Days of Our Lives - Fri.,Sept. 5, 2014

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Friday, September 5, 2014

Today, we bounce all over Salem, with small nuggets here and there. Will opens the apt. door to Ben, who came for some paper Sonny had for him. Sonny isn't home, Will has the papers, starts talking about Abigail and Ben, but Ben is not responsive, just wants the papers and leaves, though he does think Will was wrong in writing the article.

Abby sits in the square, admiring a little dress she just purchased for Arianna, when Marlena stops by to talk. She is very kind, just asks how Abby is doing, which is fine. Marlena thinks perhaps otherwise, says she has some names of different people with whom Abigail could talk. Abigail has a bunch of flashbacks of her & EJ, decides to talk to Marlena, tells her about pushing Ben away, she really likes him a whole lot, and doesn't know why she did that. Marlena suggests she talk to Ben directly. Abby smiles, good idea, and rushes off. She goes to the club, but Ben is "working", gives her the cold shoulder, grabs a broom to go sweep up outside. She follows, wants to talk, he doesn't. He knows he was kissing her, she was thinking of EJ, he gets it. He gets a text and takes off.

Jordan is tossing and turning in bed, dreaming of being back in Poplar Bluff, sitting alone on a bench, Clyde coming along, talking of knowing she is thinking of her mom, been 5 years since she passed. They all miss her, but have each other. She jumps up to leave, he grabs her arm, repeating about being family, missing the mom, and having each other. Jordan wakes up.
When she meets up with Ben, she is upset, but doesn't really tell him that we see, though she flashes back to her dream. Ben assures her they should not be running any more, and that if Clyde gives her a problem, he will handle him.

Clyde is meeting up with Carlo, evidently a person Kate helped Clyde contact. They are making some sort of deal, but Carlo says someone is ahead of Clyde, but Clyde then wants to meet that someone. Carlo doesn't think it possible, but Clyde would make it worth his while. Later Carlo is getting off the phone, laughing a bit, says Clyde MIGHT get a call, and takes off.

Abby comes to visit Arianna with the gift dress, Will also thinks it cute, suggests they wait for Arianna to wake up, they will take a picture of her in it, Gabi will love it. They talk of the article, Abigail knows it wasn't Will who put her name in it, that it was Sami, and now that she knows all the details, it really is not as horrible as she once thought.She smiles, leaves, will come visit again.

Sami is having breakfast, her usual fruit cup, which she barely touches, is joined by Kate, they go back and forth about Stefano returning, and Voila!! He is calling Kate. Only to say he hopes they both have a nice day, as what they have done is at an end. Ciao. Kate tells Sami, who relates how Stefano has been calling board members for an emergency meeting, undoubtably to oust them. She thinks they should go, stand up for themselves, show how well they have done, making tons of money for the company. The hearing for Stefano is this afternoon.

When Abby leaves, (she saw EJ arrive) Marlena sees EJ, stands up, as EJ inquires about Abigail, hoping she is o.k. Marlena is indignant, won't talk to him about Abby. She gets even angrier when he brings up Sami as well, cares about both ladies, but Marlena tells him off and storms off.
EJ meets up with a suspicious Rafe in the park, has info to help make sure Stefano doesn't get off the tax evasion charges. He gives Rafe an envelope with some numbers, evidently has to do with secret companies where Stefano hid money he siphoned off to avoid paying taxes. He also lets Rafe know that Sami is to know nothing of this.
Rafe is back at the station, on the phone with someone to get his info verified. Sami & Kate arrive, all worried about the hearing. Rafe says they are doing the best they can, but Stefano has an armada of attorneys helping to get him off. Kate asks "what if he threatened my life". Huh? Rafe says then it would be her word against his, unless she has a witness. But she does. Sami is giving her these looks (like this is the first she has heard of this) and when Kate is asked to produce her witness, she names Sami, who gives her a quizzical look, but then is on board with it.

Eric is at Kristen's door, asking her how she could do this, withhold medicine from a dying man just to gain her freedom. Yep, afraid so. He tells her he will agree to not testify but only if she gets the formula to John right away, and only if it works. Now Kristen puts on her sad face, she is sorry, oh, yes, sorry about what happened between them, but she knows what a good man Eric was, man of God, devoted to his calling, etc. and he has changed, is not the same man. She knows all that happened, and how he is now is because of Nicole, it is all on her, and that is such a shame. Eric is holding it all in, and leaves. She closes the door, breaks out in a big grin, practically doing a happy dance. She calls daddy dearest, telling him to make sure he gets that forumula for John to them right away, and just think, they both will soon be free. A jovial Stefano warns her that the meds have to work. She hangs up, mumuring it has to work, just has to.

Marlena sits with John, holding his hand, telling him that she did ask Eric to not testify. She turns and Eric is standing there, tells her he saw Kristen, agreed to not testify. Marlena is in tears as she hugs him, thanking him, as Eric is sorry he questioned for a minute what was right, and that was to save a life. She knows how hard this was for Eric, thanks him, hugs him.

EJ strolls slowly thru the park, stops when he sees someone. Clyde extends his hand, glad to meet you Mr. DiMera. EJ gives him a stony stare, as he keeps his hands in his pockets.

Thanks for the summary, Poirot.

I actually watched the whole thing today. Hard to FF, anyway, as, like you said, the show was all over the place. But I'll try not to be as I write my comments. :)

Kate and Sami : These two are pathetic. Seriously, did they think Stefano would never come back ? And now, we have them both wasting time at Dimansion, Sami doing her nails, Kate trying to make her see that they need to be prepared. All the while, saying they have no idea what's in store from Stefano. So... how can they prepare, I ask ? My only answer : they can't and today, Kate and Sami were filler. And tomorrow, they will dig themselves deeper and deeper with the false death threat. But I must say, I loved Stefano telling Kate "The games are over !" Indeed, they are !

Abigail : Getting really boring. That girl does not know what or who she wants. It was interesting when she first got with EJ, but now ? Just boring.

Ben and Jordan : zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

EJ : Funny when he tries to appear like a big bad criminal ! :rotfl: My money's on Clyde. Even funnier was EJ trying to be the hero in the eyes of Rafe. :rotfl:

Ben, Will, Abigail : filler

Now, Eric and Kristen : Just when you think Kristen (and the writers) can't be more despicable, here she is, saying to Eric that if he has changed so much, it's all on Nicole. Because, as Kristen says, "I never had that kind of power on you". :sick: Wow, just wow... There are no words. After all, Kristen only drugged and raped Eric, no harm, no foul ! :sick: And Eric actually listened to that garbage, instead of walking out. Now, if Eric wants to be redeemed in this viewer's eyes, Kristen's little speech should have opened his eyes regarding his horrible treatment of Nicole. If, on the contrary, Eric actually believes Kristen, then he can fall off a cliff for all I care.

I did like Marlena with Abigail, and Marlena with John, though. Nice scenes.

Woebegone Jordan is beyond exasperating. A few words to Rafe and creepy, perverted Clyde would be going home to Poplar Bluff in a bucket. Almost as exasperating are the two corporate wannabes, Kate and Sami, with their inane discussion about whether Stefano will kill them. If they were going to play in the DiMera major leagues, they should have had such contingencies accounted for and have had a better plan than their blatantly transparent lies to Rafe. As for EJ, he was putting a lot of unwarranted faith in the Salem P.D.'s ability to make use of his latest little incriminating document. Unless Rafe knows somebody who can sort out the numbers, it will be like giving a watch to a monkey. Most of the members of Roman's force probably barely got through basic math at Salem High.

One of Roman's old math test papers
math-test.jpg

Gads, that Clyde makes my skin crawl!
Poor Will's voice was messed up today. Anyone else notice? It's like he has the flu or something. I felt sorry for him.
Hmmm....the earlier Ben would have been more understanding with Abigail, now he's got his knickers in a knot over her pushing him off her in the storage closet. I'm a little disappointed in him. It's not like they were under a starlit sky on a romantic date.

I thought the flashback/dream Jordan had was odd. Maybe we'll see more of it
later. Her clothing bothered me too. I live in the South and I don't see
women or young girls wear tops like that.

It's hard to believe Kate and Sami never once thought about Stefano
coming back before they took over the company. Sami keeps talking
about how they are making money. I'm sure the board members understand
Stefano can do other things to them if they vote the wrong way

katmouse, I thought it was funny how they made sure to make Jordan look different (younger looking, different style clothes, darker hair, etc.) and yet Clyde looked exactly the same in those scenes.

The problem with this whole thing with Kate/Sami taking over DiMera Enterprises is that they seemed to think Stefano was just going to roll over and take it. So not only is Stefano a watered down version of himself, other characters' perceptions of him and fear of what he will do is also watered down. Did they really think Stefano was either A.) never coming back to town, or B.) actually going to be convicted/serve jail time for tax evasion? How long have they lived in Salem and have they met the Salem PD? Oh wait, Sami's family IS the PD and Kate was married to Roman. Duh. :rolleyes: This story sort of started out with a lot of promise. I liked the idea of Sami working with Kate to get revenge on EJ and Stefano but now it's lost its momentum and with Sami softening toward EJ it just isn't interesting anymore.

Someone needs to tell Abigail that half of her shirt is missing.

I also thought that Clyde's hair and beard looked brown in the flashback/dream scenes but they had such a washed out look it was hard to tell.

Abigail: I'm getting a bit tired of her Hester Prynne (from "The Scarlet Letter") routine; she was exposed for having an affair with an man who was engaged to another woman. Was it ill-advised? Yes. Was it the right thing to do? Nope. But was it a crime? No it was not.

Okay I get the way that it came out WAS humiliating but the fact is except for Sami, NOBODY is even mad at her for it. The way she is carrying on you would think Will's article exposed her as a serial killer of old ladies or the owner of an illegal puppy mill or something. She really needs to put her big girl pants on and get over it.

Will: As I said earlier this week, his moping is also getting on my last nerve. Nobody held a gun to his head and made him write that cotton-picking article. He just needs to man up. I rolled my eyes at his asking Ben "are you mad at me?" so hard I almost got a migraine. Although I did smile when he said he would take a picture of Arianna in her new dress and send it to Gabi (I do miss her so). Now I just want to know if he's keeping his promise to not expose that child to his off-key lullaby singing. LOL

EJ and Clyde: I get the feeling that we're seeing the beginning of the end of the road for Elvis. I know Clyde is easy to underestimate because of the hayseed persona he puts on. But I have to point out that when Kate's PI was showing Jordan/Tammy Sue's picture around Poplar Bluff, people were pretty much turning pale and running away. I think he's much more lethal than he seems and I don't think EJ's imperious manner is going to sit too well with him. I think it will be interesting to see what happens.

As for EJ, he was putting a lot of unwarranted faith in the Salem P.D.'s ability to make use of his latest little incriminating document. Unless Rafe knows somebody who can sort out the numbers, it will be like giving a watch to a monkey. Most of the members of Roman's force probably barely got through basic math at Salem High.
Rafe should fax the papers to Austin, after all isn't he a "forensic accountant" for the FBI or some other national agency?? That would make them both heroes!!

mqdefault.jpg

start at about 3:02....

troy I agree with your thoughts on Abby. I'm in her corner but really did the article harm her? NO. Did Will intend to malign her? NO. Just a bunch of dumb forced drama.

Ben - please join Fallen Father Sanctimonious and his perennial stepbrother the dubious druggie on a one-way train to Bay City, Llanview, or Springfield. THANKS.

I was pretty sure we were going to get confirmation of Clyde's abuse of Jordan today, but it didn't happen. But the ick factor is going up exponentially.

How long must we wait until EJ/Clyde cross paths in their ill-gotten games? And I can't say how much I hate the Kristen storyline or the miracle drug she has. I also have trouble believing that Brady's not in jail, or on bond, or something; and that nobody's figured out he's too tall to have done it; and that Jeannie Theresa could have inflicted such a serious wound on John. [I really wouldn't mind if Jeannie T had dreamt the last two months.]

I feel Clyde either sexually abused Jordan by how suggestive he seemed in the way he pervertedly talked to her like a dirty old man. Or Clyde could have forced Jordan into prostitution to pay for her way to him kind of similar how Melanie was forced by Trent to be a hooker to pay off his gambling debts

Jordan's past could either be similar to that of Billie, Melanie, or yes, Nicole's, great point. deleted spoiler in non-spoiler forum.....Sparkster Though with Billie past can relate to Jordan too as Clyde kept mentioning Jordan's mother dying and how sad she been it had been 5 years since maybe Clyde waited till Jordan was closer to adolescent to make her his replacement sex object since her mother was gone. Like how Curtis waited till Billie was 12 near adolescent after Kate ran off making Billie his replacement. Besides the fact I see way too many similarities to Clyde and Curtis Reed. Both were abusive father who beat on their wives and kids also into drugs into crime

Other than Clyde-EJ...very boring episode. From now on, I think I'll just be reading the recaps and watching certain scenes on YouTube. I don't have time to sit through the whole show now that I'm back in school, and it just isn't worth it anyways. I do hope that changes soon and the soap becomes better.

Back