Days of Our Lives - Fri., Sept. 11, 2015

It's been awhile a Salem night turned into a Salem morning.

I don't think Theresa or Brady saw what was on the tablet about Paige.

We saw new location today with Adrienne and Lucas. Somewhere
close to water.

I'm glad Shane knows about Paige. Surprised Eve told Marlena about JJ.

Is someone is playing a trick on Caroline and she's not sick?

I enjoyed the story Julie told Maggie and Caroline. I wish there were
more flashbacks with Shawn.

Maybe Victor doesn't like Daniel's facial hair :)

Wow! Those scenes between Marlena and Eve had me blubbering. I sure never thought I would say this [because I hate the Eve character] but I think it might be possible to redeem her.
I can't stand Eve and to me she got what she deserves! And to me there is no redeeming her. Her hatred for Jennifer and JJ caused all of this and the fact that she slept with her daughter's boyfriend. This is a sick woman as is her sister Theresa.

Marlena and Eve were brilliant scenes. See, give Eve something to work with and some adults to interact with! I hope she has more therapy with Marlena, and between Paige's death and the therapy she softens a little.

I also adored Kate and Theresa. Theresa basically just enrolled herself in the Kate Roberts School of Business and I love it.

Maybe Kate & Theresa would be more to look forward to if I didn't dislike Kate so much. Theresa will be putty in Kate's hands, and will easily be squashed under Kate's thumb. I do wish Theresa would go back to using Jeannie, but am guessing the change is because the name was too close, when shortened to Jennie (Jennifer).
Meanwhile Nicole will have her hands full when she realizes that Kate is the "silent partner".
She really needs a good lawyer to spell out the partnership, with Kate's name never appearing. LOL Gonna be fun when she learns who Theresa's partner is. Ugh.

The thing is, a silent partner has no sayso, usually. I mean they may have money invested, and could get a share of profits, but usually have no say in the day to day operations.
Probably Dr. Baker can weigh in with this, but right now, Nicole is of the belief she & Theresa are 50/50 partners. Theresa is the one who has to split whatever her ownership would be with her backer.
It just seems to me, that Theresa would owe a monetary debt to Kate, but, then, knowing Kate, she had all sorts of strings attached to her offer. Nicole originally turned her down, Theresa doesn't know this, and thus, as I said, will be putty in Kate's hands.

It will be chaos if the three are equal partners. I once heard a polygamist's opinion that one had to have either 2, or 4 wives. If you had 3, it was a "2 against 1" situation. :)

I've always felt this is true of almost any situation--from kids playing together to adult friends getting together. It always seems lopsided when there are three.

I am also shocked because I haven't been a fan of the character, but Eve is just killing me now. Kassie DePaiva is certainly bringing it with her performance. Still so sorry that Paige is dead. Also very disappointed we haven't seen any more of JJ. He has to be devastated too, why aren't we seeing it?

Glad Adrienne wants to try to save her marriage. I didn't like her and Lucas because of how they just flaunted their relationship when she was still a married woman.

Eric getting drunk. Didn't see that coming. Seems a little weird to me. He use to be a priest. I would think he has other ways to deal with issues.

Yep, that was nothing new. Both Paige & her mother mentioned it several times.
It happened 8 years ago if they stick with the story, too.
I can't stand Eve and to me she got what she deserves! And to me there is no redeeming her. Her hatred for Jennifer and JJ caused all of this and the fact that she slept with her daughter's boyfriend. This is a sick woman as is her sister Theresa.
How exactly did her hatred for Jen/affair with JJ cause Paige's death at the hands of a serial killer?

Fantastic episode. Too bad so many clips were cut. There was a really odd scene/possible cut when Julie was talking by the staircase, too. I did like the Shawn/Caroline flashbacks...and her seeing Shawn in the mirror. Spooky, touching, and very realistic.

Under the previous writers, Eve/Justin would've boinked. I'm glad they acted like adults.

Nice to see the "river" again, too. I think I'll enjoy Nicole/Kate/Jeannie T in cahoots.

Eric...comedy drunk of Salem? Move over, Otis. LOL

Can't rave enough about the scene with Eve/Marlena. Bummed we didn't get to see Shane called, even if he didn't appear...but glad he was finally mentioned.

Last edited:
Glad Adrienne wants to try to save her marriage. I didn't like her and Lucas because of how they just flaunted their relationship when she was still a married woman.
Justin had an ongoing affair long before Adrienne & Lucas began. We may not have seen the woman, but sure heard enough about her, & Justin admitted he was the one who strayed and caused the problems.
And Hope also was with Aiden before her divorce. These husbands no longer were "with" their wives. They had left them. Bo going off to find himself or something , whille Justin just stayed in Dubai ignoring any contact from family.

New Maybe Kate & Theresa would be more to look forward to if I didn't dislike Kate so much. Theresa will be putty in Kate's hands, and will easily be squashed under Kate's thumb. I do wish Theresa would go back to using Jeannie, but am guessing the change is because the name was too close, when shortened to Jennie (Jennifer).

I totally agree about Kate. I actually think it's how the writers are trying to "redeem" Jeannie T. Since the character has done so many awful things, they soften her by associating her with an even worse character in Kate. As for the name, we've had many characters on at the same time with similar sounding names: Abby/Gabi, John/Johnny, Will/Billie, etc. I think it just a way for the old writers to make a legacy character their own.

Interesting to see the day change 45 minutes into the episode. I haven't seen that in years but it used to happen halfway through.

I'm very disappointed that Jeannie T does not know about Paige yet. You'd think Roman would have told her right after he told Eve. And Kayla too. Plus Eve calling Marlena first made no sense even though I enjoyed the scenes. Just really poorly executed. Kassie Depaiva (Eve) is killing it. I thinking killing off Paige was a necessary evil for Eve and for the show.

Drunk Eric was hilarious. I hope he takes that job offer from Nicole.

Justin had an ongoing affair long before Adrienne & Lucas began. We may not have seen the woman, but sure heard enough about her, & Justin admitted he was the one who strayed and caused the problems.
And Hope also was with Aiden before her divorce. These husbands no longer were "with" their wives. They had left them. Bo going off to find himself or something , whille Justin just stayed in Dubai ignoring any contact from family.
I am still really disappointed that they have played it that Justin did have an affair. I absolutely thought it was gonna turn out different. Still I didn't like Adrienne and Lucas being so out there. :)

How exactly did her hatred for Jen/affair with JJ cause Paige's death at the hands of a serial killer?

By spitefully telling Kyle (Clyde) about JJ's being an apprentice narc?

Based upon his behavior, I'm starting to suspect that Eric is at least one of the killers. :(

But Eve expected JJ to be the one to be in danger. She was perfectly happy with her daughter dating drug dealer Kyle, because he was not Jennifer's relative.
Eve did not care who got hurt, killed, injured, jailed when she planted that bug and used the info to out JJ to Kyle.
But.......hey, there is absolutely NO PROOF that Clyde or his minion is the necktie killer.

So really, we don't know Paige died because Eve fingered JJ as being a spy.

I thought it was a pretty good show. Rarely are there 2 days in one show. I thought there was some missed opportunities for good drama though. I would have wanted to see JJ tell his mother what happened and then have Jennifer possibly reach out to Eve in her time of trouble. Would have been nice to see 2 enemies come together for once. Also was not really understanding why Theresa would not know about her own niece or why it wasn't on splashed on a tv screen for the characters that were on the show that day to see. With the way we are with social media these days anything that is major news is instant now.

I was also disappointed that when Eve called Marlena, she didn't tell Brady and John about Paige. That would have been a good opportunity to Brady to tell Jeannie T. Instead we get her telling John the next morning.

So far both these murders have had lackluster aftermaths. I realize these were not major characters but both Serena and Paige were involved with major characters. The most we've seen so far is Eve crying and Eric drunk 2 weeks later.

Back