Days of Our Lives - Friday, Aug. 22, 2014

So many people in Salem hate her, she would have been safer in Roman's jail.
Tell that to Arnold Finnegar!! :wink:

If we are to accept the NBC website's version of Will's article, I agree his writing career will be very short!! Thank goodness for the Salem money tree!!

However he DID mention helping to chip in with the bills at the apartment today - maybe he forgot to water his money tree.

Really bad show today. Sick of Dimeras, Sick of Sami, Sick of Abby/Will.

Agree 100 % ! I would add that I'm sick of Jennifer and Daniel also, at least together. I still can tolerate Dan (not Super Dan mind you) but not Jennifer.

In fact, today, once again, I found myself wondering why oh why I keep watching this show. Really not entertaining anymore. EJ and Sami acting all appalled over Will's article, considering all they have done, to others and to each other (bravo Will for finally calling their "relationship" like it is : a sick thing that is certainly not love !).

And I'm supposed to take this show seriously ? :eek: I'm sorry if I appear to be overly critical or a real downer, but again, today, I wondered if I would be better off if I quit watching. The lack of really rootable characters, the lack of compelling storylines, the fact that all the villains are now so evil I can't even love to hate them (Kristen and her smirk are unbearable... as is the whole ridiculous buying of judges by the Dimeras) and the supposedly good characters are either boring (Jordan, Paige, for instance) or sanctimonious while doing wrong things themselves (Jennifer, Eric), the idiocy of other characters (brainless Brady comes to mind), the overuse of certain characters (Sami, EJ, Jennifer, Daniel... today was the perfect example) and the underuse of others (Lucas, Kayla, poor John in a coma, etc.), the lack of continuity (we were left with a tense scene with Eric/Brady/Nicole preparing to talk about Kristen, and today... nothing, nada, zip, nichts, rien !), etc., etc., etc.

So the question is, why do I keep watching ? I guess the simple answer is "old habits die hard". I've been watching for about 30 years, and I keep hoping things will get better. But alas, I'm often disappointed.

Anyway, sorry for the rant. I just can't believe this was a Friday show ! Sooooo disappointing. So bad. At least, in my opinion.

Oh, another reason why I keep watching : I love it here, at the Spectator ! So again, sorry for the rant. :hug:

I enjoyed Anne's happy dance too. She had a great line about Jenny being allergic to work :)

The discussion Jen and Abby's had about the press release was interesting.
Especially the part about EJ and Sami being made for each other.

Will Daniel and Jen get back together? Something was going on today when Daniel came by.
He "saved the day" making the reporters leave.

I wonder if Daniel flew back to the hospital. He got there fast after his visit.

EJ and Will's discussion was interesting too. Will should have remembered
about throwing those stones since he's done bad things too.

Sad new about John and he will be sent to a long term facility. There is one person in
Salem that is happy.

Interesting to see the device on Brady's arm. Then we saw the tracking device
on Kristen's leg. I wonder if Kristen might do something.

So the question is, why do I keep watching ? I guess the simple answer is "old habits die hard". I've been watching for about 30 years, and I keep hoping things will get better. But alas, I'm often disappointed.
I'm in the same boat. I survive by snarking, visiting the Spectator, and of course, twitter.

katmouse I also enjoyed the scenes of Jen & Abby working together, but alas, they were thrown aside for Daniel to save the day. :sick:

I agree Jason and TheWriter. I am not entertained anymore, even more so the last month or so. I'm traveling most of September and may just take a break to see what it feels like.

I enjoyed Abby and Jen too though I still think Jen is a horrible PR person. She should be a reporter.

Re Jen/Dan: Either put them together or keep them apart. No more middle ground.

Roman had more airtime than Marlena did today. :eek:

I'm sick of Jeannie Theresa but I like the longer hair.

I enjoyed Will and EJ too--good dialogue.

I hope EJ turns the tables on Sami.

Marlena's outer necklace was not necessary and looked tacky.

Tell that to Arnold Finnegar!! :wink:
Arnold's problem was that his look-a-like, Rafe, had enemies among that luckless class of Salemites who actually go to jail. In Kristen's case, Salemites who are roaming free and hold her in very low regard include some who are capable of doing her serious harm: Brady (ordered a hit on Chad while drunk and locked Vivian in a sarcophagus), Marlena (paralyzed Stefano with an injection), Nicole (tried to poison Victor), Sami (shot EJ in the head), Will (shot EJ in the back), and Victor (kidnapped Stefano and withheld his meds). As for the "disgusted" EJ claiming that his family comes first, the truth is that if his priorities were in a horse race, ego and libido would be in a photo finish for first, while family would be so far behind that spectators near the finish line wouldn't be able to see it.

You forgot two things. One was Anne coming by, packed Abby's stuff and brought it over to the Horton House, pretty much trashes Abby to her mom. Jennifer tells off Anne for feeding on negativity, she will always be proud of her daughter. Anne doubts she will come to work, but Jennifer says she will be there first thing in the morning (yeah right).

Then, Marlena comes by Will's place, can't believe he could hurt his family like that, he starts to explain he never put Abby's name in the article, then explains about how he eventually resorted to these measures to stop Sami, since Marlena never could (hated how rude he was to Marlena, she has always been there for him; it is kinda true though, lol). He apologizes, talks of how nobody even congratulated him on the article, Marlena can't talk about this with him now. He asks about John, she says there is no change, it gets awkward, she leaves.

Good show overall. Loved everything about it. The drama, Theresa's long hair, everything. Yesterday was good, but this was even better and I know next week will be fantastic.

Line of the day goes to Anne, after Theresa says Jennifer probably won't be at work due to the article. "Yeah, tomorrow is a work day; we all know she has allergies to those!"
:rotfl::rotfl::clap:

I loved Anne on the show Friday. I knew she wold have a field day once she realized why Abigail was fired from the hospital, and her happy dance in front of Jennifer was amusing. I know some people get tired of her antics, but for the purpose of this character to be a thorn in Jennifer's side, I love it. Plus, the actress is so funny and talented, and as she's not shoved down our throats, I enjoy her when she's on.

I was shaking my head over EJ and Will. Really, EJ, you never stabbed your family in the back? How about the affair with Abigail, which hurt Sami? How about Rafe2? and having everyone believe Sydney was dead? Taking the family business away from Stefano? Such a hypocrite! However, the cover story also seemed to go to Will's head, and he could not understand why nobody thought it was a great accomplishment when he aired the family's dirty laundry to the public. While Will is still young and inexperienced, even JJ thought that it was a low blow not just to Abigail, but to Sami as well.

I did like Marlena coming over and supporting Sami. Even though Sami has annoyed me since she started her vendetta against Abigail, she was wronged in this instance and it's good she has her family to support her in her time of need.

I forgot how much I enjoy sober Brady:love:. He annoyed me so much last year when he was with Kristen and when he fell off the wagon that I wrote him off for awhile. I hope he stays strong after meeting up with her at the end of the episode.

I did not enjoy Daniel and Jennifer together today, ugh! IF they are going to insist on putting those two together, please do it already and put both of them on the back burner for a long time.

The lunatic rapist claiming that he puts family first was the joke of the century. How many times did this phycho use his own children to keep nut-case Sami in line. He must have been referring to Stefano and Kristen because the only times his family is first with him is when they are a convenient use to keep a hold on Sami.

Too bad Will could not think of these things, as the viewers thought of them all instantly. I wish Will would have voiced the parting shot as EJ went out the door.
But then, the guy claims the same to Sami so maybe he finds excuses for himself, just as Sami does.

It really bothered me that after making Sami and Kate head of the company the board did vote to give them 6 months, and now all the board members need to talk to EJ to make sure he is okay with what is going on.

I mean EJ is STILL under investigation/criminal prosecution for Tax Evasion, which alone would remove him from most governing boards of companies. Come on, make the girls powerful again. I can't believe Kate would have told them she'd have Steffie get right back with them.

And really, Will? Really?? You write a lousy, as in poorly written, cover story trashing your family, exposing private information and you are whimpering that not a single person has congratulated you on your first cover story??? Did you really think that was a possibility??? On what planet?? Grow up little man.

I was ticked off like Sonny when Will kept going on and on that he might get to be
on TV if story goes nationwide :rolleyes: Does he only care about being famous and not
being a good writer.

Back