain Caroline's psychic connection to Bo.

It is great to see Shawn Douglas, but it'll take me a while to get used to teenage Ciara and Chase. It might be easier if I could see the show on days other than Friday.

I do agree that a montage regarding the necklace would have been nice, but they'd have had to pay Kirsten Storms (ex-Belle) to use it, no?

They've been using photos of other past characters as well (i.e. Petrov). No reason they couldn't show a couple clips.

By montage, I was referring to the non-verbal scenes they used to transition from day to night in this episode. The Shawn and Belle clips were a separate thought.

Agree. A great big no to a teenage Ciara. Lauren Boles in the role was a gift that kept on giving. Viewers are now deprived of her magic backpack and schemes to get to the Baron's jewelry counter, and will now presumably be subjected to well-worn, teen-themed story lines. On other subjects, to borrow a line from the old Boy George song, Aiden Jennings is a real karma chameleon, quickly switching from pathetic pawn to assertive attorney. Aiden's pawn-masters are now revealed as a pair of real party poopers. Imagine the groans when Andre and the Stefano bring their odious presence to the big anniversary celebration. Speaking of these two, they seem to have overlooked the implications of a major member of the Salem P.D. being murdered. The mighty Rafe would leave no stone unturned, and might just be able to follow the trail of crumbs straight to the DIMansion gate. Finally, there was more evidence today that the Phoenix really isn't all that good a chess player -- bringing out his queen so early in the game, a move that is generally frowned on by chess afficonados.

I thought it was funny Ciara can cook since Hope can't.

Steve talked to Bo about the flight from Ireland and this one wasn't so bad.
Then this flight got worse.

Nice to see Brady and Daniel talk.

So Brady no longer loves Melanie.... that love didn't last very long.

I hope Caroline's vision is wrong about the plane. Remember Bo's
vision
with Hope and Roman being "under cover" was wrong.

Will Stefano and Andre crash Hope's wedding?

Will the plane crash?

Will Bo get there in time to stop the wedding?

We'll just have to stay tuned :)

They've been using photos of other past characters as well (i.e. Petrov). No reason they couldn't show a couple clips.

By montage, I was referring to the non-verbal scenes they used to transition from day to night in this episode. The Shawn and Belle clips were a separate thought.

I completely understood what you meant, but I think they pay less in royalties for pictures than footage, which was my point. Besides that, the actress who played Belle then is on another show now, there could be a contract issue as well.

Me too. NOT looking forward to teen storylines, but maybe they'll surprise us.

Loved the Zack mention.

STEFANO AND ANDRE ARE NOT ALLOWED TO TALK ABOUT TOM AND ALICE. Let alone compare themselves to her.

Brady and Melanie = :sick::sick::sick::sick:. Let's keep that worthless story in the file with Melaswen, the Garden of Eden, and the Alimanian marriage.

Back