Days of Our Lives - Mon., 7/31/17

Just Samantha

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Kayla and Roman are talking at the pub, she thinks they've hit a dead end. He's trying to reassure her, wants to kick the hell out of whoever has done this to her. She's so appreciative of his support.

At the hospital, Tripp says he checked the schedules and cross referenced all employees, but came up with nothing. Steve's spidey-senses are on high alert as he says since Shelly didn't do it and Tripp obviously didn't do it, whoever did it, won.

Steve and Tripp come into the pub, as Kayla cries a bit. Steve lays it on thick about how proud he is of Tripp for helping him with this investigation. Kayla is happy he's helping Steve and offers to still help him with his medical studies, since he can't shadow her. She knows he'll be a great doctor. Little Trippy squirms as Steve goes on about Kayla. Steve's like a cat playing with a mouse.

Tripp and Kayla talk about being a doctor. He talks about how Kayla treated Ava, and she still died. Kayla says she's sorry Ava died, while Steve gives Tripp the evil eye.

Roman pulls Steve aside to tell him he's really worried about Joey. Then Roman asks Steve what's going on. Steve doesn't want to share; says there's nothing Roman can do to help, he needs to do it alone.

Kayla gets a call from Seth Burns, he wants to see her. Steve and Kayla head to the hospital while Steve turns back and gives the stink-eye to Tripp, who continues to squirm.

Steve and Kayla are at the hospital and Steve's pacing like a caged animal. They have their meeting in the hospital waiting area. Mrs. Sherman's body was donated to science and they did an autopsy and found no overdose of medication. The IT department also said there was a glitch in the hospital computer system and it happened before (about the medication dosages being changed), so everything's wiped clean and she's reinstated. (well, isn't that convenient??) He says a trauma is coming in and tells her to get ready.

Abby is hit by the car as Chad and Dario look on in horror. She's then on the ground, all battered and bloody. Unless we see flashbacks of the accident, looks like the spoiler pics we saw of the stuntwoman on the hood of the car and Abby on the hood were from cut scenes. (I missed the first 3 minutes, so maybe that's when it was shown?) Chad calls 911, while Dario cries over Abby.

Dario says the car was trying to kill him, that's why he's going into witness protection. Chad tells him to leave. Dario cries and apologizes to Abby, then leaves, while Chad kisses Abby.

Abby's now on a stretcher, while Chad explains what happened. They say the cops will want to talk to him, to stay put. Chad says "like hell" and rushes off (presumably to the hospital; he can probably run across the square and get there before the ambulance does :rolleyes:)

Hattie and Marlena go back and forth in the bedroom. Hattie going on about always getting the short end of the stick. She goes on about how Andre did her wrong and she wants him punished. Marlena fails to see how that concerns her. Hattie says she will.

Hattie then talks about how Marlena had two good men who loved her. Roman, who she threw away, and she'd never do that. Roman's the man of her dreams. Marlena tells Hattie to go down to the pub to talk to him. Hattie says that won't work and she's going to take Marlena's place to get him.

Marlena is getting woozy. Hattie says she's going to be with the man of her dreams, Roman, and who cares about John. He's not so great. Marlena tries to call for help, but collapses before she can. Hattie says they (she and Anjelica, I guess) drugged the strawberries and whipped cream; says John won't get there in time to save her. They continue to talk while Marlena is slipping into a drugged haze, when John comes into the house. He calls out for her and Hattie says he's finally home.

Earlier, John's buying flowers in the square and runs into Paul. They talk about the investigation. Paul thinks Victor did it, but John's not buying it. He says Victor loves and protects his family. Paul's determined get Victor for this.

John says he's going to need a greenhouse full of lilacs to make up his behavior (being gone) to Marlena. Paul says she'll be thrilled to see him.

Sonny's talking to Victor at the cop shop. Sonny says he remembers moving Deimos' body under hypnosis. Victor asks why Sonny dragged her (Marlena) into this, as she sticks her nose in everything. Victor says there's no way he's allowing Sonny to go down for the murder of his worthless SOB of a brother. Victor tells Sonny to keep his mouth shut and he'll be out soon to run Titan.

Sonny asks Vic exactly what he's done, as he's been known to take extreme measures. Victor denies he did anything. They both tell each other they love the other one. Paul later encounters Victor in the cop shop, says he can't share what the investigation is turning up, but whoever did this will fry. Then Paul leaves.

Kayla puts on her lab coat and the paramedics bring Abby into the waiting area. She's shocked to see it's Abby. Chad is there, upset. They take Abby for treatment while a cop asks Chad what he saw. He has a flashback of the accident, in slow motion, and we see Abby get hit and fly up over the hood, the roof and then hit the ground.

Paul is able to visit with Sonny in that small room in the cop shop. They hug and Paul tells Sonny he won't rest until he gets him out there.

Victor makes a phone call, says he visited Sonny and he looks awful. He said it's time to give the police another suspect, then hangs up.

John walks into his bedroom and utters Roman's line of "what da' hell?" The room looks like there's been a struggle. The tray with the strawberries and cream, and champagne glasses is overturned with broken glass. Marlena's robe is on the floor.

Next we see Hattie dragging Marlena's body in a large bag through an alley.

Chad is telling the cop it was a hit and run, he didn't see anything. The cop asks about Dario, and Chad says he's gone.

Steve goes back to the pub to look for Tripp. Roman said he left and doesn't know where he went. Asks Steve if he can help him with something and they head to the back. Little Trippy steps out of the shadows and is alone in the dining area of the pub, as he mutters how she's not going to get away with murdering his mom.

Kayla is treating Abby, while Chad looks on, remembering how he yelled at her right before the crash to tell her to go and stay dead this time.

Thank you, JS.

This sounds like a good show, but I'm still not into the Anjelica/Hattie/Bonnie stuff. I hope it wraps up quickly. At least John knows that something happened there.

WOOHOOHOO ! Steve has the Salem brain, and is using it.

Is this officially Dario's last day (minus flashbacks to come)?

I thought for sure Hattie was going to be in Marlena's robe with the room all cozy and romantic or something. Then instigate a fight with John.

Today's show was good. Loved watching Steve making Tripp squirm. Little Trippy doesn't know what he's in for when daddy finds out what he did. :eek:

It will be good when Steve gets Tripp. I liked how he was making him squirm too. I do hope they redeem Tripp in some way. I think he would be a nice character to have.

I still don't really understand this whole Anjelica business. Really? She just wants Justin. Seems like a big elaborate plan to get a man that is single!!! I remembered another reason I thought it was Hattie in the bed originally. The way she reacted when she tasted the strawberries and cream. It was like she hadn't had it before.

Do wish the car would have gotten Dario. I'd have to say this is the end of Chad/Gabi. I have never been a Chad/Abby fan, not with Kate Mansi and really not with this actress but seems I better get on board.

I love how willy-nilly it was for Dario and Abby going into witness protection. Meanwhile, they'd have been surrounded by federal agents, not allowed to wander about as they got ready to leave.

Plus, one would think Dario would've had to give up his accomplice before all arrangements were made for witness protection. (unless he did and we didn't see it; but it seemed like he had them make the arrangements, then he was going to tell them)

I can't stand to watch the current incarnation of Anjelica. They have made her almost buffoonish. Her lack of style doesn't suit the actress. Can we just have it fall completely flat already? Justin is not going to fall for her. Please stop treating us like our history doesn't count.

Got to see some of the show while in E.R. (not for me, was the hubby) and thank you heaps to JS for filling in for me so last minute. Deidre Hall (Marlena) did a good job of going back and forth as Hattie & Marlena. Kudos.

Thought the "further investigation" by the hospital was rather lame, but it did the job, and Kayla got reinstated in time to help Abby.

I did read somewhere that this WAS the last day for Dario.........although evidently we will be seeing him again around the end of September. (and thank you to Jason47 for that news).

That said, I thought the car supposedly hitting Abby was all done well. We definitely had to use our imaginations with the glimpses, but those were enough to tell the story. And yes, JS is absolutely 100% correct. Not for 5 minutes, 2 minutes, even 1 minute would Dario/Abby be wandering around without a dozen Fed agents surrounding them. In fact, neither of them would not have gotten 2 feet away from that door, let alone outside.

As for Patch........oh, he has Tripp's number, all right. Tripp seemed so uncomfortable, but then, resented that Kayla got reinstated, so, wants to make her pay "for killing my mom"? Ava was NOT your mom, Tripp. Your MOM was the woman who raised you. Am sorry you lost her at a young age, but Ava is your bio mother, who gave you away, or allowed you to be given away. WAKE UP.

If Hattie is successful in breaking up with John and reuniting with Roman (while pretending to be Marlena), Samantha Gene will be one happy girl! She'll think her mommy and daddy are back together.

a14c6509b1d891c0dfb3c24f144b4a31.jpg

Steve's like a cat playing with a mouse.
And it is BRILLIANT. I'm no fan of five-days-a-week appearances, but if there's a non-Marlena contender, it's Steve.
Hattie then talks about how Marlena had two good men who loved her.
Pity poor Don Craig, who was quite the stand-up guy.
(I missed the first 3 minutes, so maybe that's when it was shown?) Chad calls 911, while Dario cries over Abby.
They did show it and it was awfully stupid. Abby pushed Chad out of the way, then stood there like a dork. I think we were supposed to take that she was paralysed with fear, but it was staged incredibly poorly. I think it would have been better left to our imagination.
Victor tells Sonny to keep his mouth shut and he'll be out soon to run Titan.
I'm over Victor. Also, I'm hoping CEO Sonny is undone quickly.
Your MOM was the woman who raised you. Am sorry you lost her at a young age, but Ava is your bio mother, who gave you away, or allowed you to be given away. WAKE UP.
I've lost all faith in Tripp. He's an idiot. If he's as smart as he's supposed to be, he should take his Vitali blood money and scoot to the forests of Greenland.

Hattie's motivation makes no sense. And the John wandering the Square scenes were stupid. Why are we breaking up couples who aren't together with these stories (Justin/Adrienne and Roman/Marlena)????

Thanks, JS.

I was ticked off John was dilly dallying on his way home. It made him get home too
late to save the day.

Then Abby saved Chad, but got hit by the car.

So, who was driving the car? And how long will take the Salem PD to figure it out?

I didn't like it when the Salem cop called Abby, Mrs Hernandez. I hope it will be easy
to get the marriage annulled.

I hope it won't take John too long to figure out there is something odd going on with Marlena.

And the big question we all have, will Roman get his kiss?

I was afraid Steve wasn't going to say anything to Tripp until Steve kept talking
about Kayla and her career. Will Tripp trip himself up?

I wonder if Theo hacked the hospital computer so Kayla could keep her job :)

Poor Sonny, like Victor said, he looked awful. I guess they don't have his hair
gel there.

Thank you for the summary, Just Samantha. I also don't understand why Anjelica and Hattie would have to go through all this business with Marlena and Adrienne, since both Justin and Roman are single. Oh well, whether they went straight to Justin and Roman and tried to win them or go through with their silly plan to change places with Marlena and at some point, Adrienne, I doubt the outcome would be much different.

I'm eager to watch Steve and Tripp, and the rest of the show.

Jason, I couldn't agree more! I could get interested in a relationship developing between Roman and Hattie. That would be fun. This thing they're doing now isn't fun, for me. I hope it doesn't drag on.

Trippy: Color him doomed. Steve is already suspicious and will drop the hammer on him very soon. Instead of taking out his frustrations on one of Roman's potted plants, Little Trippy should take his Vitali money and leave Salem sooner rather than later.

Abigail: Yes, she wasn't very good at getting out of the way of that car, but since they are so scarce in Salem, she probably didn't recognize what was coming at her. In any case, by being hit by a car, she's joined an elite group of Salemites who've managed this rare feat: most notably John Black and Arianna I.

Ghost Stefano: While he probably doesn't like Hattie messing with his Queen of the Night, he will surely note the irony of the situation. Marlena once drugged the mighty Phoenix and now Hattie has done the same to Marlena.

Salem Bystanders: Once again they have been remarkably oblivious. How could Hattie have gotten the large black bag out of Marlena's town house and into one of Salem's convenient back alleys without anyone seeing her? (Where was Noodle the dog when Marlena needed him?) In any case, poor Doc will now probably end up in one of many of Salem's empty warehouses. (Why doesn't Mayor Abe do anything about all these problem properties?)

Last edited:
Back