Days of Our Lives- Friday, 8/15/14

missharleyquinn

Reaction score
I only have bits and pieces, so forgive me for this being quite lackluster...

The article starts out nicely, Sami is touched that Will wrote it. Her attitude changes, as she's (seriously she must be a speed-reader) flipping through pages. There's no way Will wrote this, and she has some comments to make.

Will and Sonny are in bed, kiss kiss, celebrating his article. Adrienne is at the door, the guys were expecting takeout and Adrienne is amused she interrupted, as Will is shirtless. The guys explain they were celebrating the article, Adrienne gushes, Will's parents must be so proud. Sonny manages to shoo her away before she lets out that Victor's company owns the magazine publishing the article. More kiss, kiss. Will goes off to the other room, another knock at the door, surely this is the takeout. Nope, here is Sami, and she immediately blames Sonny for what Will wrote. Will lets her know Sonny had nothing to do with it, that it was all his idea, Sonny didn't want him to write it. Sami is in disbelief and disappointed Will threw her under the bus to see his name in print (didn't he have a short story published awhile back?), but stands by everything she's done. Will is going to be sorry.

EJ is telling Kate that Stefano will push back hard, will be gunning for Kate and Samanther and it'll be worse than what he tried to do to Rafe. Stefano will likely show mercy to Sami, as she's the mother of his grandkids, but Kate isn't as lucky, she's toast. EJ also thinks Fatha will finish what he started with Rafe. Kate thinks Stefano is going to be mad at EJ for not helping Kristen.

Clyde is letting a big guy (Jeremiah? I haven't been watching them enough to know) know he's staying in Salem. His family is here. Meanwhile, Abigail is telling Ben that Clyde doesn't want to cause problems for him. Clyde is telling his guy that Kate is going to help them. Ben doesn't think Abigail should trust Clyde. Adrienne goes to the Club (where Ben and Abigail are, Ben is working) to see Abigail, she's concerned about her and sorry Abigail didn't see what a jerk EJ was. Later, Ben is in the park with Clyde, who is saying he's changed because losing Ollie and Tammy Sue showed him he had to. He had therapy after they left.

Jordan and Rafe... Filler. Rafe wants Jordan to trust him, she thinks their meeting up was a mistake. Lots of talking in circles here. He wants her to consider giving him another chance. They part ways, he's drinking in the pub, runs into EJ, who joins him and wants to know if Rafe and Jordan broke up because Rafe knew Sami and EJ were having problems. Rafe tells EJ he's a horse's ***, and EJ laughs because Rafe was dumped, too. Meanwhile, Abigail and Jordan are talking, and Abigail is telling Jordan not to give up on Rafe.

Sonny is at work, runs into Adrienne, who figures out Will doesn't know Sonny got him the job, also informs her the article is a tell-all about Sami and EJ. He doesn't want to tell Will just yet, Adrienne understands, but everyone better hope Sami doesn't find out.

And at the end, we see Zoe adding Abigail's full name to the article...

I can fill in a bit.

EJ also tells Kate in their meeting to beware of some guys that Stefano kept at bay...they were working for the companies in the file that Sami and Kate decided to get rid of.

Adrienne left to give Ben something at the Club at Sonny's request. Ben leaves and goes to meet Clyde afterwards, even though he was supposed to meet Abby (she finds it suspicious). Adrienne and Abby sit down and talk about the affair with EJ. Abby apologizes for being hard on her at the hospital, but Adrienne asks if she can forgive her, since Adrienne pushed her to bake cupcakes with EJ and Johnny that one day. Abby didn't expect her to know they were in bed together, forgives Adrienne, EJ is in her past. Adrienne teases her a bit about Ben being so nice, maybe they should get together, yada yada.

Zoe had asked Sami if she had any comments, Sami said she did, and they will be heard. Evidently, she requested that Zoe put in the name of the mistress-Abigail Deveraux. Seems that way to me. At Will and Sonny's place, Will went off on Sami for playing the victim, only thinking about revenge, not heeding his warning...Sami continues her talk of making mistakes with Will, but she always sacrificed everything for him, and she doesn't play victim. Will looks like he feels bad for her.

Clyde makes a deal with Ben: he'll stay away from Abby if Ben and Jordan spend some time with him, to really see that he's changed. He also wants Ben to call him 'dad'. Ben refuses, seems to hint there is trouble with Rafe and Jordan, but won't say anymore.

With good reason, everyone loves to hate EJ, but every so often, he's right on point. Sami and Kate seem to think that they've pulled a corporate coup that's the functional equivalent of ousting Bill Gates as the head of Microsoft. However, DiMera Enterprises is not just any company. It may have the trappings of a "real" corporation, such as a board of trustees, but in reality, its lord and master is Stefano, a ruthless career criminal. who makes the rules and who decides who gets "terminated." As for creepy Clyde, since he won't let his step-children alone, they really ought to borrow a page from Sami's playbook and get a restraining order. After he violates it, Days viewers might enjoy seeing Rafe haul him off to Roman's jail. After a few days in a cell next to Kristen, the Poplar Bluff lowlife would be begging for the chance to leave Salem. Finally, if Sami finds out that Will's publisher is owned by Victor, and she rushed over to the K-mansion to demand that the article not be published, the fireworks between her and Victor might be quite entertaining.

Ben is Clyde's son; not his stepson. As for Ben and Jordan's getting a restraining order on Clyde, he has threatened to have Jordan arrested for theft and kidnapping. Jordan probably doesn't know Clyde doesn't have a case (or much of one) against her for that, or that she could prove how he treated them. I'm surprised that an educated, and supposedly intelligent, woman like Jordan couldn't see that it's just a bluff...and not a popular one. :)

I think it's interesting they keep saying the town Popular Bluff.

Something is going to hit the fan when the article is printed with Abby's
name. If Zoe tells Will, he will probably be too late to warn Abby. I think
we all know who told Zoe too.

Kate told EJ she talks to Stefano twice a day. I wonder if
that's true.

Adrienne was right when she told Sonny Will find out how he
got the job. Some secrets in Salem come out faster than others.

KathyLu, you like being punny don't you :)

I thought it was a decent episode. I liked the Sami and Will scenes overall, but hated how they tried to make Sami look innocent and victim-ish. And putting in Abby's name in the article was low, even for Sami, since she knows she will probably end up ruining his relationship with his half-cousin for some time. Unless she learns right away it was Sami.

Loved Adrienne...she needs to put on another shirt though.

Jordan...zzzzzzzzzz

EJ and Rafe talking was so bizarre. I was waiting for Rafe to laugh in EJ's face when EJ thought he left Jordan to try and be with Sami. I wish he told EJ how his wife was panting after him just a few days ago.

Loved the exchange between Kate and EJ. Surprised Ian was brought up.

Oh, thanks for reminding me DaysD! Rafe is too classy to play EJ's game there but I do agree it would have been funny if he had told EJ that Sami was ready to take him back just a few hours prior. Speaking of that...anyone notice how long this day has been in Salem? I really hope Monday's episode is a new day. Although I did think it was pretty funny that Sami had 3 outfits/hairstyles in one Salem day while Adrienne and Abigail have been traipsing around town in their same hideous attire. :rolleyes:

Oh, thanks for reminding me DaysD! Rafe is too classy to play EJ's game there but I do agree it would have been funny if he had told EJ that Sami was ready to take him back just a few hours prior. Speaking of that...anyone notice how long this day has been in Salem? I really hope Monday's episode is a new day. Although I did think it was pretty funny that Sami had 3 outfits/hairstyles in one Salem day while Adrienne and Abigail have been traipsing around town in their same hideous attire. :rolleyes:

Not to mention the fact that Eric and Nicole had a meeting at the Vatican, then flew home from EUROPE and still seemed to have a full day in Salem:rolleyes:

The rest of the show: SNOOZEFEST, most of which I tuned out

@DaysDegrassi How bizarre! (sorry couldn't resist)

My mom goes to some of the local clothing stores to look around, and almost every week she tells me she saw something Jennifer was wearing the week before on the show. Why these "styles" are in style I don't know, but apparently they are...

Back