Days of Our Lives - Fri., Sept. 29, 2017

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Friday, September 29, 2017

Beautiful, heartfelt show today, as the double weddings are featured. A replay of all closing scenes from yesterday, ending with the texts arriving for the participants, and we learn that Father Louis had a family emergency, had to leave, so now they all do not have someone to perform the ceremony. Bonnie has waltzed in wearing a horrible green low cut dress, (reminds me of a giant green leaf, lol). Chad is on the phone reassuring Abby they will get someone, Sonny gets a bright idea that Bonnie can marry them. She is horrified at the idea, Sonny reminds her how she got ordained for some Valentine's Day thing, she is declining right and left, Justin walks in, hears the news, offers himself as the one to marry them all, evidently has whatever is needed, as he did marry....(my CC said Amy & Victor???) Ahhh, all is well.

At Club TBD, Julie is telling Doug all about how she & Chloe were vying against Myron to buy it, then joined forces, etc. Doug is silent. She starts babbling that he said nothing, is he mad she did not consult him first, bought it, etc. Doug finally says, so this is my place. Yes of course. Then I want the very first dance with my girl, he takes her in his arms, they sway a bit, as Doug sings "I Love You Truly" to her. She is overcome with emotion, and I loved these scenes!

In the park, Gabi is talking to Ari, Eli arrives, she sends Ari off to pick some flowers. She & Eli chat a bit, the poor me bit, but everything is as it should be. Ari returns with her basket full, they all take off for the church. One flower fell out, is under the bench. A pair of men's legs come walking up, stop, pick up the flower, and goes on.

At the church, couples are arriving, seating themselves here and there. Rafe/Hope, Brady/Nicole, Maggie/Victor, Claire/Theo, Lani, Steve/Kayla, Kate/Andre, John/Marlena, Abe/Val. Small talk for everyone. Brady goes off to make sure Father Louis is all set, returns as can't find him. Rafe chats a bit with Nicole, Love is definitely in the air. Doors open, here is Ari, sprinkling the flower petals, everyone "awwwww", accompanied by her mother, who makes sure she gets seated up front in the big chairs on the side.

And so it begins...Music begins to play, doors open, Sonny comes in, followed by Justin & Bonnie. Sonny & justin stand up at the altar, while Bonnie goes back down the aisle, shoving herself into the pew next to Victor. LOL. Doors open again, tis Paul, with John & Marlena, up to the altar. (there are hugs all around). Paul joins Sonny, John & Marlena take their seats. Now Chad arrives, with Andre & Kate behind him. Up front, more hugs, handshakes all round. Finally the music begins, Here Comes the Bride, the doors open, Abby comes down the aisle, with Jen & JJ, and lots more hugs & handshakes.

Justin explains the absence of Father Louis, and that he will be conducting the ceremony. He makes a small, heartfelt speech since he is father of one of the grooms, and uncle of the bride (was puzzled about that remark, til I remembered he was married to Adrienne, sister of Jack, who is Abby's father). The doors suddenly open, we see man's legs. Ah, but it is late arrivals Doug & Julie, who make excuses, apologize, scurry to their seats. Justin then says that the couples have asked various members of their families to say a few words. Brady talks of fighting for the love, never letting anything get in the way. Andre talks of how proud he is of Chad, how no one would think of the DiMeras in terms of love, but with Chad & Abigail, they will. That Chad has actually made him a better man. He wishes them a happy ever after, and almost forgets, but remembers to wish the best for Sonny & Paul as well.

Maggie speaks of second chances, she knows a lot about that herself. She goes on, love, love, love. And now comes the vows the couples will say to each other. Paul is first and really gives a fantastic summary of himself, of age 4, baseball career, admitting he hid his orientation, and then crediting Sonny for making him realize who he is, and where he wanted to be the rest of his life. It is a long, but beautiful speech. Sonny's turn, his is shorter, but just as heartfelt. Lots of shots of the guests, smiling, looking at each other, etc.

Now it is Chad & Abby's turn, Chad cannot imagine how he will follow that, Abby offers to go first, lifts her veil off, smiles, as he does as well, tells him that she always planned everything in advance, but that is no longer the case. She has no idea what will happen next month, next week, the next few days, even the next 10 minutes.......Cue the doors flying open loudly. Everyone turns to look (we see only those legs of a man. Shocked expressions on the faces.

Justin walks in, hears the news, offers himself as the one to marry them all, evidently has whatever is needed, as he did marry....(my CC said Amy & Victor???)
Justin got ordained to officiate at Victor and Maggie's wedding in the K-Mansion living room.

939f50bf0175d16ef75383f10dd5437f--victor-opera.jpg

I forgot to add something.........There is a part of the wedding ceremony that is really neat. There are 2 lit candles, and 1 big larger one that is unlit for each couple. The couple each takes a lit candle, together lighting the single unlit one, then blow out their single candles. This signifies "Two becoming One".

And just for the record, I don't think there was ever any intention of having Father Louis perform the ceremony, no matter what Wally Kurth (Justin) says.

They have spent all that time, 2 weeks, going thru pre-Cana questionnaires, filler scenes, not a single time has Father Louis appeared. Just talked about. That would not have happened.

I forgot to add something.........There is a part of the wedding ceremony that is really neat. There are 2 lit candles, and 1 big larger one that is unlit for each couple. The couple each takes a lit candle, together lighting the single unlit one, then blow out their single candles. This signifies "Two becoming One".
It's called the lighting of the unity candle. You can buy them prepackaged for weddings. There are very elaborate unity candle holders available, too. Lately, some couples are looking to do something "unique" and are pouring sand instead. I've also seen colored water used, too (in place of the sand).

wed.ht4.jpg
il_570xN.434193231_gc0r.jpg

I think if they hadn't intended for Father Louis to do the wedding, they'd have made a comment about Sonny and Paul not being able to marry at St. Luke's and not bothered with writing the scenes that are specific to the Catholic faith, like the pre-cana counseling and questionnaires. I think they'd have just done the wedding at either the DiMansion, the K-Mansion or maybe in Club TBD or Horton Town Square instead.

@JS...Disagree. The intention was to have the double wedding in a church, blessed by God. The last one Marlena did, so this was supposedly going to be "forever". There were plenty of extras around if one needed a "priest" to sub for Father Louis. And they had plenty of time to call for another sub if they really wanted one.

Nope, this was to be a very special wedding. Packed with cast members. And especially the double doors for the wedding crasher.:)

Justin said to wear "the green dress". Probably not the same green dress he was talking about. Remember, Bonnie has been doing a lot of shopping since she took over Adrienne's life. It's probably one that Bonnie bought, as Adrienne would never wear that style.

The wedding was nicely done, with plenty of fine, heartfelt sentiments, and everyone looking good except Bonnie whose dress looked as though it might have been designed by the Jolly Green Giant.

Missing in action: It was a really good crowd for Salem event, but as Jenny said, it's too bad that Jack couldn't have been there. It might have been nice if Rory had shown up because he was JJ's old pal. The sight of Salem's favorite stoner wearing a tie would have been worth the price of admission.

Where's Father Louis?: Did he really have a family tragedy or did Bishop Wright get wind of his plans to preside at the wedding of a gay couple and threaten to put him on double-secret suspension if he didn't cancel?

The odd couple: Was Kate and Andre daring to enter the House of God sacrilegious. Given the personal histories of these two very public sinners, the congregation was lucky that no thunderbolts arrived from above.

Multi-talented: If Justin is ordained, he ought to augment his paultry law practice by also performing weddings. This way he could run singing commercials on Titan TV informing the public that he can not only marry them, but also get them a speedy divorce.

Back