Days of Our Lives - Mon., Apr. 10, 2017

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Monday, April 10, 2017

Replay of Hope & Rafe in the alley, watching as they thing Deimos approaches, only to see it is Eduardo, who calls his contact, asking where he is. They guy shows up, has over a million dollars in treasury bonds, which is exchanged for some forged ones from Eduardo. Rafe & Hope leave, Ed says a few words with the other fellow, who leaves, he opens the suitcase, looks at the bonds, closes, as Rafe appears behind him. A very intense and emotional conversation between father and son, who refuses to look the other way, Ed accepts his fate, tells Rafe to do his job.

At the station, Raines congratulates Rafe on the arrest, did not think he had the guts to arrest his own father. Raines leaves.

At the club, Kate is leaving a message for Ed, figuring he stood her up. Gabi comes in, overhears, figures the two are getting back together, but Dario gets a call, grabs Gabi, Dad has been arrested. Kate follows.

Deimos gets a call which has him smiling, Vic asks what is going on, Deimos tells his tale of finding Hope's bug immediately, setting her up with fake phone calls, which has now resulted in the arrest of Eduardo. Vic says good work. They sip their drinks, as Vic says that he can go after Rafe & Dario if he wants, but Hope and Gabi are off limits. Deimos understands.

At the station, Dario lights into Rafe, Gabi stops him, recounting how Rafe covered for her a couple years ago, and it cost him everything. Each of the siblings takes turns saying "good-bye" to their father. Gabi is very upset tho, since lshe forgave him for leaving them all long ago, but won't forgive him now for leaving Ari. Dario blames himself, since he wanted the business to be up and rolling in the dough so fast, Ed denies this. Rafe wishes he could have looked the other way, but just could not. He is very sad. Kate is sorry they never were able to connect, both declare they love the other, share a kiss, and the time comes for the Feds to take him away. However, he gets one last opportunity to apologize to his family, who stand together, saying he loves them all. Gabi is crying, she loves him, too. So does Rafe, Dario echoes the same. Eduardo is led away. Dario has a stern look, this is Deimos's doing, he is going to pay.

Tripp did not come home all night, Steve, Kayla & Joey all worried. They talk a bit of Ava, Joey wants to tell Tripp it was not Steve who killed Ava, his parents refuse, tell him to keep his lip zipped.

Tripp has been sitting watching DVD's of mom, Ava, professing her love for her unborn child, telling him she will be there for him always, will give him this on his 21st birthday, more talk of how much she loves him, and there will be others who say they love you, and to trust them, don't believe them, your mom knows, will tell you, take care of you.

Tripp returns to the loft, to the relief of the Johnson family, but he tears into them, especially Steve. He berates him for what he did to his mother, goes on and on, shows him the DVDs, which show the real Ava. Steve tries to explain, but Tripp shuts him off, doesn't believe anything he says. Kayla also tries, but Tripp is having none of it. Steve takes his jacket, leaves.....Kayla tells Tripp his father is a good man, believe that. She leaves. The couple are later sitting at a table, Steve has the CDs, wants to see what Ava said. He inserts a CD wherein Ava talks about Steve, how much she loved him, they were to be married, he abandoned her. Yada, Yada, Steve finally has heard enough, closes the laptop. Kayla figures Tripp will come around.

But back at the loft, Tripp is packing his suitcase, is leaving, never wanting to see Steve again. Joey pleads with him, finally telling him how Ava kidnapped his mother, bashed her in the head, how Kayla kept fainting for no reason, was bleeding inside her head, had to have surgery. He begs Tripp to stay, and he will tell all, tell what really happened.

Last edited:
Oh Rafe was so funny today. His oath and his integrity. Yeah, if his dad wanted a body hidden and someone framed for murder, that's not against his oath and won't harm his integrity. I had forgotten that he helped Gabi too. Hid her involvement in Melanie's kidnapping, right? Which is another reason why I don't understand Chad being hot for Gabi.

That being said, I am sad to see Eduardo leave. I like the actor. I think they kind of screwed up his character. When he first came back it was all about Adriana was the one. That he really truly loved her but then he met Kate and that went out the window. The kids even seemed ok with it which I find weird.

I hope Joey isn't going to confess. He could tell him all the other stuff. That she lied about who she was and was trying to seduce Joey. I would think that would be enough to help Tripp see that mama wasn't all that innocent.

Maybe Rafe got so noble because Raines is such a hard nose boss. I will admit when he was talking about his oath, his integrity, how he could not look the other way, I was yelling at the TV.....but if it was Hope you would! The thing is, well, he was a receiver of stolen T bonds, right? Bet a good attorney could get him off. He did not steal them, the guy who did is long gone, unless they went to the airport and found him before the plane took off. All they really have on Ed is that he had that suitcase. I think the recordings (without his knowledge) are not admissible in court.......but could very well be wrong.

Trying to sell Edurado and Kate as some great love is completely ridiculous, imo. He wasn't long ago professing his love to Mama H.

The only reaction I had to that tearful goodbye was a lot of eye rolls. LOL

Can we get a break from Kate's love life, please??!

I totally agree, kathyLu.

I'm still bitter that they wasted the opportunity with him and Eve. I loved them together!

Last edited by a moderator:
But back at the loft, Tripp is packing his suitcase, is leaving, never wanting to see Steve again.
Good riddance to bad rubbish. Take this trashling out like you took out his mother, Joe, please!!

I'll miss Eduardo. He and Kate were nothing - I was hoping Kate would get mixed up in this and go to the slammer, too. (I'm not that lucky.) I liked him with Mami and echo others' sentiments that there was a HUGE missed opportunity with Eve.

And as others have said, a good lawyer could get Eduardo off in a few seconds. Between the actual evidence and the way same was obtained - done. I wonder if Deimos will listen to Victor? It would be more interesting if Deimos were the front man and Vic were pulling the strings. Instead we circle the drain.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: This show needs a dream reset. Right before the first necktie killing. Undo Rafe/Hope, Hope's murder, Chase/Ciara, the sainted Eggbaby, all of Deimos, start Eduardo fresh. I'd take it. For every 1 thing I've liked in the past 2 years, there are 10 things I dislike-hate.

Thanks for the summary, Poirot. Yup, a decent show. But I do agree with JasonD, regarding a dream reset. I'm just not buying Kate & Eduardo as a grand love story. I'll admit I warmed up to them a bit and there was some potential, but the back-and-forth and the Chloe thing, not to mention her past affair with his son, ultimately ruined it. It would've been nice if he was with Eve or even Mama H. This whole crook storyline seemed to come out of nowhere.

Tired of Victor not being able to decide whether or not he is on Deimos' side. Poop or get off the pot. And I'm sick to death of Deimos! Why was he ever brought on the soap?!

The Tripp storyline better be more entertaining than it looks set to be. Right now it seems like it will be the same predictable one of him blackmailing everyone at first about Joey, and then later becoming the good guy. It has a lot of promise, but it needs to be executed in a good way.

Not sure if the episode should be called "Black Day" or "Dad Day" in Salem.

I wonder why Rafe didn't wear a black jacket since the rest of his family
wore one today? He did have a black shirt on.

Was Hope using her phone when she recorded the conversation? Maybe
she sent it to Rafe's phone. And why wasn't she at the cop shop?

Will Joey tell Tripp the truth about how Ava died?

How long will it take Kate to find someone new since Eddie is gone? :)

What will Maggie say when she knows Victor is enjoying what Deimos is doing?

I'm going to miss Eduardo. Maybe he will come back to Salem one day.

While I agree that Rafe being noble was a big eye roll, I did like seeing some of the old Rafe in his scenes that were without Hope!

I must be in the minority but I like Tripp and the storyline with him. He has a grey past, he is very confused and angry, yet is a little boy who wants to love his mommy.

Maybe Rafe got so noble because Raines is such a hard nose boss. I will admit when he was talking about his oath, his integrity, how he could not look the other way, I was yelling at the TV.....but if it was Hope you would! The thing is, well, he was a receiver of stolen T bonds, right? Bet a good attorney could get him off. He did not steal them, the guy who did is long gone, unless they went to the airport and found him before the plane took off. All they really have on Ed is that he had that suitcase. I think the recordings (without his knowledge) are not admissible in court.......but could very well be wrong.
Yes, the case against Eduardo could turn out to be quite shaky, but if a character is being written out, he/she is doomed. In contrast a character can pile felony upon felony and pretty much get away with it in the long run if they're not being written out in the near future. Anyway, I'm not sorry to see retired assassin and career criminal Eduardo end up in the slammer and thought all the weeping over his pending incarceration were a bit much. Elsewhere, naive Tripp should try going around Salem introducing himself as the son of Ava Vitali. He'd be sure to get an earful from all those who knew and loved old Dad Brady. As for the entire Tripp-Steve-Joey situation the real loser is, who else, the long-suffering Kayla. How much more is this poor woman going to have to put up with before the past sins of Steve become ancient history?

I wonder if Rafe is going to stay on the "good cop" road now? It's been awhile
since he's been that way. He helped Gabi and Hope when he shouldn't have.
So, he arrested his father. They all gave Eduardo a chance to change, but
he didn't.

I have missed the old Rafe. Maybe Raines being in charge will help be the
man he used to be.

I think the recordings (without his knowledge) are not admissible in court.......but could very well be wrong.

In the course of a police investigation, a person can be recorded without their knowledge, however certain criteria must be met. In some places, you only need tithe permission of one person in a group, so you send in someone wearing a wire. If you're putting a bug on someone or someplace, you need a court order. Which would be the case here. Without the court order, any evidence obtained is considered tainted, and thus inadmissible. I believe that if a court order is to bug a location, it depends on what the court order says as to what recordings can be used.

Regardless, there was no court order involved, nor anyone wearing a wire, so everything involved in this arrest would be inadmissible. Furthermore, Eduardo could sue Rafe and/or the department for wrongful arrest. The best they could do in this situation is watch Eduardo, and hope he does something else to justify a search warrant, wire, or bug. And even then, they had better find some reason, other than the recording, to justify keeping a closer eye on him.

Off topic: a guy I used to work for (after I had already left) was busted by the feds, along with his wife, sister-in-law, a couple brothers-in-law and a few cousins on the wife's side. He sang like a canary to get a deal first and agreed to wear a wire to help the feds with their cases against his wife (they were in the process of divorce) and the others. He got about 15 months at "Club Fed" while the others each got several years. By the way, they were all awful people, which is why I left the company. Couldn't have happened to a more deserving group. :)

Oh, the stories we all can tell. Reader's Digest would love us. But I truly love hearing the tales here. Thank you all for sharing. Yes, the Good, the Bad, the Ugly, and the Uplifting. Blessings.

This is so boring it's taken me 3 days to muster up the enthusiasm just to read the recap. I can't see myself catching up on this episode. I don't need to see more of Rafe being a hypocrite.

Back