Days of Our Lives - Fri., Sept. 12, 2014

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Friday, September 12, 2014

Daniel is injecting John's IV with the new drug as Marlena & Brady watch. Brady is asking John to come on, wake up, Daniel reminds them it is a slow acting drug, and they won't see anything til maybe tomorrow. He asks Brady to come with him, wants to tell him more details. At his apartment, Daniel fills Brady in on "the rest of the story"...that the drug came from Kristen, who wants to not only get back with him, but a get out of jail free card for herself as well. He tells how Eric promised not to testify, if she gave them the drug. Brady is having a fit, talks of how much he hates Kristen, and leaves to go see Eric.

Marlena stays with John, telling him she gave him up once, and won't do it again. She texts Roman to come there, and when he arrives, tells him that their son made a huge sacrifice for her, for Brady and for John, and to go talk to him. He needs his dad.
Nicole is trying to find out what is going on, knows there is a lockdown on John's floor. She sees Eric in the Pub, goes in, tries to get him to spill, but he refuses. She goes on about being a reporter, and Miles wanting the story, but Eric is mum. However he does tell her that something is going on, and nothing may come of it at all. She finally leaves as Roman arrives.
Eric tells his dad about agreeing not to testify against Kristen in exchange for the drug, Roman urges him to reconsider, that Kristen cost him his calling. Nope he gave his word, and is not going to be a priest again. He is going to try and sell some of the photos he took in Africa on a web site he is creating. Brady arrives, has heard what Eric did for him and his dad, is thanking him over and over.

Anne runs into Maggie, tries to pump her for info about whatever is going on with John, that Daniel & Kayla are together, and all hush hush, but Maggie knows nothing No, Daniel has not told her, probably none of her business and none of Anne's either.

Theresa and Kristen are facing off in the Kiriakis living room, where Kristen tells Theresa about the drug, and John waking up, Theresa drops her glass, says no, no, he can't wake up. Theresa is panicking, but then figures Kristen is making it all up to rattle her, just out to get Brady, but she won't, as when Brady saw Kristen, and got upset, he came straight to Theresa for comfort, and they made love. Kristen is disbelieving, but Theresa taunts and goads and angry Kristen, who tells her to shut her mouth, and when Theresa doesn't, proceeds to strangle her. They end up on the sofa, as Maggie comes in, pulling Kristen off Theresa, wanting to know what is going on. Kristen apologizes for invading Maggie's home, and leaves.
Theresa babbles on about Kristen claiming she came up with a drug to get John out of his coma. Maggie contemplates this, causing Theresa some alarm. Maggie gets Theresa to leave, then calls Daniel to ask about what she heard about John. Daniel won't verify, but only says he cannot talk of patient's conditions. Also no one should count their chickens.

Maxine comes into John's room, to take his vitals. She promised Dr. Dan to do so and convey to him every hour. Marlena leaves the room for a bit, and there is Nicole, asking her questions again. Marlena takes her into another room, reluctantly tells her what is going on, and of the sacrifice Eric has made. Nicole wants to take Kristen down, suggests she and Marlena work together to do so. But Marlena makes it clear she will never, ever work together with Nicole, who realizes it is because of what she did to Eric. Marlena confirms it.
Anne has texted Theresa to meet her in the square, but Theresa is all worked up. They exchange only a few words before Theresa comes up with an idea on what she has to do.

EJ is meeting with Clyde, trying to be intimidating, but Clyde doesn't seem to be worried at all, even with EJ making the comment that crossing him could result in lethal consequences. He gives Clyde one week to prove to him he can make EJ a big profit, but EJ is putting up no money. He also warns Clyde not to contact him directly. Later he phones Miguel, having him follow Clyde 24/7, and not to let him out of his sight for a second.

Kristen storms over to Daniel's, calling Theresa all kinds of names, that she is lying, blah, blah. Daniel tries to eject her, Kristen pays no mind. Just goes on and on about Theresa, finally asking Daniel if he used the drug. Yes, she knew he would Now Kristen goes on about Theresa saying she & brady made love, the look on Daniel's face confirms it. She is not happy about this, and begins babbling about Theresa's reaction when she heard about the drug, that John would wake up, how Theresa panicked, was terrified. And suddenly, the light bulb goes on. Of course! Brady didn't do it. It was Theresa, it was Theresa who hit John and put him in the coma!

Brady arrives home, Theresa enters, has something to tell him, something he has to know.

All thru the show, there are short scenes with the camera entering DiMansion, looking around the foyer, up the stairs, entering the study, looking around, stopping dead on the Kate/Sami painting.
EJ comes home, enters the study, sees a note, opens it, hears a noise, turns, and POW! He is hit in the jaw, looks up and there stands Chad." I am back."

Thanks for the write up. I haven't seen the show, but did Maggie really say something wasn't her business??? Since when??

I think I could go for a Daniel and Kayla pairing. I know it's just work but if Mary Beth Evans (Kayla) was available for more hours I would not be depressed.

Welcome home Chad.

edited to add actress' last name...JS

Why is Kristen acting like Daniel is her Best Friend Forever??? The constant contact between these two is just unbelievable. A few weeks ago Kristen had the man tied up and beaten. He then tied her up and threatened her before dragging her back to Salem. Now, they are almost inseparable. WHY??? I'm pretty sure this is irritating me because of my strong dislike of Daniel. It's apparent the writers had no clue what to do with Kristen's character this time around given her recent interactions.

Clyde is creepy and, I'm assuming, more dangerous than EJ believes. I'll say it again, his underestimating people will be his downfall.

I think I could go for a Daniel and Kayla pairing. I know it's just work but if Mary Beth Evans (Kayla) was available for more hours I would not be depressed.

edited to add actress' last name...JS

I could go for a Dan and Kayla pairing too. They look good together.

edited to fix quote...JS

Kristen really has no one to "rant" to.....and I do think Daniel could have been a bit more forceful in attempting to eject her from his apartment.
EJ won't listen to her, Jen has crossed her off her friend list, she can't find Brady, and has a restraining order against being in the hospital anywhere near John. Daniel should have called the cops, "unwelcome and uninvited person refusing to leave. With her out on bail...it would not set well with the cops.

I was pretty aggravated when Daniel closed the door, after telling her he wasn't going to do so. Heck with the neighbors hearing, maybe they would call the cops.

It seems no one else even thought of Theresa being the guilty one involved with John's coma. I never liked Kristen, but she finally saw the light bulb come on after her contention with Theresa. Could it be Kristen will be redeemed (transformed) before she leaves Salem again.:sarcasm:

edited to correct spelling of character's name...JS

Jeannie Theresa is slipping. She ought to get a grip and go running to Roman to report that Kristen tried to strangle her and that Salem's most unimpeachable source, Ruffles McRed, saw it. After Maggie confirms the story, Roman would gleefully toss the witch and her broom back in the slammer and then rush over to the hospital for John's grand reawakening. Theresa should also be getting her alibi in line in case Dr. McScruffy, the super sleuth, confronts her about her negative reaction to John's possible recovery. All she has to do is say that it's because John was always violently opposed to her relationship with Brady. Another Salemite who ought to upgrade his act is EJ. During the meeting of lowlifes, instead of being coolly professional, he was overtly rude to the perverse Clyde. (Is he trying to compensate for his grovelling to Sami by playing tough guy with the Poplar Bluff creep?) If he keeps this up, Elvis might just be on receiving end of a demonstration of the hirsute Jeremiah's skill with firearms.

I wouldn't say I dislike Daniel per se but whenever he's on the screen my mind wanders to other things like: U.S. foreign policy in Guatemala or is the reality we perceive indeed real or is it all the dream of some greater being. You know the kind of things I'm sure the Days writers want us to contemplate as we watch the show.

I don't know if it's because so clear that the writers want us as the audience to simply be impressed by the fact that Daniel Jonas exists or what but I just can't find any interest in the character.

I was confused by some things in the EJ/Clyde confrontation: First is it in now public knowledge that Jordan and Ben are brother and sister and Clyde's their father? Because if it isn't I don't know how EJ would be able to find that out by doing a background search on Clyde because a) Ben and Jordan changed their names and go by different last names and b) Clyde didn't know where Tammy Sue and Ollie (aka Ben and Jordan) were or what names they were going by until Kate told him. So that information would not be in any information about Clyde or is this a case of EJ simply being a DiMera and therefore like his father knows all?

And since when does Jordan loathe EJ? To my knowledge she has said all but five words to him which were "Hi, I'm looking for Rafe" when she showed up at the courthouse just before Gabi was transported to prison. How he survived that bout of her withering contempt I do not know. I'm guessing that he's just assuming that since Ben hates him Jordan must do so as well. Otherwise his including her in his comment made little sense.

I agree with crying4days, I think EJ is making a serious mistake in taking such a heavy-handed approach with Clyde and underestimating him. Clyde looked quite unimpressed and I don't think that bodes well for Elvis.

I'm assuming today had a replay of Dr. Dan administering the precious drug to John (haven't seen the show yet). Did anyone notice that Dan, the Super Doctor, injected the drug into the IV bag instead of the line? That's what it looked like to me. All that trouble for the medicine to leak on the floor? LOL

I am only guessing here, but perhaps EJ's detective is much better at his job than the one Kate hired. Her detective could not find out anything, even in the Ozarks, til she got him the picture of Ben.
With Clyde in town, trying to be in business with EJ, the background check got a lot easier. Clyde has been talking to Jordan at times, to Ben in the club, people overhear things. The background check on Clyde had to show that a couple of kids ran away from him some years ago, probably some pics existed at the local schools in Missouri.
EJ may use the same people, or kind of people that Stefano does. Obviously, being very careful.
Makes me laugh to hear Clyde talk about "product". You know, he could be talking of moonshine, tobacco, auto parts, anything.

P.S. I really HATE that Days constantly falls back on the drug scene in it's stories. Theresa, Brady, JJ, Rory, Bev., Kristen, Eric.....Days is so hung up on using that premise, next we may be seeing St. Luke's children being offered some.

You make some good points Poirot. Another thing I didn't really consider is that Clyde hasn't made his connection to Ben and Jordan a secret, much to their dismay I might add. So even if Ben and Jordan haven't made their relationship to each other general knowledge yet, it wouldn't be that hard for someone to dig up if they wanted really wanted if they looked hard enough.

A lot of interesting things on today's show.

I wonder if anyone who hadn't read the spoilers thought Stefano
came home and not Chad.

Daniel told Marlena and Brady they will know something tomorrow.
When will Salem tomorrow start?

So Roman, Theresa, NIcole, Anne and Maggie know the John has a drug.
Some know the complete truth. I wonder when the rest of Salem will find out.

I'm glad Daniel told Brady everything how John got the drug. Great scene when
Brady hugged Eric.

I didn't pay much attention to Clyde and EJ.

Great end with Chad hitting EJ.

Back