Days of Our Lives Friday Sept 25, 2015

JS, you are right of course, about the modern definition of incest. I was just thinking about some rules I read in Leviticus; kind of hard for me to understand. Would like to do lunch with an Orthodox rabbi someday, and ask him about them. :)

I realize that soaps present shocking and outrageous pairings in the interest of ratings. But I wish they would cut back on them though, because I feel that soaps are taking part in the normalization of what I consider taboos.

We can agree to disagree! :love:

I still don't see how Kate and Eduardo hooking up (if it happens) would be taboo, outrageous or shocking.

Kate was once married to the man (Roman) who is her grandson's grandfather and the father of her daughters-in-law (Carrie and Sami). Lucas and Sami shared a child, but yet became step-siblings when Kate and Roman got married. Carrie and Austin were also step-siblings through Kate and Roman's marriage.

Doug was married to Addie, then later married her daughter, Julie.

Wow, it's even worse than I thought! That stuff would make for some interesting conversations at a family BBQ. :eek:

Well, writers have to cope with the families they are dealt. If viewers continually complain (on ANY soap) about newer characters unrelated to the major families, then that is what happens. Heck, I do remember the comments about Paige when she first appeared, so she ended up being tied to the Brady family, although in a round about way. Her mother was Shane Donovan's daughter by another woman, but of course, now her father gets her tied to the Hernandez family. And I remember when Rafe came, not tied to any one, a breath of fresh air at last.

Heck, look how some characters got tied to the DiMera family, although weren't originally. Towns need new blood, but Madison came, was killed. Jordan came, written out. Stepfather Clyde & brother Ben, seems like they may be headed out of town. Lexie, Chad, EJ.....all became DiMeras. And the beat goes on.

I do hope that as Roman came to town, with family arriving slowly, that is perhaps how the Hernandez family will be expanded, maybe a new family as well. Hortons have all but vanished.

I see what you mean about the writers' limited options. I guess they strike a pretty good balance between new characters and vets.

Back