Days of Our Lives - Fri., Sept. 18, 2015

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Friday, September 18, 2015

John is on the phone, finding out about a guy named Ilia Petrov, Russian agent, to disappeared in 1987. He wants to find him, thinks he might have some info that John needs. Steve arrives, tells John about how his friend Monika said she gave Bo a ridge out of Hamburg to a freighter in the North Sea. He has the name, the MaryAnne, John does some checking and finds that ship regularly ran between Hamburg & Copenhagen. So Steve contacts his friend Axle, who runs a bar there, (amazing how both he and John have the numbers of old friends not seen in years on their cells, lol).
John's friend sends him the info about Ilia (we see his pic on the computer) who is teaching at a Winterthorne Academy in Vermont. He looks it up, lovely buildings.
Steve hears from his friend, yep, Bo was there, in and out but he left and went to Cancun. Steve is going to go there, and bring Bo back.

Rather boring scenes of Abby & Ben, going over bridal books, making small talk about party favors (Ben calls it swag for the guests), Abby suggests they marry at the newly renovated mansion, the one where Hope & Aiden are getting married in November. Abby figures it will be all decorated and everything, and since they are getting married before Christmas.it would work so well. Ben agrees, better than the other venues they checked out.
They have sex, go to sleep, Abby has really bad dreams about Chad being in jail, being taken away, and him asking for her, then another of him being taken away, her trying to stop it, saying he is innocent (good scenes) . She wakes up saying, no, no. Ben wakes up, she is shaking, had a bad dream, he asks if about him, she hesitates but then says yes, you, you left me, and the baby. Left us, she is sobbing. He assures her he will never let her go, will never leave her, then holds her, telling her to get back to sleep.

Gabi is all excited, hugging Ari, so happy to be out. Lots of happy small talk between Will, Rafe, Gabi, but all we know of the how is that Aiden found a mistake made by the judge, so it was all fixed for "time served". She is out for good. Rafe suggests they go out to eat, they head out to the Pub, are having a good time. Rafe asks where she will be living, he has a new place, extra bedrooms, she can come and go as she pleases. Oh, well, she thought she would just go back to the way they were before, that is if it is o.k. with Sonny. Oops, Rafe did not tell her, he grabs Ari, goes off for ice cream, leaving Will to tell Gabi the whole sordid tale, which he blames on Paul, of course, and never mentions the guy in L.A. Gabi thinks positively, tells Will that Sonny will be back, he loves him. Will does admit he knows that, but really screwed a lot of stuff up on his own. Rafe returns with Ari.

Marlena is with Chad, doing the hypno therapy. She gets him to relax, clear his mind, and goes back to being at his club, having a drink. Chad is answering her questions, how the room looked, the table, very few customers, drinking with Serena, who was wanting to just forget something like he was. He gets to kissing her, wanting more than that, her slapping him, leaving. Marlena asks him how he felt.....furious, he is talking, getting angrier with each word, who did she think she was, why better than him. Marlena calms him down, and brings him out of it. They have a long talk about how this will take time, but they will seek the truth, one day at a time, every single day. She talks of being a profiler for the Salem PD, and if they asked, she would have to tell them she was in session with Chad. She asks him what he would do if he found he was the one, he said he would give himself up, tell the police.

John has called Marlena, looking for them to have a quiet evening at home, just the two of them, mentions Steve being there, having a couple beers, but will have him gone. Rafe has left, Marlena gathers up her things, opens the door to leave, and there stands CLYDE. Seems he has come to pay his bill, for the last time he saw her, begins going on and on over how well he is doing, everything he touches more or less turns to gold. She is glad he is so fine, but warns that sometimes a feeling of euphoria like that is the beginning of a downward spiral. Oh, not to worry about Clyde, who begins talking about how busy she is, all her patients, and how she is profiling for the Salem PD on these 2 murders. He finally leaves, saying good night, and Marlena finally exhales. (yep, he does make one nervous, so creepy, for sure)

At DiMansion, Chad is pouring himself a drink, is thinking, calls Kayla. Has a question about some drugs. She advises searching the internet, but he suggests that him being on the board, along with the DiMera family funding the Children's wing, perhaps she could help him. LOL. She agrees, he asks about drugs that can make you black out, not remember. She said several, depends on the person, what other meds they might be on. He says what about mixing with alcohol. She notes a roofie, or "date rape" drug, asks if he thinks someone did that to him. He doesn't know, asks if it could still be in his system. No...would be flushed out 24-48 hrs. He thanks her, hangs up, starts thinking and rembering about being at the club. Serena leaves for the ladies room, commenting as she goes off about him having wonderful taste in scotch. Then Clyde behind him making his little aside about Serena. The lightbulb goes on, as Chad says aloud...... CLYDE WESTON!

So I almost watched live, today. "Almost" meaning that I wait until around 1:20 so that if I feel the need to FF, I can. Fortunately, this happens less and less since the new writers came on board. I would never dream of FF Steve, or John, or Marlena and Chad. Although today, I did hit the FF button a few times : the scenes with Abigail and Ben (not Abigail's nightmare, though). They are a terrible, terrible couple. So let me start with them, as we can move on to more interesting subjects after.

Ben is becoming more and more obsessed, not in love with Abigail. I definitely see the makings of a very violent man, very soon. He's going to snap I'm sure. And Abigail is still lying through her teeth (not that she deserves any kind of violence or an app on her phone to track her every move, mind you, as Ben could leave her if he knows he can't trust her), denying her feelings and it's painful to watch. And not in a good way. Because, while I think her and Chad have amazing chemistry, and I am glad that Abigail wants to help him, I think she brings Chad down. He deserves better than a woman who keeps sleeping with someone she doesn't love to forget him. That's... ewwww.

Now, Chad : Amazing acting, great storyline right now. I'm rooting for him. I love his interactions with Marlena. Although I am quite disappointed we only got to see the scenes we already saw with Serena. I wish we had had a little more, at least, something to give us hope and some clues. I hope this does not drag on too long and we don't get the same repeated scenes over and over again. Oh, and the new writers apparently make mistakes too. When Marlena was telling Chad to come out of it, she told him he would remember everything they talked about during the session. But the first thing Chad said when coming to was "did I say something useful" ? :confused: I thought he was supposed to remember !

Gabi, Rafe, Will, Ariana : Nice scenes. FINALLY, they were actually eating. Very natural, very well done. Too bad Will doesn't appear to take responsibilities anymore since yesterday with Marlena. That didn't last long, now, did it ? Anyway, I'm interested to see what happens now with the newly reunited family.

Clyde : Again, picture Chandler from "Friends" saying this : Can he BE anymore creepy ?

John, Steve : Funny to hear the characters say exactly what we've all been saying here : "just like the old days". I love them working together ! More of that, please. Though move this Bo thing along, please. I want them all back.

So, aside from crazy-in-the-making Ben and lying-through-her-teeth Abigail, it was a good show.

I actually thought it was realistic to see Abby and Ben planning their wedding. Good discussion. How often do we see scenes like that? But I agree that Ben is likely going to snap and soon. I wonder if it will come out that he has some type of mental illness? The dreams were well done (very primetime) as were Chad's flashbacks.

Clyde popping up at Marlena's office made me gasp. Too bad he wasn't written like this all along. This is how you write a villain.

Nice to see Marlena actually being a doctor. Great scenes with Chad.

Enjoyed Steve and John together but this needs to be moved along. Hopefully it is now. I also want to see other characters interacting with these characters. I feel like the last 4 weeks has featured only about a third of the cast and that is with losing several cast members too.

So happy to see Gabi and loved all her scenes but imagine if every convicted felon got out on a simple paperwork issue? :eek: Only in Salem folks!

So Gabi got out on a technicality? Well I like the explanation I came up with in my post yesterday better but I'll take it. :) To be fair though, the way I understood the conversation is that the courts were reviewing her case on the basis of extenuating circumstances (Nick's emotional abuse and blackmail etc) anyway, and then Aiden found this mistake by the judge at sentencing and that just expedited things. But as Joey Tribbani on "Friends" would say it's a "moo point" because Gabi is out and back on the show and all is right with the world.

Of course I absolutely :love::love::love: all of her scenes with Rafe, Arianna and Will. I thought it was a nice touch how she was shoveling food into her mouth like anybody who hadn't had a decent meal in a long time would do. As far as Will casting shade on Paul when telling her his version of events goes, I think at this point the poor boy simply can't help himself. I guess the feeling of good will that Gabi's return gives me is extending onto him.

Ben and Abigail: I tried to pay attention but there was this bird outside my window that was far more interesting.

Marlena and the Demented Duke of Depravity: Does anybody else find it interesting that this is the second time she told him that these feelings of "elation" that he has have a way of leading to a big time crash? Of course he's brushed her off both times. I'm more convinced then ever that he is going to get his before too much longer. And when that happy day comes the party will be at my place. Who wants to bring the potato salad?

Last edited:
They are really making Steve boring, and making me not give a hoot about Bo. Whatever they came up with to make Bo look better was going to be a stretch, so just do it and move things on for Steve and for Bo. This silly drivel of Steve looking like a crazy person and grasping at straws is killing Steve's return and the boring Bo on the floor, Bo dreaming, Bo eating mold is a waste of screen time.

My daughter called just after the show started. I paused it and then could FF through commercials and Ben and Abby. I do not care what they do! Felt the rest was very good and like watching Days in the old days!

They are really making Steve boring, and making me not give a hoot about Bo. Whatever they came up with to make Bo look better was going to be a stretch, so just do it and move things on for Steve and for Bo. This silly drivel of Steve looking like a crazy person and grasping at straws is killing Steve's return and the boring Bo on the floor, Bo dreaming, Bo eating mold is a waste of screen time.
Maybe this is just your opinion. Some of us are really enjoying it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am going to watch again but I am almost sure that Chad threw the "bloody" napkin on the table!!! Anyone else catch that part of the scene?
As a matter of fact, I also thought he left the napkin, but I watched it again on POP, and son of a gun if it was not still in his hand when he got up, and staggered, hit a table, etc. on his way out.

Amazed me how Gabi learned she was getting out...she doesn't get called into warden's office, instead is walking across the outside yard and told by a guard she has only a few minutes to pack her stuff, as the bus is leaving. That was too odd.

Hey NickiFan........in MY opinion, you could not be more right. As one can tell from my avatar, and my years of posting, I am a huge Patch fan.......and while I love that other stories are moving along, I am not favoring what is going on with Steve right now. BUT..I do like that he is interacting with John at least.

That said, someone said there are characters we are not seeing.....but outside of Daniel.......I think the appearances have included everyone. In fact we have seen more of Caroline, Roman, Doug, Julie, for instance, than we have in the whole past year. John & Marlena as well. Anyone doing summaries can attest to the fact that the each episode has contained a LOT of characters. so they really are spreading it around, plus, having those who don't normally interact.....have scenes together. Bravo

That's a good catch about the way Gabi was told she was being released Poirot, that IS odd. I guess the whole thing happened so fast that it also made the prison staffs heads spin so much they forgot proper procedure? LOL

I agree about the Bo/Steve situation. It's been 3 weeks since we first saw Bo and not much has changed since then. I'm sure things will start moving soon with Steve apparently getting ready to head off to find Bo but how long is that going to take? It has been rumored that Bo may only be back for a short while. If that's true then I need him back in Salem ASAP to continue story and interact with characters there. Plus, the fact, like others have noted, Steve has had NO contact with any of his other relatives in Salem is ridiculous.

Having said all that, I did enjoy the Steve/John scenes today.

Loved the scenes with Marlena/Chad. It's always nice to see her in Dr. Evans mode. I was super creeped out when Clyde showed up at her door. I agree with the previous poster who mentioned him paying her directly. That was odd. Of course his timing of showing up right after Chad was there adds fuel to the fire that he is the killer but we shall see.

I liked the Gabi scenes. I guess I'll take whatever explanation they had to offer for her being out of prison. It's a soap.

Ben and Abby either put me to sleep or make me cringe.

Does anyone else wonder if Marlena's office is bugged or is Chad being followed
because Clyde showed up right after Chad left?

We heard the word family and second chances several times on the show.

Nice to see photos on the the townhouse fireplace today.

I wonder if we'll see Ilia Petrov.

Steve needs to think about his own family instead of Bo 24/7
:)

Back