Days of Our Lives - Fri., Oct. 31, 2014

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Friday, October 31, 2014

Brady gets off the elevator, finding the door to Daniel's apartment ajar. He walks in, puzzled. In the bedroom, Daniel & Kristen are rolling around, kissing passionately, his shirt and her blouse off. Brady stands outside that doorway, an angry, disgusted expression on his face. He turns, walks into the living room, glances around, paces a bit, then leaves the apartment.
Daniel & Kristen are still rolling around, when suddenly Daniel stops. He cannot do this. Kristen says she cannot either. Both put their shirts back on, are in the living room, commenting on "not doing it". Kristen says she is leaving town today, has nothing to keep her there, assures Daniel no blabbing, kisses him on the cheek, then a quick, fast kiss on the mouth and she is out the door.

Brady goes to Club TBD, orders a scotch, double, neat. The drink is put in front of him, he stares at it, as he has flashbacks of learning it was Theresa who hit his father, and then of Kristen & Daniel on the bed. He grabs the glass......but then sets it down. "You are worth it, neither of you are". He storms out.

Eve answers her door to find Eric with the picture proofs. She gets all flirty as usual, saying they can spend the whole day together deciding about these pictures. She is non-stop talking as she tells how her daughter will be gone all day, Dr. Chung had to reschedule pre-op for tonight, so though she cannot drink herself, she offers him his choice of red or white wine. She is rather insistent, tho Eric declines. She goes on and on about him getting to know the real her, has to listen to one of her albums, then he can choose a picture that depicts the "real me". Eric gets a bit overwhelmed, barely gets a chance to speak, and fortunately gets a text and has to leave right now.

Theresa is standing at the elevator, staring at John, telling him this isn't over. The elevator door opens, Marlena steps out, sees the stare fest going on. Theresa is babbling away, other staffers are staring. Theresa claims John got Brady all upset, he is pretty calm, denies it, she stops them both, insists they take this to her office.
Once there, Theresa continues with her babbling, accusing John of lying, making up stories, but he calmly tells Marlena that Kristen recorded Theresa admitting she is the one who hit John with the poker. Theresa denies it, talking of how Kristen just spliced together her words to make it sound that way, reminding Marlena of the tape of Eric & Kristen.Probably a fake. John notes that he remembers everything, Theresa continues to babble, he already told the cops he did not, now he changed his story. She finally takes off. John tells Marlena that it took him a couple of days, but it all did come back to him. He just did not want Brady all grateful to Kristen for the drug that pulled John out of the coma. Now he leaves, has to find his son. We later see him at the Kmansion, where Henderson says he hasn't seen Brady since this morning.

A restless JJ is home, trying to reach Paige, who isn't answering his texts or phone calls. He tries playing guitar, puts it aside. He quickly answers his phone, tis Aunt Maggie checking on him, asking about his gramma, who came thru the surgery fine, so his mom said. Next he answers the door, there is Rory, who is still mad, but feels guilty as he knows JJ was upset, and wanted to talk, and he blew him off. So now he is here. JJ tells him how he has been having a problem telling Paige. Rory figures this was all eons ago, before they were born, why should it matter. JJ worries that perhaps he might be like his dad. Rory tells him to lighten up, come to the kegger party, no costumes. JJ finally agrees, has one beer, wants to leave. Bev is watching from the bushes or something, as Rory talks JJ into having another . Bev seems to like that idea.

Paige is talking with Kayla about the hospital, the internship, but seems distracted. She claims at first that yes, it is JJ. but then retracts, saying it is her mother, her surgery is tomorrow, she wants to be there for her. Kayla nods, understands.

Hope sits in the square, a fake monster hand taps her shoulder, she looks up to find a gruesome ghoul mask on a man, smiles, Hi Aiden. LOL. He is disappointed she wasn't scared, but she reminds him she doesn't scare easily. She is sorry she had to cancel the picnic, so thoughtful of him. They talk of the kids, the school party, then trick or treating. He suggests that after all that is over, they watch a couple of scary movies with the kids. She loves the idea, but Ciara cannot pick out the movies, her choices would scare Hannibel Lector. They decide on Gremlins and Arachaphobia. He figures to throw in 6th sense for good measure. He goes to get the movies, while she goes for the gourmet popcorn. She bumps into a woman, someone she has not seen for 10 years. The woman is only there for a bit, is going back right away, just had to take care of a couple of things. Good to see you, maybe next time we can have lunch. Hope takes off, the woman notices the ghoul mask on the table, picks it up, starting to call after Hope. Aiden rushes up, smiling, saying, "that's mine", she turns, he sees her face, his changes to displeasure. She says "Aiden Jennings..long time!"

Kayla goes to see a surprised Eve, just wanting to wish her well on her surgery tomorrow. She then talks of what a great person Paige is, smart, quick to catch on, etc. Then notes that Paige seems disturbed/upset about something, Eve's attitude about JJ. Eve hops on the "JJ is no good, just like his father".. Kayla tries reasoning with her, they are two different people. Eve disagrees, Jack Deveraux was a no good S.O.B. and JJ is just like him. Outside the door, Paige has arrived home, stops herself from going in as she hears the voices. Kayla denies Jack was a bad guy, but Eve can't believe she would say that. He raped you. Outside the door, Paige is taken aback.

Theresa meets up with Anne at the Pub, is all in a rush and upset, wants to see Anne's purse. Anne is protesting, Theresa grabs it, opens it, finds the bug. Reminds Anne she warned her about Kristen. Anne is puzzled, til Theresa tells her it is a bug. A bit of name calling ensues, with Theresa finally assuring Anne that she is not going going to get kicked to the curb this time. She is going to find Brady and make this right.

Eric arrives to see Marlena who texted him, learns what happened with John/Brady/Theresa. Daniel arrives, he is filled in, promises to let them know if he sees Brady.

Kristen arrives at her room, puts in her key, opens the door, and hears her name called. She turns, there stands Brady.

It's bad enough they suddenly wrote Daniel out of character to put him with Kristen when he had no interest in her whatsoever. Now, suddenly, JJ doesn't think to try to get in touch with Daniel when he's depressed, after Jen's big upset was that JJ is going to Daniel's constantly???

The first scene with Rory was good. I liked that Rory acted like he was still JJ's friend and was almost himself. Too bad they had to ruin it by writing JJ out of character. No matter how depessed he was, JJ would never go to that kind of party--it was sooo contrived when he did the first time and equally out of character that he'd give in to Rory pressuring him after NOT giving in for more than a year no matter what Rory said.

Thank G-d Daniel stopped things before they went any further with Kristen (the only thing that made sense in that whole storyline). And no, it wasn't because she wasn't wearing a hospital gown since it's been estabilshed both by the passage of time and by the scenes with him and Eve back in May or June that he learned from his past mistakes. It was because he realized what he was doing and stopped. That was a bright spot in the mess that has been this storyline.

Brady seriously creeped me out walking into Daniel's bedroom and watching without saying anything. Door ajar or not, when you walk into someone's living room and don't see them, you don't go into their bedroom and watch them make out with somebody. That was beyond weird.

Someone needs to call the cops about Theresa instead of arguing with each other over who did what wrong. :rolleyes:

I have mixed feelings about today's episode.

I agree with HM--Brady just standing there watching them was weird. If I saw my friend in bed with someone else, I'd be out the door in a nanosecond!! I am glad Brady didn't end up drinking though. But when he said "the one person I can trust", I wish he'd gone to Nicole's place instead, or Eric's. That said, at least he knows the truth, and it will make for juicy drama.

I am glad Kristen didn't do the deed with the Love Doctor. But after they stopped, they were still checking each other out. I was convinced they'd end up in bed, but then Kritter just kissed him and left. And of course, references to him and Jennifer...please let that NOT be a hint that they're going to end up back together.

I was disappointed that we didn't get more of a reaction out of Marlena when she learned the truth about what Theresa did to John. I was expecting a huge blowup, one of those big hay-off slaps...but nothing.

Eve's scenes with Eric were filler and especially with the annoying moaning were awful.

Aiden & Hope are cute together, and I'm intrigued by Bree. Look forward to seeing what happens on Monday.

The teen set is boring, but I'm actually glad JJ is getting a night out. I agree with Rory that JJ needs to find a new girl. Even now that Paige knows the truth and will hopefully put two and two together and realize why JJ was being distant, she doesn't deserve him.

I'm surprised Daniel didn't pull away from Kristen and say "I can't do this.... you're not wearing a hospital gown... I'm just not in the mood".
Good point. By now, Kristen should have realized that a see-through blouse and leather skirt just wouldn't cut it with Dr. McScruffy. On other topics:
Halloween Costumes: If Ciara wanted to really frighten Salemites, she'd dress up as Sami. Imagine the shock and surprise of all those who thought they were getting a break from the Salem screecher.
Rory's Textbooks: What was Rory doing with an organic chemistry book? Is this part of a Salem U. plan to have all the slackers flunk out by Christmas?
Kristen's tape: Somebody should tell John that just like Nick Fallon's Lucas-Will recording, the Kristen tape is inadmissible in court because it was obtained in violation of the law.
Eve = Eric?: Eve would be right about this if a conniving, manipulative woman is the functional equivalent of a sanctimonious, sourpuss of a man.

Yes, for the very important, can't wait, news story about the U of M athletic director! Thanks for the summary, Poirot.

@Dr.BakerFan, "Amen" re the organic chemistry! Did you get the impression that Rory is changing? Bev may be losing another party partner...

The teen set is boring, but I'm actually glad JJ is getting a night out. I agree with Rory that JJ needs to find a new girl. Even now that Paige knows the truth and will hopefully put two and two together and realize why JJ was being distant, she doesn't deserve him.

Don't get me wrong--I think JJ deserves better than Paige too, and want him to have some fun, but I was disturbed by the drinking going on. I don't want to see JJ going down the same path Brady did, with thinking getting drunk all the time is okay as long as he's not doing drugs, and it seemed like that's where this was headed.

@DrBakerFan I noticed Rory's textbook too. I think he bought a complicated-sounding textbook to carry around so that he looks like a real student. That way if someone like Jen comes along he can defend himself by claiming he's only reading a comic book while taking a break from his studies.

Thank you writers for Brady not drinking and Kristen/Daniel didn't do it.

Very strange to see Brady just stand there and look at them rolling
around in bed. I think I saw smoke come of out his ears when he
was standing in the living room.

I laughed when JJ said he was cold at the party. He's not like his
mom who wears summer clothing all year :)

Paige found out Jack attacked Kayla today. I wonder if
she will confront JJ about it next.

I enjoyed Theresa and Anne.

Marlena understood why John lied about his attack. Too bad
John is wrapped up in Brady again instead of trying to resolve
things with Marlena :(

I enjoyed Hope and Aiden today. It's going to be interesting
to learn how Bree knows Adien. I wonder if Bree is short
for something else.

Another badly edited episode. Why was Eric even on? He was on for like 3 minutes at the beginning and end. Hope and Aiden were also hardly on. And scenes just seemed to be in a weird order.

And is this supposed to be the same day as Sami left? Because I think it is but it seems like half of Salem is treating it like a new day again. I was very confused.

Another episode where Kayla treats Eve and Paige like strangers and Eric has no clue who Eve is.

I was surprised Marlena wasn't angry at John but I was even more surprised that she didn't go with him to find Brady.

I liked that Kristen and Daniel didn't do the deed and also liked that Brady stopped himself from drinking. But that entire scene I was waiting for Eric to walk in and put his hand over the glass.

I also thought it was odd that we saw Brady walk in to the apartment and very next scene he was standing in the bedroom. Why wouldn't he call Daniel's name first?

I'm interested in Bree but hope she doesn't break up Hope and Aiden. My guess is she knows the truth about his wife.

I was kind of mixed on the Hope and Aidan thing. I appreciate that they are getting something to do after concluding the "will they/won't they" portion of their story but it seemed kind of contrived right off the bat at first. I mean Hope just HAPPENS to run into Bree a woman she hasn't seen in like ten years. Okay I can buy that but then she just HAPPENS to know Aiden?

I know that willful suspension of disbelief is a prerequisite of daytime television viewing but it seemed a bit much for me at first. Then as I sat down to type this very insightful post (as I'm sure you'll agree) I remembered Bree saying that she was living in Portland and Chase mentioning to Aidan that he wished they could go back to the beach house they had on Puget Sound. Which means both Aidan and Bree were both living in the Pacific Northwest which still covers a lot of territory, I know since I lived here my whole life but if they both lived in the Portland-Seattle area that makes running in the same circles more likely.

I guess I'm kind of rambling and maybe I'm thinking too much into things but it wouldn't surprise me if this isn't just some random encounter at least on Bree's part because she didn't seem all that surprised to run into Aidan. The important thing is this seems new and shiny so I have decided to put aside my initial reservations and go along for the ride.

(And the board breathes a collective sigh of relief. :))

You know, Heroic Muse I think if he put his mind to it, Eric could blame Nicole shredding those papers for any number of scenarios to illustrate here are a couple of examples:

Nicole: Eric, you can't blame this John/Brady/Theresa mess on me shredding those papers.

Eric: Nicole, if you hadn't shredded those papers I would have had my position in the church and hired Theresa as my assistant at the rectory a position she would have happily accepted because she trusts me as her cousin and as a Man of God. Instead of constantly getting high with Brady and running off to Las Vegas to marry him for financial gain she would have too busy helping me plan church picnics and bingo games. She would not have had time to render John comatose with that poker. Deny it all you want Nicole but this is on you. *storms off leaving Nicole dumbfounded*

Nicole: E.J.'s death had nothing to do with the evidence.

Eric: I could have set up a children's bible study class which Allie, Johnny and Sydney would have attended. So instead of wandering around the woods at night E.J. would have been picking up his children. Now my sister is a widow and my niece and nephew have lost their father. Damn you, Nicole.

Nicole: Eric you cannot seriously be blaming Gabi killing Nick on me!

Eric: If you had done the right thing and handed those papers over I would have been reinstated into the priesthood. I would have been available to provide Nick and Gabi with the spiritual guidance they both needed. And now a troubled young man is dead and my grandniece Arianna, will spend at least the first ten years of her life without her mother. How DO you live with yourself?

Back