Days of Our Lives - Fri. Sept. 9 , 2016

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Friday, September 9, 2016

Belle arrives at DiMansion, has given Chad's offer a lot of thought, would like to help him get DiMera Enterprises legit, likes that Chad wants everything honest, open, so before she completely accepts, she has something to tell him. She covered for knows what Sami did with the DiMera money, knows only about 1/2 of it, she had it, doesn't any more. If he looks at the DiMera operating fund account, she wired it to him this morning. She mentions having bought the nightclub, will sell it, give him proceeds. Chad has listened, not necessary, she has been honest with him, he can trust her, and that is most important. He tells her he wanted reports from all the companies, as everything will be audited, most all have been complying, except good ol Mr. Shin, who is digging in his heels. He hands her a folder, she comments that before he can begin covering things up...yes, Chad needs a lawyer there to be on point, and wants her to go to Hong Kong.

Sonny comes in, she leaves, will let him know. Sonny talks an unwilling Chad into going out for something to eat in the square. They are walking out when Sonny mentions he loves his mother, is happy that she & Lucas are moving in to help out, but don't let them stay forever. LOL. In the square, as they munch at their sandwiches, they talk sports a bit, but Chad doesn't follow baseball any more, even though such a Cub fan. Doesn't like football, games are toooo long. Sonny talks of being in Paris, trying to get his mind off his guilt, looking long for a gay bar that had American football. That worked, took a lot of time, but he finally realized that if he had not left, Ben would have still killed Will. And the same goes for Abigail. Nothing Chad could have done would have prevented Ben from doing what he did to Abby. Chad figures he is right, Sonny orders him to now "eat your sandwich". Chad does, HUGE BITE. FUNNY scene.

Along comes Gabi, who expresses her condolences about Abby, talks of the good friend she was, how she wrote to her every week while Gabi was in prison. She is near tears, as is Chad, who gives a simple Thank you.

She has now joined them, they talk about the DiMera business, Kate running things, the old boys who head up the various companies who were at the meeting this a.m. not taking Chad seriously at all. Laughing between themselves, winking as he was talking of going legit. Gabi begins giving him a hard time about what he is wearing, a casual dark shirt. He has to look the part, the corporate deal, power tie, etc. etc. Sonny chimes in, agrees with Gabi. Chad is unsure, but agreeable, Gabi suggests they go shopping, and off they go

Earlier.....Gabi sits with Rafe, bemoaning the fact that Aunt Estrella called, is having a hip replacement so Mami went straight to the phone, called O'Hare airport (Chicago) and took the first flight there. She is very upset, rants about Ari losing her daddy, her godmother, and now her grandmother is gone. How does she make a 4 yr. old understand. Rafe assures her he is still there, so is Dario, she is not alone. Hugs. .

Over at the cop shop, Gabi comes in with coffee for JJ, knew he was working late shift. She tells him about her father leaving town, now her mother did as well, JJ is sorry she is so upset, gets a phone call to meet with his boss. Promises to call her.

JJ stops at Shawn's desk, they chat just a bit. Hope has been on the phone, Kayla pulled thru, Hope will see her tomorrow. JJ will call his mom, tell her. (Sorry, I may have these scenes a bit out of order...but) The Lt. comes along, did JJ not get his message? Yes, went to your office, you were not there. Well, you should have coming looking for me. Shawn stands up, telling the Lt. to cut JJ some slack, he just lost his sister. Tempers get short. Shawn tells JJ it is o.k. It is fine. A bit later, the Lt. comes back to Shawn, giving him a hard time for having the pill analyzed before it was admitted for evidence. Shawn explains about the kidnapping culprit, etc. but the Lt. now begins ranting about Shawn thinking he can ignore protocol because his name is Brady. He is ranting to Shawn, but Hope comes up, telling him Shawn was hired because he is a good cop, and the commissioner appointed him. The Lt. snarls that the commissioner is his uncle. Hope sweetly says to then take it up with the commissioner.

Shawn says she doesn't have to fight his battles, she knows that. He says Dad was a darn good cop, who bent the rules all the time. She is proud of him, loves him, hug. They get to talking about D.A. Aiden, who is spending all his time in the cop shop instead of his office, trying to dig up stuff on Justin's old cases. Hope figures Aiden wants to make a name for himself by proving Justin was sloppy.

Aiden comes out, calls Hope into his office, talks about some old case, she assures him not enough evidence to convict the guy. She is short with him, he has a stack of files on his desk, pulls them a bit, and there is the Stefano DiMera one. He is glad she saw it, he mentions this guy Monahan coming in, confessing, and yet there is not a shred of anything in the files about any witnesses. He mentions Hope was so convinced Andre did it. She says, I was wrong, leaves.

Hope goes home, has called Rafe to come, is all rattled about Aiden looking into Stefano's files. Rafe assures her there is nothing to tie Hope into it all. gets her calmed down, soon they are kissing. And nearly playing sofa sex, but Hope stops it all, Ciara can walk in any moment.

Belle is home, looking at an old photo album, Claire walks in, they laugh over a few pics, Belle tells her of the job offer, the move to Hong Kong, Claire has a fit. Nope, she is not going, she has her music career. They argue big time, Claire runs off to her room. Later, Belle is coming back into the apt., Claire is looking at the album. She is calmed down, asks her mom how far away would she be if she went to Oxford. Belle gets the point, they have a serious talk. Belle talks again of how important college would be, so agrees to let Claire stay, continue to work for Chloe, but go to school Claire figures o.k., she will go to Salem U. Big hugs, Claire is squealing that her mom have a good time in Hong Kong, she knows how much she & dad loved it there. And there is Shawn coming in the door. What?

Sonny runs into Gabi & Chad, who are loaded down with shopping bags, she is yakking about $300 power ties. She learned a lot of designers when she modeled, talks of looking the part, that others are impressed by "the corporate look". Chad is taking it all in, Sonny is agreeing with her, he figures DiMera Enterprises needs an image consultant, wants Gabi to be that person, thus keep him looking good, and keep an eye on Kate (who gets carried away at times) And he wants her to come over with ARi, so she & Thomas can get to know each other. Gabi is thrilled, and accepts.

Aiden sits in his office, going over the Stefano file, muttering to himself at times. Andre. Monahan. The call made to make arrangements for trip out of the country. The Lt. is there, he asks him if he can check something for, where that cell phone call orignated. The Lt. returns, mentions a neighborhood. Aiden comments it is Hope Brady's neighborhood. So what, replies the Lt. who leaves. Aiden sits and ponders, talking to himself. Then murmurs...hmmm, what if it was Hope who killed Stefano.

Thanks for the summary. A good show. Loved all the character interactions, especially Hope & Shawn-D, and the young adults. I'm glad Gabi will be able to work for Chad now--hopefully we'll get to see some bonding between little Arianna and Thomas. I'm sure they'll end up married by this time next year at the age of 25 or so. By the way, isn't Arianna only 3, and not yet 4?

Belle is so much more enjoyable when she's around her family and Chad instead of Philip. A few months ago, I would've been overjoyed about her leaving. Now, I don't want her to go. I sure wish this is the Belle the writers brought back instead of Sami-lite.

So sick of Aiden! Just go away already!

Today's episode was chock full of Gabi goodness which of course makes it a good one in my book!

My only tiny complaint is that I wish Gabi and JJ could have resolved their issues that were left over from Wednesday. But I have a feeling that this is something that's going to just kind of linger between them. Yes they need some angst but this issue is really a flimsy foundation for it. I say let them put this to bed and move onto bigger and better things to give them conflict.

The highlight of the show in my oh so very humble opinion was definitely the Sonny and Chad scenes. This is what the show needs friendship. I loved Sonny ordering Chad to eat his sandwich and the story he told about Arianna and the lollipop. Then then we had the weightier moments discussing Will and Abigail. To paraphrase the immortal words of Oliver Twist I say to the writers: Please sir can we have some more?

I loved Gabi's speech about Abigail writing her every week while she was in prison and how it tied back into references Abigail had made to having a letter she wanted to give to Rafe to take to Gabi shortly after she was incarcerated. Then another time when Abigail was babysitting Ari and was telling the little girl about a letter she had gotten from "her mommy." I don't think the writers were expecting those connections to be made but I think I may have mentioned that I have the memory of an elephant. LOL

The scenes when Gabi was talking about Chad's wardrobe were cute and fun but as a die-hard 100 percent true blue fan of Gabi JJ (I have mentioned I like them right? LOL) I felt a leery. Because I felt like we were seeing a chemistry test between Chad and Gabi and gosh darn it all to heck I think I felt some. It's hard to tell for certain because those scenes weren't very long and they weren't one-on-one. But nevertheless I felt something could be there.

So I'm going to reiterate something I said a few days ago: A renewal of Chad and Gabi's friendship will be great. Anything other then that? Absolutely not.

Last edited by a moderator:
And crap, I wonder what Sami's reaction would be when she finds out Belle caved and gave the stolen DiMera money back to Chad.
It would probably go something like this: "You're an absolute doodyhead!!! I was right to try to give you away years ago. You're even stoopider than Carrie!! I HATE you!!
It was funny to see the guy who played Lt. Raines today. He's also on B&B as Bill Spencer's right-hand attorney, Justin Barber.
Here we go again. Another cop who's fed up with Salem P.D. nepotism and cronyism. If he emulated the previous malcontent, Officer Dean Hartman, and gets even by kidnapping Teen Ciara, many viewers might be rooting for him to keep this depressing representative of Salem's dysfunctional teen set stashed away and off-screen for as long as possible.

Speaking of Salem's less-than-thrilling teen crowd, Salem U. is perfect for Claire. In fact, the place probably markets itself as the college for those who don't want to attend college -- no class attendance required, no exams or writing assignments ever, and no grades lower than an A. Finally a few stray comments.

Mami is leaving town for a hip replacement? One look at University Hospital probably convinced her that she needed to go to a real hospital. [I stand corrected here. Perhaps, Aunt Estrella asked Mami about coming to University Hospital for a hip replacement and got an earful from her.]

Chad now appears to be hiring everyone in Salem. How about Rory? He could work in human services and help keep DiMera Enterprises employees mellow.

Kate was a stickler for a dress code? What kind of code would that have been -- short/tight dresses, unusual clothing combinations, and five pounds of jewelry?

Last edited:
Mami was not having a hip replacement.....she was going to help Aunt Estrella who was having one.

Looks like Chad is lining up the younger crowd to straighten out the DiMera businesses.....and the old fuddy duddies will be annoyed most likely. LOL

Thanks for the summary. A slow day compared to yesterday.

Wow, Belle gave Chad part of the stolen money back. Just in time too because he went
clothes shopping with Gabi. Then he offered Gabi a job as an image consultant. I hope
that works out for her.

I wonder if we'll see more of Lt Rains. He actually does work and wants to follow the
rules. Someone the Salem PD needs to keep.

So Gabi's mom left town without saying good bye to Rafe or Dario. I wonder how
long she'll be gone this time?

Interesting way Rafe was massaging Hope's shoulder. It didn't him long to start
massaging her lips.

Interesting move on Belle's part to let Claire stay in Salem. Go to college.
Of course, Shawn came home at the wrong time.

Will Aiden connect all the dots to prove Hope killed Stefano? He's getting closer.

Shawn and Belle were the best part of the show today with Chad, JJ and Gabi a close second. Loved that Hope actually remembered she has 2 kids. But I think there was a flub when she referred to Detective Shawn as Officer Brady.

I liked the Belle stuff. I'm happy she returned the money to Chad. I did not see that coming and I hope she does sell that club--I'd rather see Brady's Pub set. Well played Belle with getting Claire to go to college. I assume John and Marlena don't need to be asked if they mind taking care of their granddaughter full time. Doesn't matter anyway since they never interact.

I liked Lt. Raines. More please. I saw a tweet from him announcing his Days stint. He seemed really happy about it.

Since when does Chad not dress corporate? He is almost always in suits. Plus he looked fine today too. They couldn't contrive something else up?

It seems like all of Salem except Sonny and Nicole are working for Chad now. Will we actually see a real office set without blue walls? I do wonder if Chad or Sonny will buy back TBD and/or Edge of the Square.

I liked Lt. Raines. More please. I saw a tweet from him announcing his Days stint. He seemed really happy about it.
I like that actor on B&B. Wish he'd get an actual storyline on there and not be just Bill Spencer's accessory. He'd make a nice addition to Salem, too.

Earlier in the summer, there was an actor who was playing the prison warden on Y&R. At the same time, he was appearing on Days as the cop or detective working with Steve and Kayla when Joey was busted out in California. Funny that he had taped the Days scenes nearly six months earlier, did the Y&R scenes 4-6 weeks earlier, and they aired at the same time.

Nothing Chad could have done would have prevented Ben from doing what he did to Abby.
How about not constantly being a jerk to Ben since the day he returned to Salem? How about not leading Abby to think he hated her so she'd move on? How about not boinking Jordan just to peeve them off? Sorry Fake Sonny - head back to Paris and send the recognisable Jackson Kiriakis back home.
How does she make a 4 yr. old understand.
It's slow, but Ari's being SORASed already. She was born May, 2013.
He says Dad was a darn good cop, who bent the rules all the time.
Paging @DrBakerFan !!!! This needs your attention!! Or are we headed for Shawn Brady is a Criminal threads in the future??
The highlight of the show in my oh so very humble opinion was definitely the Sonny and Chad scenes.
They were nice, light scenes. I do like their friendship even if I don't recognise Sonny.
Because I felt like we were seeing a chemistry test between Chad and Gabi
Don't worry, the show's taping schedule makes those impractical. They don't do them anymore.

I wouldn't mind everyone working for Chad if we ever got to see people work. And, I really don't like the Hernandez exodus. I'm guessing the idea to bring them in was the now-departed Mr Josh Griffith's?? Because they worked, in my opinion, and were long overdue for Salem.

How about not constantly being a jerk to Ben since the day he returned to Salem? How about not leading Abby to think he hated her so she'd move on? How about not boinking Jordan just to peeve them off? Sorry Fake Sonny - head back to Paris and send the recognisable Jackson Kiriakis back home.
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

I missed the first half of the show but enjoyed most of what I did see. I especially liked the scenes with Chad and Sonny and Gabi.

I'm glad Belle and Claire came to some solution, but Claire is starting to grate on my nerves. It's not that I don't like teens. When Belle and Shawn were teens, I liked watching that bunch a lot. Somehow the ones today seem to irritate me more than entertain me.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

When Shawn-D made that comment, the first thing I thought of was DrBakerFan and the "Bo Brady is a Criminal" threads!
Poor Shawn. He really thinks that his dear old dad only "bent" the rules when what he actually did was break them into little pieces and stomp on them. If and when Shawn starts emulating Bo by breaking into premises without a warrant, assaulting suspects, etc., then we can have a "Shawn Brady Is a Criminal" thread. What are the chances? Who knows, but with Hope keeping the flame burning for Bo the "great cop," when faced with a tough case, Shawn may just start following his father's example.

Last edited:
Really liked the Chad, Sonny, Gabi scenes. Also, Belle & Shawn need to stay in Salem. Writers, are you listening!!????!!

edited to write out text-speak; please write out your words - JS

Last edited by a moderator:
Back