Days of Our Lives Friday 4/10/15

S

Sparkster

Special early treat for you today! Enjoy!

Replay of Chad confronting Ben about his “Kevin Reynolds” identity and getting a call from the Florida Bureau of Investigations. He informs Ben that he claimed he didn’t know anything about it and didn’t want to bother Sonny with it either since they called the club. Ben wonders why he lied for him. Abby comes out of the shower wondering what Chad is doing there. He didn’t realize she was here and says he needed to see Ben about something but it’s no big deal. Ben tells him it’s ok he’s got nothing to hide from Abigail and that Chad thinks Ben is in trouble with the law. Abby wonders what game Chad is playing now. Ben explains about the FBI calling the club looking for him. Chad leaves the number and leaves with a grin on his face. She asks Ben what’s really going on. He says he doesn’t know but the place he worked at in Florida had some shady people. She suggests seeing a lawyer just in case. They say goodbye. He takes off. She texts Chad that she wants to see him right away.

Hope and Rafe are hanging out at the Pub saying they miss each other. She asks about Gabi and he says he’s not looking forward to telling her about Will and Sonny. He wonders why she really called him over here. She wants to ask him about Clyde. He doesn’t know much more than he’s Jordan’s stepfather. She says that Clyde took over Victor’s territory with his trucking company. He plays dumb but she knows better and wants to know what Victor is up to. Rafe says Clyde wants people to think he’s some harmless hillbilly from Poplar Bluff but he’s far from that. Hope thinks Clyde is smarter than he appears. The trucking business seems squeaky clean. Rafe says of course it is. The bad guys area always like that, look at the DiMera’s. He says it’s time for one of the bad guys to deal with the bad guys. She wonders about this but he says forget it.

Lucas and Adrienne are at TBD with Kate and Clyde looking on from another table. Adrienne is really worried about how Victor would react to what they did given his reaction towards Will. Lucas says he’s not worried about Victor. Kate thinks she should go say hi but Clyde stops her. Lucas says she shouldn’t worry about it getting out but thinks this is something good to come out of all the pain Justin caused her. He says he hasn’t been this happy in a long time and knows she feels the same. Kate stews about it but Clyde wonders if she should give her son some space. LOL. Adrienne thinks she’s a hypocrite for being angry at Justin for cheating on her when she’s now doing just that. Lucas doesn’t think she should be so hard on herself. He asks if she just slept with him to get back at Justin but she insists that’s not the case. He holds her hand and says they’ll work through this together. Kate seethes. Adrienne gets a little uncomfortable and says she needs time to think. She leaves. Clyde has something to take care of and leaves and Kate makes a beeline for Lucas to start badgering him about Adrienne. He tries to leave but she follows him.

Will and John are still at the apartment discussing Paul’s litany of excuses as to why he hasn’t left town. John is sorry he played a part in that. Will thinks he’s trying to go after Sonny and break up their marriage. He really wants to repair things with Sonny but thinks he can only do that with Paul out of the way. John is glad to hear he wants to work on their marriage but wonders if there is some truth to his worrying about Paul going after Sonny. He flashes back to seeing Sonny and Paul together. Will thinks he knows something and demands he spill it. John admits he saw Paul making a play for Sonny. Will gets upset thinking Paul set this whole thing up, wanting him to do the article and sleeping with him. John asks if Paul only did the article if Will would sleep with him? Will says that’s not exactly true.

Sonny and Paul are talking about Paul’s mother and Sonny says she’s been lying to him. Paul gets defensive saying Sonny doesn’t know what he’s talking about. Sonny tells him about the picture and how Tori was definitely in Salem before and says she’s holding more back from him but he should talk to her about it. Paul is getting angry and thinks Sonny knows more than he’s letting on and asks him what it is. Sonny brings up Will’s continued research on Paul, who gets even angrier since Will is involved in this. Sonny tells him that there was a date stamp on the photo that was 9 months before Paul was born. Paul insists his dad was from Portland and he died before he was born. He then thinks this is all a set up by Will. Sonny talks about the article Will was going to write and he saw it but doesn’t think he made this all up. Paul starts to realize his mother must have lied to him.

Marlena confronts Tori about John being Paul’s father and that they both deserve to know the truth. Tori denies it saying she was here in Salem and was in love with a man but by the time she found out she was pregnant with Paul, she went to tell the father and he was dead. Marlena thinks she’s lying and says she’s going to go tell John that she’s Paul’s mother. Tori just wants her and her grandson to leave them alone. She says she’s getting her and her son out of town. This is what Will wants isn’t it? Tori tries turning the tables on Marlena saying Paul is still in love with Sonny and if he stays in town it’s only a matter of time that Marlena’s grandson’s marriage will be over, is that what she wants? Marlena isn’t buying it saying the longer Paul stays in Salem the sooner he or John will figure out the truth. Tori again insists her story. She tries pleading to Marlena as a mother but Marlena says you can’t make your children’s decisions for them.

Paul calls his mother and asks her to meet him at TBD. Sonny apologizes to Paul about all this and Will’s possible involvement. He wants Sonny to get Will down here too so he can find out the truth. Sonny makes the call and Will says he’ll be right there. John tells Will he thinks he was taken in by Paul and that it will all work out. Will thanks him for believing in him. John says he will tag along to the club with Will. Sonny thinks he should have just left this whole thing alone but Paul doesn’t think he could have.

Adrienne is back at the K-Mansion and Hope arrives looking for Victor. He’s out. Hope can tell something is bothering Adrienne. Hope is sorry about what happened at the benefit re: Sonny/Will but thinks something else is going on. Adrienne talks about Justin being on the other side of the world, only came home when their son was nearly murdered, she’s a detective surely she can figure out what Justin has been up to. Hope understands and is well aware of how hard this is to deal with. Adrienne knows Hope’s with Aiden now and is happy. She wonders if Hope ever feels guilty, not that she should. Hope says at first she did but tells Adrienne that she needs to be true to herself and do what’s right in her heart. They hug.

Kate is badgering Lucas and he just wants her to drop it. She thinks his feelings for Adrienne are very real. Lucas says he’s not discussing this with her. Kate asks who can he talk to about this then, Will, Sami, Jennifer? She saw them together at the club, she knows what’s going on there. Lucas tells Kate that Justin has been having an affair for months. Kate says he doesn’t have to justify this but she wants to see him happy and wonders if Adrienne is that person. She doesn’t want him to get hurt. He says after Sami his eyes are wide open.

Abby is now at Chad’s wanting to know the truth of what’s really going on. She thinks this has him written all over it. Chad says she knows how he feels about Ben and so thought he did the right thing today. She thinks he’s got an ulterior motive. He says he cares about her too and just wants her to be happy. In walks Harold with dinner for two as Mr. DiMera requested. Abby gets a look on her face. She says how predictable. She opens the dinner covers saying yum sushi, my favorite even though he hates it. She knows what he’s thinking but he couldn’t be more wrong.

Ben meets with Clyde about what happened with Chad earlier and about his time in Florida. He tells his dad about the shady things drugs/gambling that went on down there. He wonders if he should be worried. Clyde thinks they’re trying to use Ben to get to someone bigger. Clyde says he will take care of this.

Sonny has shut down the club for Paul and Tori. Marlena runs into John and Will outside TBD. Will goes in to see Sonny. John tells Marlena he found out some more stuff about that jerk Paul Narita. She wonders what Will told him, he must have made Paul out to be quite the villain. Inside Paul asks his mother to sit down and finally tell him the truth. Will sees them and says to Sonny that he thought Paul was already gone. Tori tries to get up and leave and turns to see Will and Sonny there. Paul tells her don’t go. In walks John and Marlena. John asks Tori what she’s doing here. Paul asks John to stay out of this. John thought he was leaving town and asks what Tori is doing talking to Paul. Marlena says she’s his mother. John asks Tori why she didn’t tell him. Will asks what’s going on but Sonny tells him to shut it. Tori pleads with Paul to leave but he confronts her about her lies asking why she never told him about her being in Salem and why he lied about her father being dead. He asks if his father was from Salem and she finally admits yes and turns to look at John. John and Paul stare at each other in disbelief as John slowly says, “oh my God”.

Boom I got to read the summary while watching the show.

Finally some movement and thank gosh that all of the involved characters were actually involved in the reveal at the same time.

Nice to see Rafe & Hope talking cop stuff but I wonder if it will actually lead to anything. The Victor/Clyde story is moving very slow.

So Ben had a different name, I thought that was from hiding from Clyde. Why do we need further explanation? Not interested in this storyline thus far.

Can not wait for Monday with everyone having something to say about the paternity secret.

My local station carries special coverage of the Cleveland Indians home opener so they show Days at 11am on this day every year. It's always fun to get the show early so I thought I'd put up the summary early. Although, not too many people must have expected it as it was up for an hour before anyone commented or appreciated! :) Poirot, hopefully you see this before posting your summary and aren't too upset with me for taking the liberty to do this without telling you first. It was sort of done on a whim. LOL.

I thought the show dragged on until the big reveal at the end. You could literally watch about the last 5-10 minutes of the show and that's it. I did like the Hope/Rafe interaction but it was rather brief and then Rafe inexplicably disappeared. I suppose Monday will be the big fallout day. I sure hope John finds out that Will knew about this and didn't say anything and was actually actively and intentionally keeping the secret as well as practically blackmailing Marlena into keeping the secret all for his own little agenda. What a twerp.

Will....Will....Will. :rotfl: :rotfl::rotfl:

John is like that friend who dislikes someone just because you dislike them. I didn't know he was such a sucker. Will said Paul was always in a towel and insisted on meeting in his hotel room and John buys it all!

I'm glad that Marlena at least hasn't lost her marbles and sees through Will's shenanigans. Now she's going to have to clue clueless John in on the fact Will fed him a bunch of lies about his son.

And John will probably get ticked that Marlena had not told him all in the very beginning. And I agree about the show being all filler until the end. In fact, when I began writing the summary, that is what I said first sentence. LOL. (I love you wrote up the summary, only wish I realized it....as I don't come to the board until I finish it.But kudos, you definitely were more thorough than me. I just had so many interruptions. Good job.

I can definitely see John being upset with Marlena and also Will to after the fact John was taking Will's side while Will had suspicions of Paul being John's son, not telling John. I'm glad this story hasn't dragged cause for awhile I thought this would take the usual 6 months to finally know Paul's father. Seeing how we barely got any sort of hints about Ben and Jordan's mother other than she died pregnant in a accident. (considering perhaps maybe the bellhop in Paul's hotel could be Ben's "deceased" long lost brother).

Regarding "Kevin Reynolds" one thing did come exactly to my mind when Florida was mentioned and Ben's past there. If I remember Paige recognized Ben, from there stay in Florida, bumping into each other at a restaurant I believe. Perhaps this may come to light and Paige may actually have a storyline not attached to Eve or JJ. (One can only hope)

Great episode and I'm exciting for next week's reactions all over Salem.

Eras: I had the same thought about Paige last night. I do remember her saying she recognized Ben from Miami and then like everything else, it was dropped. It would be great if TIIC remembered that and now tied Paige into this. Let's get these characters out of their respective bubbles.

I don't mind the Ben background story but seems like it should have happened 6 months ago. Unless they are after all this time planning to tie Ben and Jordan to Tori and Paul. It was interesting that Jordan was mentioned multiple times today. Those mentions are usually not coincidental. As I've said before, I wonder if they are planning a recast.

I don't care for Clyde or Kate but loved Clyde telling her that she should leave Lucas alone.

What pray tell was Abigail wearing?

Thanks for the summary Sparkster. I think Sonny actually told Paul that the club is always dead at that time of day. He didn't actually shut down the pub. I was surprised Paul even asked. But I did see a couple of folks at the bar.

We finally get a Friday cliffhanger again.

I found Hope and Rafe's conversation about "letting the bad guys take care of the bad guys" interesting because it kind of suggested a darker turn for Rafe.

I also have to add that I appreciated Hope asking about my Gabi :love: I just thought all things considered that was nice of her. Plus you know if Julie heard that she would have a fit. Which is another reason why I liked it. :)

But then the problem with Rafe is that they keep "suggesting" things then he'll disappear for weeks at a time and nothing is followed up on. He really deserves better.

Will, pal, buddy, can you please just stop? I mean really when is enough enough?

John does know Will is an adult with a child of his own right? I don't understand his need to coddle Will over this especially giving the way Will has been behaving the last couple of weeks. I know John doesn't know all that but I still find it odd and more then a bit irritating.

John/Paul, wake me when this is original.

Will is a whiny twerp who thinks the whole world revolves around him.

I'm not sure which is worse - Kate asking a child rapist for advice about her ADULT SON, or Lucas continuing to trust the treacherous blue-streaked freak.

I did like that Sonny didn't blab things he didn't know, so he's back in my "win" column.

Here I was thinking Clyde had left town!! When was the last time he was on?

I hate how they are acting like Chad and Abby were some great love story. It was Chad and Melanie that was the great love story and now they don't interact at all.

Will is once again, not taking responsibility for his actions. "oh Paul seduced me. Always in a towel" Seriously!? Hope he doesn't join a gym if he can't resist a guy in a towel! I am a little disappointed that Sonny ran right to Paul to say your mom is lying. Really not his business. I also don't like how they had John suddenly hate Paul right before he finds out he's his son. But am glad that it has come out already.

E Gads, am I the only one who thought today was great? I'm loving the way the scenes pan briefly and float back and forth, like reading in free association, much smoother transitioning than before. It seemed like before the scenes were way too long. Totally enjoyed Clyde today, there is something about him that I just love, he is my favorite villan right now. Excellent last scene with Paul, well done in my opinion.

Will royally will lose in the end. Of course John will choose his own son Paul over Will his step grandson. It may drive Marlena closer to John to get remarried a happy family with Paul for Will to look as bad as bitter Sami pushing himself like Sami to be the family outcast. I definitely see Will becoming jealous of Paul's attention.

One random thought........why haven't we seen Eve and Kate in a scene together? You would think when it comes to the worst mothers of Salem, Eve and Kate would be like bff's like Nicole and Chloe were. Eve and Kate could trade war stories about being hookers and how they enjoy seducing men that their daughter and granddaughters are into.

cryin4days
We have to remember that John has been out of Salem for a long time so as far as he is concerned young William is still the upstanding, honest, and fair minded young man he left behind. Apparently the rekindled relationship between John and Marlena hasn't yet evolved enough for them to share indepth information on the drastic change of Will. So I can understand why John would believe the crap he's feeding him.

P.S.: are the comical Smiley face characters posters use on this site, if so where?

I understand John has been in and out of Salem but come on, those tales Will spun should have popped red flags all over the place. Even if half of what he told John was true, and most of it wasn't, nothing Paul did removed or hindered Will's ability to say "NO". John should have been looking at Will like he had a 3rd eye because here Will is acting appalled and telling all as if Paul's plan to seduce him failed.

Thanks for the summary, Sparkster. I didn't mind this episode---I liked all the character interactions (Hope with Adrienne and Rafe, Kate and Lucas, although I don't care for Kate right now).

The saga of Will/Sonny/Paul/Tori/John/Marlena is by far the most interesting storyline on the show right now. Nice cliffhanger! That said, can't stand how Will and John are acting right now. So stupid!

I can take or leave this Ben/Clyde/Abigail/Chad thing. Not interesting, but it's much better than the embryo crap or seeing Eve and JJ.

Still don't care for Lucas with Adrienne.

Back