Days of Our Lives - Fri., Sept. 18, 2015

It certainly does seem he is. Marlena is not stupid. The man could have sent a check, made a phone call, but to arrive as late as he did, (Marlena was leaving to go home) in person, to PAY. Give me a break, truly!
Honestly, I really have not at all thought Clyde being the killer, but today, he made me shudder when talking to Marlena, and if it wasn't for Serena being the very first victim I would expect that MY past ideas were junk, and he is the culprit.
However, as much as I admire James Read.....and he surely deserves some sort of award for this role, an Emmy, SOD award, People's Choice, something.....I am thinking he is a red herring. And a good one.

I think Clyde is a red herring too. Even if he was extra creepy today.

I love that between all the proposing to Hope, sending her flowers, meeting shady characters in the park, and being Stefano's pawn Aiden had time to get Gabi out of prison on a technicality.

Poor Gabi. She's not even out of prison for an hour and she already has to deal with Will's problems. I thought the judge said she's served her time:rotfl:

Chad had the Salem brain today.

Steve and John working together to find Bo is good stuff.

Gabi, Rafe, Will, Ariana : Nice scenes. FINALLY, they were actually eating. Very natural, very well done. Too bad Will doesn't appear to take responsibilities anymore since yesterday with Marlena. That didn't last long, now, did it ? Anyway, I'm interested to see what happens now with the newly reunited family.
I love that folks eat now, too. And I remarked on twitter about Will's reversion to what he was - a blameless loser.

And, for the record, William, you slept with Paul twice. Yes, it was only one night, but there were two discrete encounters. Fess up you slime!!! :sick:

I accept Gabi's release from the dung heap that Tomlin/Whitesell put her in. Even not only in Salem. :) Meanwhile, I want to get my hair done at the Salem Jail!! And I MUST get a screenshot of Rafe's diving into his drink when Gabi asked about Sonny!!!

I'm starting to think Clyde's a red herring, too. I'm starting to think he's plotting to kill people, but someone else is beating him to the punch. I'm still about 55% of the mind that Clyde is our necktie guy...but...I'm kinda hoping for something more creative.

WOW Chad's scenes are amazing. Love the effects. Billy Flynn (Chad) could be paired with a mouldy potato and he'd light up the screen. Would it be weird if they paired Chad/Nicole? Their chemistry would be ph-en-om-en-al!!!!!!

OH WOW!! CLYDE drugged Chad!?!?!?!?!?!? Shocker!!!!! :wink:

I'm torn on whether Clyde is the necktie killer. I just don't think Serena fits his prior attack patterns. And Abby and Ben were fine at the time of Serena's murder? I'm really hoping for a twist here. If it is Clyde, then I think he will die and the killings will continue OR the necktie killer is working for someone and we won't get that part of the reveal right away.

In any event, I do think Clyde is tailing both Chad and JJ.

I just don't think Serena fits his prior attack patterns.
I agree, but I believe his motive is to make it look like Chad, so he's following a new MO.

If it is Clyde, then I think he will die and the killings will continue OR the necktie killer is working for someone and we won't get that part of the reveal right away.
I'm in complete agreement. There must be more to this story.

I forgot to post this night.Is this the real reason Gabi is out of jail?View attachment 3195
This is it. Only in Salem. There are sentencing guidelines that judges use and none of them would call for a sentence of a little over a year for any level of murder. And if a judge got the sentence wrong, the sentence would be altered, the convict wouldn't get out early.
Wonder what Julie is going to think about Gabi being released from prison?
She ought to be angry at a justice system that values Nicks life so little. She also ought to feel at least a little guilty. Nick was initially reluctant to accept early release (perhaps he really liked hanging out with Vargas, Gus, and Dr. Baker) and Julie and Hope badgered him relentlessly until he agreed to take it. Finally, perhaps Gabi's early release is simply payback for Nick's short term for murdering Trent Robbins. If Nick did so little time for killing the slimy professor, why should Gabi rot in jail for killing him??

Chad and Nicole. I can't see that he belongs with Abby. I hope Julie doesn't give Gabi a hard time. Yes, she is responsible for killing Nick, but she is not responsible what he became. He made his own choices. Julie, at least from my perspective, has always seemed to have rose-colored glasses on where he was concerned. Even Hope told her that she couldn't deny Nick had a lot of problems.

In reality, Gabi would be in prison for a lot longer than she was. Probably another five to six years before she was eligible for parole. In this case, the courts seem to have said you served your time, and she's free. Because of a judge's error? Must have been quite an error.

Clyde showing up at Marlena's office supposedly to pay the bill for his last session? I would think her office would either bill his insurance or just send him a bill. He was fishing for something. Maybe he knew Chad was there?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for all the summaries. I'm starting to get caught up. The past few episodes before this one were good, and this one didn't disappoint either. I've gotta say that the best parts of these past few have been the investigation surrounding Chad, the screen time that all the vets are getting (and the surprise appearances of Will and Paul after they've barely been on), and Gabi's return. Love all the acting and pacing of the show, though it does seem at times that some scenes were cut or misplaced.

One thing I'm not enjoying (besides the Aiden debacle) is the Bo & Steve storyline. It's been SO boring! I like Patch, I just wish that his "I'm gonna go find Bo" wasn't taking so long, and that he interacted with more characters. I also am getting tired of us seeing the same kinda scenes with Bo. Time for something new to move this story along.

Back