Days of Our Lives - Fri., Sept. 29, 2017

Thanks so much for the mention of a church annulment! That sent me searching and learned they are different than a civil annulment. So though Abby had a civil annulment (and previous civil wedding, then divorce), she would still not be able to be married by a priest in the Catholic church until she had completed the process of a church annulment.

This is because all civil unions that end in divorce or annulment or not, are recognized as a union by the church, but the parishioner can only participate in church rituals and responsibilities or have another marriage recognized and performed by the church if a church annulment specifically has taken place, from what I read.

So that explains how despite my dad legally divorcing my mom, about ten years later, she said her husband & she both had later received a (not specifically explained as a church) annulment for their original marriages due to their spouses cheating and renewed their vows in the church, with a priest performing the ceremony.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I saw Abby's hairstyle, I thought the worst. :eek: Thought she would be constantly playing with those 2 tiny strings of hair hanging down, but the veil kept her from doing that. A close call! :)

The color, and upper half, of Gabi's dress was OK. :)

Paul got plenty of time to recite his quickly-authored vows. They were fine, untill they dragged out to PSA (public service announcement) length. :rolleyes:

Poirot, I was kind of puzzled by Bonnie's green dress. :rolleyes: Justin and Sonny should have sent her back to her room for a third try. :)

I liked Andre's remarks; they continued his rehabilitation. His forgetting to mention Paul/Sonny seemed genuine. His correction seemed like an example of the "one take" rule. :)

Regarding Father Louis' absence, a conspiracy theorist could suspect that one of the lesser powers that be, is trying to be just a little too cute with the Catholic church. Stay tuned.

Additionally, I don't believe that a non-Catholic clergyperson would be permitted to officiate at the altar.

DesigningWoman, I am surprised to hear that church rules allow divorce in cases of adultery/abuse. Does that apply differently to the individuals involved, dependent upon blame? :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back