Days of Our Lives - Fri., Sept. 29, 2017

I'm not one for all the sappiness but the acting was amazing none the less on today's episode, well done. Though you'd think by now almost everyone in Salem should be aware Adrienne is not herself, she'd have jumped at the chance to marry Sonny and Paul, as well as Abigail and Chad.

I also did fall for the Doug and Julie showing up last minute to the wedding, ooooh they are sure just stringing us along and making this wedding be as long as it can be. I still don't know why they would cut a scene like that showing "Doug's Place" when I think it is pretty vital for the audience to be aware of the name change and not just mentioned in a scene.

Another note. It was nice to see Rafe go over to Nicole and ask her how she was doing. Still don't know why the writers haven't seen that chemistry.

Last edited:
@Just Samantha
If it was a different green dress than Justin suggested, he had no reaction to it being the, very inappropriate, wrong one.

I really liked the speeches Maggie, Brady, & Andre’ gave and the personal vows (although Paul’s was a bit wordy).

Last edited:
If it was a different green dress than Justin suggested, he had no reaction to it being the wrong one.
Because when Justin first came into the room, the guys were all worked up and distracted over having no one to perform the wedding. Justin barely paid attention to her before he got into the discussion. He may have noticed but figured not worth saying something.

Oh come on now. I really don’t think there is a man alive that would have been so distracted not to have noticed a dress like that. Especially after telling his wife that the previous white one was inappropriate (my words).

And yes, I know that because it was white was a factor. She has worn low cut attire but would the real Adrienne really wear either one of those disastrous dresses, especially to her son's wedding?

And PS: If he noticed the white one he certainly would have noticed and disapproved of the green disaster.

Last edited by a moderator:
The white dress was worse, it was see-through and looked like Bonnie may as well had just shown up at the wedding in just a bra and panties at that rate. LOL.

I just don't get "Adrienne" flaunting all this cleavage and no one raises an eyebrow!? Had Adrienne been dressing like that since her mastectomy? NO!! It is ridiculous and needs to end NOW!!!

The wedding was very nice. I usually gloss over but I didn't. Loved Paul's vows especially the "and ironically, straighter than anyone" referring to his pitching.

Ugh and we still don't get to see who it is!!!

At this point, it seems like Bonnie isn't even trying to convince anybody she's Adrienne anymore. I mean everybody is so oblivious why should she even bother?

I'm starting to wonder if maybe "Days" is doing a clandestine unannounced cross-over with "The X-Men." I'm thinking maybe during her incarceration, Bonnie discovered she has the mutant power to make people think whatever she wants them to think So she wants people to believe she's Adrienne so everybody thinks that.

Yeah, that's what I'm going with. I mean it's as good an explanation why the entire town of Salem's brains seems to be packed in wool where she's concerned as any, right? LOL

Thanks, Poirot.

I enjoyed the episode. I even got teary eyed.

I'm disappointed they cut out the scene with Doug and Julie seeing the sign. I loved
their dance together.

When the door blew open, I thought ghost Will was coming. Then I thought, where
were Doug and Julie?

It was interesting to see John hold his phone and then find out Paul's mom was
watching the ceremony.

Troy, thanks for the explanation of why no one in Salem can't figure out that isn't
Adrienne
. I thought Bonnie was giving everyone "stupid" juice.

I am usually very forgiving of character's choice of hairstyle or apparel, as I am pretty wild myself but I must say that I would never have worn that green dress Bonnie was flaunting her figure in, not to a prom, not to a church, not even off a store rack to a dressing room mirror. I found it very unflattering and inappropriate.

Here is a question my mother, a diehard Catholic could not even answer:

Would a couple even be eligible to be married again in the Catholic church? As from what I and she knows, the Catholic church does not approve of divorce, nor allow another marriage to officially be recognized in the eyes of the Catholic church, even if the bride and groom are both Catholic, as either or both had been previously divorced.

So is all that cancelled out if the same people remarried or something?

When my dad divorced her, that meant when she got remarried, she & her new husband had to have it performed by a justice of the peace & not in a church. And because our church is very traditional, neither were allowed to help with communion, or even be ushers any longer, because they were divorced or remarried.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the summary. A very nice episode. It's always lovely to see Rafe interacting with Nicole. I wish they would have been paired up. Maybe someday. Also, the candle thing was pretty neat. I've heard of it being done with grains of rice. Each person getting married had a bowl of (uncooked, obviously) rice and they drop them into a big jar. You can never get back only the grains you had. Very neat concept.

I really enjoyed the episode overall. I love how it ended on a cliffhanger note. Cannot wait for tomorrow's show! A nice start to the fall so far!

@YPG....everything you said is true, .....but in Chad & Abby's case........their lst marriage was not done by a priest, so.....not married in eyes of church. Therefor despite the divorce, they were not really "married". LOL

Her marriage to Dario......again, Abe is the one who married them. But she did get that annulled. So. Back to the father of her child, the man she married the 1st time.

As it is......well, so far, it appears they will not be married by a priest, WILL THEY?

My parents were married in the courthouse, but a few months later, got married again in church. Thus, when they divorced 6 years later, my mom was unable to receive communion, be a godparent to a baby.....etc. But eventually she got a church annulment, actually blessed by the Pope. LOL My father was now married to someone else, there was NO chance of them reuniting, (mom would not have done so no matter)

As KL noted, tho, the writers take great liberties with everything, the law, medicine, religion, common sense........Just as wardrobe also seems to take great liberties with what the characters wear. :rotfl:

The Catholic church does recognize civil marriages as legal and binding. They encourage couples who were married in a civil service to have their marriage blessed by the church but do not require it. My niece and her (now) husband just went through this a few months ago. As far as the church is concerned, Abby and Chad were still married since only an annulment can dissolve a marriage.

According to the bible, a legitimate divorce/annulment can only be granted if one party has been unfaithful, fraudulent or abusive. Abby's marriage to Dario would not have been recognized by the church because in its eyes they were never married. Also since the ceremony was officiated by Justin, it will be considered a civil marriage.

Even with the absence of the priest the weddings could not have happened inside the church. Aside from not performing gay marriages, the Catholic church also requires couples to go through an engagement encounter comprised of several sessions. This is why I really do not like them using the Catholic church for their "religious " functions. They break just about every tenet of the Catholic faith and, quite frankly, I find it offensive. Why can't it just be an unidentified church?

Please, for I forget. How is Justin Abigail's uncle?

Justin is married to Adrienne (well, they were for years). Adrienne and Jack (Abby's father) are sister and brother, making Justin Abby's uncle (via marriage).

Back